AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-08, 16:06   Link #341
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
"I...Am Watching Everyone" and "I Want to Help Onee-sama" sounds like a very Railgunny S1 title compared to the others...

But yeah oh my God they are going to bring this into the second half *pulls hair and muffle screams*
I'm a bit worried about the "I Want to Help Onee-sama" episode considering it will be right before the fight against ITEM and the OP has Kuroko helping Mikoto in the fight against ITEM. Although they haven't majorly changed any of the content yet so I'm only a little worried.
pkmntrainer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 16:33   Link #342
Rovert10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
I doubt it since Touma was in the OP fight.
He's not involved till way later.
I am not worried at all.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 16:33   Link #343
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
"I...Am Watching Everyone" and "I Want to Help Onee-sama" sounds like a very Railgunny S1 title compared to the others...

But yeah oh my God they are going to bring this into the second half *pulls hair and muffle screams*
... I get the feeling that I was the only one under the impression that when they said Railgun S would cover the Sisters arc, they meant just that, and not anything else after it.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 16:41   Link #344
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... I get the feeling that I was the only one under the impression that when they said Railgun S would cover the Sisters arc, they meant just that, and not anything else after it.
I'm pretty sure they will do something else... Wasn't Railgun S meant to be 24 episodes? Looking at the titles, I think Sisters will go until ep 12, then a brief aftermath ep13 then another arc, most likely Liberal Arts City (with all those hints dropping). I'm actually not worried at all that they'll screw up the timeline. They haven't yet so far, and I really really doubt they'll go so far as changing something major like having Kuroko involved.

--EDIT
it'd be nice to see Kuroko &co's perspectives as well I reckon... To some extent anyway. It'd be weird if Mikoto's roommate didn't notice anything.
__________________

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 17:08   Link #345
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... I get the feeling that I was the only one under the impression that when they said Railgun S would cover the Sisters arc, they meant just that, and not anything else after it.
That's rather improbable, there's not enough material unless they drag the living hell out of it. Eating into the second half was one of my 'bad expectation', but not the whole season.

(Doesn't mean I like it)

Plus with the hints they've been dropping about the field trip, I'm almost certain they wouldn't eat up the whole season just for Sisters.

Almost.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 17:55   Link #346
Primary Consult
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Arcs tend to end (be concluded) by episode 12 with episode 13 being the "afterword".
It is like a rule for all anime. And JCStaff maintained it very well.
Not really... Index and Shana both completely ignored the unspoken episode 12 rule.

I just want them to spend the time to do it properly, not meet an episode number for the sake of being tidy. Don't compress for 12 episodes and don't drag it out to 18 (and give LA the maximum LN treatment of the remaining 6 eps). Index speeds through content like the Shinkansen, Railgun allows you to appreciate the scenery along the way.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 18:03   Link #347
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Not really... Index and Shana both completely ignored the unspoken episode 12 rule.

I just want them to spend the time to do it properly, not meet an episode number for the sake of being tidy. Don't compress for 12 episodes and don't drag it out to 18 (and give LA the maximum LN treatment of the remaining 6 eps). Index speeds through content like the Shinkansen, Railgun allows you to appreciate the scenery along the way.
Yeah that's call not having enough content and have to drag out stuff.

Besides, Academy City is not about amazing scenery and soothing atmosphere- Those aren't it's strong points.

Also, Liberal Arts doesn't require 6 episodes- from what I recall it has very minor bits of content in comparison with a proper main story... 3-4 episodes would be enough.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 22:00   Link #348
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Also, Liberal Arts doesn't require 6 episodes- from what I recall it has very minor bits of content in comparison with a proper main story... 3-4 episodes would be enough.
Although it's not a bad place to put extra material without it being unnatural.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 01:21   Link #349
desrtsku
I think I've lost it.
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The street.
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Besides, Academy City is not about amazing scenery and soothing atmosphere- Those aren't it's strong points.
I don't know about AC but, IMHO ... that IS one of the few good points of the raildex anime series.
__________________
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 02:41   Link #350
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I don't know about AC but, IMHO ... that IS one of the few good points of the raildex anime series.
Lolz, Academy City looks best at night (city lights).

Most of Railgun takes place in the day

Second best are the sunset shots- that one they have a lot of.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 04:13   Link #351
desrtsku
I think I've lost it.
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The street.
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lolz, Academy City looks best at night (city lights).

Most of Railgun takes place in the day

Second best are the sunset shots- that one they have a lot of.
Railgun_S_episode_1 skydiving_sakuga_scene Misaka_Mikoto Shirai_Kuroko.jpg
That shot was better than any AC night sighting with the exception of the Index movie's. And it was so good looking everyone (who saw it in the PV) thought it was from the OP before actually watching the episode ...

