AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-10-07, 21:58   Link #21
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruSharky View Post
The teenage years suck when ur in 'em, but they are the best years of your life so don't pass 'em up.
I beg to differ, the best years of my life were the years from childhood.

It seems like it only gets worse everyday. I'm still in the teenage emotional stage... it's really bothersome.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 22:10   Link #22
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Yeah, I don't think anything can top childhood.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 22:23   Link #23
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Send a message via AIM to Quzor
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
ever seen a pregnant woman or been around one? Teenage hormones are nothing compared to that...
Psh, forget pregnancy. Now menopause, there's the real emotional train wreck.

In all seriousness though, I don't know that my emotions were too much different when I was a teenager, compared to now. I'd say I'm a little bit better about dealing with them, but that's about all. I've always had anger issues, and it's no different now than it was back then, insofar as getting angry is concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
I beg to differ, the best years of my life were the years from childhood.

It seems like it only gets worse everyday. I'm still in the teenage emotional stage... it's really bothersome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Agreed. There really is nothing like the realization that you aren't responsible for a damn thing that goes on in your daily life. On the other hand, a paper route cut my childhood short; frikkin' jobs...
Old 2009-10-07, 22:46   Link #24
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

uhm. The only different I can note in myself over the last 6-7 years is myself falling into a bigger and bigger hole of cynicism....

However, I do try to stay positive in any situation. I just have very low expectations to begin with...

Anyways... Humans are interesting because we have emotion.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 03:41   Link #25
Lilithium
Banned

I still don't understand why people consider your teenage years to be your golden years. Is it because you have no responsibility? No commitment besides your basic schooling? As far as my years went, they were sorta the most horrific times I had.

I'd shoot myself instead of reliving high school.
Lilithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 05:44   Link #26
calorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilithium View Post
I still don't understand why people consider your teenage years to be your golden years. Is it because you have no responsibility? No commitment besides your basic schooling? As far as my years went, they were sorta the most horrific times I had.

I'd shoot myself instead of reliving high school.
Personally I share your opinion but I think that depends on the individual; there were people who did have a good time in high school and also those for whom it was torture. It's probably just a matter of how well you fit in and how difficult you found studying to be.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 06:38   Link #27
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilithium View Post
I still don't understand why people consider your teenage years to be your golden years.
Who said that ? For most people teenage years is (generally) more the most difficult years of your life than the contrary. For example, in teenage years your body grow and change and it's not always easy to handle (puberty etc...).

For me the golden years is more around the 20-35 than 12-20.
Old 2009-10-08, 23:25   Link #28
Galatea33
the opposing wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruSharky View Post
The teenage years suck when ur in 'em, but they are the best years of your life so don't pass 'em up.
Agree
Most of the time you need to keep your cool whenever you feel like you're life and surrounding are changing, it still happens with me even reaching this age. Everyone needs to adjust themselves again and again, but your character and principles are what matters the most

* Read da sig and do it! Cos' Ophelia says sO
Galatea33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 23:50   Link #29
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Hm, well, the heightened emotions of the teenage years can be both a boon and a curse. You're changing a whole lot, your head's always in turmoil, and life can be hell just from things that adults would find trivial; yet at the same time, as some guy said it, "I've never made friends like I did when I was 12." There's the kind of reckless abandon in youthful actions that self-aware and often cynical adults just can't compare.

I personally feel like I've wasted much of those years being too shy and too "responsible" for my own good, and I'm just, well, look at my age!
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 05:55   Link #30
Cipher

(IMO)The best years of your life are your older wiser ages. At that point, emotions are nothing but "sticks and rocks". Yeah, It depends on the individual. But I think the usual trend is age=experience=wisdom=calmness="peace-like" emotion. Compared to that, teenage years are the exact opposite: its the period of emotions. To have none, is to *not* be a teenager.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 07:07   Link #31
Galatea33
the opposing wind

True true, I think everyone experience things differently :/
But it just that normally teenage age is when you're at your full rebellious & wild state
It's basically where all the fun started
Or not

Depends

* Read da sig and do it! Cos' Ophelia says sO
Galatea33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 18:04   Link #32
Jill Valentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
Me:

13/14: Immature, self-centered

15/16: Angry all the time

17 (now): Really happy.

Mood swings anyone? I was angry all the time not too long ago, but I've been pretty happy with myself for the past few months.

At 13/14 i was mostly confused, dont remember liking being in the center of attention or immature

15/16 am here right now, not angry at all, unless you wake me from sleeping before i get up XD

@Lilithium: Teenagers = partys,geting drunk,braking rules, being wild thats why some say that, but from my point of view they are the worse years ever .
Jill Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 23:21   Link #33
Cipher

1/12 = Carefree
13/14 = Peace
15/16 = Seclusion
17/18 = Wreckage
19/20 = (Maturity) Wreckage
20/30 = Seclusion
40/50 = Peace
60/70 = Carefree
70/100 = Regret/Nostalgia
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 23:23   Link #34
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
11/12 = Carefree
13/14 = Peace
15/16 = Seclusion
17/18 = Wreckage
19/20 = Maturity + Wreckage
Aren't you 16? rofl
Old 2009-10-10, 23:23   Link #35
Dreamtale
Recursion...

Quote:
19/20 = Maturity + Wreckage
Maturity in 20? Wreckage?

Ororo! I'd say it's late youth maximalism
Old 2009-10-10, 23:25   Link #36
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Pfft; happy to have been the exception, I was on my own at 16, thankfully; married my hubby when I was 19 and had my son at 20, which is also when we bought our house.

I got all my stupid teen angst crap out of the way back when I was 12-15

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 23:57   Link #37
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I would never want to return to my childhood, but I seem to be in a very slim minority with that sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
Do you guys ever wonder if what it'd be like not to feel anything, no emotion.. i think it'd help me I spend most of my time being upset..
There are people with no emotion, actually. Parts of their brain are lost due to a traumatic accident or a necessary surgery, and it completely impairs their emotion. The results are actually quite interesting. We'd all think that with no emotion we'd likely be more effective overall, as we'd be less bothered by things and perhaps more rational. However, that's not the case. In one case that I read about, a man who had lost his "emotion center" of his brain ended up getting fired from his job because he was totally inefficient. He apparently could no longer prioritize tasks - he couldn't determine whether making coffee was more important than submitting a report that was due in an hour.

Why? Emotion factors into more elements of our life than we take notice of. We know what to prioritize because we feel the fear of making errors. We can sympathize with and understand others based on emotion. Our entire foundation of motivations and interactions is largely based upon emotions, if you think about it. It's rather interesting.
Old 2009-10-11, 09:50   Link #38
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimitachi View Post
In the case of women, every stage of life is full with emotions, there is no way we can't feel anything.
Teenage is the stage to experience lots of things, some can handle it, some can't. With the pregnancy and menopause is the same, but the difference is that in those stages is probably that the woman has reached a high level of matureness and that helps to make it more bearable ( well, in some cases).
true women can't physically function right without feeling emotions because many are stimulated by hormones, without those well you can kiss the human race goodbye pretty much
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 10:52   Link #39
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
13/14 = Peace
Far and away the worst period of my life. My body was in an all-out sprint towards adulthood; way too many hormones to handle, lol. So yeah, gonna have to disagree with 'peace.'
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 13:57   Link #40
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
true women can't physically function right without feeling emotions because many are stimulated by hormones, without those well you can kiss the human race goodbye pretty much
Try thinking about if we didn't have any emotional changes through adolescent and teenage years. Now THAT will be a mess.

Chaho-Chi is offline   Reply With Quote