AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-28, 20:30   Link #3741
euclid
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
any news for ch117.... I cant wait for the for he next chapter...
euclid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 21:32   Link #3742
Saber024
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
that "being illuminated by the sun" photo will surely win. and IT will cause problems. again.

and yuki's really starting to show signs of "envy".
__________________
Nishino Tsukasa = LOVE
Saber024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 21:38   Link #3743
Kirito
Tease to Please!♥
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Yuki doesn't deserve Seiji. She's just too damn wishy washy for me to take.
__________________

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-02-28 at 22:55.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 22:34   Link #3744
euclid
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber024 View Post
that "being illuminated by the sun" photo will surely win. and IT will cause problems. again.

and yuki's really starting to show signs of "envy".
that's right, the one his teacher will choice is the picture of "yuki being illuminating by sunset" and utsi didn't expecting it... because he is planning to submit the pictures of shou for the exhibition and that pictures of yuki was not included in the item he wanted to to choose from...
euclid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 22:37   Link #3745
euclid
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
Yuki doesn't deserve Seiji. She's just too dame wishy washy for me to take.
I'm not yukixutsi fan but for me this is the plot... why you will choose someone who doesnt deserve you but regardless of everything you still love him/her... that's the drama behind this plot...
euclid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 00:35   Link #3746
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
I've lost all emotional investment in this manga by now. I hope this ends soon, the story is just being dragged out. I don't care who Utsumi ends up with.
I think most people are in the same boat. I'm just reading it out of habit right now until its finally over. A lot of the girls are starting to look a like with different hair styles.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 04:46   Link #3747
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
I've lost all emotional investment in this manga by now. I hope this ends soon, the story is just being dragged out. I don't care who Utsumi ends up with.
It's why the manga has joined KNIM on the dropped list for me. My interest started to wane after the whole "rape me or I dump you" angle and completely ended after Shou and Utsumi got together. Not because I'm against that relationship, because I was all for it, but because I know Yuki is going to ruin it somehow. That's always the lead girl's main purpose in any shounen romance it seems... to ruin everything.

I'm just so tired of shounen dramas. :P All rife with lame teenage angst and depression... to the point that I come to detest the characters. So, I've stopped reading them unless they're more laid-back slice of life mangas like Hoshi no Furu Machi. I'm just tired of character doing the most idiotic things imaginable all for the sake of "drama".
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 09:50   Link #3748
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
I think almost all fictional series get to the point where the readers' initial hype and excitement turns into habit, being attached to single characters / single aspects of the series (like ecchi) or just wanting to know how it ends to have completed something.

The thing is if there are enough people that regularly watch/read/etc. such series even out of these secondary reasons then from a business perspective there's no need for the creators to stop. I think we rarely see series ending just because the author/creator thinks it's not high quality anymore.

This ofc only applys to series that you follow while they are still running (e.g. weekly , monthly...) and it mostly applys to works that are relatively long-running - you probably won't have the mentioned effect during a single-cour anime.

That is also why I think you can't compare new, weekly series that are scanlated regularly to older series like Ichigo100%, which, I assume, none of us read on a weekly basis. I can only imagine how people would've raged at Manaka and Aya or gotten tired of the triangle if they read it weekly.

If GE and KNIM were to end next week and would make place for other shounen dramas then the same people would get tired of them at some point sooner or later, not because the series are necessarily bad but the format itself doesn't work for these people (anymore), as KLGChaos seems to have realized for himself.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 11:17   Link #3749
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I think we rarely see series ending just because the author/creator thinks it's not high quality anymore.

That's why series get axed because Author are to self centered. But thanks to readers votes and editors/chiefs decision, shitty series get axed.
I cannot comprehend how people can enjoy such low drama, it is just sad how characters do whatever it takes to make more drama.
That's why I now mostly read seinen romances, if I see shounen title I think 3-4 times before I even touch it, because most of the time in the long run it will become some shit like KNIM or GE. KNIM dropped at beef strogonov chapter, GE dropped around Rape me or i dumb you chapter.
Both of those series aren't just worth the time invested, lowly drama and retarded characters decision on every point in the story, aren't worth wasting any more time, even if time already invested was significant.
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 22:09   Link #3750
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
That's why series get axed because Author are to self centered. But thanks to readers votes and editors/chiefs decision, shitty series get axed.
They're not self centered... they are making a living. There is no guarantee that they will get a new series or anything. The trick is for the axe to come down with enough time to finish the story off nicely.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 22:21   Link #3751
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
I problem with a lot of shonen series is that they seem to not be planned out very well. A lot of times it kinda feels like the authors are making the story as they go along, which leads to poor writing and character development.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 22:26   Link #3752
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I problem with a lot of shonen series is that they seem to not be planned out very well. A lot of times it kinda feels like the authors are making the story as they go along, which leads to poor writing and character development.
Only after a certain point and for certain authors. So far, GE and Kimi have all had planned arcs. We've had foreshadowing and no real wtf moments, as in something comes out of no where for plot's sake (see Guilty Crown). Others just get into a rut with no progression and get a tad boring (see Pastel).

