AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-03-26, 23:43   Link #921
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Probably your definition of not "take" is that: don't let it happen to you, and if it already happened, you have to pay the opponent back, just for the sake of nothing but paying it back. Mine is that don't let it happen to me, and if it already happened, I would not pay back what was unjustifiedly did to me, if it doesn't do me anything rather than just having it equal.
I do respect your opinion - it is yours but...

If I come spit on your face or kiss your girlfriend infront of your eyes jamming my tongue down her throat, you won't do nothing? Because that 'already hapened'? Really?

Heck then you shouldnt oppose anything in your life with such logic - because technically every act is already 'happened'. Even when I type this text the letter type is already happened.

It's a good look against natural disasters but not against social ones.

I really can't see how you won'ty let some accidents happen. You cannot control others actions - just yours but controlling your actions doenst mean you can control the incidents and prevent them from happening unless you live in some kind of inhabbited island but even then some accidents that you cannot avoid will happen.

Quote:
IMO struggling would not be enough. Utsumi would have to get Ryou good to see any effect (which he is indeed incapable of, anyway).
You may be right but it doesnt seem like being nice and mature has effect on Ryou either - the only reason Ryou let it be was because Utsu looked so weak and helpless in his mind (and Ryou is not sadistic enough to continue hitting a weakling) and that Yuki distracted him.

Quote:
Also the more Ryou is "scared" of Utsumi, the more he is reluctant to hit him. True. But so do his desire to hit Utsumi, and his worry over Yuki. So it's very hard to tell what would actually happen.
True, but I think it is worth the risk. Being nice guy doenst seem to work all that well unless Utsu does some really outrageous nice guy thing - like saving Yuki or something.

As for spoiler - The spoiler is fake. It is posted way too early to be real so calm down. Though It would be interesting to see an author taking trolling the fans to another level.

The only thing that confuses me is that this spoiler is done by the same guy who did spoiler 29 which were correct if I remember right at that time... But I think he is just trolling around this time.

Umm, Waven those otakus would be happy for something like that happen to shou not raging about it.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2010-03-27 at 00:24.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 00:05   Link #922
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo
If I come spit on your face or kiss your girlfriend infront of your eyes jamming my tongue down her throat, you won't do nothing? Because that 'already hapened'? Really?
It depends on the situations. And spitting on my face isn't that bad to me, but kissing my girlfriend most likely would make me go wild. But again, it would likely be because of my emotion, you see.

Having strong emotion may be good, and it may be proof of strong love, pride, etc. But in Ryou's case the most appropriate emotion from a punch-back would just be anger and a big ego (I wouldn't exactly call it pride).
Quote:
I really can't see how you won'ty let some accidents happen.
What's your deal here? Ain't you also suggesting Utsumi to toughen up so that he won't be hit again by Ryou? My idea of "prevention" isn't so big as you misunderstood it.

Utsumi was punched by surprised. That's that. "Prevention" here is so that next time Ryou won't punch Utsumi again (at least not so hastily). It may be either Utsumi gains Ryou trust or Utsumi shits out Ryou (which would likely undermine his trust, and to shit Ryou enough to have any results at all is probably impossible for Utsumi anyway, not to mention the risk of getting loads of crap coming instead if Utsumi fails to do so, hence overall I prefer the "sincere route" more).
Quote:
True, but I think it is worth the risk. Being nice guy doenst seem to work all thatunless Utsu does some really outrageous nice guy thing - like saving Yuki or something.
It's the route he has chosen, and we will see how it progresses. And I can't say how it would work in reality, but if the manga will really have a good ending (yeah, I know ), it should eventually work here at least.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 00:12   Link #923
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
What's your deal here? Ain't you also suggesting Utsumi to toughen up so that he won't be hit again by Ryou?

Utsumi was punched by surprised. That's that. "Prevention" here is so that next time Ryou won't punch Utsumi again (at least not so hastily). It may be either Utsumi gains Ryou trust or Utsumi shits out Ryou (which would likely undermine his trust, and to shit Ryou enough to have any results at all is probably impossible for Utsumi anyway, not to mention the risk of getting loads of crap coming instead if Utsumi fails to do so, hence overall I prefer the "sincere route" more).
To completely prevent something is impossible, but if you show Ryou that you are tough - the chance is that he will reconsider before hitting you and is much higher chance of not doing it that much higher likehood to prevent it.

Completely prevent something is impossible, but playing a wimp will not help you much. Though if you look weak Ryou may be too disgusted to hit your pathetic weakness, but it will also mean taht he will claim to have more rights compared to you this pushing you back with his actions and if you try to oppose - he would hit you without second thought because you are a weakling who still doesnt know his place.

Quote:
It's the route he has chosen, and we will see how it progresses. And I can't say how it would work in reality, but if the manga will really have a good ending (yeah, I know ), it should eventually work here at least.
If that latest spoiler really comes out by some miracle to be true then I am really starting to doubt if a Good Ending is possible in this manga... Too depressing. Or it may be too... pathetic...

You know like in last panel you see beautiful flowers but for 300 pages you were forced to watch weeds and other crap/ It won't make last second good ending more satisfying, but rather - insufficient.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 09:38   Link #924
Iron21
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Spoiler for ch 30 spoiler pic:
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 09:47   Link #925
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
Spoiler for ch 30 spoiler pic:
Spoiler for 30:
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 10:50   Link #926
SageGaiGar
You are Next
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NE USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
Spoiler for ch 30 spoiler pic:
Obvious troll is obvious

Spoiler for speculation on Shou/Sempai:


Quite frankly this little back and forth has been getting a little old... though atleast it keeps the thread going and has raised a few decent points. Nice to see some forward movement rather than a circular argument that never ends. I hope.
__________________
sig courtesy of Haak and Natsuki Hyuga
Friends don't let friends CB
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 11:07   Link #927
ZeKeR
Superbad
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
Send a message via Skype™ to ZeKeR
really.... if utsumi reverted to shou..... i would forever brand him as a wussy doormat.....

seriously... after all the pain she did? she deserves none in return.... this is how the hammer falls.... and it should fall w/ no mercy.... as it did to utsumi.... but problem w/ him is that HE HAS NO FREAKIN BACKBONE AND HES EMO ALL THE TIME!!!!
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 21:24   Link #928
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
really.... if utsumi reverted to shou..... i would forever brand him as a wussy doormat.....

seriously... after all the pain she did? she deserves none in return....
Do you like someone because she deserves to be like by you or not zzz.

