AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-02-16, 02:39   Link #3701
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Well in OMK...

Spoiler for OMK:
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 02:59   Link #3702
Somnus
Kissing the sky

^ ...what?

Spoiler for What?:

Either way, there's an appropriate thread for this discussion. Not to mention further opinions there that agree with me.
Old 2012-02-16, 04:28   Link #3703
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Sigh, FSN is pretty much the same - Decisions in the game (or VN if you will) lead to different story paths and thus different endings. My point, however, was actually to not compare original manga stories (like GE) with eroge/VN due to their differing dynamics and expectations of the readership/audience so I don't know why you bring FSN up.
My argument is that before the anime of Shuffle!/FSN (or whatever adaption went the same way) aired, many viewers were already familiar with all the characters and their endings so production doesn't need to fear to piss off too many people when they make their arbitrary choice. If a manga author pulls this one without development he/she can be sure to have a hard stand with his/her next work.

Does anyone know a manga original example where a definite side char girl wins? ...
Heaven's Feel only has 1 supposed pairing...
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 07:32   Link #3704
Lexxus
No you don't

^ Of course it only has one pairing because it is one of the 3 routes of FSN. Like what Waven was trying to say, tt will be up to the player which scenario he will choose to play. Heaven's feel mainly focuses on one of the 3 heroines of FSN which makes her the main heroine in Heaven's feel while in the other routes(Ultimate Blade Works and Fate) makes her a supporting cast.

I don't think it is really a good idea to use the game (VN or Eroge) as a reference for what you guys are debating since a game have a different routes depending on what will the player will choose. So, in short the side character can win because she can have her own route.

my anime list kuroneko my manga list
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 18:34   Link #3705
AI Dreamer

Red Hawk is searching a translator for GE!

I hope they will find it!

Old 2012-02-16, 19:51   Link #3706
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Dreamer View Post

Red Hawk is searching a translator for GE!

I hope they will find it!

Says how popular this drama really is hahahha, same as KNIM, I just wait when they end so that something better can take it place.
Old 2012-02-17, 06:09   Link #3707
AI Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Says how popular this drama really is hahahha, same as KNIM, I just wait when they end so that something better can take it place.

I just wanna cry...

I really loved this manga untill chapter 87... and now I really wanna see how it ends...

Old 2012-02-17, 06:36   Link #3708
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post

I don't think it is really a good idea to use the game (VN or Eroge) as a reference for what you guys are debating since a game have a different routes depending on what will the player will choose. So, in short the side character can win because she can have her own route.
Yes and no. Generally, the side characters or supporting characters tend to have their own routes only in a fandisc. Every dateable girl is usually considered as main cast because not every VN has a canon ending or a true route (True route = Fortune Arterial), unless the anime decides to make one couple "offical" (Da Capo 1, Shuffle!, Clannad) in case of an adaption.
But, it might not always be obvious who is a side character and who is main cast if one does not check a walkthrough or the offical website.

Fate Stay/Night is a bit of an exception because, if I remember it right, you have a forced play order of Fate -> Unlimited Blade Work > Heaven's Feel and can only choose backwards (i. e. from UBW to Fate or Heaven's Feel to UBW/Fate).
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 10:23   Link #3709
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for 114:
Old 2012-02-17, 11:56   Link #3710
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
very cliché but a good chapter
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 11:04   Link #3711
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
very cliché but a good chapter
So cliche. So, so cliche.

At least he didn't get a nosebleed.
Old 2012-02-18, 14:31   Link #3712
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
^ ...what?

Spoiler for What?:

Either way, there's an appropriate thread for this discussion. Not to mention further opinions there that agree with me.
Not really

Spoiler for why:

But yeah we should stop discussing it here.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 07:40   Link #3713
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Chapter 115 : Ah ah great chapter !
Spoiler for 115:
Old 2012-02-22, 08:03   Link #3714
Riltz
⌂ Vulcan 300 ⌂

It was a nice chapter (115), specially the last page, but....something feels wrong, Utsumi and Shou are happy
Riltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 08:06   Link #3715
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

What a nice chapter...nice ch 115..i liked it..

Utsumi is an idiot..for how he spoke of Yuki like this with Shou..but, i liked the end of this chapter...Shou is really cute..she is like a baby girl
Old 2012-02-22, 08:08   Link #3716
Johnny
Working the bags...

Could've been worse and the chapter title called 'Warm Yellow Snow' instead...

Utsumi learned a valuable lesson. NEVER tell your new girlfriend about how good of a time you had with an ex, NEVER!
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 09:42   Link #3717
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Could've been worse and the chapter title called 'Warm Yellow Snow' instead...

Utsumi learned a valuable lesson. NEVER tell your new girlfriend about how good of a time you had with an ex, NEVER!
I know right, Utsumi no baka -_-!. The chapter was great up until he stated talking about Yuki, but the ending totally made up for it.

In my opinion, I still think that Shou is nothing more than a rebound girl rather than an actually love interest. I just hope that Usumi gets his act together and sticks with Shou (she's my favourite heroine btw) and if it doesn't work out I hope he goes for Oonuma the hot busty clumsy kouhai.

I rather have those two end up with him rather than Yuki because I personally find her to be an annoying wishy washy whiny bitch.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-02-23 at 18:57.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 19:58   Link #3718
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser

Seriously... How many times does this Idiot need to realize he is an Idiot for him to stop being an Idiot!

"I'm an Idiot aren't I?"
"I'm an Idiot"
"Idiot, what am I doing."
"I really am an Idiot"

Seriously?...
Kimi no Iru disappointed but this guy just plainly pissed me off!

Give it a chapter or two and he will start swooning over Yuki again and followed by "I'm such an Idiot" =_=
Rozen Van Kaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 10:09   Link #3719
MikiMata

I really don't like where this manga is going. I thought that the "Shou arc" finished when she kissed him and said goodbye in the locker room that time. It was a poignant way to end their awkward attempts at a romance. Utsumi had moved on from his feelings for Shou. For the author to suddenly resurrect their connection to the point of having them date just feels wrong. If she wanted to have Utsumi break from Yuki for a while, she should have had him date a new girl, maybe like the photography kouhai (remember her? anyone?). That would feel like actual progress, instead of having Utsumi just going in circles between Shou/Yuki/Shou/Yuki.

Plus, we all know that Shou is just a rebound and that this will end badly. So, all the time spent "developing" this relationship just feels like a waste of time and energy.
MikiMata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 15:17   Link #3720
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

All I have to say to the doubter is beware of "Pastel Ending"... wait what ending?

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi