AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-09-15, 15:01   Link #1
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Nephilim John

This is a manhwa from Ryu Geum Chel and, as some might guess, its hero is an angel-like entity by the name of John.

Summary:

Quote:
After losing his parents and being sold off as a slave, John works at York Castle, when an angel by the name of Michael crashes through his roof and invites him into a world of Battle angels, demons, and holy wars. What Michael didn't know upon doing so, is the fact that John is a nephilim...
The plot is pretty old and the secondary characters are lacking a facial expression, but John's situation piqued my interest, since he has to deal with a lot more than the other heroes of similar cases.
There are currently 14 released chapters to my knowledge, and I believe it to be a monthly release due to the page-heavy chapters (50-60). Feel free to discuss character and plot development here.
Old 2009-09-15, 15:19   Link #2
Tiberium Wolf

He made it too similar to Ares. The way the character are shown in Ares in better than here.
Old 2009-09-15, 16:30   Link #3
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Can't be helped, it is from the same author after all and variety in artwork is scarce...but honestly, I've seen worse, and the story is progressing well...reading ch.7 atm.
Old 2010-05-29, 14:31   Link #4
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Chapters 22~42 are out, the plot thickens after ch.25 but the characters have started developing since the last volume.
Spoiler for characters:

Tags
drama, shounen