AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-02, 10:55   Link #1
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
One Piece - Chapter 556 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.





Okay, time to get this party started:



-Nami's ministory concludes this chapter. It seems to involve the old weather guy showing her some special type of rain cloud.....


-The chapter starts off with showing the gravely injured Oars. Meanwhile, Akainu kills off all the marines who succumbed to their fear of the war and tried to run away.....


-Whitebeard's forces rush forward on the path that Oars cleared for them, and a female pirate named "Ice Witch Whitey Bay" clears another path for the pirates by breaking the waves that were frozen by Aokiji. However, despite the fact that the pirates are getting closer to Ace, Sengoku isn't phazed. He orders for the execution to proceed on schedule. He seems to have some sort of plan. Garp, who's nearby, seems to be a bit emotional and has an argument with his superior. Whitebeard notes that Sengoku is quite a resourceful person......



-Meanwhile, Whitebeard's 13th division commander, "Water Buffalo Atomos", is under Doflamingo's control and is forced to attack his own crewmates. As this is going on, Luffy's group ends up landing in Marineford...... via Death Wink. Naturally, Ace is shocked......





So Luffy's group finally reappears! Heh, leave it to Ivankov to provide a flashy entrance for the group (and an even bigger LOL at the fact that it was Luffy's idea to begin with)! Speaking of flashy, I can't wait to see what hijinks Buggy will get into now that he's in closer proximity to Whitebeard......



It's also awesome (yet horrible att he same time) to see that Akainu is still upholding his "absolute justice" doctrine, even in this great event. It also looksl ike Tsuru is capable of kicking ass too, since she literally washed and dried a group of pirates like laundry (a DF power, perhaps?). I'm also assuming that Whitey Bay (who's probably a NW captain) will take on Hancock.....



.....Y'know, I actually think that I'm actually more interested in Tsuru's power than Luffy's reappearance right now.


Edit: By the way, it seems that there's a scene where that giant VA with the iron mask attacks Whitebeard with an axe. However, Newgate catches and crushes it, slams the giant on the ground, and uses his gura gura powers to knock him out. Now that's badass......


There's also a particularly noteworthy line from Doflamingo this chapter. I'll just quote aohige and let this speak for itself:



Quote:
DoFlamingo: The pirates are the evil? Marines are the Justice?
Such things have always been changed through the history....
The values held by kids who don't know peace, and values held by kids who don't know real war... are different!!
The one to rise to the top is what decides the good and evil!! This place right here, is that borderline!!
"Justice prevails"? Of course it does!
Because the winner is the only Justice!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-09-02 at 17:50.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 11:10   Link #2
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Yeah, Whitebeard destroys a Vice-Admiral in the space of a page. It's pretty damn sweet.

Looks like a good chapter. Luffy is finally back to; there is a beautiful spread of complete chaos and destruction; and so much more. Damn there is a lot to go around in this chapter. Can't wait for some more pics so as to read more of the scenes with Sengoku...

edit: damn, looks like a full script is out...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 11:12   Link #3
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
It seems Sengoku want to push up the execution of Ace , don't think that such a good idea . Now that WB is here there don't need Ace as bait any more it seems. Coby running can't blame him not much he can do right now.

Tsuru's power is funny as hell.
Luffy and gang here can't wait to see how everyone going to react to him next chapter and what trouble he going to cause.
But everyone fearing for the life wondering how there going to land while luffy don't got have care in world cause he rubber is rather funny.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 11:18   Link #4
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Akainu likes to kill people. He ordered to kill innocent people in Ohara and now he's killing marines for desertion (that's what it is) - and the sentence for this diffrers from contry to generation.
So the War broke loose just to let Luffy land in the middle of it and cause even more chaos - bet Sangoku didn't see that one coming.

So Sangoku knows everything and had it all planned, but I hope that he won't crush his glasses and say that he'll be Pirate King cause I'll quit reading OnePiece... then I give it another chance but the moment Luffy stars thinking how to end the circle of hatred and revange I'll quit and never return...
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 11:38   Link #5
rob lucci
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: philippines
Age: 22
what an entrance!

hope to see buggy ending up by falling into sengoku

what a crushing defeat for the mask giant, to think that he could match up for WB.
rob lucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 12:04   Link #6
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Sounds like an EPIC chapter

But I have to show some self-restraint and wait for full chapter... aaargh this will be hard..
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 13:05   Link #7
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Damn, the tension between Garp and Sengoku is definitely intense this chapter. Sengoku even says that he won't hold back against Garp if he goes out of line this time..... yikes. Do I sense a possible Garp vs. Sengoku in the air.....?



Oh, and interestingly enough, Coby and Helmeppo were amongst the marines who abandoned their posts, but they were lucky enough to avoid Akainu's wrath. I guess the those two will have a temporary reunion with Luffy this storyline......



And geez, I still can't get over Tsuru's laundry DF power! I really want to see more of it in the coming chapters.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 13:29   Link #8
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Cobys a pusssy.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 13:32   Link #9
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Cobys a pusssy.
Coby is smart , can't do anything , well run away . He has something he wants to become you need to be alive to do it.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 13:38   Link #10
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
My review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Nami's ministory concludes this chapter. It seems to involve the old weather guy showing her some special type of rain cloud.....
I'm surprised Nami actually had to learn something new. I just hope she uses this to her advantage in making a new technique to get back at Kuma for seperating her from her friends without her consent. In other words she better bring harsh punishment to Kuma. She was pretty upset at her experience with Kuma's powers and when she is reunited with her friends she'll get to do some damage to Kuma (hopefully 12 fold); that is if Kuma isn't already done away in the Whitebeard war. You may think that vengence especially the violent kind* is rather poisonous** (and you would be right), but the way I see it this kind of vengence is somewhat good for letting out your anger and telling your opponent how you really feel.

*i.e.: Hulk (Marvel Hero) and Amygdala (DC Villain; enemy of Batman)
**this concept was quoted from May Parker in Spider-Man 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-The chapter starts off with showing the gravely injured Oars. Meanwhile, Akainu kills off all the marines who succumbed to their fear of the war and tried to run away.....
Why I'm not surprised is quite obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Whitebeard's forces rush forward on the path that Oars cleared for them, and a female pirate named "Ice Witch Whitey Bay" clears another path for the pirates by breaking the waves that were frozen by Aokiji.* However, despite the fact that the pirates are getting closer to Ace, Sengoku isn't phazed. He orders for the execution to proceed on schedule. He seems to have some sort of plan.[1] Garp, who's nearby, seems to be a bit emotional and has an argument with his superior.[2] Whitebeard notes that Sengoku is quite a resourceful person[3]......**
*I'm guessing that "Ice Witch Whitey Bay" has super strength (at least in breaking ice).
**[1]Looks like Sengoku is taking this seriously. [2]What exactly is Garp arguing about? [3]From what Whitebeard mentioned about Sengoku, it reminds me how dangerous Ozymandias (Adrian Vieht) turned out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Meanwhile, Whitebeard's 13th division commander, "Water Buffalo Atomos", is under Doflamingo's control and is forced to attack his own crewmates. As this is going on, Luffy's group ends up landing in Marineford...... via Death Wink. Naturally, Ace is shocked......
Another new face. Too bad we won't exactly see what he specializes in since Doflamingo got him under his control. The crewmates mentioned that Doflamingo has some kind of power yet that power is still unrevealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So Luffy's group finally reappears! Heh, leave it to Ivankov to provide a flashy entrance for the group (and an even bigger LOL at the fact that it was Luffy's idea to begin with)! Speaking of flashy, I can't wait to see what hijinks Buggy will get into now that he's in closer proximity to Whitebeard......
I'd like to see Luffy to have at least some sort of encounter with Doflamingo. Luffy would have some conflict with Doflamingo's way of thinking but his Impel Down friends would have to prevent Luffy from actually fighting Doflamingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
It's also awesome (yet horrible att he same time) to see that Akainu is still upholding his "absolute justice" doctrine, even in this great event. It also looks like Tsuru is capable of kicking ass too, since she literally washed and dried a group of pirates like laundry (a DF power, perhaps?).* I'm also assuming that Whitey Bay (who's probably a NW captain) will take on Hancock.....**
*I didn't even think that Tsuru would even have such a power.
**A possible female catfight. Sounds doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Edit: By the way, it seems that there's a scene where that giant VA with the iron mask attacks Whitebeard with an axe. However, Newgate catches and crushes it, slammed the giant on the ground, and uses his gura gura powers to knock him out. Now that's badass......
I'd rate that as intensely awsome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
There's also a particularly noteworthy line from Doflamingo this chapter. I'll just quote aohige and let this spear for itself:
I wonder what Doflamingo is saying in this chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Damn, the tension between Garp and Sengoku is definitely intense this chapter. Sengoku even says that he won't hold back against Garp if he goes out of line this time..... yikes. Do I sense a possible Garp vs. Sengoku in the air.....?
I say Luffy should attack Sengoku for wanting to execute Ace for such foolish reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh, and interestingly enough, Coby and Helmeppo were amongst the marines who abandoned their posts, but they were lucky enough to avoid Akainu's wrath. I guess the those two will have a temporary reunion with Luffy this storyline......
I'll say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And geez, I still can't get over Tsuru's laundry DF power! I really want to see more of it in the coming chapters.....
Indeed it is surprising.

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2009-09-02 at 13:49.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 13:55   Link #11
SMASHERJACKSON
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So Luffy's group finally reappears! Heh, leave it to Ivankov to provide a flashy entrance for the group (and an even bigger LOL at the fact that it was Luffy's idea to begin with)! Speaking of flashy, I can't wait to see what hijinks Buggy will get into now that he's in closer proximity to Whitebeard......



It's also awesome (yet horrible att he same time) to see that Akainu is still upholding his "absolute justice" doctrine, even in this great event. It also looksl ike Tsuru is capable of kicking ass too, since she literally washed and dried a group of pirates like laundry (a DF power, perhaps?). I'm also assuming that Whitey Bay (who's probably a NW captain) will take on Hancock.....



.....Y'know, I actually think that I'm actually more interested in Tsuru's power than Luffy's reappearance right now.


Edit: By the way, it seems that there's a scene where that giant VA with the iron mask attacks Whitebeard with an axe. However, Newgate catches and crushes it, slame the giant on the ground, and uses his gura gura powers to knock him out. Now that's badass......


There's also a particularly noteworthy line from Doflamingo this chapter. I'll just quote aohige and let this speak for itself:
my previous post:this chapter rly made this whole scenario feel like a proper war zone, good stuff and i guess luffy and co will be interupting "the plan".

u know i think donflamingos summarised whats evident in op so far, the victor dictates history and justice....

whitebeards owning of a VA was bad ass

chapters this arc still delivering win in truckloads

also want to add, the way things are going it seems like WB will be the victor, shame we didnt see more of jozu and marcos battles
SMASHERJACKSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 14:26   Link #12
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I really don't think this war will have a clear "winner", despite Luffy's involvement. There'll be too many losses on both sides to determine which is the winning side, IMO. Doflamingo's speech actually further raises the possibility of that scenario coming true. Yes, he says that the one who comes out on top is the one to determine what's good or evil, but there's still that chance that he'll bail out on the government's side at the very last minute, leaving them to face their fate. Then when the dust clears, he can begin setting his plans for the "New Age" in motion......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 16:00   Link #13
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
If there weren't so many Kuma clones and Vagapunk weren't his friend then I'd say he'd die in this war or soon leaving - but he'd turn out to be tottaly sweet before dying.

I'm guessing Luffy will be the one that reaches Ace, but I wonder what next. Luffy frees Ace from his cuffs and makes him run away or leaves him to his fate? I somehow can't see Luffy letting his weakened brother fight and yet I don't think that Ace will want to leave his nakama behind. There's no turning back from war.

