AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-29, 05:35   Link #21
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 25
*fires up Stalker and spams print screen*

At these times I'm glad Red Forest is so extremely scary at night.
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline  
Old 2009-09-29, 11:53   Link #22
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
@Evil Rick thisd is quite a interesting render but it shouls be more present/seen on the sig. For now, some of it'S part are just lost on the surrounding black.

My first try, I hope it fit the theme. C&C are welcome
Heh, good picture used, although it just looks like the picture cropped. Some efects would not be that bad.
__________________
Evil Rick is offline  
Old 2009-09-29, 17:29   Link #23
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Behind you >:)
Age: 17
Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Render looks kinda odd, like it needs to be blended into the background more epsc around her hair. Blood is nice I have a feeling we'll be seeing alot of Rena.
Hows this?


Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
One thing than I would add to what White Manju Bun said, but her eyes are soo blue so diffenrt of the rest of the sig than it's catching my attention ( it could be a good thing or not I am not sure...)
I thought the blue was really effective with the sig since it gives the "creppy" look. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Well, yeah, the render should be bleneded more, you know? In these cases having the render in grayscales opnly with the intense red of the blood turns out to be very efective.
I re did the sig and added greyscale to the whole thing and added some red.
Thanks to your suggestion it looked totaly kick ass.
I was almost done but then photoshop crashed on me so i don't have the file anymore, I'll re do it as soon as I have time and put it up here. >.>

@ganbaru I agree it looks really cropped plus the green in the corner (?????) is ruining it. .-.
__________________

Chaho-Chi is offline  
Old 2009-09-29, 22:16   Link #24
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Thank for the comment ( BTW the green at the corner was a part of her wing). I don't really know how the lend flare or lightning effect would work on this background ( it's composed of 4 layers of brush ( different colors,brushs and level of oppacity) and 1 of text ( too small top be read) ) so I tried some idea ( makeing the text more present, lowing the oppacity of the render etc... ) C&C would be welcome

Previous version:

( I really hope it's stopped to look cropped )
__________________

ganbaru is offline  
Old 2009-09-29, 23:12   Link #25
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu-smepai View Post

I re did the sig and added greyscale to the whole thing and added some red.
Thanks to your suggestion it looked totaly kick ass.
I was almost done but then photoshop crashed on me so i don't have the file anymore, I'll re do it as soon as I have time and put it up here. >.>
I'm looking forward to see that version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Thank for the comment ( BTW the green at the corner was a part of her wing). I don't really know how the lend flare or lightning effect would work on this background ( it's composed of 4 layers of brush ( different colors,brushs and level of oppacity) and 1 of text ( too small top be read) ) so I tried some idea ( makeing the text more present, lowing the oppacity of the render etc... ) C&C would be welcome

Previous version:

( I really hope it's stopped to look cropped )
Well, to be honest, I can't see much diference between the two works.

You know what could help? Layer/ New Adjustment Layer/ Gradient map. Set it as Overlay and use Black and red as colors. If the result it's not good, un-do it and redo it experimenting a bit.
__________________
Evil Rick is offline  
Old 2009-09-30, 09:22   Link #26
Frailty
Half-yōkai
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
the hell? I didn't get to vote and run for sept sotm XD
pretty busy

our country was hit by an imba storm ><
hopefully, I can join this month
__________________

Frailty is offline  
Old 2009-09-30, 09:26   Link #27
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Sorry to sound like a idiot but what's overlay? Unless I missed it I don't have this option when I opened the gradiat map window...

Anyway for the 3th version I tried a gradiant map black to red at low oppacity , reworked the background and added a text layer just few 喉( throat) .C&C would be welcome.

previous versions:


__________________

ganbaru is offline  
Old 2009-09-30, 10:17   Link #28
Risa chan
Watcher
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: who knows.. where you're thinking
well i'd like to try even if it's quite hard for me to find a Insane picture, if it's not Flandre scarlet.

I wanted to know, even if i'm sure it won't work, it this was avaible.




I also tried to do something with my drawing, but i don't think it's spooky enough and i can't do it under limit size
http://xxxrisachanxxx.deviantart.com...-T-H-138335189


so is a picture like this enough?

Spoiler for d:
__________________

Last edited by Risa chan; 2009-09-30 at 14:11.
Risa chan is offline  
Old 2009-09-30, 10:52   Link #29
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Sorry to sound like a idiot but what's overlay? Unless I missed it I don't have this option when I opened the gradiat map window...
Overlay itself is a blending option. But I'm pretty sure Rick meant it with this:




Quote:
Originally Posted by Risa chan View Post
well i'd like to try even if it's quite hard for me to find a Insane picture, if it's not Flandre scarlet.

I wanted to know, even if i'm sure it won't work, it this was avaible.



That's pretty nice.

Quote:

I also tried to do something with my drawing, but i don't think it's spooky enough and i can't do it under limit size
http://xxxrisachanxxx.deviantart.com...-T-H-138335189

It's spooky enough therefore it passes.

Quote:

so is a picture like this enough?

Spoiler for d:

Same can be said about that.

Quote:

And isn't it Too GURO?

Spoiler for picture Guro:
Last picture is a bit too guro. Personally it wouldn't bother me that much, but since there are rather young people on this board, i'd rather not allow it.
__________________
Eps~ is offline  
Old 2009-09-30, 14:01   Link #30
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Sorry to sound like a idiot but what's overlay? Unless I missed it I don't have this option when I opened the gradiat map window...

Anyway for the 3th version I tried a gradiant map black to red at low oppacity , reworked the background and added a text layer just few 喉( throat) .C&C would be welcome.

previous versions:


Overlay is a way to set the layer' blending in relation to the one below, on the layers window check out the upper square at the upper left, it probably says "normal", here is where you can set it as Overlay or several other styles of blending. It's all about experimante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risa chan View Post

Hmmm... the one with the red glowing eyes doesn't look very convincent, I think that the one without the eye glowing is better.

Quote:
I also tried to do something with my drawing, but i don't think it's spooky enough and i can't do it under limit size
http://xxxrisachanxxx.deviantart.com...-T-H-138335189
I think the animation is rather confusing and that it's too dark. :/

Quote:
so is a picture like this enough?

Spoiler for d:
Yeah, I find it good.

Quote:
And isn't it Too GURO?

Spoiler for picture Guro:
[/QUOTE]

Honestly I think this one goes over the AS limits. This are forums open for all ages after all.

Remember, spooky/horror is not the same as gross.
__________________
Evil Rick is offline  
Old 2009-09-30, 14:45   Link #31
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Okaaayyy, here goes my first try.



To be honest, I'm finding this theme to be much harder than I expected it to be when I first read it.

Comments?
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline  
Old 2009-09-30, 15:17   Link #32
White Manju Bun
Sempa.......
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Okaaayyy, here goes my first try.



To be honest, I'm finding this theme to be much harder than I expected it to be when I first read it.

Comments?
Too...much...yellow...
__________________
Break - Pandora HeartsManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline  
Old 2009-09-30, 15:38   Link #33
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Okaaayyy, here goes my first try.



To be honest, I'm finding this theme to be much harder than I expected it to be when I first read it.

Comments?
What manju said, also, the text is not in the correct plae tbh
__________________
Evil Rick is offline  
Old 2009-09-30, 15:41   Link #34
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Too...much...yellow...
The yellow was inspired by the original pic which had the couple outlined in yellow. I enhanced it and followed suit with the yellow around the text. Do you have an alternate color you would suggest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
What manju said, also, the text is not in the correct plae tbh
The text placement was chosen to (1) not obscure any major facial feature and (2) highlight the vampire's mouth and tongue by placing the words around the tongue. Was that the best place given those requirements? I guess not.

See? I said I was having trouble with this theme.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list

Last edited by LKK; 2009-09-30 at 15:46. Reason: added comment to Rick
LKK is offline  
Old 2009-09-30, 15:50   Link #35
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
The yellow was inspired by the original pic which had the couple outlined in yellow. I enhanced it and followed suit with the yellow around the text. Do you have an alternate color you would suggest?
Yeah, NOONE. When you work a transparent bg sig or ava, adding an outline color is not a good idea.


Quote:
The text placement was chosen to (1) not obscure any major facial feature and (2) highlight the vampire's mouth and tongue by placing the words around the tongue. Was that the best place given those requirements? I guess not.

See? I said I was having trouble with this theme.
The taxt doesn't highlight the vampire's toung, the yellow outline of the text drags all the atention to the text and not to the pic behind. Also, perhaps you were looking to higlight the toung by ading the text around it, but with this, you covered the girl's face. When you cover an especific part of the body with text, the text immediatlky gets more atention than the render.
__________________

Last edited by Evil Rick; 2009-09-30 at 16:14.
Evil Rick is offline  
Old 2009-09-30, 16:00   Link #36
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Thanks for the additional feedback, Rick. I'll think on your suggestions and see what develops.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline  
Old 2009-09-30, 16:31   Link #37
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Behind you >:)
Age: 17
Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
Spoiler for BEHOLD!:
__________________

Chaho-Chi is offline  
Old 2009-09-30, 21:53   Link #38
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Risa chan I prefer the one with both eye ( about the first one, it look like a brush or a spot of red but not a glowing eye
LKK the yellow and the text are issue already said but I also wonder about the use of transparency, as the render are cut both at the bottom and the top.
Ayu-smepai it's not as bad as you seem to think. I would add spme of the red of the previous version but keep most of the balck and the blue eyes.
__________________

ganbaru is offline  
Old 2009-09-30, 23:08   Link #39
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu-smepai View Post
Spoiler for BEHOLD!:
Change the color of the eyss to red and add the red of the blood for a more scary result.
__________________
Evil Rick is offline  
Old 2009-10-01, 01:55   Link #40
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: England
Age: 20
ayu!! red eyes!!!!

blue just isn't scary enough!
__________________

Miko Miko is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
contest, sotm

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.