AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-10-02, 05:08   Link #181
andy

People die in OP all the time , like in this war . A whole bunch of fodder die already . But oda does not kill names chars that have been around for a while .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 06:18   Link #182
SuperiorX

Kuma a former Yonkou???
SuperiorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 08:21   Link #183
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm just glad to see that your faith in Moria has been restored. Here's to hoping he strikes back against Jinbei next chapter, eh?

In fact, Moria somewhat has an advantage over Jinbei already: If he can prevent him from reaching the ocean, then he won't be as troublesome since Jinbei is less powerful on land. If it's really true that Moria can also gain new abilities from the shadows he absorbs (and I don't see any reason why that shouldn't be possible), then he should be a decent match for the yakuza/knight of the sea. I eagerly await to see how Oda will handle this battle next chapter.......

By the way, even if Ivankov was called a commander of the revolutionary army, I don't think that really means he's the absolute leader. For all we know, Dragon has his army split up into several divisions (like Whitebeard's crew), and Iva just so happens to be one of many division commanders.....
Poor moria in this chapter... hope he will cool down and comeback with a better strategy...he have many advantage and various trick or skill to use and yet we didn't see any good progression during his fight with Jinbei...

in fact that by absorbing someone shadow he will gain a plus skill (not an ability) that left by the owner of the shadow... like we already see in nightmare luffy with a swordman shadow...

the poor thing is Moria need to find a shadow of strong person like if he can find a shadow of an VA class it would be a big boost to his power....and that would be a little difficult to find...

It makes me terrified to see Boa getting anger upon smoker (now I see why she could became one of the seven warlord)........

I wonder if she can ever let anyone touch luffy after the war is over....

zshuuu... why is pandaman always have a(tiiiiiiny spot) but I can find Mr 1. since the falling entance....

Last edited by nicepace; 2009-10-02 at 08:41. Reason: pandaman
nicepace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 09:37   Link #184
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Come on people. When did Luffy had any practice for Haki? The only time he used his Haki was when he was super serious. Of course he would get owned by Smoker still.
When has Luffy ever practiced any of the abilities he's used? One Piece isn't like other series. They don't show people training, aside from Zoro who is always training. When did Luffy ever practice Gear Third? It was just suddenly there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Have you forgotten the time when Sanji brutally murdered the Unluckies?
Also, Roger died
It's very possible the Unluckies didn't die. If Pell somehow survived a point blank explosion from a bomb meant to level a city. Anything is possible.

To date the only deaths shown have been in flashbacks.
Old 2009-10-02, 11:53   Link #185
Battler-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
@Battler-kun: Last we saw, he was fighting against the 3rd captain of the WB pirates, a diamond-fruit user. Though if I hadn't known any better I'll probably say the same things as well XD

Well, if you mean sending the one slash a fight.... or i missed something the last chapters.

I think Oda doesn't know what to do with Mihawk either.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 12:08   Link #186
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Well, if you mean sending the one slash a fight.... or i missed something the last chapters.

I think Oda doesn't know what to do with Mihawk either.
Why does Mihawk need to fight anyway? Mihawk is a close buddy of Shanks. Given how Shanks is supportive of WhiteBeard's saving Ace (by holding off Kaidou), Mihawk might have no reason in getting deep into the war.

I imagine that Shanks already told him about Luffy-Ace relationship, and that Mihawk merely shows up in the Marine HQ so that he won't lose his position. Similar to Hancock in previous chapters, he won't attack unless for self-defense (the one slash was just due to personal interest/testing).

We know that the war participants are steering clear of the Shichibukai if possible. Just look at Iva - Kuma - DoFla panel or Jinbei - Moria panel, they are simply devoid of whitebeard/marine fodders in this jam-packed battleground. Without anyone attacking, I doubt we will see any more Mihawk fighting.

BTW, Sengoku doesn't seem to relay his strategy to the Shichibukais. I wonder is he's intending to eliminate them as well.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 13:06   Link #187
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Have you forgotten the time when Sanji brutally murdered the Unluckies?
Also, Roger died

Someone already mentioned the Unluckies' survival, but I just wanted to add that the both of them are briefly seen in Golden Week's ministory, so they're very much alive.

Uh.... but once again I must point out that Doflamingo seems to be sitting on a pile of corpses at the end of the chapter, so make of that what you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Rayleigh is called 'Meiou Rayleigh', 'Meiou' is the Japanese name for 'King of Hell' or 'Hades'. So Rayleigh is actually 'King of Hell - Rayleigh', which is much more fearsome than 'Dark King'.

Actually, when Rayleigh's title was first revealed I considered calling him "Satan" Rayleigh myself (seeing as that's probably the closest English equivalent of "king of Hell" there is), but I guess I just got too used to the Dark King translation. I agree that "Hell King Rayleigh" sounds more badass, though.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-10-02 at 13:19.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 13:22   Link #188
valk0v

OMG
I think Zoro is on Mihawk island - it's obvious with that crossed stone
What do you think
valk0v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 13:32   Link #189
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk0v View Post
OMG
I think Zoro is on Mihawk island - it's obvious with that crossed stone
What do you think
Zoro landed on same island with Perona, also I dont think Mihawk has really home island, I think he just drifts across seas sleeping and fighting when he is wants.

Well it appears that main faith of OP world seems to be christianity or similar with it.

They use same kind of churches,crosses and priests as catholics use in our world.

Also when dead are buried they are having cross like tombstones what symbolises cross where Jesus died.

