AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 50 35.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 29.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 18.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 8.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.88%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-18, 04:42   Link #201
Uchiha Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Probably not, but he could've done it in a more...credible way. Otherwise it can be mistaken for humor.

Like just an embrace of desperation could've sufficed, why would he need to bop Evatrice repeatedly over the head? That's almost something a 8 year old would do.
yeah thats what i meant .. his way was like i dont know how to explain it!
even if he thought her his wife, she is a killer (killing her bro & his wife and standing there laughing at them, putting her foot on Rudolf head!!) i mean c'mon he must be shocked & scared .. one slap is enough for their case coz the wanna show us how close they are but in normal cases people not take a one step near to the killer.. but bopping repeatedly over the head!! itz a silly way to stop a confused killer even if this person is the closest and beloved one in your whole life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
The stake that was found in Kyrie was Mammon of Greed. Kyrie actually killed Leviathon.

I think it's also wierd that two stakes were not used for Maria and Rosa. In the previous episodes second twilights stakes were found in Jessica, Hideyoshi, and Eva.

It's strange, two stakes were not used for the second twilight then two stakes die...
kyrie may be punished bcoz of her greed or envied but i think she is poor especially if what she said is true abt Asumu had stolen her man .. but i think the one who must be blamed is Rudolf, leaving his girl for another one ... Ahhhhh what a life!

abt Maria & Rosa .. maybe bcoz Evatrice didnt commit the murder, the one who did it was former Beatrica (sometimes i think she is Beato the meta one) but Evatrice choosed them to be the 2nd twilight sacrifices?! but if you read the 2nd twilight carefully, u'll NOT find a word (Gouge) explicitly .. it said "On the 2nd twilight, those who remain shall tear apart, the two who are close" so maybe itz not necessary to stab the sacrifices .. well this is just a theory.
Old 2009-10-18, 05:24   Link #202
Workworkwork

Spoiler for What Hideyoshi's rant should have looked like instead of IM GUNA BOP U 1 GURL:
Old 2009-10-18, 05:39   Link #203
Ssol

The problem I have with that scene is that Eva-Beatrice clearly does not have control of the situation but she fires the gun at a perfect angle that kills Hideyoshi and completely misses her. If she has the power to aim the gun that well she should have easily been able to control Hideyoshi.
Old 2009-10-18, 05:45   Link #204
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier

Somethings wrong. First you have a rather complex setup with six bodies in seperate rooms with word that there are "Closed Rooms" involved, but then afterwards the murders get really, really sloppy....at least compared top before. Staking being handled poorly...potentially people getting the wrong stake in them after the fact. People being unstaked.

Its like whoever was behind this in the other two arcs either isn't involved anymore...or was one of the first eight people killed. I say first eight because the whole First Twilight is rather complex and all....but after that? Rosa and Maria's murder was very messy.
Old 2009-10-18, 06:02   Link #205
Ssol

If it is the first eight people killed that would mean that the culprit or culprits for the first two arcs would have to be between:
Kinzo - Kanon - Shannon - Genji - Kumasawa - Gohda - Rosa - Maria

The only one of them who survived to the end of both arcs was Maria and right when she died in the third arc things are getting messy. Could be a coincidence though.
Old 2009-10-18, 06:37   Link #206
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Or the original culprit kept his promise and stopped the murders seeing as how Eva found the gold.

I'm not very fond of this theory myself 'though.

Old 2009-10-18, 11:16   Link #207
Uchiha Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Or the original culprit kept his promise and stopped the murders seeing as how Eva found the gold.

I'm not very fond of this theory myself 'though.
yes .. good point, i didnt think abt that!
but the problem is why the murders still continue according to the epitaph? is it bcoz Rosa didnt expose that she solved the puzzle?
let's see, if Beatrice is the original culprit .. why she asked Evatrice to continue the murders? she must give her everything then end the story!!
sometimes i try to think as Battler, there is NO magic, the one who did the crimes is a humen.. but at last i always got a headache coz what i see is just witches and Magic.

i know this story doesnt make sense like the previous stories, but i think this one got different styles in presenting the incidents .. i dont know, i kinda like it
battler's thoughts are improving .. new charecters are appearing
i feel like the key of the game is somewhere here
Old 2009-10-18, 15:20   Link #208
maximilianjenus
[E]

I guess at this point an anty-fantasy player can go with this reasoning.

Spoiler for higurashi:
Old 2009-10-19, 09:34   Link #209
AudriSampson
Ange Ushiromiya's Fangirl

Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson
Not to go off topic but this Arc just doesnt seem that great. Beatrice is letting Eva-Beatrice take over her game and things are just getting silly. I really loved the Seven Stakes of Purgatory and seeing them get replaced with two silly bunnygirls was just downright aggrevating.

