AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-01, 08:01   Link #2161
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
^ I guess even masters have a slight delay adapting to sudden darkness. Even if she is a master, there must boundaries by which masters can be categorized in.

A nice chapter overall if you just ignore princess Shion. The old 'The Breaker' had definitely better pacing, if NW had been a monthly manhwa I'm sure the story would improve by at least 50%. Not 100% since Shion would have been a rag doll either way.
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 08:03   Link #2162
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Oh no they are in deep doo doo now

Yeah this chapter was pretty empty. Shioon needs a brain transplant.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 10:07   Link #2163
Airaku
####
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
I don't have any problem with shion trying to kill doc, I'd be disappointed if he didn't. But he keeps rushing in without gauging the enemy. Being at death's door or overcome with rage is no excuse, he's been there before. Plus, he's had hours bleeding away on a table to get over his rage and think about why he was there in the first place (partly his fault). You think about stuff like that when you know you're going to die and can't do shit about it. I know he didn't take murim 101, but he been in enough life-or-death fights and situations to know you have to look before you leap, especially when you got someone with you. He needs to realize that Sera will get dragged into whatever decisions he makes in the heat of the moment. Maybe he too used to fighting alone, but that luxury was shot when his ki center broke. He should realize by now that the only reason he's alive is because there were people around trying to save him, yet this damsel in distress scenario keeps repeating obliviously.
__________________

Airaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 11:04   Link #2164
Richocet
Lover of Purity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I'm with tsunade, I'll probably take a break from this for a couple of chap and then see how it develops from here
But the doctor seems kinda messed up though
__________________
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 12:28   Link #2165
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
I was actually hoping he looked identical to Chun-woo (Goomoonryong) for some super surprise extra what the mindfuck.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 13:48   Link #2166
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I was actually hoping he looked identical to Chun-woo (Goomoonryong) for some super surprise extra what the mindfuck.
The fact that he looks like an alien is surprising enough
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 14:41   Link #2167
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
The fact that he looks like an alien is surprising enough
Totally Agree.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 16:28   Link #2168
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Any of u guys realize.. Sera stole shioon's first kiss?

lololol... and i bet you its her first kiss also, and he's gonna have a flash back dere dere moment.

First kiss's are kinda important. Even tho it was a life or death matter.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 16:35   Link #2169
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
So glad I dropped this 40 chapters ago. It just sounds like it gets worse and worse. Is it wrong of me to hope Shioon actually gets killed off so I have a reason to start reading again?
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 16:49   Link #2170
Miles Teg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Le Mans, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
So glad I dropped this 40 chapters ago. It just sounds like it gets worse and worse. Is it wrong of me to hope Shioon actually gets killed off so I have a reason to start reading again?
You can but that probably won't happen (if that happen) before the last chapter of part 3

At this point it's probably better for you to simply think that "new waves" has never existed
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 17:21   Link #2171
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
You can but that probably won't happen (if that happen) before the last chapter of part 3

At this point it's probably better for you to simply think that "new waves" has never existed
What part 2???
Its different manga. The Breakers New Wenches
Summary
Watch our powerfull fighting wenches saving some random stupid kid from evil organization. Every chapter you get wenches showing their awesome skills they learned from ancient scrolls of murim. Will the random kid get killed this episode? Or will wenches come and save him. Cannot miss it, New Wenches its soooooooooo gooooood.
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 17:32   Link #2172
Lummie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
So glad I dropped this 40 chapters ago. It just sounds like it gets worse and worse. Is it wrong of me to hope Shioon actually gets killed off so I have a reason to start reading again?
Don't bother for now. Actually read Tower of God instead if you want a story about a good MC. ToG's MC is pretty much the same as Shioon in terms of kindness/hinted potential etc... but at least he became the kind of MC that would fit perfectly in this type of manhwa instead of Shioon who's no different after 100 chaps.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 17:34   Link #2173
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
What part 2???
Its different manga. The Breakers New Wenches
Summary
Watch our powerfull fighting wenches saving some random stupid kid from evil organization. Every chapter you get wenches showing their awesome skills they learned from ancient scrolls of murim. Will the random kid get killed this episode? Or will wenches come and save him. Cannot miss it, New Wenches its soooooooooo gooooood.
We can almost make bets how long it will take Shion to get into trouble after the rescue. My guess is 3-4 chapters max until princess Shion needs another kiss by the prince

But seriously, I was really excited when NW was announced, the first few chapters were good, but then it went all down the drain.I really want to take a break from this and hope it will improve later, but when the next chapter is up I know i will download it, if only to face palm myself 2 minutes later
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 18:32   Link #2174
Azure-Priest
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
It would seem everyone's forgotten that "Doc" moves faster than Shioon, has better knowledge of the area, and has a rather significant number of SUC followers with excellent views of all the exits and the surrounding area.

Running away is not an option.

Shioon saw an opening, and took it.

EVERYONE calls Shioon an "idiot," but he's actually quite sharp. If it wasn't for his "mad lunge," Sera would never have had the opening she needed to throw "Doc."

Shioon's greatest advantage is that people ALWAYS underestimate him.

I'm sure he's thinking up something that will render the "eye-shine" moot.
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 18:50   Link #2175
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
It would seem everyone's forgotten that "Doc" moves faster than Shioon, has better knowledge of the area, and has a rather significant number of SUC followers with excellent views of all the exits and the surrounding area.

Running away is not an option.

Shioon saw an opening, and took it.

EVERYONE calls Shioon an "idiot," but he's actually quite sharp. If it wasn't for his "mad lunge," Sera would never have had the opening she needed to throw "Doc."

Shioon's greatest advantage is that people ALWAYS underestimate him.

I'm sure he's thinking up something that will render the "eye-shine" moot.
You seriously believe what you are saying ... ?

Most of the time Shion behave like the last moron, or a monkey after lobotomy. Just because things sometimes work in his way is probably thanks to author Mangaka No Jutsu and Plot no Armor.
Normally he wouldn't survive few days in murim world, and thats why most people are fed up with him. That dude is all the time saved by lady luck, you can give him that. But him smart? No way not even a chance.
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 18:54   Link #2176
Azure-Priest
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
You seriously believe what you are saying ... ?

Most of the time Shion behave like the last moron, or a monkey after lobotomy. Just because things sometimes work in his way is probably thanks to author Mangaka No Jutsu and Plot no Armor.
Normally he wouldn't survive few days in murim world, and thats why most people are fed up with him. That dude is all the time saved by lady luck, you can give him that. But him smart? No way not even a chance.
That's not what Sera said.

Sera: "Here I thought he was an idiot, but he's actually very smart."

NAIVE, yes.

STUPID, no.
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 19:56   Link #2177
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
That's not what Sera said.

Sera: "Here I thought he was an idiot, but he's actually very smart."

NAIVE, yes.

STUPID, no.
So you cannot make a conclusion yourself as the audience?
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 20:08   Link #2178
Airaku
####
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
It would seem everyone's forgotten that "Doc" moves faster than Shioon, has better knowledge of the area, and has a rather significant number of SUC followers with excellent views of all the exits and the surrounding area.

Running away is not an option.

Shioon saw an opening, and took it.

EVERYONE calls Shioon an "idiot," but he's actually quite sharp. If it wasn't for his "mad lunge," Sera would never have had the opening she needed to throw "Doc."

Shioon's greatest advantage is that people ALWAYS underestimate him.

I'm sure he's thinking up something that will render the "eye-shine" moot.
I don't think anyone was calling shion “stupid” because he didn't run away. Running away would actually be stupid for a number of reasons. The idiocy is that he rushed in without a plan. If he had actually seen an opening (as you say) then why was he stabbed and nearly killed almost effortlessly. Also, I find it hard believe that having Sera save him from the death blow was somehow part of his master plan. He did not see an opening. Is it even possible to see an opening at that distance and when you have no idea what enemy's fighting style is like? Not to mention, doc was the one who announced his presence, he didn't run into them while sleepwalking. He was ready for them, yet shion ran straight in screaming bloody murder. If shion had been more cautious he would have found out doc had some knifes up his sleeve and likes to stab people with them. Instead, he went right at tiger mouth and nearly got his head chewed off. If it weren’t for Sera he’d be dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
That's not what Sera said.

Sera: "Here I thought he was an idiot, but he's actually very smart."

NAIVE, yes.

STUPID, no.
Oh, he has a wonderful brain, but he keeps forgetting to use it. I'm still holding onto some hope that he'll get his shit together. But recently he keeps letting his emotions take over his better judgment and frankly it's frustrating as a fan. I’d be a lot more forgiving if I wasn’t expecting so much more from him.
__________________

Airaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 23:25   Link #2179
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Meh, it's all just fair weather hate no matter what anyone says anyways. All he has to do is have Shioon win a fight or two and they'll all happily throw him a party. That's what I find funny about it all...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 23:27   Link #2180
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Meh, it's all just fair weather hate no matter what anyone says anyways. All he has to do is have Shioon win a fight or two and they'll all happily throw him a party. That's what I find funny about it all...
But until he does that we can hate him as much as we want right.
Considering his recent streak of being *cool*, there's not much chance anything will change.
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.