AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-04-18, 21:42   Link #1441
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Attened the Cherry Blossom Festival in Monterey Park and talked to the P***** Ex** *****.

Seems like they will show it in Hawaii on May and San Francisco in June.

The time has come to prepare and buy tickets and fight the power!

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 00:24   Link #1442
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by netvope View Post
ANN: The North American anime distributor Bandai Entertainment has announced that it has licensed The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya anime film from Kadokawa Pictures Inc. It will begin running English-subtitled screenings of the film at San Francisco's Viz Cinema on May 21, followed by a theatrical run in Hawaii in the middle of June.

This is SO GREAT!
YES!!! Best news I've heard all year! Finally a perk for living in Hawaii!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenter View Post
o.o... And here I thought living on this dang rock would never come of any good. Everyone seems to be freaking out about the San Fransisco airing so I guess I'm alone on this.
Glad I'm not the only Hawaii person who feels that way.
touge-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 10:54   Link #1443
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
@Koizumi ultimatemegax: Thanks for the spreadsheet. Nice one man!
... So I have to find the closest cinema and fit in my visit some time between 19th - 25th June. Man, I don't even know which part of Japan I'll be on which days yet... gotta plan this out carefully

So... San Francisco gets in in May huh? You lucky b*tches.
I suppose I can cross fingers and hope that London Expo, which takes place 29th & 30th May, will show it exclusively... Yeah right, like it'll really hit UK that quick.

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 23:05   Link #1444
animeotaku

After hearing about the showing in San Fransisco, I now greatly regret watching the cam rip one day ago, now i can't get as excited about it as I would have. Oh well, will still be at the showing
animeotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 10:12   Link #1445
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
YAY! Box office revenue news again!

According to Japanimate, the Haruhi movie has earned 720 million yen (equivalent to 7,720,506 USD at the current exchange rate) up until 4/11. The article also states that the movie went from 24 theatres to start up to 78 theatres total that have/will have shown the movie. The movie has made 2,182,000 yen per theatre so far.

By comparison, the Nanoha movie has earned 350 million yen with 19-56 theatres and a per theatre rate of 833,000 yen. The Fate/Stay night movie has earned 260 million yen with 12-44 theatres and a per theatre rate of 1,083,000 yen.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 15:56   Link #1446
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Sounds like its doing reasonably well then, although I have no clue how much it cost to make. Still if its actually making it to a few cinemas in the states it will hopefully have decent subs and make it to Europe within the next year on dvd or bluray, perhaps at the same time as complete 2009. (The Compilation/Collection of Haruhi Suzumiya heh).
Reading: Rosario and Vampire II, Sankarea
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 20:33   Link #1447
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38032872@N05/4544803876/
(the US trailer shows a real life Haruhi cosplayer eating while Kyon is looking for her... a minute later, she disappears for real.

Buy Haruhi tickets here.

Quote:
Friday, 5/21 – Saturday, 6/5

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
(Directed by Jun-ichi Mori, 2010, 163min, 35mm, with English Subtitles)

Don’t miss the exclusive U.S. Premiere of mega hit anime movie “The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya” in association with Bandai Entertainment! Ten days before Christmas, Haruhi came up with another one of her crazy ideas to hold a Christmas party in the club room. The next day, however, Kyon woke up to a world in which Haruhi didn’t exist and no one besides him had any memory of her. How can someone like Haruhi Suzumiya who’s supposed to be the center of the universe just vanish?
Source: New People

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Old 2010-04-27, 00:42   Link #1448
FDW
AH.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
snip
Already got my ticket.
Old 2010-04-27, 13:24   Link #1449
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Same here (except it's on the first day).

Old 2010-04-27, 17:52   Link #1450
FDW
AH.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Same here (except it's on the first day).
Mine's first day as well, the (May 21st) 7:00 PM (19:00) showing. I'll be the fat white guy wearing a green jacket and a black T-shirt.
Old 2010-04-27, 18:25   Link #1451
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

I hope I can go... I'll find something to wear. Like a blue schoolboy outfit...

Last edited by bhl88; 2010-04-27 at 18:37.
Old 2010-04-28, 09:29   Link #1452
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Forum Sendai just posted an updated timetable. They will stop showing the Haruhi movie after next Friday. They were the last of the first 30 theatres to post a stop date. After next Friday (07/05/2010), all of the first run theatres and the emergency added theatres will have stopped showing the movie.

Old 2010-04-29, 03:24   Link #1453
Trilobiteer
Not an ordinary human.

Surely now that it's hit one US cinema and supposing that it brings in a fair amount of people a few more cinemas around the world will begin to show it. And presuming that happens and it does continue to bring in people perhaps those of us who cannot afford to fly might stand a chance. Myself, I'm just hoping for an Aussie showing... what? I can dream, can't I?
Old 2010-04-29, 05:07   Link #1454
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

yume, yume, suki desho?

And I want one too.

Though it prolly will show up in NSW, not VIC unfortunately for you :/
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 15:54   Link #1455
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

In about 19 or so hours, the last theatres from the first run of Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu will end their showings of the movie. Just over three months at Forum Sendai and Cinema Sunshine Ikebukuro. I say that's is a pretty good run for the movie.

Also, I've just reserved a ticket for the North American premiere showing. Anticipation begin!

Old 2010-05-07, 13:10   Link #1456
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Sorry for double-posting, but Viz Cinemas has announced that on the night of the North American premiere, Cristina Vee will be present to perform her English versions of the Haruhi songs and autographing copies of the poster for the movie. There will also be giveaways of the manga and light novel from Yen Press as well as a raffle for a one-year Crunchyroll subscription.

Old 2010-05-07, 15:09   Link #1457
netvope
SOS-Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Sorry for double-posting, but Viz Cinemas has announced that on the night of the North American premiere, Cristina Vee will be present to perform her English versions of the Haruhi songs and autographing copies of the poster for the movie. There will also be giveaways of the manga and light novel from Yen Press as well as a raffle for a one-year Crunchyroll subscription.
Sorry if I'm harsh, but I wish it's Hirano Aya instead

BTW, thank ultimatemegax for keeping the Google Spreadsheet always updated!
netvope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 19:05   Link #1458
Blayne Barudorii

Canada demands the US stop hoarding the good stuff and let us screen it here!
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.
Blayne Barudorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 22:22   Link #1459
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayne Barudorii View Post
Canada demands the US stop hoarding the good stuff and let us screen it here!
That's okay, the rest of the US would like the East and West Coasts to quit hoarding the good stuff and let us screen it here... There are a few million Canadians in Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton that are closer to the screening than I am...

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-05-07 at 22:36.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 00:31   Link #1460
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
That's okay, the rest of the US would like the East and West Coasts to quit hoarding the good stuff and let us screen it here... There are a few million Canadians in Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton that are closer to the screening than I am...
Since when did the east coast get anything?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction, shounen