AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

View Poll Results: Bakemonogatari - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 271 79.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 12.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 3.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 1.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 0.88%
Voters: 339. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-10, 15:52   Link #341
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstellar View Post
Lol.. gendou's va doing the part as the "irresponsible father" as the character puts it himself in the story.. funny.
I didn't realize that was Gendou's VA until you mentioned it... then I looked him up and realized he's also played the big imposing supporting character in a bunch of shows I've watched.
Old 2009-10-10, 22:11   Link #342
jtstellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I didn't realize that was Gendou's VA until you mentioned it... then I looked him up and realized he's also played the big imposing supporting character in a bunch of shows I've watched.
lol ya.. he's almost been stereotyped into being the most representative voice for all commander/mean father type characters.. he's been asked by different directors to do that parody so many times in other animes.. another one that i know of was in an episode of gintama. he probably enjoys it though, all the other characters from eva could've done the same if they liked it as much, so he probably did that on his own will. his original unaltered voice for gendou is probably more valuable than all his other vocal talent right now as i'm sure he can change his voice if he wants to.. considering all va's do.. but he doesn't even need to learn new voices now.. lol.

i wonder what his kids think when they see eva.
jtstellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 22:31   Link #343
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstellar View Post
i wonder what his kids think when they see eva.
Oh god can you imagine having Gendou's voice for a father... XD I think I'd be traumatized if I was his kid and I watched Eva...

I remember one of the aforementioned shows in which he shows up as a supporting character, I even though "his voice and name sort of remind me of Gendou"... but I didn't check.

... straying off-topic here, so yeah, a fitting choice for Hitagi's father.
Old 2009-10-13, 00:27   Link #344
Ottocycle

Nah..now everyone who keeps up with current kids' TV slots and liked Eva know that he voices USB sticks in the tokusatsu show Kamen Rider W which is currently airing.

USB sticks!

I do think the sound director who works with SHAFT/Shinbou has a list of actors who will always be appointed for their shows. And he's the big burly guy typecast for them, presumably. Kamiya and Saitou each have at least three lead roles in SHAFTxShinbou shows (including Bakemonogatari), IIRC.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 15:07   Link #345
FlashFumo
Wait, what?

Well, I just watched this episode. The chemistry between Koyomi and Hitagi is ever so amusing to watch.
Old 2009-10-14, 01:55   Link #346
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Thumbs up A very easy 10!

This episode is perfect. The scenes throughout are well done (great dialogue, artwork, and great music). Two particular scenes (guess which ones?) are definitely some of my most memorable moments in anime.
Old 2009-10-26, 10:03   Link #347
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
This episode IS the best episode of any anime I've seen all year(even more than Phantom's eps). Koyomi and Hitagi have such great chemistry together. Hitagi was so electrifyingly seductive, even I was getting turned on . Then everytime she'd say something, Koyomi would look at her father. I was grinning the entire time! For a moment though[in prev eps], I was getting the impression that Koyomi didn't reciprocate Hitagi's feelings. Actually, i still feel that way(his "I love everything about you" line makes me think this, since guys say this to avoid a woman's scorn). In fact, looking back on everything, it made it more like Hitagi subtly FORCED Koyomi to become her boyfriend .

Also I'm kinda dissappointed the Koyomi vs. Shinobu thing isn't going to be animated. The action in the beg of the 1st ep looked awesome, and I'd love to see Koyomi at full power.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 10:36   Link #348
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Also I'm kinda dissappointed the Koyomi vs. Shinobu thing isn't going to be animated. The action in the beg of the 1st ep looked awesome, and I'd love to see Koyomi at full power.
Not gonna be animated yet... but it's almost guaranteed considering how well Bake's doing that Kizumonogatari's getting animated at some point.
Old 2009-10-26, 10:51   Link #349
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Actually, i still feel that way(his "I love everything about you" line makes me think this, since guys say this to avoid a woman's scorn).

