AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-02-10, 22:51   Link #1101
AmyElizzabeth
Moo
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Iowa
Age: 18
Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Given how...

1) Haruhi 2009, for all its drawbacks, still sold better than the vast majority of anime out there,
This just proves that we gos ourselves some loyal fans.
And KyoAni does know how to milk stuff.
Pretty sure this isn't the end..
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 04:40   Link #1102
tolerantfire
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Russia
Age: 23
Quote:
I don't see any logical reason, really, for there not to be more animated Haruhi. I have to imagine that it's quite profitable for KyoAni and Kadokawa.
Even though this news sounds like troll, and Haruhi is exactly one of the most profitable anime brands, but it made me think that even the chicken that lays golden egges can make the owner bored. I don't want even to start thinking about it, but they may drop Haruhi for something new or for new seasons of older series (e.g. FMP).
tolerantfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 04:50   Link #1103
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Otonokizaka
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
It took them three years to make new Haruhi stuff. They most likely have other things they would like to do, so it's highly possible we could be looking at another three.

I know, I'm being a bit of a downer, but I'm just saying it's entirely possible we won't see or hear anything about a new Haruhi season for a while.
__________________
Ryuko Matoi, Kill la Kill
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 08:01   Link #1104
darksassin
Is this dangerous??
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Unknown Void, M'sia
Even so, this is still one of the worst news i ever heard in anime universe. Hope that it isnt true though.
__________________
darksassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 10:44   Link #1105
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Interesting development this Sunday in Japan. For special theatres and showings, you will get a gift with admission to the movie. You will get one of three possible "handmade" chocolate gifts with cards from either Haruhi, Mikuru, or Yuki. Since Sunday is Valentine's day, this makes perfect sense to have it on that day.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 10:46   Link #1106
SealkidHaruhiism
Haruhi Suzumiya rules!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
This isn't the end of Haruhi. The Movie was a big hit in Japan, and it made it into top 7. So I can tell that kyoani will make a new season of Haruhi, but not this year. I'm hoping that season 3 will come around April 2011.
__________________
SealkidHaruhiism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 10:47   Link #1107
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hot, Very Hot Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Interesting development this Sunday in Japan. For special theatres and showings, you will get a gift with admission to the movie. You will get one of three possible "handmade" chocolate gifts with cards from either Haruhi, Mikuru, or Yuki. Since Sunday is Valentine's day, this makes perfect sense to have it on that day.
If I really had a handmade gift from Yuki, I would preserve it for eternity.
aegisofrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 10:58   Link #1108
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
If I really had a handmade gift from Yuki, I would preserve it for eternity.
Luckily, chocolate doesn't spoil.
__________________

↑Click for MAL.↑
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 11:02   Link #1109
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Otonokizaka
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Just remember... you gotta pay 'em back three times over in March.
__________________
Ryuko Matoi, Kill la Kill
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 11:33   Link #1110
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philippines
Hmm... So, what are the chances of an early Korean DVD release ala Summer Wars (or was that one not really official?), seeing as both movies are distributed by Kadokawa Shoten?
__________________
Ice Block is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 12:21   Link #1111
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Hmm... So, what are the chances of an early Korean DVD release ala Summer Wars (or was that one not really official?), seeing as both movies are distributed by Kadokawa Shoten?
Seeing that the Japanese version hasn't been released (it comes out next month), I'd say that it wasn't an official release. It may be likely that there will be bootleg copies of it, but I'm waiting for the official release in high quality for the first time I see it just so I can savor the hard work put into the movie.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 15:31   Link #1112
darksassin
Is this dangerous??
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Unknown Void, M'sia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Seeing that the Japanese version hasn't been released (it comes out next month), I'd say that it wasn't an official release. It may be likely that there will be bootleg copies of it, but I'm waiting for the official release in high quality for the first time I see it just so I can savor the hard work put into the movie.
You are right, resorting to camrip is a bad idea. If I do that I am not a true haruhist or Yukiist.
darksassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 17:51   Link #1113
prnoct90
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Yah, so I just saw the movie this past Wednesday. I'm not going to put my feelings about my experience in spoiler tags, but I will put my specific feelings on the movie itself in spoiler tags. I won't be discussing the plot though, because that is for anther thread.

