AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-04-15, 15:07   Link #1421
FDW
AH.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
So movie will premiere on 5/21 at Viz Theater, huh? Anyone here in or plan to go to San Fransisco?
I live in San Francisco, so I'll be there. (I won't take the 38 or 38L to get there though, to crowded it'll be the 2 or 3 for me.)
Old 2010-04-15, 16:34   Link #1422
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

kjsdholasjfgkh!! I'm in Texas. and there's no way I can get over there. >:P

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere
TheHaruhiIncarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 17:46   Link #1423
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Damn you West coast ;_;
You guys get everything....

But it's great news, so I'm happy.
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 19:56   Link #1424
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
According to ANN, Bandai has licensed it and will also be having a theatrical run in Hawaii in June, and will release a DVD "at a later date". BluRay for me, plz?

Can it come over here? Anywhere within four hours of DC? Please? I'd like to see it in theaters.
Is it going to be subbed? I presume it's WAY too soon for it to be dubbed already?
Old 2010-04-15, 20:43   Link #1425
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaruhiIncarnate View Post
kjsdholasjfgkh!! I'm in Texas. and there's no way I can get over there. >:P
I'm in Texas, and I probably could get over there, but I'd sooner go broke spending the money to fly to Japan than set foot in the People's Republic of California, even for Haruhi. That level of crazy has got to be contagious... ^_^

I'll wait for the Blu Ray, or a considerably closer showing (Austin's not too far, and not quite as loopy). I'm patient.
Old 2010-04-15, 21:23   Link #1426
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

I'm in friggin Australia, I dunno what you guys are complaining about.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 23:28   Link #1427
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Is it going to be subbed? I presume it's WAY too soon for it to be dubbed already?
Yes, it'll be subbed. The guy who translated it was talking about that over on Mania.com.
Old 2010-04-15, 23:41   Link #1428
Ithekro
Warning

I might have to look into that...it is only 40 or so minutes away.
Old 2010-04-16, 00:27   Link #1429
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
I'm in friggin Australia, I dunno what you guys are complaining about.
What are we complaining about? What are you complaining about? You're a lot closer to Japan than I am, and compared to me going to California, your plane ride's a little longer, but the culture clash is about the same... ^_^
Old 2010-04-16, 01:36   Link #1430
FDW
AH.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I'm in Texas, and I probably could get over there, but I'd sooner go broke spending the money to fly to Japan than set foot in the People's Republic of California, even for Haruhi. That level of crazy has got to be contagious... ^_^

I'll wait for the Blu Ray, or a considerably closer showing (Austin's not too far, and not quite as loopy). I'm patient.
It's not that bad out here, the Bay Area is more than just Berkeley, hippies, and Castro. It's also the home Lucasarts, Google, Apple, and Mythbusters. (And just to let you most people in this state regard the Beserkley types with the same level of seriousness has you do, including myself, and our state Republican party consists of nothing but hardcore Tea-Partiers, before the Tea Party movement even existed. Hell, they served as the inspiration for the Republican stonewalling of 2009.)
Old 2010-04-16, 04:45   Link #1431
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
What are we complaining about? What are you complaining about? You're a lot closer to Japan than I am, and compared to me going to California, your plane ride's a little longer, but the culture clash is about the same... ^_^
Visa/Passport, expenses, language barrier. It's a fair point.
Old 2010-04-16, 05:10   Link #1432
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Well, I've got some of the language, but us Aussies REALLY like our space.

Like.

ALOT.

(20 mil people on a continent, yay us)
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 17:25   Link #1433
netvope
SOS-Dan

Quote:
According to ANN, Bandai has licensed it and will also be having a theatrical run in Hawaii in June, and will release a DVD "at a later date". BluRay for me, plz?
ANN: The North American anime distributor Bandai Entertainment has announced that it has licensed The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya anime film from Kadokawa Pictures Inc. It will begin running English-subtitled screenings of the film at San Francisco's Viz Cinema on May 21, followed by a theatrical run in Hawaii in the middle of June.

This is SO GREAT!

Info about the cinema: VIZ Cinema is a 143-seat underground cinema inside NEW PEOPLE in San Francisco, owned and operated by VIZ Pictures. Equipped with a cutting-edge HD digital projection and THX®-certified sound system, VIZ Cinema’s programming focuses on the latest and hottest films from Japan, as well as an incredible legacy of classics, favorites, documentaries and anime – making it the only venue of its kind in the United States.

1746 Post St, San Francisco, CA 94115
Tel: 415-525-8600
http://www.newpeopleworld.com/films/

Judging from the movies that the cinema is currently showing, on average each movie is only shown for a few days. I wonder how long will they show Haruhi.
Old 2010-04-17, 04:18   Link #1434
Mikenter
Om nom nom

Quote:
o.o... And here I thought living on this dang rock would never come of any good. Everyone seems to be freaking out about the San Fransisco airing so I guess I'm alone on this. This is worth missing Kawaii-Kon so I can save a little money, this is exactly the thing I was trying to save for! This or the hardback Haruhi novel translations >.> =D
Mikenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 05:25   Link #1435
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenter View Post
o.o... And here I thought living on this dang rock would never come of any good. Everyone seems to be freaking out about the San Fransisco airing so I guess I'm alone on this. This is worth missing Kawaii-Kon so I can save a little money, this is exactly the thing I was trying to save for! This or the hardback Haruhi novel translations >.> =D
You have to use money saved up for a con to go see a movie or to buy a book? I knew Hawaii had a high cost of living, but that's a bit crazy... ^_^

All joking aside... As for the movie showing in US theaters, I guess it might be successful in its Hawaiian release, but I don't see how it's going to be doing too well in its short showing in SF, considering VIZ Cinema (besides being named for a Bandai competitor) sounds like the kind of place that distributors don't put their movies to make money, but to build industry hype. Unless it's followed by a larger release, that's not going to affect DVD sales...
Old 2010-04-17, 17:38   Link #1436
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
I offer my apologies. The theatre list was left to wait until today due to a very busy week. We are now up to 79 Japanese theatres and 1 US theatre confirmed. I've updated the Cinema Status list for those traveling to Japan with up to date information. There are only 13 theatres who have not listed starting dates. The latest starting date now is Warner Michael Cinemas Kumatani starting June 19th. There's a lot of theatres starting on May 8th, but it looks like most of the showings will be done by the end of June.

Also, the Viz Cinema showing is from May 21st to June 5th for those interested.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 21:56   Link #1437
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Send a message via Skype™ to roankun
excuse me, megax, but could you also state the place where that cinema is? (i.e. tokyo, kyoto)
roankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 03:21   Link #1438
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ok, tickets bought for the sunday after it comes out in San Francisco. I pray to Haruhi that nothing stupid will stop me from seeing the movie. If you see some idiot blabbing too much, it's probably me.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 11:32   Link #1439
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
excuse me, megax, but could you also state the place where that cinema is? (i.e. tokyo, kyoto)
They have been updated to show the city. It's in the lefthand column. Most of them stated the city name anyways, which is why I kept it like it was for so long.

EDIT: We're now down to 10 of the original 24 still showing. Starting Saturday, that number drops to 3.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-04-18 at 22:38.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 12:48   Link #1440
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Send a message via Skype™ to roankun
thanks!

. . . shit, there might not be a showing in tokyo by may 18.
. . .
damn the people who rejected my application for a U.S. visa.
. . .
now what?
roankun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction, shounen