AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-22, 19:30   Link #1761
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
He does use "Noona" with Sera though, doesn't he? Him using Unni with Jinie may just be a quirk of his. Or indeed just a joke, a way to put a "non-serious" atmosphere around himself...
Thats kinda what i figured... however... he used noona in front of people that he's not too confortable with... and then as the people get close to him, he switches to unnie.

This is why i really question his character.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 21:05   Link #1762
Franckie
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
I get the feeling that it won't be Jinie but Yi Gyu-Bum (guy with the eyes closed all the time). Ever since c.5 where he suddenly told Shioon that he would lay his life for the Sunwoo clan and Sosul, it kept hanging since it felt foreshadowed.
Jinie has no future role in the series without acquiring a major power-up. Other young fighters like Jigun and Sera are already above your average Master-class fighter and still have room for improvement. Jinie isn't even considered a fodder Master, however. Her weakness will prove a hindrance as more and more elites appear.

Jinie is also an ideal trigger for Shioon to demonstrate knowing the Black Heaven technique that he inherited from GMR, which would legitimize his title as GMR's sole and rightful successor. That would parallel Part I's developments where the author spent the bulk of Part I detailing the relationship between Goomoonryong and Shiho only for it to end in tragedy; right now Jinie is Shioon's most developed relationship and it'll only continue growing as Part II continues. Right now no other plausible candidate would yield the same emotional reaction as Jinie.
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 21:12   Link #1763
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
Jinie has no future role in the series without acquiring a major power-up. Other young fighters like Jigun and Sera are already above your average Master-class fighter and still have room for improvement. Jinie isn't even considered a fodder Master, however. Her weakness will prove a hindrance as more and more elites appear.

Jinie is also an ideal trigger for Shioon to demonstrate knowing the Black Heaven technique that he inherited from GMR, which would legitimize his title as GMR's sole and rightful successor. That would parallel Part I's developments where the author spent the bulk of Part I detailing the relationship between Goomoonryong and Shiho only for it to end in tragedy; right now Jinie is Shioon's most developed relationship and it'll only continue growing as Part II continues. Right now no other plausible candidate would yield the same emotional reaction as Jinie.
She can become a mistress maid as far as I care ^^. Its not like she need to be some robocop fighting everything on her way.
All we need is Shion getting his power back, and then Jinie and Sera can play the damsel in distress all they want.

As for relationship.
All we need is Shion seeing/knowing that his mother is in bad shape in hospital if not MIA/KIA, it will be more than enough to make him blow, considering that he only has mother.
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 21:19   Link #1764
Franckie
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
She can become a mistress maid as far as I care ^^. Its not like she need to be some robocop fighting everything on her way.
Storytelling is king. Killing her would be the more productive scenario. The author can only regurgitate the damsel in distress routine so many times before it starts irritating the audience and hurting the quality of the storytelling. Assuming she sticks to her current level of strength she has no role to play against the second half of Part II and Part III, which will chiefly consist of master-class fighters.

Quote:
All we need is Shion getting his power back, and then Jinie and Sera can play the damsel in distress all they want.
Shioon getting his power back isn't the most important objective right now. Otherwise he'd have fully-recovered by now. There is so much more to the Breaker than that.

Quote:
As for relationship.
All we need is Shion seeing/knowing that his mother is in bad shape in hospital if not MIA/KIA, it will be more than enough to make him blow, considering that he only has mother.
Admittedly she is a possibility but not the most probable one because of the lack of the development.
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 21:48   Link #1765
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
Jinie has no future role in the series without acquiring a major power-up. Other young fighters like Jigun and Sera are already above your average Master-class fighter and still have room for improvement. Jinie isn't even considered a fodder Master, however. Her weakness will prove a hindrance as more and more elites appear.

Jinie is also an ideal trigger for Shioon to demonstrate knowing the Black Heaven technique that he inherited from GMR, which would legitimize his title as GMR's sole and rightful successor. That would parallel Part I's developments where the author spent the bulk of Part I detailing the relationship between Goomoonryong and Shiho only for it to end in tragedy; right now Jinie is Shioon's most developed relationship and it'll only continue growing as Part II continues. Right now no other plausible candidate would yield the same emotional reaction as Jinie.
Just a quick correction, we know Shioon knows the Black Heaven & Sky technique because it's his ki distribution technique. What you mean is you want him to show the Black Origin Threshold.

Also maybe it's just me but we haven't seen Sera do any actual fighting yet have we? So we don't really know how she compares to most of the others.
__________________
Xacual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 21:55   Link #1766
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Okay, guys, if you're waiting for The Breaker to come out, you'd probably best give it up, because the author/artist has psoted a message on Daum:

브레이커 작화가 박진환입니다 이번 61화는 사정상 휴재를 하게 되었습니다... 프로작가로써 독자분들과 약속을 지키지 못한점 죄송스럽습니다... ㅠㅠ 한주만 기다려주세요...

From what Google translate translates it as... I'd say that it looks like we won't get a chapter this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
Thats kinda what i figured... however... he used noona in front of people that he's not too confortable with... and then as the people get close to him, he switches to unnie.

This is why i really question his character.
Hmm, I see. Well, I guess it isn't impossible, but I'd be truly shocked if he was revealed to be a very flat-chested and tomboyish girl at this point .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
Jinie has no future role in the series without acquiring a major power-up. Other young fighters like Jigun and Sera are already above your average Master-class fighter and still have room for improvement. Jinie isn't even considered a fodder Master, however. Her weakness will prove a hindrance as more and more elites appear.
Oh, I dunno. Kwon might've been unwilling to teach her too much with his grudge towards her mother which more or less passed on to Jinie, but now with that done away with, Kwon might be willing to teach Jinie a few things that'll give her a bit of a level-up (I can already see him giving lessons to both Jinie & Shioon).
Now, you say that Sera and Ji-gun have more room for improvement than Jinie? I don't know about that - Ji-Gun is a kinda obvious case considering that it's implied that he has a health problem that, if it was fixed, would dramatically improve his abilities. But Sera? Why would she have more room for improvement than Jinie...?
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 21:56   Link #1767
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Only the very brief tussle she had against Jinie on the roof when she 'poisoned' Shioon. Sera outplayed her but otherwise, didn't make any aggressive moves so we don't know what she's like when she fights seriously.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 21:58   Link #1768
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
i don't see Jinie dying anytime soon, despite what others may wish
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 23:02   Link #1769
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Only the very brief tussle she had against Jinie on the roof when she 'poisoned' Shioon. Sera outplayed her but otherwise, didn't make any aggressive moves so we don't know what she's like when she fights seriously.
why is it that only u and i understand this?

lolol...

everyone assumes sera is weak...
she never got serious.

Also the way she threw jinnie was the exact same technique that granny used to throw 9AD.
So i assume Sera isnt weak.

And the only time where she would or could of gotten serious.. she would of been badly outmatched by the 2nd ranked person all of mirum, namely kwon.

Sera isnt stupid to pick a fight with kwon, like that lolita girl did.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 05:00   Link #1770
Retcon_Man
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
Jinie has no future role in the series without acquiring a major power-up. Other young fighters like Jigun and Sera are already above your average Master-class fighter and still have room for improvement. Jinie isn't even considered a fodder Master, however. Her weakness will prove a hindrance as more and more elites appear.

Jinie is also an ideal trigger for Shioon to demonstrate knowing the Black Heaven technique that he inherited from GMR, which would legitimize his title as GMR's sole and rightful successor. That would parallel Part I's developments where the author spent the bulk of Part I detailing the relationship between Goomoonryong and Shiho only for it to end in tragedy; right now Jinie is Shioon's most developed relationship and it'll only continue growing as Part II continues. Right now no other plausible candidate would yield the same emotional reaction as Jinie.
This. Nice analysis, I feel the same. It could parallel nicely with Shioon losing a good friend, and contrasting how Shioon deals with a heartbreaking moment with how GMR dealt with it. The only thing that ruins this whole idea is if Shiho comes back alive, which would then probably lead to Jinie staying alive, even though having been pronounced dead for some time.

Eh, this is could be just another comic that is dangerously destroying death.

Jinie only stays alive if there is a part 3. Where there is extensive training for her (years), and where Kwon now recognizes her as family. Obviously that's happened, but as events start to unfold quickly, she definitely doesn't have enough time to grow, as Shioon does for instance.
Retcon_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 06:52   Link #1771
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I like to point out that there IS another girl that's weaker than Jinie. You know, the normal girl who's been in since part 1, since everyone seems hellbent on analysing why Jinie is slated to die cause she's weaker than everyone else.
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 16:27   Link #1772
Richocet
Lover of Purity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I still don't understand y people r so hung up on her dying...what possible reason could she have to die now???
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 16:34   Link #1773
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Germany
Age: 33
I don't want her do die.
Not at all. Actually I feel like dropping this, if he really pulls that.

But I've been burned before. So it might be possible.

On the other hand, this makes reading new chapters more interesting.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 17:02   Link #1774
Lummie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
I still don't understand y people r so hung up on her dying...what possible reason could she have to die now???
The others mentioned the main points already but it's mainly because people think it's too suspicious how the author's been too fixated on developing her character. In fact, what we've seen so far from season 2 is more about her than Shioon.

It's like Ace from One Piece. The author developed his character only to take away his life at the end so Luffy could grow as character. In Jinie's case, if he took away her life at the end, that would cause much more emotional impact on the main character and namely the readers than if the author were to chose Saehee for example. Hence why people are already prepared for the death flag.

Either way, I still think it's going to be Yi Gyu-Bum.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 17:12   Link #1775
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
If he was going to kill Jinie off so Shioon could grow. He would have done it with this past little arc. Although not sure why that would make much of a difference since he's already busting his ass training...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 17:19   Link #1776
Richocet
Lover of Purity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
The others mentioned the main points already but it's mainly because people think it's too suspicious how the author's been too fixated on developing her character. In fact, what we've seen so far from season 2 is more about her than Shioon.

It's like Ace from One Piece. The author developed his character only to take away his life at the end so Luffy could grow as character. In Jinie's case, if he took away her life at the end, that would cause much more emotional impact on the main character and namely the readers than if the author were to chose Saehee for example. Hence why people are already prepared for the death flag.

Either way, I still think it's going to be Yi Gyu-Bum.
That is really just messed up. I recall some1 saying this tht if thy really want to hurt n make him grow the one closest to him and his only family is his mom, n she should be killed. Killing Jinnie now would be just pointless since he would then also just end up like GMR or sumthing.
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 17:22   Link #1777
Lummie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
If he was going to kill Jinie off so Shioon could grow. He would have done it with this past little arc. Although not sure why that would make much of a difference since he's already busting his ass training...
I think it's more of an event suitable after he gets rid of the SUC to renew his resolve. The Ogre from season 1 told 9AD that they wish to see someone who would break the cursed rules of the Murim. Her death could lead to him taking that position of changing the Murim.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 17:37   Link #1778
Richocet
Lover of Purity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
I think it's more of an event suitable after he gets rid of the SUC to renew his resolve. The Ogre from season 1 told 9AD that they wish to see someone who would break the cursed rules of the Murim. Her death could lead to him taking that position of changing the Murim.
But I believe tht while he is still facing them off he will gain his resolve when he learns of what his teacher has been doing. Cuz that shock would work the same as seeing Jinie die, I think.
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 18:25   Link #1779
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
I think it's more of an event suitable after he gets rid of the SUC to renew his resolve. The Ogre from season 1 told 9AD that they wish to see someone who would break the cursed rules of the Murim. Her death could lead to him taking that position of changing the Murim.
Isn't he already doing that? I also don't see where this Jinie is going to die came from anyways. Other then just theory and speculation from others. There's been nothing to indicate otherwise. If anyone has the death flag hanging over their head it's his mother. Which would be nice to see what's going on with that topic...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 16:04   Link #1780
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Isn't he already doing that?
Whatever changes he brings, it's by being his kind self. He himself is rather directionless. He doesn't want to die, he doesn't want his friends to die, and I guess the SUC's use of 9AD's name pisses him off, but he just reacts to whatever the latest crisis is. He has no plan, no ambition beyond that. Maybe somebody's death could bring him that focus.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.