I think that Oda wanted to have OP world have some kind of religion so he borrowed from Catholic faith from our world.

I guess religion in OP is just set by 'default' and have no actual deeper meaning besides offering people ceremonies to weddings and funerals.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 16:40   Link #190
james0246

^I doubt it is even that deep. It seems more likely that Oda uses simple religious iconography that anyone can readily identify.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 17:32   Link #191
noktown

Yeah i don't think like there's any deep meaning behind religion in OP,actually in any manga/anime there is nothing deep about religion they just show that they did not ignore this part.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 18:07   Link #192
Battler-kun

@p-kun:

Besides showing his skills in a fight he is a pretty empty character.

His only reason of existence is to keep Zoro's dream alive and become stronger than him one day.

Mihawk was introduced pretty early. Up until know we saw almost nothing and know nothing about him.

It is like an empty shell, a hyped one too.

I am getting more and more impatient about him and also somehow tired.

The rest of the Shibukai are getting more screen/pagetime.

That's why i said that Oda doesn't know what to do with him either except bein Zoro's prey.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 18:18   Link #193
andy

Well you can't have mihawk losing before he face zoro unless that person then become best swordsman in the world. Plus there so much people in this fight that you can't show everyone every chapter . The most important people are the ones that are going to help luffy so you show them. Unless mihawk just change sides.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 20:08   Link #194
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Come on people. When did Luffy had any practice for Haki? The only time he used his Haki was when he was super serious. Of course he would get owned by Smoker still.
Most likely, he also hadn't practiced for gear 2 or gear 3 before he used them. So, for him, a few keywords might do the trick. Until now, he didn't really have a need to do that. Right now, he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Well you can't have mihawk losing before he face zoro unless that person then become best swordsman in the world. Plus there so much people in this fight that you can't show everyone every chapter . The most important people are the ones that are going to help luffy so you show them. Unless mihawk just change sides.
Maybe another will appear who is as strong as Mihawk or even stronger than him. And if that is also approved by people who are familiar to both, then I don't see any problem. That person would be enough for Zoro to show his skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
I think Kuma already knew what Vegapunk was going to do with him but he knew he could not stop it anymore.

I think Kuma is really dead,only parts of his body is left fused with metallic exoskeleton. I am pretty sure that only diffrence with PX-units and Kuma is that Kuma still have his paw-paw devil fruit.

Also I dont really think its possible to give PX-units Paw-paw devil fruit powers since only one devil fruit can excist at same time and giving robots lasers and giving them paw paw powers is totally diffrent thing.
If Kuma knew what would happen to him, he would have stopped his mission there, especially if he is a member of Dragon's army. There is nothing worse than turning his weapons against the people who really want to work for, with no conscious to stop it.

What I found strange is Doflamingo's comments. Kuma that we knew from a week ago, and the Kuma that we see now. If something happened to the most recent talking one, it should have happened during that one week period.

But it is really difficult to understand how Doflamingo would know what happened during this period. It is not like the WG would give information like this one to a person like him. So, if Doflamingo refers to something that happened earlier, based on an information he strangely heard sometime during the last few years, then the change he refers to would likely cover the time before one week ago. And that would mean, nothing has changed compared to the time we last saw Kuma facing Strawhats.

Last edited by Fipskuul; 2009-10-02 at 20:19.
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 09:00   Link #195
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Maybe another will appear who is as strong as Mihawk or even stronger than him. And if that is also approved by people who are familiar to both, then I don't see any problem. That person would be enough for Zoro to show his skills.
After being established as Zoro's ultimate goal since the beginning of the story? To quote Phenomenal, that would be bad writing.
Old 2009-10-03, 09:50   Link #196
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
After being established as Zoro's ultimate goal since the beginning of the story? To quote Phenomenal, that would be bad writing.
I wouldn't mind if its another known rival of Zoro that defeated Mihawk. But since there isn't anyone at the moment, I have to agree with you.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 10:07   Link #197
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

Quote:
That would have been the case, if we hadn't observed Mihawk's actions against Whitebeard. To see how far he has come in total fighting strength compared to the strongest man in the world. It wasn't about swords at all.
Old 2009-10-03, 16:57   Link #198
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Quoting Phenomenal is bad writing in itself, cause he thinks everything is bad writing.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 17:38   Link #199
Lightmgl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
What I found strange is Doflamingo's comments. Kuma that we knew from a week ago, and the Kuma that we see now. If something happened to the most recent talking one, it should have happened during that one week period.

But it is really difficult to understand how Doflamingo would know what happened during this period. It is not like the WG would give information like this one to a person like him. So, if Doflamingo refers to something that happened earlier, based on an information he strangely heard sometime during the last few years, then the change he refers to would likely cover the time before one week ago. And that would mean, nothing has changed compared to the time we last saw Kuma facing Strawhats.
Or Doflamingo is controlling him, thats always a possibility. The odds of him being punished after Kizaru's report are quite high, I'm sure something has happened to Kuma even if it was just Vegapunk making sure he erased the remainder of Kuma's memory.
Lightmgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 18:06   Link #200
marvelB

Speaking of Kuma, if he's really going to fight against Iva then this is will be a good opportunity to see the true extent of the (former) okama king's powers. I know he lost against Magellan, but the warden had a pretty overwhelming DF power, period (and I don't think I need to remind anyone about Blackbeard's crew....). I guess I'm just curious as to find out whether or not he knows some crazy secret okama kenpo technique that's even more powerful than that wink of his.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote