AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 02 Rating
Perfect 10 45 38.14%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 21.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.78%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.85%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-18, 10:46   Link #161
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Space-time
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary Send a message via Skype™ to forgottendiary
I didn't get a lot of Yin in S1 up until the middle arcs, I just realized.
I suppose I'll have to wait patiently this time too. *pumps fist*
__________________
forgottendiary is offline  
Old 2009-10-18, 13:10   Link #162
Megrim27
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Did anyone else notice that Hei was not able to see the meteor fragment hanging around her neck? That's why he was frisking her. Shion's doing?

I'm thinking Hei's powers were only neutralized, not transferred. I just think this because we only saw Hei's star dim, it was not shown that a new star appeared. It's still possible, but I just don't think so. As for how bad he'd feel about losing Bai again, he already said goodbye to her at the end of season one, so I don't believe he's running around thinking she's still with him in that sense.

I think Hei lied about killing the professor, it certainly isn't beyond him. It's possible that Hei is playing his own deep game while working for the CIA, but that seems a remote chance considering how lost he looks.
Megrim27 is offline  
Old 2009-10-18, 13:48   Link #163
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I'm pretty sure he didn't notice the thing around her neck because its not the meteor shard. Shion has the meteor shard, he had Suou dress like him so he could get away with it while people chased her thinking it was him. Now we don't know exactly what it is that the pendant though, but I doubt Shion would give her the meteor shard which is what everyone wants while using her a decoy.
__________________
Xacual is offline  
Old 2009-10-18, 14:44   Link #164
alu546
y prime
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The South
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I'm pretty sure he didn't notice the thing around her neck because its not the meteor shard. Shion has the meteor shard, he had Suou dress like him so he could get away with it while people chased her thinking it was him. Now we don't know exactly what it is that the pendant though, but I doubt Shion would give her the meteor shard which is what everyone wants while using her a decoy.
Yes, another point: Shion is a complete ass.

Even though I suppose it is inevitable. As this series goes along and she sees more and more contractors, I wonder if her feelings on Shion shift any?
alu546 is offline  
Old 2009-10-18, 16:15   Link #165
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Yes, another point: Shion is a complete ass.
Would really appear so. Do we have any Shion supporters? and no "he's a contractor" doesn't count.
__________________
felix is offline  
Old 2009-10-18, 16:18   Link #166
Strange
Incoherent at best.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Would really appear so. Do we have any Shion supporters? and no "he's a contractor" doesn't count.
He did save Suou's life in the mansion. I think he cares for her. It's just that he cares for himself far, far more, and saving her life was just a nice side effect of her becoming the perfect decoy.
Strange is offline  
Old 2009-10-18, 17:54   Link #167
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
What are Shion's powers? Anyone want to take a guess?

I think he has the power of creating illusions... That's why Suou thinks Hei killed her father, and maybe that's why Hei didn't see the meteor fragment around her neck?
Reckoner is online now  
Old 2009-10-18, 18:25   Link #168
wandering-dreamer
reads too much
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: you know that's a great question.....
I get the impression that for such a strong price (he hasn't been able to use his legs in two years!) that Shion must have a very strong, and possibly very broad, power. Can manipulate minds (like, mess with memories, telepathy, mind-control/brainwashing,ect)? Have we had a contractor that could do that before?
wandering-dreamer is offline  
Old 2009-10-18, 18:35   Link #169
Sakabatou77
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: US Michigan
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Would really appear so. Do we have any Shion supporters? and no "he's a contractor" doesn't count.
Yes it does. What he did was a rational thing for him to do to survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner
What are Shion's powers? Anyone want to take a guess?

I think he has the power of creating illusions... That's why Suou thinks Hei killed her father, and maybe that's why Hei didn't see the meteor fragment around her neck?
Good guess and theory. It would make sense if that's the case.
Sakabatou77 is offline  
Old 2009-10-18, 18:40   Link #170
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakabatou77 View Post
Yes it does. What he did was a rational thing for him to do to survive.
Which would put him in the self centered cold blooded killer group... not a good thing (hence why it doesn't count).
__________________
felix is offline  
Old 2009-10-18, 19:32   Link #171
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
Episode 2 - The Fallen Meteor

Lots of questions unanswered and new ones risen up, and yet I love this temporal setting of mystery and uncertainty, because the action pleases the most.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline  
Old 2009-10-18, 20:08   Link #172
Sakabatou77
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: US Michigan
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Which would put him in the self centered cold blooded killer group... not a good thing (hence why it doesn't count).
Yes it does! Being a Contractor, (a person who doesn't act on emotions,) makes you the perfect killing machine.
Sakabatou77 is offline  
Old 2009-10-18, 20:22   Link #173
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakabatou77 View Post
Yes it does! Being a Contractor, (a person who doesn't act on emotions,) makes you the perfect killing machine.
And apples are red. The argument is "Shion is a complete ass.", your point makes sense, just makes no sense in context.
__________________
felix is offline  
Old 2009-10-18, 21:25   Link #174
Sakabatou77
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: US Michigan
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
And apples are red. The argument is "Shion is a complete ass.", your point makes sense, just makes no sense in context.
I know the argument is Shion is an ass. He's a Contractor, which makes him an ass. He wouldn't have done that if he wasn't a Contractor. What I'm stating is that you as a viewer shouldn't be surprised at his actions. I know I'm not.
Sakabatou77 is offline  
Old 2009-10-18, 21:29   Link #175
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by V4sH View Post
why was she naked though?...
Who knows? Maybe her spirit left her body for some reason and went some place.

Maybe the OVA will shed some light onto it.
__________________
orion is offline  
Old 2009-10-18, 21:39   Link #176
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
He did save Suou's life in the mansion. I think he cares for her. It's just that he cares for himself far, far more, and saving her life was just a nice side effect of her becoming the perfect decoy.
Actually Suou running around in his clothes just makes her the perfect decoy. He proved that wearing girl's clothes would put her in no danger as he did that himself. He saved himself by using Suou imo.
__________________
orion is offline  
Old 2009-10-18, 22:27   Link #177
dear4life
Contractor
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hell's Gate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
What are Shion's powers? Anyone want to take a guess?

I think he has the power of creating illusions... That's why Suou thinks Hei killed her father, and maybe that's why Hei didn't see the meteor fragment around her neck?
He didn't care about the thing around her neck, because it's not the meteor fragment.
__________________
dear4life is offline  
Old 2009-10-18, 23:19   Link #178
Strange
Incoherent at best.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I hope Shion's power isn't to create illusions. I saw what happened to Aizen and Bleach, and it's not pretty. The ability to pretty much create deus ex machinas out of thin air, every time, just by going LOL ILLUSION ALL ALONG isn't fun at all.

I think it's the ability to enter minds. Read minds, talk to them, etc. We saw a display of that when he ordered Suou to go dress in his clothes. But that alone wouldn't be powerful enough to warrant years of sitting as renumeration. The ability to read minds, though? In a spy-infested world like DtB, that's pretty godly.
Strange is offline  
Old 2009-10-18, 23:20   Link #179
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by dear4life View Post
He didn't care about the thing around her neck, because it's not the meteor fragment.
But it looks like the thing that hit her brother in the face.

How all 3 survived a ground zero impact with a meteor is something I want explained.
__________________
orion is offline  
Old 2009-10-19, 01:20   Link #180
KrebMarkt
Never do well
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CENSORED
The mystery is Shion used his power in the past as he was still paying his Remuneration at the start of the anime. As far as i understand contractors use their power first then Remuneration for it and not the other way around.

So when & why he used his power.
KrebMarkt is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.