Anyways, like I said I saw the movie on Wednesday at 4:30 pm. In case people don't know, this wasn't a holiday, and most people don't get out for work that early. So, I was surprised when I got in the theater and saw that it was at least 75% full. Another thing that honestly shocked me, was the fact that more then 50% of the people at this showing were women. Now that I live in Japan, my understanding of anime fandom is beginning to change, but this still surprised me. Of course there were things like full size posters and stuff, which I got a picture next too. There actually wasn't a store there when I went on Wednesday, so it looks like that was a limited time thing, fortunately I had already gone a couple days before. They also actually didn't have anymore movie pamphlets when I was there, but again, I purchased this before getting there.

Spoiler for no plot, just general thoughts:
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 18:02   Link #1114
worldruined
power tends to corrupt
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via AIM to worldruined
Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
Another thing that honestly shocked me, was the fact that more then 50% of the people at this showing were women.
Wait until the next wave of doujinshi hits -- then you'll know why there were so many women.
worldruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 18:23   Link #1115
AmyElizzabeth
Moo
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Iowa
Age: 18
Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldruined View Post
Wait until the next wave of doujinshi hits -- then you'll know why there were so many women.
...What.
I'm getting a sexual vibe from that...
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 18:43   Link #1116
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
Yah, so I just saw the movie this past Wednesday. I'm not going to put my feelings about my experience in spoiler tags, but I will put my specific feelings on the movie itself in spoiler tags. I won't be discussing the plot though, because that is for anther thread.

Anyways, like I said I saw the movie on Wednesday at 4:30 pm. In case people don't know, this wasn't a holiday, and most people don't get out for work that early. So, I was surprised when I got in the theater and saw that it was at least 75% full. Another thing that honestly shocked me, was the fact that more then 50% of the people at this showing were women. Now that I live in Japan, my understanding of anime fandom is beginning to change, but this still surprised me. Of course there were things like full size posters and stuff, which I got a picture next too. There actually wasn't a store there when I went on Wednesday, so it looks like that was a limited time thing, fortunately I had already gone a couple days before. They also actually didn't have anymore movie pamphlets when I was there, but again, I purchased this before getting there.

Spoiler for no plot, just general thoughts:

Thank you for that very interesting review.

I'm honestly not surprised that Haruhi has a very large and healthy female fanbase.

Actually, I'm surprised that people are surprised that Haruhi has a very large and healthy female fanbase.


Haruhi herself is one of the stronger female anime characters; certainly amongst school-aged female characters, anyway. I can definitely see where some female anime fans would kind of look up to her, given how assertive and fun-loving and generally competent she is. And whenever I do Deviant Art searches for Haruhi, it never ceases to amaze me just how many different people cosplay as her and then post it up on Deviant Art. These cosplayers alone would make a significant fanbase.

In her own way, Yuki Nagato is a very strong female anime character as well.


And yes, there is the Kyon/Koizumi dynamic that I'm sure appeals to some female fans.


Anyway, great to hear your thoughts on the movie. They sound pretty encouraging, overall.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 18:55   Link #1117
Bri
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
And yes, there is the Kyon/Koizumi dynamic that I'm sure appeals to some female fans.
Suffering bishi males are to women what moe blobs are to men And Haruhi is a master in making Kyon suffer.

Gundam's been riding that ticket since forever and isn't a Fujoshi favorite for nothing.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 19:16   Link #1118
AmyElizzabeth
Moo
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Iowa
Age: 18
Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

I'm honestly not surprised that Haruhi has a very large and healthy female fanbase.
rall.
Is this opposed to unhealthy?
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 19:48   Link #1119
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Is this opposed to unhealthy?
I imagine Kyon would consider their specific focus on tying him and Itsuki together "unhealthy"... ^_^
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 19:54   Link #1120
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Is this opposed to unhealthy?
By "healthy", I mean passionate and engaged and possibly growing and of a wide variety of age groups (including many girls young enough to cosplay as Haruhi and make it look Ok ).

The impression I get is that they're not just fans who liked the show back when it first aired, and are sticking around purely out of a sense of obligation to an old favorite. All of the cosplaying and merchandise sales... it all speaks to a passionate fanbase.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.