AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-02, 18:27   Link #1141
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
A hickey in no way implies actual sex. As in, all the way.
As said it does imply a strong/close relationship however. I mean hickeys appear from passionate/strong sucking with lips and not by just kisses and those usually happen during sex or wild make-out.

Also you have to remember that she does visit him at home and its not the first time as well and I don't think you would suggest that they would just clean and study right?

It doenst mean sex per se, but does imply wil making out at least and considering his personality it doesn't seem like it would end up just with that.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2010-05-03 at 07:09.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 21:58   Link #1142
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 20
Only sex that should be happening is Risa and Utsu.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 22:16   Link #1143
Iron21
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I see that everyone is on that Risa bandwagon.


Guess I'm the only one who isn't quite ready to jump on that wobbly wagon yet.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 22:30   Link #1144
babohtea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Aside from all shipping (I'm really neutral about everything. I like the characters themselves more than I like their relationships), does anyone else agree that Risa's art looked MUCH prettier this time around?
__________________
Favorites:
ToraDora!
Full Metal Alchemist
TWGOK (Kaminomi, The world God only knows)
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 00:47   Link #1145
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
utsu is a wuss... 'nuff said
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 05:49   Link #1146
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
I see that everyone is on that Risa bandwagon.


Guess I'm the only one who isn't quite ready to jump on that wobbly wagon yet.
People who root for side characters are usually more willing to proclaim it on the boards, just my personal (biased) observation though. On the other hand since I think "Risa's arc" is over this general attitude here will cool down given time. Yes I think we won't see much more from Risa, she may have said not to have given up yet but the rejected girl still showing some determination is quite common in manga, it doesn't have to mean she'll really have another important appearance. She'll probably get in line with Shou and Risa as just friends that will help from time to time.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 09:17   Link #1147
Irie
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: US
I got the impression the Risa drama will continue a bit further. It's a shame she wasn't turned down already since Utsu clearly doesn't have any romantic interest. If anything, his personality just refuses to hurt someone which shows just how immature he is. Anyway, I liked Risa and given her age, she'll rebound nicely.

I am a little surprised how much bagage all the other girls have. I can't seem to favor anyone since they all have some type of problem or ongoing drama. All of which is fine if you are in your college years but for high school kids it's a bit much. At least for a kid like Utsu to handle without getting burned.

Well, I guess it's not much of a reach to say Utsu will end up with a Yuki. Risa will have served her purpose motivating Yuki to evaulate her feelings and get a bit jealous. Expect her to take some action next episode. Utsu to be guilt striken with his situation with Risa and the drama goes on.
__________________
...Time for a break
Irie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 11:38   Link #1148
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
As said it does imply a strong/close relationship however. I mean hickeys appear from passionate/strong sucking with lips and not by just kisses and those usually happen during sex or wild make-out.

Also you have to remember that she does visit him at home and its not the first time as well and I don't think you would suggest that they would just clean and study right?

It doenst mean sex per se, but does imply wil making out at least and considering his personality it doesn't seem like it would end up just with that.
One thing is for sure - the method chosen to purvey their physical relationship definitely made an impact with the readers. My gut sure did drop on that page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Aside from all shipping (I'm really neutral about everything. I like the characters themselves more than I like their relationships), does anyone else agree that Risa's art looked MUCH prettier this time around?
I thought she looked bigger than usual, but those clothes didn't help the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
People who root for side characters are usually more willing to proclaim it on the boards, just my personal (biased) observation though. On the other hand since I think "Risa's arc" is over this general attitude here will cool down given time. Yes I think we won't see much more from Risa, she may have said not to have given up yet but the rejected girl still showing some determination is quite common in manga, it doesn't have to mean she'll really have another important appearance. She'll probably get in line with Shou and Risa as just friends that will help from time to time.
I don't think we will see Risa after all of this. Utsumi is in dangerous waters and the ship will sink. Shou's had a little flooding, but Risa's has a major hole in the hull. Utsumi better find a life jacket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie View Post
I got the impression the Risa drama will continue a bit further. It's a shame she wasn't turned down already since Utsu clearly doesn't have any romantic interest. If anything, his personality just refuses to hurt someone which shows just how immature he is. Anyway, I liked Risa and given her age, she'll rebound nicely.

I am a little surprised how much bagage all the other girls have. I can't seem to favor anyone since they all have some type of problem or ongoing drama. All of which is fine if you are in your college years but for high school kids it's a bit much. At least for a kid like Utsu to handle without getting burned.

Well, I guess it's not much of a reach to say Utsu will end up with a Yuki. Risa will have served her purpose motivating Yuki to evaulate her feelings and get a bit jealous. Expect her to take some action next episode. Utsu to be guilt striken with his situation with Risa and the drama goes on.
Realistically speaking, all girls have some sort of baggage, Shou's is normal and the jury is out on Yuki until we find out the truth. However, in terms of manga characters they certainly are on the progressive end.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 11:47   Link #1149
MikiMata
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: California Dreamin'
Even if Risa's arc is over - and I don't know whether it is or not - I hope that she at least gets a little resolution of her own. Realistically speaking, most of us realize that she has little to no chance of ending up with Utsumi. She deserves some happiness, or a cool boyfriend. Perhaps she'll get together with that player friend of Utsumi's (forget his name).

And, apropos of nothing, she did look very cool holding that big rifle.
MikiMata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 13:47   Link #1150
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie View Post
I am a little surprised how much bagage all the other girls have. I can't seem to favor anyone since they all have some type of problem or ongoing drama. All of which is fine if you are in your college years but for high school kids it's a bit much. At least for a kid like Utsu to handle without getting burned.
What're you talking about? High school is where you have all the social problems and drama. College is where you, ideally, mellow out and grow up.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 16:56   Link #1151
Irie
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: US
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
What're you talking about? High school is where you have all the social problems and drama. College is where you, ideally, mellow out and grow up.
My point is how surprising it is to not have one of the main heroines without some pretty significant flaws during their high school years. We've had the discussion with regards to Shou's sexual experience. We also have Yuki's possible sexual assualt. I know most of it is circumstantial but it surprising not to have one girl without a problem. For me anyway.

As to college being mellow. That wasn't really my experience but we all have our own stories.
__________________
...Time for a break
Irie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 17:04   Link #1152
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Depending on how active your love life is, you'll always have drama in school. However, drama is the most common in high school... at least that's how it usually is in America anyway. It might be slightly different in East Asian countries, since the school systems are more rigid and high school isn't the most socially active time of your school career there.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 07:52   Link #1153
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Spoilers are out and HOLY SHIT!!! Was not expecting that!
__________________
Free Ebook - Harmonics: Rise of the Magician http://amzn.to/qCBysY
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 07:57   Link #1154
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Chapter 35 is awesome, but something tells me that the next few chapters will consist of all hell breaking loose.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 08:19   Link #1155
maxikki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
Spoilers are out and HOLY SHIT!!! Was not expecting that!
care to share the info??
maxikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 08:20   Link #1156
maxikki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Chapter 35 is awesome, but something tells me that the next few chapters will consist of all hell breaking loose.
where did u find it ??
maxikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 08:40   Link #1157
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Made a promise not to divulge raw location (so nothing bad happens to the person who gave the raws), but here's some spoiler info:

Spoiler:
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 11:19   Link #1158
maxikki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Thanks for the summary, I Can't wait to see it. I feel bad for the other girl who is in love with him, I hope this doesn't end like school days with the main character's head inside a bag
maxikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 11:38   Link #1159
Dark Mage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I loved this chapter. Utsumi x Yuki FTW . But at the same time, I feel a little anxious because this just might be "the calm before the storm", Not to mention, the pace GE is progressing at, it might end within 50 chapters. I dont want it to end so soon, as I want it to be atleast 80-100 chapters because once GE is finished I will be left with only KNIM, which I dont really like but have to keep reading due to a lack of serious drama shounen romances at the moment. Jump has been a huge dissapointmemt as after Ichigo100% they pretty much stopped publishing good romance mangas so WSM is all I m left with for romance like GE and KNIM
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 14:54   Link #1160
Irie
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: US
I just feel disappointment for Risa. No chance in hell she is going to end up with Utsumi but I hope she is given a reasonably good resolution. That said, I have no expectations she will be immune to a heavy dose of rejection.

Last couple weeks the characters have seemed a bit more likable. Stories had a nice positive tone. I guess the honeymoon period is over and it's back to drama hell.
__________________
...Time for a break
Irie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.