AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-14, 09:32   Link #21
Anlushac11

Cool

Shirase is a legendary uber-hacker. He is reknown worldwide for his skills. Nothing is inpenetrable.

His trademark is the three sisters. Where he hacks into, takes over, and crashes 3 satellites, the first two are sacrificed as disposable shields to protect the 3rd one so it can hit a target. In the show BPS used Cosmos Milsats that the Russians denied even having so they cant make much of a public fuss about them.

He gets hired by corporate and Goverment persons to be a counter-hacker to thwart King Of America.

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1..._programm.html
Anlushac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-14, 17:37   Link #22
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

The show seems to rehash a couple of situations in the episodes I've seen and also it may seem quite dull at times... but despite that, the OP and ED alone has gotten me to watch the show on a regular basis...
Prince of Chronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-14, 21:01   Link #23
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I like it. Its funny and light-hearted. I love BPS' reactions to everything (like buildings being blown up, etc). And yes his little 'school-girl' fetish is a little disturbing, but its not like he's going to do anything. By the way I think the girl is in 6th grade (the last grade of Japanese elementary school).

Maybe I enjoy this because I'm studying computer engineering, and its hilarious to see things like "Definite-Kill, Double Compile!". I'm actually doing a research project with one of my professors right now on computer intrusion detection and building an adaptive response system. I should let the prof know of BPS
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-20, 12:42   Link #24
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Bps Ep3

Well, after watching this mini-episode things in the opening credits for BPS are starting to come together and make sense. Plus, I noticed that they kind of kept away from the cliche's of the first two, which was a nice switch. Plus that short police woman chick from the opening credits and the little girl from the ending credits is in there too.

Won't tell you all what happened, you'll just have to see that for yourself, but man, this episode really turned things around. I thought it was going to tank as a series, but from the looks of this third installment, it very well may just take off. Of course BPS was his normal bland self again. Made me laugh a lot.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-20, 21:04   Link #25
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Its getting better, so im sticking with it for a while. That kid policewoman appeared and it seems like she'll be meeting BPS in the next episode, I hope he doesn't do anything perverted. I really wish the episodes were longer instead of making all these parts it getting annoying.
Old 2003-11-20, 21:31   Link #26
Esperchld
Photographer

And here I was thinking: "Where are my pervert scenes?"
Esperchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-20, 22:55   Link #27
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
I liked this ep.. It's really getting interesting. I can't wait for the next. I'm wondering what's going to happen when Shirase and that little hacker girl meet. Ooh. I can't wait. xD Shirase is so funny.
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-21, 01:47   Link #28
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, and to think that initially nobody held this series in high regard. Nice to see it turn around and start to become good. Especially with the good hacker/bad hacker them to it. Very cool. Definately tickles my geek side.
Old 2003-11-21, 18:48   Link #29
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
^actually, i liked this show from the start . I really wish that it each ep wasnt so shor though~
Old 2003-11-21, 19:19   Link #30
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

As soon as I figure out how to use VirtualDub correctly, I'm looking at taking We Suck's (that just sounds so weird) release and merge each of the 3 episodes in each episode into a single 30 minute episode each. That won't happen right away, but eventually it will. Make it simplier for the lazy.
Old 2003-11-21, 22:46   Link #31
Koshiba

I also liked the show from episode 1. I hate the shortness too.. It's like just when it's getting good it's over and I'm like "Damn!" xD It's evil.
Old 2003-11-22, 00:41   Link #32
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

This is kind of an odd thought, but with Bottle Fairy ending in another 6 episodes (the raw of ep7 is out already, that's why i say that.) it will leave BPS all alone in that time slot. Unless they come up with another 15 minute wonder that fills that slot, I'm starting to think that BPS may go and become a full half hour. That would mean 1 full episode every week, not spread out over 3 weeks. I'm guessing at this as I don't know for certain, but I suspect that'll be what happens. Being a hacker comedy/drama show, I'm sure the producers were glad to do it this way initially because it meant that they could test out the show. If it went good, it would go to a full half hour, if not, it gets canned at the end of bottle fairy. I personally expect it to go to a full half hour, or at teh very least stay where it's at. IT's just too good now to drop it.
Old 2003-11-22, 00:47   Link #33
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I agree this show is just too interesting to get canned, has their been any other hacker themed anime before. This show just brings out my inner geek ness everytime I watch it.
Old 2003-11-22, 10:50   Link #34
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I don't think there has been. Man, I so wish I could hack...er, program like BPS.

Can you imagine going up to your geek friends and going "look what I can do!" then bring up the entire CIA secret archives for kicks?
Old 2003-11-25, 02:47   Link #35
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

just watch ep3 part 2, I wonder who still watching this....

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-25, 03:32   Link #36
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

hehe. I love the series and the last part of this episode looks freaking awesome.
Old 2003-11-25, 05:57   Link #37
Koshiba

Hehe. Just watched the episode. Yoriko is pretty interesting. XD She's cool. After this episode.. for some reason I like Shirase even more. ^-^ I seriously love the music for this series too. It's getting interesting. I want to learn more about Shirase's past. I want to learn more about Yoriko too. Yoriko is pretty intelligent.. xD Whee. Once again, I can't wait for the next episode~
Old 2003-11-25, 06:28   Link #38
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

same here I want to know about Shirase's past when he was MPS, by the way what does the M stand for. He must've been some badass teenage kid back then. Seems like he doesnt want to talk about it so much.
Old 2003-11-25, 06:52   Link #39
u&t

Havent seen ep 3 part 2 yet but Shirase doesn't seem like a pervert too me. In ep 1 when Misao is making lunch/breakfast for Shirase it's the camera that tries to take a peek up Misaos skirt, not Shirase.

My guess is the show is making fun of the target audience (juvenile boys of all ages) and our fascination with young teenage anime shoolgirls

I'm treating this show as satire for now and thats why I'm watching it. A show being funny while bashing geek culture is not something to be missed.
u&t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-25, 07:08   Link #40
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by u&t
Havent seen ep 3 part 2 yet but Shirase doesn't seem like a pervert too me. In ep 1 when Misao is making lunch/breakfast for Shirase it's the camera that tries to take a peek up Misaos skirt, not Shirase.

My guess is the show is making fun of the target audience (juvenile boys of all ages) and our fascination with young teenage anime shoolgirls

I'm treating this show as satire for now and thats why I'm watching it. A show being funny while bashing geek culture is not something to be missed.
BPS is not a pervert, he just likes em young. Come on he was obviously Jealous when that boy and Misao was together in ep 2. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to notice. Not to mention it seems like hes reading dirty magazines or the ones with the cute girls in it, tell me he isn't a pervert. Why do they have to put this stupid perverted fanservice crap in it, I think it do better without.