AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-10-09, 00:54   Link #141
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Funny... I called this the month before Heminga started thinking about the possibility of it, and yet, he's the one who gets the credit for doing so... Oh well.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 01:08   Link #142
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
I just recently realized that the sports score joke (8-0) was used at the very first scene in the very first episode of Endless Eight.

They warned us.
The baseball team that Kyon was watching was down 8-0? If so... even I'll admit that's a genuinely clever bit of metacommentary.

Quote:
Speaking of things, another reason they didn't give Endless Eight much budget might be that they planned this endeavor all along and never even expected Endless Eight to sell good.
You're probably right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Funny... I called this the month before Heminga started thinking about the possibility of it, and yet, he's the one who gets the credit for doing so... Oh well.
Well then... Kogetsu and Heminga are both excellent at calling what KyoAni will do next! Good job, guys!

The way I see it, Heminga went 4.5/5. That's 90%. Not bad... not bad at all.

And Kogetsu called it so far in the past that it's quite impressive.
Old 2009-10-09, 01:14   Link #143
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Ho ho, but way back when on the old Season Two Speculation thread (and on the image thread, more than a year ago), there was this fan-made poster-wallpaper depicting a Disappearance movie:

Disclaimer: This was not made by me, just pointing it out. All credit goes to the original author.
Old 2009-10-09, 01:27   Link #144
kyosak
poo

Would be pretty cool if they managed to get it playing in US theaters... At least in select theaters or something!
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 01:30   Link #145
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
... That... really has nothing at all to do with the story, aside from Haruhi's appearance and maybe what Koizumi is wearing... and the way the title is written would've worked better for Endless Eight.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-10-09, 01:57   Link #146
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

As long as KyoAni genuinely tries its best, and just does a basic straight-up adaptation with this movie... it'll be very good, if not great or terrific.
I'll have to join you folks in the "stop the gimmicks and do what you do best" crowd.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 02:02   Link #147
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
lol they just FUMOFFU-ed themselves in the foot... they should've gone through Disappearance instead of Endless Eight XD

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 02:08   Link #148
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I'll have to join you folks in the "stop the gimmicks and do what you do best" crowd.
Welcome to the gang! Pull up a chair, and enjoy our gang's night of Haruhi movie watching. There's free beer and popcorn for all who join us! We also have some great definitive Haruhi tunes playing in the background, like that schmaltzy restaurant music from E8!

They really should open up a restaurant in Japan called "The Restaurant of Haruhi Suzumiya" and make it look and sound exactly like the restaurant in E8; I'm sure it would do endlessly well!
Old 2009-10-09, 02:09   Link #149
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!

Except, then you'd have Disappearance being treated the same as Sigh. I don't think anyone here would've honestly liked that to happen.
Old 2009-10-09, 02:12   Link #150
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
They really should open up a restaurant in Japan called "The Restaurant of Haruhi Suzumiya" and make it look and sound exactly like the restaurant in E8; I'm sure it would do endlessly well!
That cafe is already an IRL location like everything else in Haruhi...
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 02:14   Link #151
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!

The only drawback is that it doesn't feature the SOS Brigade as regulars.
Old 2009-10-09, 02:15   Link #152
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Quote:
Except, then you'd have Disappearance being treated the same as Sigh. I don't think anyone here would've honestly liked that to happen.
I honestly would. Sigh was, by far, the best part of this year of Haruhi episodes, imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
That cafe is already an IRL location like everything else in Haruhi...
Good point. I wonder if the cafe in question promotes themselves as being in the Haruhi Suzumiya anime? They really should if they don't.

Quote:
The only drawback is that it doesn't feature the SOS Brigade as regulars.
Also, it would be great if they called it "The Restaurant of Haruhi Suzumiya".
Old 2009-10-09, 02:16   Link #153
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!

Quote:
I honestly would. Sigh was, by far, the best part of this year of Haruhi episodes, imho.
I was referring to the fact that it'd just be haphazardly tacked onto the '06 season if it were included.
Old 2009-10-09, 02:21   Link #154
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Quote:
I was referring to the fact that it'd just be haphazardly tacked onto the '06 season if it were included.
Oh. Well, as for that old debate... since we're getting a Disappearance movie now, it's perhaps rendered moot.

As long as its a well-done movie, I'll be happy with the overall direction of the Haruhi anime.
Old 2009-10-09, 03:04   Link #155
kniteowl

Assuming the disappearance movie does turn out to be very successful, can we expect future Haruhi Arcs to be made into movies?

I can't see intrigues being turned into a movie but Dissociation/Astonishment might be turned into one depending how the story/novel turns out but it's be a nightmare to animate due to *read spoilers*

Spoiler for dissociation:
Old 2009-10-09, 03:09   Link #156
Solafighter
Hige

Haruhi as movie?

Thats some great news.
Old 2009-10-09, 03:34   Link #157
Airman8
Helvetica Standard

Quote:
I guess that my view of Kadokawa/KyoAni had plummeted to such depths that getting Disappearance at all, even in a movie airing later than what I would have thought (if they were to go the movie route), is a very pleasant piece of news to me.
I'm starting to think I'm the only one who interpreted the E8 spectacle and all the other trolling in a positive light. I took it as a sign that they have a special place in their hearts for the Haruhi series. Maybe it was the visible depiction of Hyperion by Dan Simmons in a S1 episode that made me feel like they're really doing their homework on this one...

Quote:
But hey, given that I can be a hopeful Montreal Canadiens fan after the disappointment they've put me through, I can certainly do the same for Haruhi.
Poor Carrie. My Canucks really gave him a thrashing last night, and in front of his family to boot. Fortunately I have a more optimistic outlook for Haruhi. The fact that they've announced the movie, and as Chaos pointed out, their first movie, suggests to me that they are ready to rise to the occasion. I'm very excited for it!
Airman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 03:44   Link #158
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman8 View Post
I'm starting to think I'm the only one who interpreted the E8 spectacle and all the other trolling in a positive light. I took it as a sign that they have a special place in their hearts for the Haruhi series. Maybe it was the visible depiction of Hyperion by Dan Simmons in a S1 episode that made me feel like they're really doing their homework on this one...
Well, there are people who sincerely liked E8. And I will admit that KyoAni's approach of intricately basing the settings and backgrounds of Haruhi on real world places is a very nice touch, displaying serious artistic dedication.

Quote:
Poor Carrie.
Yep. I felt bad for him too.

Quote:
My Canucks really gave him a thrashing last night, and in front of his family to boot.
You're a hockey fan too? Cool! The Canucks have a good team this year. I think that they're a contender to be sure.

Quote:
Fortunately I have a more optimistic outlook for Haruhi. The fact that they've announced the movie, and as Chaos pointed out, their first movie, suggests to me that they are ready to rise to the occasion. I'm very excited for it!
Same here! I can't wait to see what they come up with.
Old 2009-10-09, 04:11   Link #159
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Mmm.. one more anime movie to watch out for.

Say, how would Yuki sound in the movie? I'm thinking it would be somewhat closer to Chihara Minori's real voice.
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 04:38   Link #160
Solachinx
is a myth

Send a message via Skype™ to Solachinx
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Mmm.. one more anime movie to watch out for.

Say, how would Yuki sound in the movie? I'm thinking it would be somewhat closer to Chihara Minori's real voice.
Just a little bit closer, but not much. Yuki is still very quiet as a normie.

I just realized: Do you think they'll include Lover into the movie, or do you think it'll be a normal episode?

Tags
science fiction, shounen