AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-15, 01:05   Link #1
ReinZwei
南宮 那月
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: こころ
Age: 24
Fujimi Fantasia Bunko Discussion Thread [Light Novel Imprint]




Fujimi Fantasia Bunko (富士見ファンタジア文庫) is a publishing imprint affiliated with the Japanese publishing company Fujimi Shobo.

Fujimi Fantasia is known for the titles like (Full Metal Panic, Date-a-Live, Regios, DxD, Itsuten, etc.)



This thread is created to discuss some of the news, topics, newest and old releases/d under these imprint that has no specific thread.

For those LN readers who knew some titles that's never been popular but under this imprint who wants to people be enlightened good or bad, or anything that you want to suggest that have to do under this LN imprint, feel free to do so.
__________________
Vocaloid Thread
______________________
Signature: 腐った林檎と吸血鬼
______________________
Manga/LN Sites:
Baka-Tsuki
Mangaupdates
______________________
ReinZwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 07:45   Link #2
Asada Shino
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Nara Prefect (奈良県)
This imprint is my favorite among the rest even against the giant which is dengeki (aside from SaO).

The most notable among this imprint that many animes that came from this company/publisher were a potentially wasted one like Itsuten, date-a-live, even the current Sunday without God.

Reason were most of them were only ran in a 1 cour slot.
Asada Shino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 08:26   Link #3
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
Coming up next: Tokyo Ravens.

To-be-owner of the longest LN series: DenYuuDen.
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 10:43   Link #4
Sacredus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Poland
Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu? And longest LN series is Guin Saga (130 volumes).
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 16:30   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asada Shino View Post
The most notable among this imprint that many animes that came from this company/publisher were a potentially wasted one like Itsuten, date-a-live, even the current Sunday without God.
For some reason they seem to have bad luck with their Animes.

The problem is not that they were 1 cour series, but rather they have really butchered/accelerated plots. Itsuten and Denyuuden are the more prominent victim and date-a-live also suffers a bit from that. But the difference is that date-a-live and the more successful DxD can pretty much carry themselves with fanservice alone.

Oh FMP, how's that final season coming along ?
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 16:36   Link #6
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
That was low. And I don't even follow FMP.

That being said I'd far prefer KyoAni work on Haruhi, if Aya has gotten over her problems (seems to be doing pretty well recently).
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 17:07   Link #7
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
That was low. And I don't even follow FMP.
FMP final season > Shana final season

...Oh wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
That being said I'd far prefer KyoAni work on Haruhi, if Aya has gotten over her problems (seems to be doing pretty well recently).
The LN for Haruhi seems to be taking a long time as well.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 17:10   Link #8
Asada Shino
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Nara Prefect (奈良県)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
For some reason they seem to have bad luck with their Animes.

The problem is not that they were 1 cour series, but rather they have really butchered/accelerated plots. Itsuten and Denyuuden are the more prominent victim and date-a-live also suffers a bit from that. But the difference is that date-a-live and the more successful DxD can pretty much carry themselves with fanservice alone.

Oh FMP, how's that final season coming along ?
Sadly, that's true but admitting it most of the series here have the potential to be a great series if given the right amount of time to explore the novel more deeply Nobuna is also a sample wherein One cour doesn't make enough sense. Itsuten was only butchered with a lots of pantsu shots

Hoping that D-a-L will have a second cour since I think the adaptation isn't that bad at all.
Asada Shino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 21:36   Link #9
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
For some reason they seem to have bad luck with their Animes.

The problem is not that they were 1 cour series, but rather they have really butchered/accelerated plots. Itsuten and Denyuuden are the more prominent victim and date-a-live also suffers a bit from that. But the difference is that date-a-live and the more successful DxD can pretty much carry themselves with fanservice alone.

Oh FMP, how's that final season coming along ?
not so bad, just bad choice of director who thought the LN content is too high.
Denyuuden, DAL and Kami inai fall barely into the realm of acceptable, DAl was quite good actually, but for series likeItsuten who heavy rely on twist and plot the moment they going for original and cutting part, it's over.
dragon1412 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 22:00   Link #10
JoksPacifist
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Brazil
Doesn't Date a live second season/four got confirmed ?

Also, did anyone read this ?
http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/201305guilty/
I can barely understand what's written but those illustrations sure got my atention.
JoksPacifist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 22:30   Link #11
cloud04
Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoksPacifist View Post
Doesn't Date a live second season/four got confirmed ?

Also, did anyone read this ?
http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/201305guilty/
I can barely understand what's written but those illustrations sure got my atention.
Guilty Black & Red..there's public raws of that
__________________
cloud04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 23:50   Link #12
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Something about the legendary Vampire that killed 1 000 000 people?
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 23:53   Link #13
JoksPacifist
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
Guilty Black & Red..there's public raws of that
The thing is, i can't read japanese, so i was wodering if a kind soul would give an idea what is like.
__________________
JoksPacifist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 23:54   Link #14
cloud04
Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoksPacifist View Post
The thing is, i can't read japanese, so i was wodering if a kind soul would give an idea what is like.
oh that i cant help you XD
__________________
cloud04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 00:17   Link #15
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu? And longest LN series is Guin Saga (130 volumes).
...I knew I was forgetting something... >.<
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 01:48   Link #16
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Longest on-going series then
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 03:34   Link #17
Asada Shino
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Nara Prefect (奈良県)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
but for series likeItsuten who heavy rely on twist and plot the moment they going for original and cutting part, it's over.
Lol about this one, I think many fans of the series became hot blooded at that time for ruining their fave LN book.

btw what nom@n said at the light novel release thread about letting you read 1 volume from fantasia, is quite a nice feature on their site, rin and burgundy are currently free right now.

Hopefully that other bunko sites have this feature as well
Asada Shino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 04:24   Link #18
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
not so bad, just bad choice of director who thought the LN content is too high.
Denyuuden, DAL and Kami inai fall barely into the realm of acceptable, DAl was quite good actually, but for series likeItsuten who heavy rely on twist and plot the moment they going for original and cutting part, it's over.
DenyuuDen can get a bit confusing.

DaL.... lets face it, as long as the girls are cute it passes the test.

Kami requires a lot of "erm okay, I guess she has bullet time now or something" Suspension.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 11:20   Link #19
ReinZwei
南宮 那月
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: こころ
Age: 24
I'm hoping that Regios' will be continued. They already have a lot of materials to keep it up, also for Kami Inai, it seems that they sped up the pace that's why it became confusing.

Only if they treat it well, some of the series can be on par with dengeki's popular title.

BTW for me FMP is their superior title on this imprint, really loved that one, plus KyoAni adapted it at the remaining last season so quality became a top notch one.

If JC staff adapts dengeki what if KyoANi adapts Fantasia (though I knew that's a milestone to happen since KyoAni have their own publishing division right now)
__________________
Vocaloid Thread
______________________
Signature: 腐った林檎と吸血鬼
______________________
Manga/LN Sites:
Baka-Tsuki
Mangaupdates
______________________
ReinZwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 04:17   Link #20
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
DenyuuDen can get a bit confusing.

DaL.... lets face it, as long as the girls are cute it passes the test.

Kami requires a lot of "erm okay, I guess she has bullet time now or something" Suspension.
What test?

Looking forward to November.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
publisher/imprint, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.