AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-21, 12:58   Link #1221
Rainrir
Tin Can

Meh. I fully believe Shou isn't intending to lead Utsumi on all the time. She just told a little white lie I hope that everyone can come out unscathed.

On the othe hand, I just mean moe-moe in the sense that she is cute. In a I-wanna-protect-her-as-a-little-sister/brother kinda way. Not the modern idea of moe-moe...or whatever that means.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 13:04   Link #1222
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
[...] but it is like comparing snail and turtle and saying that turtle was faster yet the truth is that they both were first of all very slow.[...]
You definitely never have run after escaping desert turtle, on short distances they're surprisingly fast

Quote:
You can come live in Lithaunia. Most likely in a few years you will become just as filled with cynism and hatred (well either that or pessimism if you are more passive person) as well, given that you do not run away from the country or kill yourself before that (suicide is very trendy thing here).
Finns and Norwegians are living much further north, and somehow they're able to survive. Yes, they drink a lot (a Pole is speaking that someone is drinking too much - that means something ), and they spent too much time in saunas while listening to Heavy Metal. Yet they don't hang themselves, nor are filled with hatred. Well, you could always try to listen to metal in sauna after drinking some cold beer

Quote:
Too much sugar and sweets always make me puke.
After some consideration - use clear vodka instead of beer

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 13:26   Link #1223
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Finns and Norwegians are living much further north, and somehow they're able to survive. Yes, they drink a lot (a Pole is speaking that someone is drinking too much - that means something ), and they spent too much time in saunas while listening to Heavy Metal. Yet they don't hang themselves, nor are filled with hatred. Well, you could always try to listen to metal in sauna after drinking some cold beer
They do not have two crucial things though - our government and taxes. We even have taxes for breathing an air . Well in fact our taxes are not that big but the problem is the the difference between payment and the taxes, theres almost none so thats we the emigration and suicidal rates are so very high.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 13:38   Link #1224
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainrir View Post
I was talking about SHou there. But well, I do agree that Risa is very likable. Too bad she is fighting a tough battle...
My apologies. I either confused the two or misread what you wrote. I really should stop posting at work on my sporadic down-time, lol.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 15:18   Link #1225
ZODDGUTS

Meh hopefully Shou doesn't go after Utsumi after what she pulled on him aka not telling him the truth/reason for not going on the date with him. Also if they do get together that would make Utsumi the 2nd choice, winner by default only being together with Shou because her boyfriend cheated on her. Not exactly a great thought. Might as well make him the rebound guy.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 16:26   Link #1226
Xagzan

They won't end up together. Didn't you see how they were interacting in this chapter? They have the potential to be really tight friends (kinda like at the beginning of the oneshot), but I think the chance for romance has ended, unless Kei does a major asspull. But I think she's too good a writer to do that.

With all that said, let me be apparently the first to say I am a fan of Risa's little sis.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 20:29   Link #1227
Shadow5YA

I like Shou like this. I hope she just stays tight friends with Utsumi and never goes back to the drama ever again.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 23:05   Link #1228
ZeKeR
Superbad

Send a message via Skype™ to ZeKeR
from previous post back....

Utsumi's problem is that he RARELY shows the said backbone...... the emoness and wuss mode come first, then finally when strengthens his resolve......

its up to the guy to choose..... the journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step.... and seeing him right now... he's still walking on the bumpy road.....
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 23:41   Link #1229
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I don't think it's fair to say it's up to the guy to choose. There's plenty of girls out there who take the initiative in things and there's nothing wrong with that. The journey may be 1000 miles, but it's also a two way street and if both parties work together to meet 1/2 way, then you cut the distance in half.
Old 2010-05-22, 04:02   Link #1230
mammothb
ここここのバカ犬!!!