If Donflamingo has string power then maybe both Buggy and Luffy won't be affected - Buggy would toss away controled parts and Luffy would just strech and move other way... just a thought so don't hate.
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 16:01   Link #14
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In a class of my own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Coby is smart , can't do anything , well run away . He has something he wants to become you need to be alive to do it.
I concur: its very stupid to waste your life serving something you don't really see as worth it. Although he DID say he wanted to become an Admiral. But then he can't do that from beyond the grave.

Quote:
Akainu kills off all the marines who succumbed to their fear of the war and tried to run away.....


-Whitebeard's forces rush forward on the path that Oars cleared for them, and a female pirate named "Ice Witch Whitey Bay" clears another path for the pirates by breaking the waves that were frozen by Aokiji.
I find Akainu's behaviour to be disgusting. More so because without his DF power, he'd be nothing. He was just lucky to strong enough to stand this long. I wish Whitebeard would cut him down sharp.

The Ice Witch lady is most likely not a contradiction of the no-two DFs being the same paradigm, so I'll defer comment. If the 'Ice' title refers to her personality then I think it would be nice to see a fight between her and Boa. More for curiousity than anything else.

^^^ @ marvelB's post above me: He and Blackbeard will have to tussle (hopefully) if their aims clash. I thought there might be a definitive winner as well before, but with how the author has presented the war, there may not be. In fact, I'm thinking that yea, there won't be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
I'm guessing Luffy will be the one that reaches Ace, but I wonder what next. Luffy frees Ace from his cuffs and makes him run away or leaves him to his fate? I somehow can't see Luffy letting his weakened brother fight and yet I don't think that Ace will want to leave his nakama behind. There's no turning back from war.

If Donflamingo has string power then maybe both Buggy and Luffy won't be affected - Buggy would toss away controled parts and Luffy would just strech and move other way... just a thought so don't hate.
As much as the confusion so far certainly provides a stage for it, Id like to think that Oda's storytelling is a bit better than that (And I firmly believe it is). It seems a little less necessary now for some reason that someone other than Luffy be the final 'saviour' of Ace, but still...

Then again, Luffy has taken a good bit of hurt recently: a bit of a revival is in order, too. *Shrug*. The story's going perfect either way.
__________________
Rev. Niemöller, on Nazi Germany:

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Last edited by holypanl; 2009-09-02 at 16:16.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 16:24   Link #15
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Meanwhile, Akainu kills off all the marines who succumbed to their fear of the war and tried to run away.....
Lucci and this guy would make great friends.
Rawrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 16:30   Link #16
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In a class of my own.
For some reason, Lucci was lovable to some extent. He had a certain style which Akainu...lacks.
__________________
Rev. Niemöller, on Nazi Germany:

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 16:35   Link #17
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Lucci and this guy would make great friends.

^And Shiryuu, for that matter. But the difference between Akainu and those two is that both Lucci and Shiryuu are currently traitors to the government. So unless Akainu does something so extreme that the higher-ups of the government decide to give him the boot as well, we really can't be sure that those guys will get along with each other......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 17:19   Link #18
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
Can't wait to read it..

Where is Kuma
I wonder if he can send more then one person flying at the same time.. someone better kil him of quick
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 17:49   Link #19
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Where is Kuma
I wonder if he can send more then one person flying at the same time..* someone better kill him off quick**
*There's a possibility we'll have to watch out for.
**1. No such luck so far. 2. There's not really a rush to have him killed just yet.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 18:03   Link #20
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Sky with the Birds
That's one thing I never quite understood. How are CP9 traitors to the World Government?
__________________



'̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ '̿
Weed, there is nothing wrong with it.. Seriously what's so bad about it? Smoking weed and eating out your fridge and laughing at the simple things? Or getting in fights and causing injury and accidents. Beer is the destruction of this nation, Herb is the healer! Don't listen, make your own choices!
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.