I took his "I love everything about you" as a response to her when she said that helping you study, her cute junior, her blunt father and this starry sky are "everything" which she could give to him. Yeah, it might not sound so impressive but the idea behind it was very touching. IMO

We all hoped that Shaft will also animate Kizumonogatari. I think that it's just a matter of time when next season will be announced. Interesting enough, the domain KIZUMONOGATARI.COM has already been registered. But it will re-direct to Amazon page.

http://www.checkdomain.com/cgi-bin/c...ONOGATARI.COM+
Old 2009-10-26, 21:57   Link #350
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
We all hoped that Shaft will also animate Kizumonogatari. I think that it's just a matter of time when next season will be announced. Interesting enough, the domain KIZUMONOGATARI.COM has already been registered. But it will re-direct to Amazon page.

http://www.checkdomain.com/cgi-bin/c...ONOGATARI.COM+
I don't think it's any sort of indication that the other book series will be animated. This is more likely just a precautionary measure to prevent squatters from taking it over, back when the books (or show) were released. Besides, it's not even registered to Aniplex, like how bakemonogatari.com is.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 06:32   Link #351
zato_1one

I agree that it's a precaution. It was created on 2009-10-08 (Kizumonogatari book was published in 2008) which was after when the sales of first DVD/BD were revealed. About the registered company, I'm not sure if the real information is masked or not. If I'm not wrong. GMO Internet is a domain registration company and Bakemonogatari also uses their service. I don't know what's the reason for them to register this domain by themselves.

Of course, this can be a prank. Someone else might register it to tease us.
Old 2009-10-27, 22:17   Link #352
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
i loved this episode so much it had me laughing histerically with the interaction of Hitagi and Koyoimi in the car andi also loved how it ended with them on the blanket gazing at the stars together.
Old 2009-11-04, 17:09   Link #353
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Finished watching this episode today... and wow. It is just going to be impossible to top this episode. In fact, it's one of the best episodes of any series that I've seen in a very long time. It was absolutely beautiful (that, and perhaps my craving for Senjougahara may have something to do with it...)

I'm going to have to give this a 15/10 now... or just say it's Over 9000

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 07:45   Link #354
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
finished this exp just 5 minutes ago, OMG MAKES ME /melt. At first I didn't expect the driver is her dad, just her personal driver or something. Haven't seen Hitagi for a while and this episode top'ed my every expectations omgz. The hand movement and the ear biting move are such killer seductive moves, every girls take notes ok

I am so tempted to one day, when I have a girl friend, will pick a beautiful place, just lying there hand in hand watching the starry sky together,

over 9000/10.

Thank you whoever you are, the guy in Kämpfer thread that made the comparison between Shizuku Sangō and Hitagi. Since I like Shizuku so much so I decided to check this series out and it was such a pleasurable experience watching this very enjoyable series, especially eps 1-2 and 12.
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 08:01   Link #355
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
finished this exp just 5 minutes ago, OMG MAKES ME /melt. At first I didn't expect the driver is her dad, just her personal driver or something. Haven't seen Hitagi for a while and this episode top'ed my every expectations omgz. The hand movement and the ear biting move are such killer seductive moves, every girls take notes ok

I am so tempted to one day, when I have a girl friend, will pick a beautiful place, just lying there hand in hand watching the starry sky together,

over 9000/10.

Thank you whoever you are, the guy in Kämpfer thread that made the comparison between Shizuku Sangō and Hitagi. Since I like Shizuku so much so I decided to check this series out and it was such a pleasurable experience watching this very enjoyable series, especially eps 1-2 and 12.
Your welcome....
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 12:07   Link #356
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS

Have just watched this ep because i knew i can't wait that long for ep 13.... and wow, considering the episode rating, i must be pretty close to mainstream.....

One of the best anime episode around. I will still rank it 2nd, after ep 5, but i'm seriously happy that i checked out Bakemonogatari. Hitagi really showed why she's the main female lead

SHAFT better keep up with the spirit from now on ^^
Old 2009-11-14, 00:09   Link #357
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
and wow, considering the episode rating, i must be pretty close to mainstream.....
219 of 269 people thought this episode is a of 10 out of 10. That's 81% of the voters who think this show is perfect, pretty impressive stat
Old 2009-11-25, 00:43   Link #358
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitagiIsHot View Post
219 of 269 people thought this episode is a of 10 out of 10. That's 81% of the voters who think this show is perfect, pretty impressive stat
With how amazing Hitagi was in how can any other rating being expected, and it is definitely my favorite episode from the series so far, and not sure last two will be able to top it.
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 06:39   Link #359
kamikazex

same for me also my favorite episode of the series
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 23:39   Link #360
BigSky
Death & Rebirth

Beautiful final, perfect is not enough

11/10