Send a message via MSN to mammothb
shou being on good terms with utsumi probably is just a way for yuki to feel jealous. same with the cookies thing at the school gate. i hope there wont be another arc of shou falling in love with usumi again, i've had enough of that angsty drama...
Old 2010-05-22, 04:26   Link #1231
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothb View Post
shou being on good terms with utsumi probably is just a way for yuki to feel jealous. same with the cookies thing at the school gate. i hope there wont be another arc of shou falling in love with usumi again, i've had enough of that angsty drama...
You think we're past the angsty drama?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 05:45   Link #1232
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Dammit Risa... you can't help but cheer for the girl D:
Yeah, I agree...

At this point, I would probably root for Risa too. She just comes across as more honest and sincere.

Then again, that's from my outside point of view. Yuki is the one that caught Utsumi's eye, and yet she's still the question mark for him.

Personally, the scenario is a very balanced love triangle in the making so far... which is kind of rare for me. Between the characters Yuki and Risa, I don't really see myself liking one over the other.

I do think that Utsumi cannot afford to be 'too kind' however. Unfortunately, the inevitable (no matter which way that goes) will ultimately involve crushed hopes and hurt feelings... and hopefully, some measure of growth. There's your drama right there, I suppose.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 09:45   Link #1233
mammothb
ここここのバカ犬!!!

Send a message via MSN to mammothb
after reading the oneshot i think ustumi and yuki will end up together, the only prob is how long that will take...
Old 2010-05-22, 18:20   Link #1234
Somnus
Eh?

Woo, been a while since I posted here. Anyways just read the one-shot myself, and really liked it. We need Utsumi to have that confidence all the time.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 11:11   Link #1235
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Shou isn't going to end up with Utsumi. I think that despite everything, I don't think he would like to be the rebound guy - or the second choice.

But there is going to be drama - even with her, still.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 20:11   Link #1236
Rainrir
Tin Can

I always wonder. What is the difference between a rebound and genuinely liking someone else after a failed relationship? Or is there an arbitary time-frame which has to past such that going after someone after a failed relatinship wouldn't be considered rebound?

IMO, despite what happen in Chp 36. So long as Utsumi is single and available, Shou can take any action she wants. After all, from what we see, she is getting over Kento just fine, so her intent (if she actually wants to go for Utsumi) is probably not for the usual reasons that people consider "a rebound" right...aka-someone-to-make-me-feel-better-after-I-got-ditched.

Last edited by Rainrir; 2010-05-23 at 21:55.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 01:58   Link #1237
moeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainrir View Post
I always wonder. What is the difference between a rebound and genuinely liking someone else after a failed relationship? Or is there an arbitary time-frame which has to past such that going after someone after a failed relatinship wouldn't be considered rebound?

IMO, despite what happen in Chp 36. So long as Utsumi is single and available, Shou can take any action she wants. After all, from what we see, she is getting over Kento just fine, so her intent (if she actually wants to go for Utsumi) is probably not for the usual reasons that people consider "a rebound" right...aka-someone-to-make-me-feel-better-after-I-got-ditched.
A rebound is a relationship where you just quickly hop on right after your previous relationship went sour. A person in this kind of relationship is not looking for a serious relationship. Just to avoid being alone and not deal with the heartache. If Shou wanted a rebound relationship with Utsumi, she would've gone out with him the next day after breaking up with Kento.
moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 05:25   Link #1238
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Yeah, if time passes and they genuinely develop feelings for each other and lose interest in the people who rejected/hurt then then it's no longer a rebound. A rebound is when you get dumped and the automatically go for someone you thought might like you... Either as a way of revenge towards your ex or a way of alleivating the pain. The exact thing that Kento did to Shou, though he was obviously a bit more malicious about it. Rebounds don't usually work out as the love on one side isn't as strong as the other and that leads to problems.
Old 2010-05-24, 07:51   Link #1239
ZeKeR
Superbad

Send a message via Skype™ to ZeKeR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx0seHwAQ3I

i nominate THIS for his theme song
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 10:11   Link #1240
Shadow5YA

Anybody feel that Eri has hijacked Yuki's role as Utsumi's romantic confidant? Utsumi used to talk to her all the time about his love life, but now it seems that he goes to Eri, as understandable as it is.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi