AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 63 45.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 32.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 12.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 7.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-26, 04:27   Link #121
Antera Caramichael
French Maid
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Poitiers; France
Age: 22
It is well known that the culprit is the mackerel =D
Antera Caramichael is offline  
Old 2009-09-26, 04:35   Link #122
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
I just thought of something...

Since Beatrice has henchmen that take the appearance of goats...does that mean when "unallowed to say her name" was the endless witch, were her henchmen mackerel? =P
__________________

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2009-09-26 at 04:49.
SilverSyko is offline  
Old 2009-09-26, 06:42   Link #123
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antera Caramichael View Post
It is well known that the culprit is the mackerel =D
or the parasite/micomachines inside the mackerel they eat! biological terrorism in another level!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I just thought of something...

Since Beatrice has henchmen that take the appearance of goats...does that mean when "unallowed to say her name" was the endless witch, were her henchmen mackerel? =P
omg, I cannot imagine mackerl-head henchmen...........
and they fight against the goat-heads........

someone draw a fanart plz
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline  
Old 2009-09-26, 14:26   Link #124
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Ummm saying that Kumasawa=Former Beatrice as a definitive conclusion is still a premature one at this point... just saying.
What do you expect people to think though? You telling me if you stopped at the point you would be saying the exact same thing? They have to wait a week, us VN players kept going and going. There was no way I would stop at the emergance of the other Beatrice while reading the VN. Heck I lost count of the times I said 20 mins more and than I'll sleep but I got to an interesting point and needed to find out more asap, this scene being an example of one of those times. Look at things from their perspective.
Westlo is offline  
Old 2009-09-26, 14:34   Link #125
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Well well, after all these episodes so far clearly showed witches, magic, demons, magic furnitures and so on. Hopefully things will become "less clear" with the next episode
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-09-26, 14:54   Link #126
Gohda
Magical Gohda Chef
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
I'm going to have to say 7/10. It was an ok episode.
I loved getting to know more about Beatrice living on the island, and I loved Kumasawa at the end.
The episode didn't answer much, but gave us a lot of questions instead, nothing wrong with that though. Good ep, looking forward ot the next one.
__________________
Gohda is offline  
Old 2009-09-26, 14:54   Link #127
DeadlySoldier37
The players president
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Annandale, Virginia
Age: 25
Another good episode. I'm a big fan of the seven sisters especially Lucifer. I never expected the old lady to be the former Beatrice, that was a surprise. But if she had strong magical powers all this time why did she kept getting killed off so easily? she didn't even put up a fight against Kanon.

Well it seems that there is going to be face off between former and current Beatrice really looking forward to that.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline  
Old 2009-09-26, 15:30   Link #128
Leinne
Who... am I?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Zaragoza, Spain
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySoldier37 View Post
Another good episode. I'm a big fan of the seven sisters especially Lucifer. I never expected the old lady to be the former Beatrice, that was a surprise. But if she had strong magical powers all this time why did she kept getting killed off so easily? she didn't even put up a fight against Kanon.

Well it seems that there is going to be face off between former and current Beatrice really looking forward to that.
You don't even know how much are VN expecting it having read the source material, it's REALLY good
__________________
Leinne is offline  
Old 2009-09-26, 16:05   Link #129
RikaNipah
Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Scotland.
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to RikaNipah
I know, I never expected Kumasawa to be the former Beatrice either.
Also, Rosa's becoming more interesting.. Well I think, I hope we get to know more about Beatrice when she was alive.
RikaNipah is offline  
Old 2009-09-26, 17:01   Link #130
Arbane the Terrible
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Well well, after all these episodes so far clearly showed witches, magic, demons, magic furnitures and so on. Hopefully things will become "less clear" with the next episode
This anime takes the idea of the "unreliable narrator" to a whole new level. The rule of thumb seems to be that unless Battler or meta-Battler sees it or it's in red text, don't assume what you're seeing is what really happened.

Otherwise, the witch's victory is assured.
Arbane the Terrible is offline  
Old 2009-09-26, 17:28   Link #131
RikaNipah
Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Scotland.
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to RikaNipah
Yeah, you can never trust Beatrice.
RikaNipah is offline  
Old 2009-09-26, 17:52   Link #132
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Netherlands / Turkey
Age: 26
Hmm.. An overall good episode. I was expecting more love from gohda scene..

After watching it the 2nd time, I've discovered something. Something that I have not realised when I was reading the VN... What I'm about to tell you is just my speculation, and although I've finished VN Ep 4, I honestly do not remember any speculations or facts that are explained in following chapters about my thoughs.

Spoiler for Ep 13 speculation:
__________________
Skullchukka is offline  
Old 2009-09-26, 17:58   Link #133
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullchukka View Post
Hmm.. An overall good episode. I was expecting more love from gohda scene..

After watching it the 2nd time, I've discovered something. Something that I have not realised when I was reading the VN... What I'm about to tell you is just my speculation, and although I've finished VN Ep 4, I honestly do not remember any speculations or facts that are explained in following chapters about my thoughs.

Spoiler for Ep 13 speculation:
"This" refers to the current game Rokkenjima. This is back in 1967. Only people on the island should be:

Kinzo, Genji, Krauss, Natsuhi and Rosa + a few servants

I didn't include the others and their spouses, because by that time they should have already moved out of Rokkenjima (Eva had George a few years before and Rudolf was going to be a father within a year). Of course there is the 'no more' to consider, but it does refer to the 3rd game Rokkenjima and not the flashback. Any red used in the meta-world counts for the current game and not for any other time, unless specified.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-09-26, 18:16   Link #134
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
She did, but Krauss and Natsuhi live on the island - so even if they're married they live on Rokkenjima, since Krauss has to take care of Kinzo until his death. By 1967 her and Krauss have been married for almost 12 years.
__________________

Sig by nocco

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2009-09-26 at 22:34.
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-09-26, 18:18   Link #135
RikaNipah
Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Scotland.
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to RikaNipah
Oh yeah.
Sorry, because the times are further back, I get confused.

Haha.
RikaNipah is offline  
Old 2009-09-27, 00:01   Link #136
Archon_Wing
Throw it on the ground
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySoldier37 View Post
Another good episode. I'm a big fan of the seven sisters especially Lucifer. I never expected the old lady to be the former Beatrice, that was a surprise. But if she had strong magical powers all this time why did she kept getting killed off so easily? she didn't even put up a fight against Kanon.

Well it seems that there is going to be face off between former and current Beatrice really looking forward to that.
Yea, I pretty much agree with all of that. How did former Beatrice get taken out by Kanon so easily before?

Beatrice was giving me Light vibes early in the episode. And the fights were pretty good this time, and the pacing was nice, good place to end the episode; gave it a 9,
__________________
You just try again... through the darkness.You just go away... the future is waiting for us!
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline  
Old 2009-09-27, 00:06   Link #137
Arbane the Terrible
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Yea, I pretty much agree with all of that. How did former Beatrice get taken out by Kanon so easily before?
The theory I've heard is that every time Beatrice wins a game, she can make more supernatural things (appear to) happen in the next one Such as all the craziness in the second arc, Ronove appearing, former-Beatrice awakening, and so on.
Arbane the Terrible is offline  
Old 2009-09-27, 05:28   Link #138
Arbane the Terrible
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Another random thought on re-watching this episode: According to Rosa, captive-Beatrice died from the cliff crumbling under her feet.

If you watch Rosa climbing down after her, Beatrice's body was a LONG way from the bottom of the cliff. Far enough you'd think she would have had to jump...

...or be pushed. Maybe Rosa has a good reason to be so guilt-stricken after all?
Arbane the Terrible is offline  
Old 2009-09-27, 06:05   Link #139
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbane the Terrible View Post
Another random thought on re-watching this episode: According to Rosa, captive-Beatrice died from the cliff crumbling under her feet.

If you watch Rosa climbing down after her, Beatrice's body was a LONG way from the bottom of the cliff. Far enough you'd think she would have had to jump...

...or be pushed. Maybe Rosa has a good reason to be so guilt-stricken after all?
Nah, Rosa was too far ahead imo. The cliff crumbled under Beatrice and she fell. It's not like her clothes and shoes were suitable for walking around on a cliff imo.
__________________
orion is offline  
Old 2009-09-27, 06:44   Link #140
urusai
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Could've been an overhanging cliff, or she bounced off the rocks like a pinball and rolled to where she ended up.
urusai is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.