AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Old 2010-02-05, 21:23   Link #961
Peanutbutter

Now all we just need is someone (preferably a.f.k) to somehow get their hands on this and show it to the entire world!
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 21:38   Link #962
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Six, then. In any case I was expecting some universe-tier troll.

I'm pleasantly overjoyed.
You do realize that if Kadokawa had the balls to pull another troll this time, every single person in the company would have been killed in the most painful and horrible ways by that throng of torch-bearing, pitchfork-wielding Otakus?
aegisofrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 21:39   Link #963
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Cross posting here and music for this news. Apparently Lantis didn't reveal everything in the Sweet Oblivion PV. At the end of the movie, there was an a cappella version with just Minori Chihara singing.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 21:45   Link #964
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
You do realize that if Kadokawa had the balls to pull another troll this time, every single person in the company would have been killed in the most painful and horrible ways by that throng of torch-bearing, pitchfork-wielding Otakus?
I didn't actually think it would just be E8 again, but I did expect the first hour or so to be a recap.

I mean, what the hell did they do with 2 hours and 45 minutes for the shortest damn book in the series? That's what I really wanna know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Cross posting here and music for this news. Apparently Lantis didn't reveal everything in the Sweet Oblivion PV. At the end of the movie, there was an a cappella version with just Minori Chihara singing.
That's awesome.
Old 2010-02-05, 22:07   Link #965
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Quote:
I didn't actually think it would just be E8 again, but I did expect the first hour or so to be a recap.

I mean, what the hell did they do with 2 hours and 45 minutes for the shortest damn book in the series? That's what I really wanna know.

That's awesome.
Ah, I see. I'm interested to know as well, but any information of that sort would be considered spoilers, in my opinion.
Old 2010-02-05, 22:11   Link #966
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
Ah, I see. I'm interested to know as well, but any information of that sort would be considered spoilers, in my opinion.
What I've found surprising is that I haven't come across many spoilers, if any that I can recall. Most people are repeating "NAGATO!" and "I cried" so far. I've yet to see a single negative comment that's not about the length of the movie, and even then the next thing is "it just flew by." My anticipation is really high now for the movie. Nothing so far from the cast meeting. Favorite comment so far is "Beware the bathroom."

Old 2010-02-05, 22:19   Link #967
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
So excited.
I'm glad there are probably no bad reviews
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 22:20   Link #968
GDB

Well, I doubt anyone but die-hard fans saw the movie on opening day. I don't expect anyone but those fans to have been able to get tickets. Therefore, it's only logical to assume you wouldn't hear anything but the utmost of praises for it so far. People are still ecstatic about it being released.

Give it a week and see if there aren't any negative reviews.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 22:30   Link #969
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Quote:
What I've found surprising is that I haven't come across many spoilers, if any that I can recall. Most people are repeating "NAGATO!" and "I cried" so far. I've yet to see a single negative comment that's not about the length of the movie, and even then the next thing is "it just flew by." My anticipation is really high now for the movie. Nothing so far from the cast meeting. Favorite comment so far is "Beware the bathroom."
Love the "Beware the bathroom" comment. Basically that means that this movie will keep you in your seat right?

The negative comments will come AFTER the general public (read: People who have not seen any Haruhi) gets their hands on tickets. I imagine for the first week or so all the cinemas are booked out by die hard fans.
Old 2010-02-05, 22:32   Link #970
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post

Give it a week and see if there aren't any negative reviews.
:'( Don't burst mah bubble
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 22:32   Link #971
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

More pictures! From an awesome blog:
At PARCO theatre for the first showing, here was the line:

Some of the goods available:
'
The line for the next showing was about 200 people long!

Then the blogger went to Cinema 109:

The "Beware the bathroom" comment was in reference since a lot of discussion on 2ch and other boards have been about not being able to go to the bathroom since the movie is so long and someone actually had to go to it during the movie and missed some.

Old 2010-02-05, 22:40   Link #972
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

It's snowing in Japan now? Kind of fits the mood of Disappearance I guess.

DAMNIT I hate living in perpetual summer! >.<
Old 2010-02-05, 22:41   Link #973
prnoct90

I was wondering, for anyone that lives in Japan. I bought my ticket a long time ago, but I don't get how it works? Can I just use it for anytime, and is the movie free seating? Or, do I need to redeem my ticket for an actual theater and date?
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 22:48   Link #974
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
I was wondering, for anyone that lives in Japan. I bought my ticket a long time ago, but I don't get how it works? Can I just use it for anytime, and is the movie free seating? Or, do I need to redeem my ticket for an actual theater and date?
According to this blog(google translated since I'm a little busy at the moment) you have to go to the theatre and "exchange" it for a ticket with a seat number and a showing. Check your local theatre and see when you can do so. If you are going to the Kyoto Cinema theatre on 2/20, get a ticket for either the 11:05 or 14:30 showings since there'll be a mini cast/staff greeting with Taniguchi's seijuu and the anime character designer afterwards. Did you get any benefits with your ticket?

Old 2010-02-05, 22:53   Link #975
prnoct90

Quote:
According to this blog(google translated since I'm a little busy at the moment) you have to go to the theatre and "exchange" it for a ticket with a seat number and a showing. Check your local theatre and see when you can do so. If you are going to the Kyoto Cinema theatre on 2/20, get a ticket for either the 11:05 or 14:30 showings since there'll be a mini cast/staff greeting with Taniguchi's seijuu and the anime character designer afterwards. Did you get any benefits with your ticket?
No, unfortunately, I bought the earliest version of the ticket, which didn't come with any extras. I am actually in Tokyo, and I want to go to a theater that isn't to crowded. I live in Kokubunji (near Mitaka) on the Chuo line. I want a theater somewhere close that isn't going to be as crowded hopefully. Maybe Tachikawa? If someone could help me find a theater near me I would really appreciate it. I want to go on Wednesday sometime in the early afternoon (2:00-4:00) if possible?
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 22:57   Link #976
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Check your local theatre and see when you can do so. If you are going to the Kyoto Cinema theatre on 2/20, get a ticket for either the 11:05 or 14:30 showings since there'll be a mini cast/staff greeting with Taniguchi's seijuu and the anime character designer afterwards. Did you get any benefits with your ticket?
Yay Minoru Shiraishi!
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 00:07   Link #977
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
And here's the part where we here how it's the greatest movie of all time and right on time to I might add.

Seriously if you're expecting anything less than absolutely stellar reviews from the fanbase of Haruhi in Japan then you are probably better off finding a needle in a haystack amidst a pile of haystacks.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 00:09   Link #978
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
And here's the part where we here how it's the greatest movie of all time and right on time to I might add.

Seriously if you're expecting anything less than absolutely stellar reviews from the fanbase of Haruhi in Japan then you are probably better off finding a needle in a haystack amidst a pile of haystacks.
Which makes it the worst movie of all time and exactly what you expected, amirite?
Old 2010-02-06, 00:21   Link #979
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Which makes it the worst movie of all time and exactly what you expected, amirite?
Actually it just means I look upon it about the same way I do a Famitsu review and the release of a new Dragon Quest game. In other words I know what to expect based on the name alone and don't take any of it at face value or as any sign of the overall quality of the movie so much as I prepare myself to look at the pictures of people going through the motions. When you've been down this road so many times and can predict how it will it go down to a fault you kind of have to remain skeptical. Actually it's on the other side of skeptical in my case, but eh......
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 00:33   Link #980
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

If thats the case then why are you here? -__- Might as well return when the actual subs are out...since its obvious that at this point you'll only hear those "biased" reviews
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction, shounen