AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-05-13, 16:40   Link #61
Ero-Sennin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
I think you're just arguing against logic just because you can. If that's the case, why would you argue against your own belief? It has been hinted and stated many times that ANBU is made of elite members. Genin are far from elite. I'm not sure where you are missing the connection between ANBU being made of elite members and genins being the lowest ninja rank.
Ero-Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 20:07   Link #62
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 32
"Genin are far from elite."

Not in terms of power. Remember, Genin and beginning Chuunin are essentially the same in terms of power. People like Sasuke, Rock Lee, Neji, and even Naruto might make formidable opponents against most ninja.

The problem is that ANBU do not face "most ninja". As said many, many, many times, they face against the most dangerous the world has to offer. So, is raw power enough?

I would guess that the ANBU are often assigned to missions where they are of equal strength or outmatched. If this is the case, then you do not want a Rock Lee or Naruto whose strategy is to go all-out the first time around. You don't want a Sasuke who crumbles when the odds are placed against him (or at least he did during the Forest; he's probably a little better now). You want a Shikamaru, someone who can survey the situation and come up with a plan.
Spoiler:


In the case of Moustache Guy, it has been theorized that his teammates hold him back from promotion. While this may be the case, it is then also true that Moustache Guy has not taken the inititave to improve his teammates to the point where they can pass, nor has he managed to pick up where his teammates drop the ball. Things like this are expected of the ANBU - in many cases, you can't back out of a mission due to a teammate's death - you keep going and finish whatever you have to finish.

So, in conclusion, Genins may have the strength, but not the mental toughness and battle sense to be good ANBU.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 20:54   Link #63
Coder8
CommanderBunBun
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
*throws down the glove in Raikage's face* I"M BACK
Ok i think your totally overesitimating Sasuke and Naruto...and even so with Neji. They are just KIDS. Look at what Hinata's father did to 18 Sand nin's....He is a adult and look at that power. And Neji even impressed him.

Moving onto naruto. All he has is a creative mind with Kyubi chakra. Bam thats all.
Sasuke is in the same boat as Neji. he is strong for a GENIN and a low rank CHUNNIN but nothing for any jounin. Or did Ebtsu's demostration(Yes it isnt in the Manga but it still proves a valid point most people can see) not prove that too you?
Experience is a gap that all 3 of them share and its a crippling one that only time can cure.
________
Justin Bieber

Last edited by Coder8; 2011-05-14 at 04:03.
Coder8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 21:06   Link #64
Ero-Sennin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Raikage, the difference between jounin and genin is unimaginable. Yes, sometimes they are depicted to be the same but that is just to show that the genins are strong for their age.

You can see Kakashi getting surprised when Sasuke does his fire no jutsu for the first time but did he get hurt at all? No, he easily counter it.

Gai and Lee have the same fighting style basically (altho we have yet to see Gai's full strength), but Gai makes it clear that he can kill Gaara in a blink while Lee would have died without Gai stopping him.

The list goes on. There are excellent genins but not to the point that they are comparable to jounins. Not only that but the Chuunin Exam makes it clear that people such as Naruto and Neji cannot become Chuunin yet if they are willing to sacrifice themselves and possibly the team in order to get the job done.
Ero-Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 22:24   Link #65
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 32
Yeah....I didn't mean to say at all that I think any of them have a real chance in the ANBU. Upon re-reading my post, it was terribly worded.

What I really meant was that being an ANBU isn't a matter of strength or power. It's not about how many jutsus you know, either.

Being an ANBU means being outnumbered and outgunned half the time, and that's when you want someone who can strategize like Shikamaru and think while under attack like Neji. I didn't mean to say that they should be ANBU right now, but that an ANBU would probably have to have that sort of mindset to be able to figure out a plan on-the-spot while under a high degree of stress, whether or not the shinobi in question is the captain.

Even if you were to take Kyuubi and transplant it into Sasuke, he still wouldn't make a good ANBU IMHO. Sure, he might have the power and the skill, but put him in a situation where he might not be the 'best' and he falls apart. There's that intangibility that makes an ANBU.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 13:18   Link #66
Yanlie
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
I always thought that ANBU, like hunter-nins, were something that they choose to be when they were chuunin or jounin level. They would decide to become part of the ANBU, take some kind of test, and if they pass they become a new ANBU. This would explain all the differences in strength that ANBU's have.[/QUOTE]

They can't choose if they want to be ANBU. The Hokage handpick the Anbu.
Yanlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 15:23   Link #67
zappater
zapper
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden, Basement
Age: 25
I have just come to think of one thing while reading this post about anbu and that is that I think that anbu really should have problems using any type of attack like grand fireball skill (or what it now is called) whit the thought that they cover there mouth (Kakashi should also have problem whit that).
So how would an anbu use that kind of skill if he doesn't want to remove the mask?
Any ideas?
__________________
Ignorance is bliss.
-
Life is all about joy.
zappater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 02:27   Link #68
Tsukuyomi
Crazed Obsessive Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hmm...
Anbu

we need to see more or these guys... we never saw them in at least 1 full-fight/episode of action...

*Haku doesn't count
Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 04:00   Link #69
brassmonkey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
well, the chuunin exams don't mean anything you know... i mean, for all you know, kiba and the rest have the skills to be chuunins, but due to the stupid rule where only a few can be chosen, they weren't chosen. they were all really good, and could be better than tha jounins, but were not elected to be, because there were too many of them.

another way of looking at it is, that the genins were less hindered by all the grown up thoughts, they were willing to do whatever needed, they didn't hesitate to sacrifice themselves.

and also, the 4 sounds underestimated them
brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 04:19   Link #70
Shiryuu
Magical Boy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hiding... don't try to find me.
Age: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey
well, the chuunin exams don't mean anything you know... i mean, for all you know, kiba and the rest have the skills to be chuunins, but due to the stupid rule where only a few can be chosen, they weren't chosen. they were all really good, and could be better than tha jounins, but were not elected to be, because there were too many of them.

another way of looking at it is, that the genins were less hindered by all the grown up thoughts, they were willing to do whatever needed, they didn't hesitate to sacrifice themselves.

and also, the 4 sounds underestimated them
Since they're not, then that means they don't have all the necessary skills to become chuunin. Everyone can get their strength past a Kage (for example) but that doesn't necessarily mean they're going to become one.

And all of them can be chosen, its just that it pretty much won't happen, cuz someone will always be better than the rest.
__________________

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 03:30   Link #71
Yellow Flash
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Sennin
You can see Kakashi getting surprised when Sasuke does his fire no jutsu for the first time but did he get hurt at all? No, he easily counter it.
Actually, he was surprised that Sasuke had so much chakra. And he didn't counter it. He just got away.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 21:19   Link #72
MobiuS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
ANBU are fodder, unless they have names. THEN they're generally badass...
Lemme ask this simple question.

Why does everyone who has a name that joined ANBU leave?

Oro, Kakashi, Itachi, etc.

As soon as they get good, they leave ANBU. Point? ANBU is like Ninja College.

Useful, but still doesnt prepare you for the real world literally.
__________________


Yes, Its (Madara theories) everywhere except for the manga called Naruto. - Tatami
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 11:30   Link #73
SpiRo
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Serbia
Age: 29
Ahhh free again ^^ .. so this is what i wanted to say ..

first check .. http://www.narutocentral.com/information/ninja-ranks/ So i guess ANBU is rank .. hmm let me see where u guys saw that ANBU isnt rank ?

second ..

@MobiouS : OFC that ANBU r baddasses .. u can see it becouse ANBU was Orochimaru, Kakashi, Itachi, Yamato .. and i guess many more strong nins ..

EDIT: i dunno if Oro was in ANBU i just saw what MobiouS posted .. and if they were in ANBU even if there was Jiraiya that is just +

third..

Jiraya said that Narutos greatest power is Kyuubi, becouse he thinked that with Kyuubi 1,2,3 tail he can actually acomplish something .. he didnt know that Naruto is so lame that he need 100 tails to do something .. If any other nin had Kyuubi he would be much stronger then anyone .. Kiba, Shino, Sakura, Choji, Neji, Lee .. i dont wanna even to talk about Sasuke .. but just imagine what would happen if Kyuubi was sealed in some other genin ..

Last edited by SpiRo; 2007-04-16 at 16:25.
SpiRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 11:49   Link #74
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Can someone post me a picture of Orochimaru as ANBU? Because i am quite positive you guys mixed up names...it was Jiraiya instead of Orochimaru....
__________________
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 17:05   Link #75
reloaded
skywalker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
Ahhh free again ^^ .. so this is what i wanted to say ..

first check .. http://www.narutocentral.com/information/ninja-ranks/ So i guess ANBU is rank .. hmm let me see where u guys saw that ANBU isnt rank ?

second ..

@MobiouS : OFC that ANBU r baddasses .. u can see it becouse ANBU was Orochimaru, Kakashi, Itachi, Yamato .. and i guess many more strong nins ..

EDIT: i dunno if Oro was in ANBU i just saw what MobiouS posted .. and if they were in ANBU even if there was Jiraiya that is just +

third..

Jiraya said that Narutos greatest power is Kyuubi, becouse he thinked that with Kyuubi 1,2,3 tail he can actually acomplish something .. he didnt know that Naruto is so lame that he need 100 tails to do something .. If any other nin had Kyuubi he would be much stronger then anyone .. Kiba, Shino, Sakura, Choji, Neji, Lee .. i dont wanna even to talk about Sasuke .. but just imagine what would happen if Kyuubi was sealed in some other genin ..
ANBU still isnt a rank, Genin, Chuunin and Jounin are the only ranks with Kage being a special rank. After the third appointed the Fourth to be the Hokage, Sarutobi didnt go back to being called a Jounin he was still reffered to as the third Hokage Whereas after Kakashi left ANBU his rank didnt change at all he was still a Jounin, once a rank is attained it cannot be degraded, ANBU is a title given to Jounin or Chuunin ninjas who are in it. It's a special force of elite ninjas with great abilities. If you believe ANBU is a rank then answer this, why is it that you can leave ANBU (seeing it's a rank)?
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 17:10   Link #76
SpiRo
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Serbia
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloaded View Post
ANBU still isnt a rank, Genin, Chuunin and Jounin are the only ranks with Kage being a special rank. After the third appointed the Fourth to be the Hokage, Sarutobi didnt go back to being called a Jounin he was still reffered to as the third Hokage Whereas after Kakashi left ANBU his rank didnt change at all he was still a Jounin, once a rank is attained it cannot be degraded, ANBU is a title given to Jounin or Chuunin ninjas who are in it. It's a special force of elite ninjas with great abilities. If you believe ANBU is a rank then answer this, why is it that you can leave ANBU (seeing it's a rank)?
Why it should be forbiden ? OFC u can stop being ANBU or any other rank .. even Sai will leave NE ANBU ..

Also u can leave Jounin rank ! No one force u to be Jounin or ANBU it is your decision if u wanna be Chunin, Jounin, ANBU or Hokage .. u think now Tsunade cant stop being Hokage ?

So Jiraiya never was Chunin, Jounin ??
SpiRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 17:23   Link #77
ri0
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
Why it should be forbiden ? OFC u can stop being ANBU or any other rank .. even Sai will leave NE ANBU ..

Also u can leave Jounin rank ! No one force u to be Jounin or ANBU it is your decision if u wanna be Chunin, Jounin, ANBU or Hokage .. u think now Tsunade cant stop being Hokage ?

So Jiraiya never was Chunin, Jounin ??
Of course he was Chuunin and Jounin...

And you can't quit being a Jounin, because you never enter somewhere. It is a rank, a testament of strength/skill. If Kakashi would spread the rumour he is a Genin and quit being Jounin all the other countries would piss their pants.

ANBU is no rank... it is a team of Shinobi. So you can quit being ANBU.
Itachi for example was a ANBU captain with Chuunin rank.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 17:24   Link #78
reloaded
skywalker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
Why it should be forbiden ?

Also u can leave Jounin rank ! No one force u to be Jounin or ANBU it is your decision if u wanna be Chunin, Jounin, ANBU or Hokage .. u think now Tsunade cant stop being Hokage ?

So Jiraiya never was Chunin, Jounin ??
Why would you take an exam to become a jounin or a chuunin and then drop the rank but still continue being a ninja it doesnt make sense, ranks directly affect missions so if you drop a rank which you worked so hard to gain then you will recieve lower ranked missions which no good ninja wants to be taking all the time. There isn't an exam to become an ANBU member you are selected based on your skills, ANBU members have shorter lifespans due to the higher danger involved in their missions. Rank does affect the mission classes you take but Jounins can do S-rank missions aswell and seeing that most ANBU are Jounin it makes sense that being an ANBU member you get the same classes of missions as a Jounin would the only difference between being an ANBU and a Jounin is the regularity in which you take high class (S/A ranked) missions. If Tsunade would stop being Hokage then she would have to appoint someone to be the sixth (Naruto 100%), when the 6th Hokage is in power then Tsunade will still be known as the 5th hokage.

EDIT: regarding your Jiraiya question....ranks are for those who work under their villages Hokage, Jiraiya is loyal to Konoha but he doesnt work directly under the Hokage anymore so he doesnt have a rank nor does Jiraiya need to have a rank currently since the title of being a "legendary sannin" is more feared than any normal rank and he probably was a jounin but currently has no official rank since he doesnt work under konohas hokage.

btw I was explaining the very very low probability of dropping a rank and still work under your villages Kage and the high likeliness of ANBU not being a rank.

Last edited by reloaded; 2007-04-16 at 18:00.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 17:28   Link #79
SpiRo
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Serbia
Age: 29
I dont know what u explained that now i already answeared u on your question ..

I dont care why someone wanna leave his rank but he can do it if he want it ..

Tsunade will be known as 5th Hokage but she will obey 6th Hokage who is in charge .. like 4th Hokage obeyed 3th Hokage !!

And u didnt answear me on my question .. if u cant leave rank how is that posible that jiraiya dont have any atm ?
SpiRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 17:57   Link #80
reloaded
skywalker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
I dont know what u explained that now i already answeared u on your question ..

I dont care why someone wanna leave his rank but he can do it if he want it ..

Tsunade will be known as 5th Hokage but she will obey 6th Hokage who is in charge .. like 4th Hokage obeyed 3th Hokage !!

And u didnt answear me on my question .. if u cant leave rank how is that posible that jiraiya dont have any atm ?
You'll find your question answered under the "EDIT" of the last post i made. I think you meant how the third obeyed the fourth.....and the third never did obey the fourth, A hokage selects a new Hokage when he/she is retiring from being a ninja due to being affected by old age which was the case of the third hokage....he didnt elect the fourth hokage and then continue doing missions under him he temporarily retired from being a ninja. For that same reason Tsunade would not do missions under the 6th Hokage which would most likely be Naruto.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.