Anyway, Shou might just be there for a temporary drama again. She may even be the one who will fall for Utsumi herself this time. Though there's very little chance she's the one Utsumi would finally end up with.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 22:00   Link #929
ZeKeR
Superbad
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
Send a message via Skype™ to ZeKeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Do you like someone because she deserves to be like by you or not zzz.

Anyway, Shou might just be there for a temporary drama again. She may even be the one who will fall for Utsumi herself this time. Though there's very little chance she's the one Utsumi would finally end up with.
no... i mean when i read this.... if he switches to shou in LI... hes what i said.... really... imo... i wont go after that girl again.... i'll leave her alone... its her choice....
when you love something... better learn to let it go.... if it comes back.... you already know its definitely yours.... if it wont.... then its not yours to begin with....
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 01:07   Link #930
SageGaiGar
You are Next
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NE USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Do you like someone because she deserves to be like by you or not zzz.

Anyway, Shou might just be there for a temporary drama again. She may even be the one who will fall for Utsumi herself this time. Though there's very little chance she's the one Utsumi would finally end up with.
If they do go that route it could be in essence 'training wheels' relationship-wise for Utsumi. Still seeing a pretty heavy 'shipping' towards Yuki but never sure exactly what the author's thinking.

Well there's always that cute co-worker. Which seems more like a red herring. Anxiously awaiting a scan of the latest chapter.
__________________
sig courtesy of Haak and Natsuki Hyuga
Friends don't let friends CB
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 12:05   Link #931
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Chapter 29... (curse your raw discussions)...

First off, glorious cover.

Secondly, I was wondering how he was going to confront him. I think it would have been better for Utsumi not to do anything, but this is a shonen romance drama, so we can't expect too much, right.

Can't wait for the next chapter.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 14:31   Link #932
Grey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Spoiler for Chapter 29:
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 16:59   Link #933
jzmagic
flargansbog
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 29:
You know what I can't respect? He didn't yell at him out of anger even. He yelled at him with a look of helpless desperation, as if he were begging him to consider Shou's feelings.

I'd say for him to turn in his man card, but he probably never had one to begin with.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 17:05   Link #934
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
You know what I can't respect? He didn't yell at him out of anger even. He yelled at him with a look of helpless desperation, as if he were begging him to consider Shou's feelings.

I'd say for him to turn in his man card, but he probably never had one to begin with.
It's to be expected that he would feel sad before feeling angry. And anger should always be one of the last emotions, so I don't see anything wrong with that. Being angry doesnt make you a man.

Though Utsumi really should act out of his emotion for once.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 21:25   Link #935
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
I am torn with how he should have handled that situation. I need to see what happens next to make a good decision, although that might a little contradictory. lol.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 21:51   Link #936
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I am torn with how he should have handled that situation. I need to see what happens next to make a good decision, although that might a little contradictory. lol.
He shouldn't have gotten involved at all, IMO. He and Shou were never that close to begin with, plus he should be loving to watch her crash and burn (like Eri and even Shou herself pointed out). None of his fucking business really. But since he is a doormat incomprehensibly nice and decided to get involved, if you're gonna grab a guy by the collar then by God try to look tough. Unless his plan is to make the guy feel sorry for him.
__________________
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 22:04   Link #937
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
He shouldn't have gotten involved at all, IMO. He and Shou were never that close to begin with, plus he should be loving to watch her crash and burn (like Eri and even Shou herself pointed out). None of his fucking business really. But since he is a doormat incomprehensibly nice and decided to get involved, if you're gonna grab a guy by the collar then by God try to look tough. Unless his plan is to make the guy feel sorry for him.
Well...he walked into it. He didn't go looking for it or anything. That should amount to something. It's kind of hard to argue about this sort of thing because it's necessary to create a plot and drama.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 23:03   Link #938
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Loving to watch her crash and burn? That would make him as much of a jerk as Kento is. Notice how Kento is handling the situation? When Shou rejected Utsumi, she felt bad about it and the guilt stayed with her. Kento, on the other hand, is basically laughing at her about it. If anyone deserves to be taken down a couple of notches, it's him.

I still can't believe how much hate Shou gets. What's does have to do to redeem herself? Commit suicide? Or should Utsumi be a cold hearted bastard and just laugh in her face and stomp on her while she's down? I'd never be able to do something like that.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 23:21   Link #939
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Loving to watch her crash and burn? That would make him as much of a jerk as Kento is. Notice how Kento is handling the situation? When Shou rejected Utsumi, she felt bad about it and the guilt stayed with her. Kento, on the other hand, is basically laughing at her about it. If anyone deserves to be taken down a couple of notches, it's him.

I still can't believe how much hate Shou gets. What's does have to do to redeem herself? Commit suicide? Or should Utsumi be a cold hearted bastard and just laugh in her face and stomp on her while she's down? I'd never be able to do something like that.
I'm with you on that. For some reason people here think it would be good for Utsumi to become a heartless bastard to her.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 23:29   Link #940
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
I'm willing to bet that Utsumi gets pimped smacked in the next chapter.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.