AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-05-28, 13:25   Link #1061
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It's not like destroying his ki center made him forget everything he learned. He still knows how to do advanced techniques. It's just that his body can't handle them as well.

Yes, i know this,that's why I said it was incredible at this time that he could use a good technique, with its ki center broken, without suffering serious damage to his body,also the girl in the car,,She said it was impossible to do that technique without ki center, and in any case, should have been breaking ankles ..
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 14:18   Link #1062
DSDSSDWE
Blah
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Yes, i know this,that's why I said it was incredible at this time that he could use a good technique, with its ki center broken, without suffering serious damage to his body,also the girl in the car,,She said it was impossible to do that technique without ki center, and in any case, should have been breaking ankles ..
That woman thinks Shioon is a talented ex murim with a broken ki-center. We know Shioon is a talented ex murim with a broken ki-center, but still with his entire body infused with an enormous amount of ki that "protects" him and allows him to heal faster automatically.

That alone gives him access to techniques that aren't on Murim level necessarily, but still better than normal humans (because the damage caused to himself is lower).

Shioon didn't really pull off his evasion technique as smoothly as he could: he still lost balance and fell. In volume 6 he did an evasion technique and whooped that giant without missing a beat. What Shioon did here was just a half assed version of that.
DSDSSDWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 12:19   Link #1063
Miles Teg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Le Mans, France
Chapter 32 cover :

http://blog.naver.com/tdstudio.do
Miles Teg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 12:37   Link #1064
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDSSDWE View Post
That woman thinks Shioon is a talented ex murim with a broken ki-center. We know Shioon is a talented ex murim with a broken ki-center, but still with his entire body infused with an enormous amount of ki that "protects" him and allows him to heal faster automatically.

That alone gives him access to techniques that aren't on Murim level necessarily, but still better than normal humans (because the damage caused to himself is lower).

Shioon didn't really pull off his evasion technique as smoothly as he could: he still lost balance and fell. In volume 6 he did an evasion technique and whooped that giant without missing a beat. What Shioon did here was just a half assed version of that.
Actually I think the he did that on purpose since he was going for the whole precise strike over powerful one. There's a good chance he wouldn't have been able to pull that off without falling over, and I'm pretty certain it was his plan to run the heck out of there the second the guy was down, s falling over didn't matter much.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 03:53   Link #1065
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 28
Ch.32 from DAUM:


Don't tell me it's THAT medication again...and the last part is a bit ominous...or am I reading too much into it?
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 04:31   Link #1066
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Next chapter: "Goomoonryong's True Disciple Strikes Back"?
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 04:46   Link #1067
shakes12
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
he couldn't fix his ki centre, so what did the pill do?
shakes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 04:54   Link #1068
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes12 View Post
he couldn't fix his ki centre, so what did the pill do?
He didn't have a ki-center before eating the first pill right? Maybe the solution is just to give him another ki-center.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 04:57   Link #1069
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
At page 7/12, the doctor says "30분", that is to say, thirty minutes. So the pill probably needs that long to take effect...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 05:38   Link #1070
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
My apologies for double-posting, but ChaoticKen has posted a translation! Here:

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post2476114
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 07:07   Link #1071
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Wow, my feeling towards The Breaker has literally jumped ship 180 degrees over the past few chapters.

It feels like the first time when New Waves was just serialised with only a few chapters, the tension of wanting the next chapter ASAP is high in the hair.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 07:46   Link #1072
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor, flooooooooooooooooooooooooooor

I have only 2 concerns about this chapter.
1st- What is the pill, is it the same as the one he got before (hence the previous chapter talk about price)
2nd- Is the pill effect permament or will shion now chew up candies before his fights.

Anyway lets sit back and wait for another week to see some roflmaostomp on those bone tards.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 09:23   Link #1073
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
The pill's probably only temporarily, though just how temporarily we don't know yet (An hour? A day? A week? A month?).

But for now, that's a secondary concern. For now I'll just be looking forward to see him curbstomp Changho and his goons .
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 10:23   Link #1074
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Woot finally... but dear god there will be hell if it's only temporary

Anyway, I'm just glad that we'll see Shioon beat the snot out of that douche once again.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 10:57   Link #1075
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
The pill's probably only temporarily, though just how temporarily we don't know yet (An hour? A day? A week? A month?).

But for now, that's a secondary concern. For now I'll just be looking forward to see him curbstomp Changho and his goons .
I agree,with everything you said, the 'effect of the pill will probably be temporary ..
But foR now,I want to' see Shioon Bad Ass!! And kick all ass of these stupid guy's!!!
I can't wait, for the next chapter!!
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 11:48   Link #1076
gameboy234
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Oh no pills again..
I was hoping he goes down the hardworking path..
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 12:33   Link #1077
DSDSSDWE
Blah
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Actually I think the he did that on purpose since he was going for the whole precise strike over powerful one. There's a good chance he wouldn't have been able to pull that off without falling over, and I'm pretty certain it was his plan to run the heck out of there the second the guy was down, s falling over didn't matter much.
Possible, although precision over power doesn't mean that you'll fall down. So I don't think he really planned to fall down.

And the fact that he did plan to go precision over power, even though his old self would have done just as well with power over precision, means he realizes he's not going to be performing the same move (or at least at the same level).

Of course, since one arm was in a sling, you could say that that's what caused him to lose balance and not because he's weaker.
DSDSSDWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 13:26   Link #1078
Retcon_Man
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
The pill can't give Shioon permanent abilities to use ki. Otherwise, it would need a lot of explaining. At this point the pill can either give ki to the user, like the pill he took in part 1, or the pill extracts the ki that's infused in the body and allows the user to use it. Either way, it's not the greatest solution for Shioon's problems. He has no ki center to keep or contain the ki. At the most, it'll give Shioon ki continuously for a set amount of time and that will be it. I think the permanent solution lies in Shioon's body and the Black Heaven and Earth technique. At least that is how I see the author explaining Shioon's shift to using ki again permanently. The key, I believe lies in the "Roar of the Phoenix" cry, where Shioon can enter into the Black Origin Threshold state. That can possibly as a side affect cure Shioon's problems, if the author wanted to that is.

If the pill fixes Shioon's problems permanently, then that will be extremely bad writing.
Retcon_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 18:37   Link #1079
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Zombie mode, ACTIVATE!

He always needs to be beat up pretty badly first huh?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 18:51   Link #1080
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
At the very least, it looks like the pill is working somehow. His abilities have increased if he can now outrun those SUC ki users.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.