Were also getting a Beato that seems to lost herself somehow.. Wanting Battler to like her... WTF. How can anyone with any kind of sense expect someone to like you after walking them on their hands and knees naked then feed them to goats.. This after killing all of his family. This "softy" Beatrice is such a stretch...

To me this episode-arc just seems to be some kind of silly parody arc to balance out how much horror was involved in the previous one. I havent played any of the Games so Im praying the next arc puts things back at the level of greatness of the first two arcs.
Old 2009-10-19, 09:45   Link #210
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudriSampson View Post
Not to go off topic but this Arc just doesnt seem that great. Beatrice is letting Eva-Beatrice take over her game and things are just getting silly. I really loved the Seven Stakes of Purgatory and seeing them get replaced with two silly bunnygirls was just downright aggrevating.

Were also getting a Beato that seems to lost herself somehow.. Wanting Battler to like her... WTF. How can anyone with any kind of sense expect someone to like you after walking them on their hands and knees naked then feed them to goats.. This after killing all of his family. This "softy" Beatrice is such a stretch...

To me this episode-arc just seems to be some kind of silly parody arc to balance out how much horror was involved in the previous one. I havent played any of the Games so Im praying the next arc puts things back at the level of greatness of the first two arcs.
It'll all make sense in the ending of this arc. I'll leave it at that.

Unless DEEN butures it. Pray to your god they don't.
Old 2009-10-19, 09:46   Link #211
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I find it ironic that you call the siestas "silly bunnygirls". It looks like they had their revenge on your signature XD

Anyway it's not like I don't see your point, however I suggest you wait the end of this arc to judge it. You might find out that many things that do not seem to make sense now, will make sense in the end.

Old 2009-10-19, 10:32   Link #212
AudriSampson

I never knew I had a sig till just now.... I hope you guys are right, Im really really loving this show and I guess Im just jumping the gun and worrying for nothing

Im also probably more attached to the Stakes then I should be... Between them and Beatrice and the Goats this show has been great for me..
Old 2009-10-19, 10:44   Link #213
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Am I the only one who actually liked the Siestas when I first saw them? Even the game players were complaining and calling them annoying at the time. >_>;

Old 2009-10-19, 10:57   Link #214
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

I like 410 and her smile. With the anime, now I love her voice too
Old 2009-10-19, 11:04   Link #215
AudriSampson

I think I would have liked the Siestas except they seem way to child-like (along with Eva Beatrice) for this series... At the point they show up Sloth just took a bullet for Eva-B) and now we get replacement furniture that reminds me of Meroko from Full Moon Wo Sagashite. That just really rubbed me wrong... but Ill follow through and pray it makes sense in the end.. Not that I could ever give up this series anyway

BTW Does anyone know if we will have all 5 arcs in this series?
Old 2009-10-19, 12:05   Link #216
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

No it is pretty much guaranteed we will only have 4 arcs. the 4th arc is the longest Episode so far. So it isn't strange it will take 8 anime episodes. If they squeezed Ep5 in them, both of them would be horribly mutilated.

Old 2009-10-19, 13:08   Link #217
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudriSampson View Post
I think I would have liked the Siestas except they seem way to child-like (along with Eva Beatrice) for this series... At the point they show up Sloth just took a bullet for Eva-B) and now we get replacement furniture that reminds me of Meroko from Full Moon Wo Sagashite. That just really rubbed me wrong... but Ill follow through and pray it makes sense in the end.. Not that I could ever give up this series anyway

BTW Does anyone know if we will have all 5 arcs in this series?
Well, the siesta actually reflects perfectly the temper of childness (Actually more like a cruel spoiled child). So for me, Siesta really are furniture more suited for her. After, it sure can seem deplaced in this anime, but for me, Eva-B and the Siesta represent another category of cruelness, don't you think you can compare it to a child who find that he can kill any bugs he see. He will test the more fun to do it, without obligatory seeing it as bad if someone don't scold him. Furthermore, if you look at that, you can understand Beato's a little better (I see it like that personnaly).
Old 2009-10-19, 13:15   Link #218
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

The Siestas are more childish than the Stakes (with the exceptions of Beelzebub and Leviathan maybe...), but I always found that the Stakes were more cruel. The Siestas were just obeying orders and fired, but the Stakes make a game out of killing sacrifices.

Old 2009-10-19, 13:30   Link #219
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier

Well Satan did enjoy penetrating Kanon's chest.
Old 2009-10-19, 13:51   Link #220
AudriSampson

The Stakes certainly seemed to enjoy there roll as killers much better and really liked to play there prey so much more..
Closed Thread