AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-09-30, 16:48   Link #1
stellarroze

Send a message via Skype™ to stellarroze
Fuyuu Gakuen no Alice and Shirley

Author: Yukiya Murasaki
Illustrator: Shirabii

Quote:
One day, people awoke to find themselves with the superhuman ability called Dialecte. They gathered in the academy city "Canaan" that was isolated from the general public - a futuristic town floating in the sky. Masaki was a high school student who had a peaceful hobby of making pastries and yet he was judged to have the peerless ability "Glow Verbaliser" so changed schools. He meets up with his childhood friend Shirley along with the quiet and mysterious Alice. The two of them are the strongest "Breaker" pair who supervise the rule-breakers of the school regulations regarding the misuse of illusions...but they break up over a trivial argument. Furthermore, since Sasaki has the power that's called peerless, Alice chooses him as her new partner. The strongest! The unluckiest? Let's raise the curtain on the maximum level tea and sweets superpower school battle!!
Translation Project

Last edited by stellarroze; 2014-02-02 at 15:40.
stellarroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 16:57   Link #2
Quol
Anime Lurker

This seems interesting just a couple questions;

Is anyone translating this light novel/manga?
Will this be a love triangle or the usual super school harem?

Also i'm guessing shirley is the orange person, she reminds me a lot of shirley from code geass

Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 17:19   Link #3
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Oh, cool, so this is the series for Overlap Bunko that Murasaki Yukiya was talking about.
Old 2013-09-30, 21:05   Link #4
amatsunagi

Send a message via Skype™ to amatsunagi
So, it's "Dialecte" instead of "Direct"? and "Glow Verbaliser" instead of "Globalizer"? >.>
Katakana is hard, can't really read them well for me... >.<
amatsunagi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 01:33   Link #5
stellarroze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
This seems interesting just a couple questions;

Is anyone translating this light novel/manga?
Will this be a love triangle or the usual super school harem?

Also i'm guessing shirley is the orange person, she reminds me a lot of shirley from code geass
I'll do a teaser in a few days. It's probably going to be a love triangle but I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
So, it's "Dialecte" instead of "Direct"? and "Glow Verbaliser" instead of "Globalizer"? >.>
Katakana is hard, can't really read them well for me... >.<
Yeah XD, katakana is hard. I'm not exactly sure myself what the correct romanisation is.
Old 2013-10-02, 03:58   Link #6
amatsunagi

Not really love triangle, but Shirley and Alice did fight over Masaki XD
Old 2013-10-03, 16:10   Link #7
stellarroze

I've done a teaser on BT - http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/vie...hp?f=15&t=6095 .
Old 2013-10-03, 16:33   Link #8
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

heh, some parts of that summary/premise reminds me of A Certain story
anyways it seems interesting

He believes.
Even though he’s tired and one leg’s in the coffin, he believes.
He believes in his right fist,
in the path that his weapon creates,
in the scene when his weapon brutally hits the enemy’s body,
that his victory will bring about a wonderful future.
Kamijou Touma’s actions are based on trust.-

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 20:37   Link #9
amatsunagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarroze View Post
Ouw, thanks for the hard work! ^o^

and by the way, Volume 2 is going to be released this month~
Old 2013-10-04, 00:13   Link #10
waffler

whats the peerless power mc has?
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 12:35   Link #11
stellarroze

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
whats the peerless power mc has?
I'm not sure, I haven't gotten very far yet.

Here's the teaser page: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ce_and_Shirley
Old 2013-10-13, 09:01   Link #12
amatsunagi

IIRC, he has this sort of "Marble Reality" ability, which transported targets to a rose garden. Masaki is able to call rabbit in waiter or butler outfit (which Alice and Shirley fond of for their cuteness) to help him. Masaki is able to produce any confectionary sweets he already create or tastes before. One point that makes [Rose Garden] surpassed any other Dialect, is the sweets are real, not some sort of illusion. Both Alice and Shirley are stuffed full after they tastes [Rose Garden] sweets. Well, Masaki just haven't found any usage in [Rose Garden] that would be useful in combat, but looking at the scale and effect it produce, indeed it is worthy as level-7 Dialect.

Why don't they just named this "Unlimited Sweet Works" or "Unlimited Bunny Works" =_=a

Anyway, synopsis from volume 2 said that the president of [Breaker] took interest in Masaki, since she is a big fan of sweets.
Old 2013-10-13, 11:27   Link #13
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
IIRC, he has this sort of "Marble Reality" ability, which transported targets to a rose garden. Masaki is able to call rabbit in waiter or butler outfit (which Alice and Shirley fond of for their cuteness) to help him. Masaki is able to produce any confectionary sweets he already create or tastes before. One point that makes [Rose Garden] surpassed any other Dialect, is the sweets are real, not some sort of illusion. Both Alice and Shirley are stuffed full after they tastes [Rose Garden] sweets. Well, Masaki just haven't found any usage in [Rose Garden] that would be useful in combat, but looking at the scale and effect it produce, indeed it is worthy as level-7 Dialect.

Why don't they just named this "Unlimited Sweet Works" or "Unlimited Bunny Works" =_=a

Anyway, synopsis from volume 2 said that the president of [Breaker] took interest in Masaki, since she is a big fan of sweets.
They really should.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 13:16   Link #14
JoksPacifist

So, Misaki's power is being the ultimate baker ?
Interesting.
Old 2013-10-13, 21:46   Link #15
whitecloud

Killed by sweet...Or diabetes
Old 2013-10-13, 21:55   Link #16
YagimotoKazuhiro
Level 0 Translatomaster
*Scanlator

Oh Stellar you're doing this?

Sure looks cool.

And the art... Lmao this is MOE!
Old 2013-10-13, 21:55   Link #17
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:

Wait. So Dialects can, by nature, only produce illusions? I can see why he moved to Canaan. Every confectionary would want him dead for his potential to give out free sweets and drive them out of business.

On another note, this is a very interesting harem. A protagonist that uses the stomach to get into the heart. The author's a friggin' genius.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-10-13 at 22:16.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 21:56   Link #18
YagimotoKazuhiro
Level 0 Translatomaster
*Scanlator

Marble Reality...

THIS IS FSN NO MATTER HOW I LOOK AT IT
Old 2013-10-14, 02:26   Link #19
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

The ability to create something out of nothing with ease, even if it is merely candy, can break the balance of the world.

It's not just candy, you can also assume monopoly over the sugar industry. You can be the next Heinz family: in fact, since I am pretty sure they add sugar to ketchup they will become dependent on your monopoly as well.

In order to keep demands high, you may want to invest in sugar-based power generation.

You can make candy out of expensive raw material: say, black truffles or caviar, then create infinite clones and break them back down to their raw materials.

Depending on whether the system can be cheated (at what point is something candy, food, or something else?), you might be able to mass create insulin for all the diabetics you help create.

Combat advantage? Simple, Ass pennies.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 05:52   Link #20
amatsunagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Wait. So Dialects can, by nature, only produce illusions? I can see why he moved to Canaan. Every confectionary would want him dead for his potential to give out free sweets and drive them out of business.

On another note, this is a very interesting harem. A protagonist that uses the stomach to get into the heart. The author's a friggin' genius.
Not really, Masaki is a special case after all. Well, Alice states that she has seen some "Glow Verbaliser" that has similar power with Masaki but not even close to what Masaki had displayed. She concluded that Rosegarden is not illusion-type or dream-type.

that Rosegarden is a sure way to get girls dazed, with cute rabbit and delicious sweets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YagimotoKazuhiro View Post
Marble Reality...

THIS IS FSN NO MATTER HOW I LOOK AT IT
lol, I'm just using that term to explain though ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
The ability to create something out of nothing with ease, even if it is merely candy, can break the balance of the world.

It's not just candy, you can also assume monopoly over the sugar industry. You can be the next Heinz family: in fact, since I am pretty sure they add sugar to ketchup they will become dependent on your monopoly as well.

In order to keep demands high, you may want to invest in sugar-based power generation.

You can make candy out of expensive raw material: say, black truffles or caviar, then create infinite clones and break them back down to their raw materials.

Depending on whether the system can be cheated (at what point is something candy, food, or something else?), you might be able to mass create insulin for all the diabetics you help create.

Combat advantage? Simple, Ass pennies.
ahahaha, Willy Wonka anyone?