And I don't really know what you had in mind when you post these, but you should right there ... but not only the remark has nothing to do with my post but you're contradicting yourself while saying most of railgun takes place at daytime, given what kind of events will happen later on Railgun S ...
Moreover, both Index anime weren't that nocturnal either.
__________________
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 04:43   Link #352
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Railgun_S_episode_1 skydiving_sakuga_scene Misaka_Mikoto Shirai_Kuroko.jpg
That shot was better than any AC night sighting with the exception of the Index movie's. And it was so good looking everyone (who saw it in the PV) thought it was from the OP before actually watching the episode ...
Erm no. We thought it was in the OP because it felt out of placed.

Quote:
And I don't really know what you had in mind when you post these, but you should right there ... but not only the remark has nothing to do with my post but you're contradicting yourself while saying most of railgun takes place at daytime, given what kind of events will happen later on Railgun S ...
Moreover, both Index anime weren't that nocturnal either.
Contradiction means that I say one thing and then follow it up with a completely different thing. So ME saying most of Railgun taking place in the day, and then YOU saying that Railgun S have events occuring later, is the worst example you can try to pin on me as a contradiction.

And even with the sister arc, most of railgun still takes place in the day- you can't have SoL episodes at night.

And yes, both Index were nocturnal majority of the time, but the city only looks good in Index II onwards. BUT Interesing enough, I never said a word about Index, so why you bring it up? Most of Railgun took place in the day and the city looks best at night, where did I bring in Index?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-05-09 at 05:12.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 05:36   Link #353
desrtsku
I think I've lost it.
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The street.
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Erm no. We thought it was in the OP because it felt out of placed.
Hmm ... then I might have misunderstood things about the circumstance. Anyway, the whole point of that part is that, the scenery at night isn't always the best. And Railgun can deliver it even if the sky isn't always black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Contradiction means that I say one thing and then follow it up with a completely different thing.

So ME saying most of Railgun taking place in the day, and then YOU saying that Railgun S have events occuring later, is the worst example you can try to pin on me as a contradiction.
Oh crap, that's what they say in those online dictionary too. I have to apologize on this one. Change it to "you're inducing yourself in error" instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Also, you might want to recall all the past events and future ones to come before you think the Sisters arc somehow overwhelms all the other events in terms of quantity because most of railgun still takes place in the day.
Oh, you're right, about that. It's my loss. At least, until we got surprisingly amazing ones for Liberal art that is.
Quote:
And yes, both Index were nocturnal majority of the time, but the city only looks good in Index II onwards.
Just what is the proportion of that "majority of the time" to you?
Well, if it comes to this the first season really wasn't that nocturnal (overall, you got a nice 50/50 spilt for the first 4 arc and Kazakiri arc entirely takes place during the day). It's in my favor.
As for Index II, half of ep 1, about 1/3 of the Amakusa-arc, 1/3~2/5 of remnant arc, 3/4 of Daihaseisai, 1/3 of the Queen's fleet, date arc and half of the SS happened during daytime. It's in your favor.
Since, the main dish is Index II, I guess it's also your win.
Argh, I failed lamentably today.
__________________
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 08:33   Link #354
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Inside my mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
The titles for next episodes were released:
  • 5 Level 6 Shift Project
  • 6 I...Am Watching Everyone
  • 7 I Want to Help Onee-sama
  • 8 Item
  • 9 AIM Stalker
I was thinking ITEM was going to appear in episode 7, but it looks like the pace is going to slow down again after Accelerator makes an appearance. The episode 6 and 7 titles scream giving the other girls more screen time to me. As long as the other girls aren't suddenly involved with the main plot it shouldn't matter.
I hoping it is just going to expand upon the girls worrying about what is troubling Mikoto.
__________________
RPG_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 05:15   Link #355
zaeraal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
The preview of episode 5 was released:
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/636/636177/

It basically says that there is a person who looks like Mikoto and refferes to herself as "Misaka".
She was trying to put down the cat from tree and later reffered to her as Sister, which made Mikoto puzzled.

zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 08:12   Link #356
desrtsku
I think I've lost it.
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The street.
Age: 22
Crap, this time I won't be able to watch that episode until the day after tomorrow, and it just started to get interesting. Fukou da!
But I'll probably cry at the end of it nonetheless. Fukou da! x2
__________________
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 11:04   Link #357
Phibrizzo
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
You know what this chapter would bring... all the hate toward accelerator and more railgun vs index hate... like a few years ago
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 11:08   Link #358
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
You know what this chapter would bring... all the hate toward accelerator and more railgun vs index hate... like a few years ago
Do elaborate.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 11:14   Link #359
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Do elaborate.
People(newcomers?) will start bitching around like it did on 2007?
__________________
The world is collapsing
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 11:16   Link #360
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
didn't fans always bitching in each other? what's new.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.