AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Old 2010-07-10, 11:12   Link #1421
Xagzan

Well that's stupid.

"Hey, we're only getting this info from unofficial scanlations, so let's pretend it doesn't exist"
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 11:21   Link #1422
KLGChaos
The Shermain

My response to the guy who wanted it deleted: Please, bend over, remove stick.
Old 2010-07-10, 12:38   Link #1423
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

He should end up with Oonuma. The only person willing to do something. Unless Yuki actually makes a move then we'll see, "suppressing" her feeling won't do anything. And why does he still choose her, he saw what happened when Shou was still stuck on what's his face, and he can see she still has complications with the guy she was with before. So what will happen if he shows up out of no where? So i'm going for Oonuma.
Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 14:26   Link #1424
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
He should end up with Oonuma. The only person willing to do something. Unless Yuki actually makes a move then we'll see, "suppressing" her feeling won't do anything. And why does he still choose her, he saw what happened when Shou was still stuck on what's his face, and he can see she still has complications with the guy she was with before. So what will happen if he shows up out of no where? So i'm going for Oonuma.
I think that it's a bad mindset to go after someone simply because they are willing to do what you want. He doesn't even see Oonuma on the same level as Yuki. Yuki's emotional support has had the biggest influence in him wanting to be with her.I think Utsu had decided that he was going to stick with Yuki, despite her past affections with Tooru. Also, I really don't see Yuki 'suppressing" her feelings anymore. It's not like she wants to jump his bones or something. While it may be so that she isn't being completely open about how she feels, she's done enough to give Utsu an idea how she feels, with the 2x kiss a few chaps ago being the main indication.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 14:49   Link #1425
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
she's done enough to give Utsu an idea how she feels, with the 2x kiss a few chaps ago being the main indication.
While I am not really reading it anymore but wasn't it Utsu who initiated it and Yuki just took it? She wasn't an active kisser right?
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 15:26   Link #1426
frubam
singing heartbreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
While I am not really reading it anymore but wasn't it Utsu who initiated it and Yuki just took it? She wasn't an active kisser right?
WUT!? You stop reading it? C'mon man ~(*,*~) it's getting more and more interesting with the current events.

You're right. But I think that if Yuki truly didn't want to be kissed, she isn't the type of person to have allowed him to kiss her. I feel it's esp so that because she allowed him to do it a 2nd time means that at least SOME of the feelings are reciprocated.
Old 2010-07-10, 15:56   Link #1427
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
WUT!? You stop reading it? C'mon man ~(*,*~) it's getting more and more interesting with the current events.

You're right. But I think that if Yuki truly didn't want to be kissed, she isn't the type of person to have allowed him to kiss her. I feel it's esp so that because she allowed him to do it a 2nd time means that at least SOME of the feelings are reciprocated.
But thats just a speculation. The truth is that the one who initiated the kiss wasn't her so you cannot say that it reflected her feelings because there may be many reasons why a person doesn't act against another person's act so unless it would be an act initiated by herself you cannot really talk about a good reflection of ones feelings.

Well I dropped it some ago and never regretted it. Too tired of these retarded dramas.
Old 2010-07-10, 16:19   Link #1428
Xagzan

Oh please. Without the drama the series would be completely uninteresting, just "Utsumi meets girl, Utsumi gets girl with no problems." And the drama in GE is far more lifelike and relatable than in a lot of other series.
Old 2010-07-10, 20:40   Link #1429
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Oh please. Without the drama the series would be completely uninteresting, just "Utsumi meets girl, Utsumi gets girl with no problems." And the drama in GE is far more lifelike and relatable than in a lot of other series.
That's true but they still haven't explain what happened to Yuki and Tooru, or whatever his name was. That's a story that should have been told by now. it would be more interesting if he was brought in and the story was explained. It should have been told after the date they had or even after Utsumi and her became "friends" again. Yeah she might not want to talk about it, but there can be clues given here and there. That would make it more interesting imo. Though i do like this manga, it is better and more real lifelike than most Romance and/or drama manga's.

Edit: I did not like how he reacted to when him and Shou found out ole boy was "cheating" on Shou. The way he acted was kind of retarted. I don't think I've met or will meet anyone who would react like that, I'd have just knocked the crap out of him if Shou was my bestfriend. But he kind of became friends with her too quick after the way she lied to him and was out on a date or whatever they want to call it with her Sempai.
Old 2010-07-11, 00:50   Link #1430
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I did not find the way Utsu reacted to that playboy even in a tiny bit realistic. I haven't met anyone who would react like this and if it doesnt meet the real life - it is not realistic.

That was what encouraged me to drop it.
Old 2010-07-11, 01:01   Link #1431
Xagzan

What playboy?
Old 2010-07-11, 01:11   Link #1432
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I think he's talking about Kento. He wanted to see Utsumi deck him and when he didn't, he decided that it wasn't realistic. For me, it's a manga. It's not going to be 100% true to life because then it would be boring. And besides, some people just aren't naturally violent. I doubt Ghandi would have hit the guy, either.
Old 2010-07-11, 01:25   Link #1433
Xagzan

Yeah, gimme a break. Not every single person would punch him instead of what Utsumi did. Hell, my best friend would probably do something similar himself in that situation, since he really doesn't like conflict or violence. It's plenty realistic. And even besides that example, the series on the whole is far more down to earth in its romantic and emotional complexities and psychologies.
Old 2010-07-11, 05:23   Link #1434
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I think he's talking about Kento. He wanted to see Utsumi deck him and when he didn't, he decided that it wasn't realistic. For me, it's a manga. It's not going to be 100% true to life because then it would be boring. And besides, some people just aren't naturally violent. I doubt Ghandi would have hit the guy, either.
Xagzan, said how much more of a lifelike drama it is and you know pointing at Ghandi or mother Teressa just shows how extraordinary and not common in real life situation is because those were the extraordinary people, definitely not what you could call normal.

I mean Savickas (strongest man on earth) can pull multiple cars but it doesn't mean its normal even if a few people on earth can pull that out. The much bigger number of person's would just shit themselves in the place.

You can point out one person who would not do a punch - well good for you but i can point out a hundred in that place who would. Thats how the difference between normal and not normal situations are created. And normal becomes realistic because thats what usually happens in life.
Old 2010-07-11, 05:30   Link #1435
Rainrir
Tin Can

Everyone can aspire to be kind, Darknemo. Mother Theresa and Gandhi are only human, like you and me. Just saying.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 06:00   Link #1436
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainrir View Post
Everyone can aspire to be kind, Darknemo. Mother Theresa and Gandhi are only human, like you and me. Just saying.
But despite that there are much less of those who are kind meaning that their act of kindness are unusual (specially if they are out of circle of family and friends) and acts of un-kindness are much more common, which they become a norm of and much more realistic reflection of a real life.
Old 2010-07-11, 06:58   Link #1437
frubam
singing heartbreak

The fact as to whether it's common/uncommon for someone to punch a guy like that should be irrelevant. While the more violent path may be utilized irl more than a non-violent one, that's simply a generalization. Maybe even a stereotype. It's fine if you feel Utsu should have attacked him, but to say "it's not realistic" is just one-dimensioning his character. Even in the event that he would have punched him, there would have been a 95% chance that kento wouldn't have attacked back. Do people just get punched irl and NOT attack back? Heck no(least where I'm from), but somehow I think you wouldn't say 'it's not realistic' to that, esp since NOT attacking back is a common occurrence in manga/anime stories.
Old 2010-07-11, 08:08   Link #1438
Darknemo2000

I am saying that this drama is not so close to real life as you want to think because much more common reaction would have been attack given the circumstances and much more truer to life than not - surely many people are cowards and they hold back but given the situation when they should have been angered quite a bit the most normal and true-to real life would have been a punch or at very least a very hard push. This is a true-to life not holding back like Ghandi or mother Teressa.

And so what if he would have attacked back? That would a be a real life situation. The real life doesn't work like your strategy games where you can take all your for and against options. If you are pissed as he should have been you act in a rush and thats what a real life is - possessing a stoic ability to hold yourself back is unnatural and not really close to how real life is. For some individuals it may be, but definitely not a norm and thus not realistic.
Old 2010-07-11, 09:16   Link #1439
Rainrir
Tin Can

@Tango in the rain.
Ironically, I have someone somewhere else who argues that Utsumi should have done nothing just stare and watch like an idiot..then console her afterwards, claiming that's more realisitic. I agree neither with Dark nor that guy. Utsumi doesn't have much of a case to hit him, since Kento hasn't actually threatened any kind of physical violence on Shou or Utsumi. Kento was being an ass, but it is just not in Utsumi's character to hit people unless there is a real reason to.

Let me remind everyone that he almost went to confront Negishi and two of his friends alone when Utsumi thinks they might be up to no good. I don't think Utsumi doesn't have an aggressive streak, it is just that he probably finds no reason to hit Kento then.

He primary concern is to make Shou feel better, hence he only demanded Kento apologise for the hateful and hurtful things he said to Shou. I just see it in Utsumi's character to be more concerned about his friend than beating up some jerk. Lotsa guys are like that IRL, IMO. Of course, me and dark argued about this eons ago, to no conclusion.

@Kiss
As for the kiss, Yuki allows two kisses in itself is extremely telling that she has feelings for him, considering how she was in complete denial before.

No girl will let you kiss her twice for whatever reasons, when you had her pinned on a bed, unless she is in love with you. Not to mention that Yuki almost allowed a thrid kiss when she was tutoring Utsumi. Not all girls are aggressive enough to be the "active kisser" and push their head forward, but most girls will stop people they don't like from kissing them.

I think that is extremely obvious, but I suppose not everyone agrees.

Last edited by Rainrir; 2010-07-11 at 09:59.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 10:30   Link #1440
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

As a temporary break to this whole conversation regarding who should have punched who's lights out, I'd just like to say that I've finally gone back to reading this manga after putting it on hold when I stopped at chapter 12 back in March..

I started again today with chapter 13, and then I realized I was getting teary eyed at the end, mostly because it's happened to me too. Currently only the second time I've gotten teary eyed in a manga.

Carry on gentlemen.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi