AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-02, 01:51   Link #1121
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The author did have to take down her web site because she was pummeled with comments and even had a death threat after Shou got that hickey. People get attached the characters, although otaku seem to be extreme no matter what.
Lets not forget Kannagi too. After the knowledge that the moe (I stress moe here) Nagi had an ex-boyfriend otakus went to rage (remember that they react harder to moe's) which resulted in some tearing up and burning Kannagis' manga's volumes. Mysteriously authors health condition suddenly worsened a lot and manga went on hiatus, and despite that the operation happened a while ago it is still unknown when the manga will be pushed out of hiatus (which does imply that the issue was not just the authors sickness alone but rather the depression over suddenly increased hatred towards her which she could not cope with).

Also that is that game which name I always forget (just that it was fantasy rpg game) where it is implied that there was a relationship between main heroine and some other male character when they talked with each other. It was especially funny because the issue of rage was so strong that the company had to create a special message on their web that nothing really happened between the heroine and said guy, but since it did not work (reflected in their sales) they even had to create a patch where it is corrected and once again stressed that the heroine did not have an ex who was connected with her sexually in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I honestly think people are playing favorite. Yuki could go sleep with Tooru and she'd still be forgiven by her fans.
I really don't think so. But it would be funny to see author do that, because she would be self-destructing herself. She already is bitching about the stress she gets already, so I doubt that will happen though there may be some rage increase depending on how Yuki's past is played.

Plus on this board I got an impression that more poeple are rooting for Risa rather than Yuki anyway. And for a good reason - she is pretty much only main girl who hasn't wiped her ass off with Utsu's heart so far.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2010-05-02 at 02:03.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 01:56   Link #1122
ZODDGUTS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
At this point of neither fan of Yuki nor Shou both have mentally screwed Utsumi, Risa is the only one done anything like that well maybe the whole being silent and "bullying" thing but that wasn't the case.

Quote:
Going on a date doesn't really constitute a relationship, IMO. Utsumi never even confessed to her. Yes, the way she went about it is wrong, but you're acting like she did it malociously and was laughing at how much she hurt Utsumi. If you damn every girl for something like that, you might as well damn every girl in the world because I'm sure they've all made a mistake like that at some point.
I never implied that she did malociously, only in that she screwed up by not telling Utsumi before hand she started going out with the other guy. And the end result was Utsumi getting hurt badly to the point he started to cry later on. geez. Even the other characters in the story that found out about it said that it was mess up what Shou did and is surprised that Utsumi doesn't hold a grudge at Shou.

Anyways really hope that the story at some point doesn't lead to Shou trying to get with Utsumi. If so, I hope that Utsumi tells her that she had her chance with him but no longer and that he has moved on.

Last edited by ZODDGUTS; 2010-05-02 at 02:16.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 02:22   Link #1123
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
The whole thing about this date with Risa was to show Utsumi not wanting to do the same thing to Risa that Yuki was doing to him.
She did that to Negishi too, or else she could have just like Utsu rejected Negishi straight after the date, not smiling to the face thanking for the date and asking for the time to think over, just needless getting the guys hope ups though planning to reject him somewhere in the future already.

Utsu did the right thing by not hiding behind 'pity' or 'politeness' as an excuse to string someone along by not being clear with them like Yuki did.

It is bit annoying, but simply because Risa is so far the best girl in GE.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2010-05-02 at 04:48.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 04:12   Link #1124
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Let's not forget Eri, even though I doubt they'll see each other like that. She's still tops in my book along with Risa...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 04:46   Link #1125
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Well Eri is not a main character in terms of love interest. And I still consider her to be rather dumb/air headed considering the circumstances that she met Utsu (you know the whole sex issue).
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 06:53   Link #1126
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
True, but once she got past that she matured. Sort of like Utsumi graduating from being a stalker to not being a stalker...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 08:29   Link #1127
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Well Utsu went back to being a stalker with Yuki (you can say that he was worried but we all know just as his friends that thats was just one of the reasons really) again so I don't think this one is completely over with.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 10:01   Link #1128
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 20
I want Utsu to date Risa and then cheat on her with Shou and then Yuki catches them and decides to have an affair as well. GE. :3
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 10:28   Link #1129
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I want Utsu to date Risa and then cheat on her with Shou and then Yuki catches them and decides to have an affair as well. GE. :3
Days of our Lives?
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 10:36   Link #1130
SageGaiGar
You are Next
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NE USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Days of our Lives?
Harem ending?

Doubt it but never know.

Also, chapter 33 is out scanned.
__________________
sig courtesy of Haak and Natsuki Hyuga
Friends don't let friends CB
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 10:45   Link #1131
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I honestly think people are playing favorite. Yuki could go sleep with Tooru and she'd still be forgiven by her fans.
I do believe that would incite rage from her fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Plus on this board I got an impression that more poeple are rooting for Risa rather than Yuki anyway. And for a good reason - she is pretty much only main girl who hasn't wiped her ass off with Utsu's heart so far.
We like the underdog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Well Eri is not a main character in terms of love interest. And I still consider her to be rather dumb/air headed considering the circumstances that she met Utsu (you know the whole sex issue).
I think what she did to Utsumi is understandable, even if it was foolish. But one reason why that happened was to shake things up.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 14:02   Link #1132
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Going on a date doesn't really constitute a relationship, IMO. Utsumi never even confessed to her. Yes, the way she went about it is wrong, but you're acting like she did it malociously and was laughing at how much she hurt Utsumi. If you damn every girl for something like that, you might as well damn every girl in the world because I'm sure they've all made a mistake like that at some point.

While it's true that Shou may have gotten Utsumi's hopes up, so did Yuki with the date to the concert and the vague answer. The whole thing about this date with Risa was to show Utsumi not wanting to do the same thing to Risa that Yuki was doing to him.

I honestly think people are playing favorite. Yuki could go sleep with Tooru and she'd still be forgiven by her fans.
She duped, and pretended otherwise. If she had been clear with him I wouldn't have so much of a problem with it, but she deliberately misled him on that point. I'm not saying people can't make mistakes, simply that some mistakes can't be so easily forgiven or forgotten.

And that is total BS, she had know idea about Utsumi's feelings when Shou did, she went at his request under the impression he was paying her back, and at least she made herself more clear then Shou certainly did.

Now I certainly wouldn't be among them in that case, and if we're talking about who possibly slept with who I think Shou might be more of a candidate on that score... <_<
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 14:41   Link #1133
ZODDGUTS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Shou very likely slept with that boy. There was that hickey indicating that there relationship quickly became physical and after finding out that he may have cheated she had gone to he's place which didn't look like it was her first time being there. Then there's the fact that he's ex-gf had cheated on him several times, probably as a guy he wanted to sleep with another girl to deal with the fact that he's gf was with another guy. So who did he go after Shou, why? Because he knew of her feelings towards him, it made her an easy target to be able to sleep with easily.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 16:30   Link #1134
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Shou very likely slept with that boy. There was that hickey indicating that there relationship quickly became physical and after finding out that he may have cheated she had gone to he's place which didn't look like it was her first time being there. Then there's the fact that he's ex-gf had cheated on him several times, probably as a guy he wanted to sleep with another girl to deal with the fact that he's gf was with another guy. So who did he go after Shou, why? Because he knew of her feelings towards him, it made her an easy target to be able to sleep with easily.
Hickey is nothing - it's first base. There is no evidence indicating anything went past that. If anything, you could argue that nothing did happen because the guy went to another girl for what he couldn't get from Shou, and vice versa.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 16:40   Link #1135
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Hickey is nothing - it's first base. There is no evidence indicating anything went past that. If anything, you could argue that nothing did happen because the guy went to another girl for what he couldn't get from Shou, and vice versa.
Not likely. Most likely they went all the way up and the hickey was the best way to indicate that. How else can you show they had sexual intimacy?

By hickeys or else Utsu would have needed to witness the scene himself which would have been too cruel even for GE that likes to crap on the main.

Even without sex it indicated a strong physical closeness one way or another, and hickeys my friend appear from very strong making out and mostly by sex. Sorry to tell you but hickeys are not done like the kisses on cheek or on the forehead, so it is not exactly nothing.

They do include a very close physical contact and that is usually sexual one. You can be in denial but it does seem like the author want to suggest sex/or very strong physical relationship that is as good as sex (lots of frenching, groping and kissing all over the body).
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 17:06   Link #1136
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Considering the douchebag's personality, it's very likely that he porked Shou by the third date.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 17:16   Link #1137
ZODDGUTS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
He so banged her heck she dropped Utsumi in an instant to go with that guy and willing to pretend at first that he wasn't cheating on her, I doubt it would had taken much effort from him to get things rolling to the bed seeing how much she was in love with him and he clearly knew it. Oh and you forgot to counterpoint the part that she had visited he's place more than just once.... guess they were just "studying together" eventhough there there was no one else in he's apartment, yeah that's it they were just studying.

Quote:
Considering the douchebag's personality, it's very likely that he porked Shou by the third date.
Bingo. He saw Shou as nothing more than a easy girl to sleep with while he was still hung over he's previous gf. Even after getting back with he's previous gf he was willing to keep Shou as a 2nd gf (more like a booty call) aka the other girl he sleeps with, just like what her previous gf did with some other guy's.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 17:33   Link #1138
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Oh and you forgot to counterpoint the part that she had visited he's place more than just once.... guess they were just "studying together" eventhough there there was no one else in he's apartment, yeah that's it they were just studying.
Lol good one. Well Drago could still say she comes over his house just to 'study', clean and cook. And then the rest of the time she just lovey dovey looks at him, watches TV or brushes off his advances...

But in all seriously it does imply close relationship either with sex or very very close to sex where we come to leaving hickeys part and differently from what Drago says they do carry a meaning, bigger one than the kisses on the lips.

First of all you have to let someone to kiss you intimately on neck or shoulders, secondly it has to be strong/passionate enough to leave the mark - it cannot be just a peck on the skin.

Thats why the hickey does imply passionate physical closeness and sex which as a rule comes with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Bingo. He saw Shou as nothing more than a easy girl to sleep with while he was still hung over he's previous gf. Even after getting back with he's previous gf he was willing to keep Shou as a 2nd gf (more like a booty call) aka the other girl he sleeps with, just like what her previous gf did with some other guy's.
Yeah. If it would be like Drago suggested then it would not make sense for him to try to keep Shou if she does not allow him get his touches. Its not like Shou is very good cook and risking your other gf over just someone who would do cleaning ould seem weird so logical coclusion does imply that he was getting his from Shou and thats why he was willing to try to keep her even finding another girl.

And before you say that he was keeping her around so taht he could get into her pants someday for real, let me remind you of his personality - he doesnt seem to be patient enough to go for something that seems to be unachievable and risk his new (old) GF over that as well.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 17:40   Link #1139
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
I'm not in denial, I was just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Considering the douchebag's personality, it's very likely that he porked Shou by the third date.
You say it with such delicacy.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 17:55   Link #1140
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
A hickey in no way implies actual sex. As in, all the way.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.