And GE is still very good. Everything has been progressing logically and most importantly, naturally. Seiji has grown considerably since the first chapter and he is progressing towards who he needs to be to free Yuki and live happily ever after with her.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 23:17   Link #3753
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
They're not self centered... they are making a living. There is no guarantee that they will get a new series or anything. The trick is for the axe to come down with enough time to finish the story off nicely.
Yeah and that's why you have successful authors who can make a living with just 1 good series and goodies connected with it.
And you have shitty authors on the other side who spew out shitty stories left and right, and get axe foreshadowing just few chapters after starting the story.

Manga world is damn big, not everyone can be successful, sad part is that some shitty authors get another chances with their shitty stories, while young talents are pushed back.
If some mangaka is talented then his only worry is how to present his story and viewpoint as best as he can, and he doesn't need to worry about axe. Look at Oda and One Piece, even though I don't read it, I know that its damn successful, and know how a great mangaka Oda is. I know that we cannot compare romance to battle manga, but still there were damn better romance stories few years back.
Even if artwork wasn't the greatest those stories still had that *spark/thing* that made you want to read more. Now look at all those generic romances, each and every is same shit waiting for axe to come.
Where are the authors who can actually write a story??? Now only novels seem to have a decent story and plot. Romance mangas are just nice pictures with DAFUQ dialog between characters.

End of rant.

There still a lot of good titles on the market, but the quantity of shit still being published is astonishing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Seiji has grown considerably since the first chapter and he is progressing towards who he needs to be to free Yuki and live happily ever after with her.
Thats another part that makes me stop reading GE. Can this damn girl do anything on her own. Its like looking at some princess waiting for her knight. Jesus I know the girl has had some traumatic experiences but for God sake Seiji is a masochist for trying so hard for such a lowly gem.
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 00:12   Link #3754
Kirito
Tease to Please!♥
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
I just wish that Yuki can just meet her ex and get it over with. I just hope that they don't continue to drag this further then it already is, because with the current chapters, it's becoming an KNIM scenario all over again.
__________________
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 11:02   Link #3755
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 25
As expected this will happen. Can't wait to see their reaction in the next chapter
__________________

my anime list kuroneko my manga list
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 11:41   Link #3756
solomon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Suburban DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Yeah and that's why you have successful authors who can make a living with just 1 good series and goodies connected with it.
And you have shitty authors on the other side who spew out shitty stories left and right, and get axe foreshadowing just few chapters after starting the story.

Manga world is damn big, not everyone can be successful, sad part is that some shitty authors get another chances with their shitty stories, while young talents are pushed back.
If some mangaka is talented then his only worry is how to present his story and viewpoint as best as he can, and he doesn't need to worry about axe. Look at Oda and One Piece, even though I don't read it, I know that its damn successful, and know how a great mangaka Oda is. I know that we cannot compare romance to battle manga, but still there were damn better romance stories few years back.
Even if artwork wasn't the greatest those stories still had that *spark/thing* that made you want to read more. Now look at all those generic romances, each and every is same shit waiting for axe to come.
Where are the authors who can actually write a story??? Now only novels seem to have a decent story and plot. Romance mangas are just nice pictures with DAFUQ dialog between characters.

End of rant.

There still a lot of good titles on the market, but the quantity of shit still being published is astonishing.



Thats another part that makes me stop reading GE. Can this damn girl do anything on her own. Its like looking at some princess waiting for her knight. Jesus I know the girl has had some traumatic experiences but for God sake Seiji is a masochist for trying so hard for such a lowly gem.
Woah, ranty rant is ranty.

Dude, I think you are expecting WAYYYYY too much over here, aight. This is popcorn level shit ya know, like this is for kids age ioono 13-17 maybe? If you are older than this, I suggest you look for some seinen/josei type stuff.

And what's more just making a living with one series doesn't validate a series artistically (as if there is one set of standards for that) just commercially. Generally speaking, all these Shonen romances read the same and I don't expect anything else, it's halfway wish fufillment fantasy anyways, and as far as I am concerned things don't change drastically from one to the other.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 14:26   Link #3757
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Ok..i make a summary for 117

Spoiler for my Summary
Spoiler:
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 14:55   Link #3758
Kirito
Tease to Please!♥
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Nice summary, even though I've already predicted that something like this would happen... I definitely hate where this is going.
__________________

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-03-02 at 19:58.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 10:39   Link #3759
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
The lack of a cat fight disappoints me... but lol BURN! @ the end
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 10:44   Link #3760
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Retracing my steps.....
Poor shou, gliding along on cloud 9 all day only to get the gut punch in the end.
__________________
"Do what I do in every friendship and relationship, give 5%" - Ron Bennington
TooPurePureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.