AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2010-02-13, 00:24   Link #21
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism Send a message via Skype™ to Miyuki-ism

More from Max the Silent in my channel there.
Old 2010-02-13, 00:30   Link #22
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Five Fingered Death Punch. Though I'm sure the Metal heads have heard of them probably.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 12:35   Link #23
Professor Waldorf X

Send a message via AIM to Professor Waldorf X Send a message via MSN to Professor Waldorf X
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
Five Fingered Death Punch. Though I'm sure the Metal heads have heard of them probably.
Yeah, those guys get radio play in the United States (where popular metal is more or less limited to really bad metalcore), so I'm fairly certain that a lot of people know of them.
Old 2010-02-17, 18:40   Link #24
Gabbvi
きみ エドガー

Two bands I really like.
Both Japanese. I dunno if they are well known or liked in Japan, but I enjoy them.

Deluhi and Kiryu.

Both kinda new I suppose. I can't really find a ton of information on them because they are not really well known.

Severed Love and forked tongues. Can we love each other even if it is wrong?
Gabbvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 00:33   Link #25
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Confession - Cancer

Confession is a band that probably few people in America would have heard of, since it's formed my Australia's Michael Crafter, former vocalist for I Killed The Prom Queen...Michael Crafter provided guest vocals on The Amity Affliction's "Jesse Intense", my favorite song from the band who are also from Australia, and his new band Confession and it's debut album "Cancer" provides some of the heaviest metalcore that doesn't compromise on melody...Or is it the other way around?

Either way, it's a good album to kill yourself with...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 02:08   Link #26
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I browse a place called Magnatunes periodically for off-the-radar stuff (electronica, ambient, industrial, classical, blues, etc)

"No one has ever heard of" is tough.... there's a local group I like who revives old whaling tunes and folk music, along with some hilarious ditties. They're probably way-off-the-radar for most posters in this thread: Shanghaied on the Willamette

There's also a coffeehouse beat-style alternative singer from Japan no one seems to know:
Ua. Very experimental and wide variety.
Old 2010-02-20, 17:46   Link #27
JRendell
Manga Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to JRendell
I'm not sure if anyone has heard of them, but whenever I mention Infected Mushroom to anyone in relation to music, I get quizzical looks;

Check it, my fav. song from them;

Protip: Manga originals are
always better than Anime
adaptions.

-listening to-
-current desktop-

JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 18:10   Link #28
CeDeR
forever hung over

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Probably most of the dark ambient I listen to; I know there's fans of it out there, but the reaction I usually get when sending/letting people listen to some of it is like, "Huh... what's this... wait, why's the intro so long? Where are the vocals?"

I tend to hit up last.fm and listen to the Dark Ambient Radio station to get exposed to new artists. Just got turned on to Dahlia's Tear a few days ago and picked up their album Under Seven Skies. Great stuff, very different than my other dark ambient favorites, but great nonetheless.
Talking about dark ambient always i see your name i think of Synaesthesia
btw infected mushroom is like the most cheezy overplayed popular psytrance project if u can still call it that way....i like the first albums though specially classical mushroom.
Old 2010-02-20, 19:32   Link #29
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I think, but I won't swear to this that anyone has ever heard about West Virginia besides the 'Inbred' state.

It's a stereotype, and were that true, I'm not inbred. I'm German ancestry with some Virginian blood in me (My mothers' side was apparently french blood. I have to speculate, however...)

It's weird how they hardly ever touch WV on the weather channel.

In all seriousness:

I don't think anyone has ever heard of Friedrich Schiller. The man behind An die Freude. (Or 'Ode to Joy'.)

In this modern age, most people think Beethovan did Ode to Joy, But he was the one that made it and molded it into the powerful orchestration we know today.

Thats a tidbit of info, along with my 'Stuff you think nobody's ever heard of'. Though I could be wrong, and it may very well be common knowledge, but everyone around here is into country or rap. too bad.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 02:48   Link #30
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
I'm not sure if anyone has heard of them, but whenever I mention Infected Mushroom to anyone in relation to music,
Infected Mushroom is mainly only known in the Rave Circles . I had a bunch of Ravers/Wannabe DJs for friends . So have come across it quite often .

I owe finishing Doom 3 to this

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2010-02-21 at 03:06. Reason: Linkage Corrected
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 00:06   Link #31
Peterbigeyes

Anyone heard of Makoto Kawamoto?

I was crazy over her song D.N.A some time ago but I had a terrible time looking for her CD titled Love and Luna (which was partially why I thought of posting here). After more research I realized she was the singer of the song in the anime: Rurouni Kenshin. Shes really petite and she plays here own tunes on her guitar. Here is a pic of her

Am I the only one who has heard of her?

My eyes are big because I play too much free online adventure games. I wish I was born in virtual worlds for kids then I will not need to eat my greens. .
Peterbigeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 00:40   Link #32
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Currently two some may have heard of them but to me it was first time . Came across this one while searching HD Vids of Dani Filth

SIRENIA : (Wiki/Official)

- My Mind's Eye

- Sister Nightfall

- The Other Side

- In Sumerian Haze

- The Path To Decay

- In My Darkest Hours

- Save Me From Myself
Old 2010-03-14, 22:18   Link #33
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Waldorf X View Post
Yeah, those guys get radio play in the United States (where popular metal is more or less limited to really bad metalcore), so I'm fairly certain that a lot of people know of them.
Haha! Nice implication

Disturbed. 80s thrash band from Minniapolis, MN. Disbanded in 92 I believe.

By the End of Tonight. Math Rock band from 02. Disbanded just last year I believe.
vedicardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 00:57   Link #34
Woopzilla
Desensitized

I enjoy listening to some very relaxing tracks created by a very talented artist called Matti Paalanen. You can download all of his works for free at http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=48148.

The one I like the most is called 'Project Divinity'. You can also find links to some other projects on that page. 'Celestial Aeon Project' and 'Frozen Silence' are also incredibly relaxing and nice to listen to.

The site is partially in finnish and you have to click 'lataa mp3' to download the files listed at the bottom. They used to host a full archive download, but I can't seem to find it on the page anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
I'm not sure if anyone has heard of them, but whenever I mention Infected Mushroom to anyone in relation to music, I get quizzical looks;

Check it, my fav. song from them;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Infected Mushroom is mainly only known in the Rave Circles . I had a bunch of Ravers/Wannabe DJs for friends . So have come across it quite often .

I owe finishing Doom 3 to this
For some reason I always expect people to recognize 'Deeply Disturbed' when I let them hear it... I swear I knew it before properly knowing Infected Mushroom. Surprised that so few people know of them.
Old 2010-03-16, 14:52   Link #35
roseycheeks

i know for a fact that no one has heard this song on here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqLO3he35gc - it's so addicting and the girl is hot!
roseycheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 16:18   Link #36
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
Seen them live I prefer the lighter songs from them, although I listen to heavier stuff from other bands.

Most people haven't heard of bands like Delain or After Forever though, even though they're reasonably known in thier circles.
Reading: Rosario and Vampire II, Sankarea
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 19:37   Link #37
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

two Acts in particular one is an obscure act from South America but I really liked what she had to bring to the table . The artist is Brenda Asnicar and the track is Tango Lloron . This track has great potential but needs a remix of it soon . This track would be a gold mine for most DJs .

The 2nd act is an Industrial group called Lord of the Lost . I really like there music but there fashion sense is just revolting bell bottoms . Only came across two tracks by them, which were really sweet for a break through band .

Lord of the Lost

- Last Words

- Dry The Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
For some reason I always expect people to recognize 'Deeply Disturbed' when I let them hear it... I swear I knew it before properly knowing Infected Mushroom. Surprised that so few people know of them.
I don't know much about trance but my friend circle did . They introduced me Psychedelic Trance or Psy-Trance . So heard a lot of Astrix, Skazi, Gil and Infected Mushroom . Even though I wasn't much of a fan whenever they were over, the only music that played on my play-list was Psy . I really got into all this while ripping a DVD to AVI .

There is a trance festival which takes place in Japan called The Gathering . It features the best DJ from around the world . While ripping the 2005 DVD I totally got into Psy Trance due to this scene/act from DVD .

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2010-03-17 at 19:48.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 03:43   Link #38
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat

How about Anipalla, Anime song sung in a cappella, listening to this brought shivers up my spine.

What do you think?

Last edited by Tri-ring; 2010-03-22 at 04:01.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 07:43   Link #39
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
I don't know if these bands are new to anyone here but if you don't know of them or have heard their music I would like to post these vids. so you can check em out. I love these for my running. Hope you enjoy.

A remix for you guy that like to dance.

Last edited by MAQI; 2010-03-22 at 08:46.
MAQI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 13:28   Link #40
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Markize

This French band called Markize there two songs caught my attention . The first was Mon Ange and the second was In My Dream . There songs mostly are in French and my French is far from good . So lyrics dont make sense at times . But music has no language or boundaries so doesn't make that much of a difference .

* Markize - Pozvoni mne, pozvoni .

* Markize - Poussières de vie

* Markize - In My Dream