AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-10-25, 17:22   Link #161
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
To be fair though, the shichibukai all started out as rookies at some point. I'm sure that if we compare them now to when they were offered the position quite a few years back, the difference in power would be quite big. The supernovas just need time to grow, and then they'll be just as formidable as the shichibukai.
I think one thing that really helps throw people off is the bounties of the Shichibukai... sure they may be former bounties but that WAS their bounty when they first got their position... essentially anyone with a bounty of 100 million or more should be considered a viable candidate for Shichibukai

Not to mention that Oda says the true bounty (if it did not stop rising) of some of the members could be as much as double their old bounties... which in Croc's case is 160 million... and we know that's about average for the supernovas, with that highest being almost double that amount

I think the problem was that Oda wanted to use bounties as a sort of power level system; just one that would have enough variables that it would not be 100% accurate... for the villians, He wanted to be able to tell the reader that X was stronger then Y, and will thus be even harder for Luffy to fight... the problem is caused by the simple fact that Croc was fairly early compared to the rest of shichibukai and thus needed to display a relatively low bounty to make sure we preseved the rest of them as serious threats
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 17:46   Link #162
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkBattousai View Post
I doubt that Tenryoubito would allow Kid and Law to be Shichibukai after Shabaody incident. I know they didn't do anything offensive then, but their existence in such a place and in such a moment is enough. You know how spoiled Tenryoubito are and how their brain works...

I wouldn't be so sure. Remember, the nobles present at the auction clearly saw that it was the Straw-Hats who KO'ed Charlos and Roswald. So yeah, while it's true that the marines pin-pointed Kidd and Law as accomplices, I think the nobles themselves would still reserve their wrath for the Straw-Hats. And remember, Luffy's crew is easily identifiable since every member has a bounty on their head......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
which in Croc's case is 160 million...

162 million, to be exact.

Quote:
I think the problem was that Oda wanted to use bounties as a sort of power level system; just one that would have enough variables that it would not be 100% accurate... for the villians, He wanted to be able to tell the reader that X was stronger then Y, and will thus be even harder for Luffy to fight... the problem is caused by the simple fact that Croc was fairly early compared to the rest of shichibukai and thus needed to display a relatively low bounty to make sure we preseved the rest of them as serious threats

I see the whole "bounty=power level" system to only be half-true Remember, Aokiji clearly told Luffy's crew at the longring long island that bounties represent not just strength, but just how much of a threat those criminals are to the government. After all, Robin certainly wasn't a powerhouse when she was 8 years old, was she? Also, why is it that Luffy could beat Bellamy in a single punch, but struggle against Foxy, a guy whose bounty is less than half that of the former enemy's? Heck, signs are already pointing to Buggy getting a huge bounty hike despite him being a total pansy compared to everyone else at Marineford (seriously, his band of followers from Impel Down are all stronger than him, but they're too absorbed in idolizing him to realize it themselves).

So yeah, a bounty isn't always proportional to the criminals' strength......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 19:19   Link #163
andy

The thing is not all pirates wanted to be shichibukai , they ask Ace he said no. Who knows who else they ask but they turn them down.

I don't see kid or law wanting to become shichibukai. Then kid kill so much people they might not wanted some one like him in the shichibukai.

Then the bigger question is how long more are the WG going to kept the shichibukai around . If they make allot more px and upgrade them. There's no need for the shichibukai.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 19:48   Link #164
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Then the bigger question is how long more are the WG going to kept the shichibukai around . If they make allot more px and upgrade them. There's no need for the shichibukai.
If other Yonkous were to involve in this fight, I would have said, WG wanted to get rid of both Shichibukai and Yonkou at the same time, but right now that is not the case. And, it is too early to talk about the future right now. Pacifistas, I am assuming, would be more fitting for the job to prevent the rookies from rising to the new world level. But, if they ever rise, then, Pacifistas may not be capable of handling the job of stopping them.

Pacifistas will always lack in the decision making area, and that will be their biggest limitation.
Old 2009-10-25, 20:59   Link #165
marvelB

Quote:
I don't see kid or law wanting to become shichibukai. Then kid kill so much people they might not wanted some one like him in the shichibukai.

I don't think Kidd's reputation as a mass murderer will prevent him from getting the position. Remember, Rob Lucci was a guy who killed 500 innocent hostages when he was 13 years old, and he became the government's top assassin. Akainu killed several innocent bystanders at Ohara due to their possible connection to a small group of scholars. And until recently, Impel Down had a guy like Shiryuu under their employment, whose greatest joy was giving prisoners an impromptu execution. Therefore, I'm pretty sure that the WG would have no qualms about taking Kidd under their wing since, unlike Luffy and Zoro, he hasn't proved himself to be a significant threat to the government (to the general public yes, but not the government itself).......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 22:01   Link #166
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I don't think Kidd's reputation as a mass murderer will prevent him from getting the position. Remember, Rob Lucci was a guy who killed 500 innocent hostages when he was 13 years old, and he became the government's top assassin. Akainu killed several innocent bystanders at Ohara due to their possible connection to a small group of scholars. And until recently, Impel Down had a guy like Shiryuu under their employment, whose greatest joy was giving prisoners an impromptu execution. Therefore, I'm pretty sure that the WG would have no qualms about taking Kidd under their wing since, unlike Luffy and Zoro, he hasn't proved himself to be a significant threat to the government (to the general public yes, but not the government itself).......
They were all working for the marines first . Seem you are forgetting that the WG kill who ever they wanted under the name of justice. Kid was never working for the WG when he did those things. Not saying it won't happen but once you are working for the WG you get away with whole allot more.

It fact shiryuu did it to much with out having a reason that why end up in jail.
Old 2009-10-25, 22:58   Link #167
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I think one thing that really helps throw people off is the bounties of the Shichibukai... sure they may be former bounties but that WAS their bounty when they first got their position... essentially anyone with a bounty of 100 million or more should be considered a viable candidate for Shichibukai

Not to mention that Oda says the true bounty (if it did not stop rising) of some of the members could be as much as double their old bounties... which in Croc's case is 160 million... and we know that's about average for the supernovas, with that highest being almost double that amount
you forgot about inflation. In the normal world, inflation is about 5% every year, for pirates and with the amount of treasures they seem to get, it is probably even higher. So Croc's 162 mil may have been the equivalent of the present 500 mil
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 07:02   Link #168
andy

Look like some really bad quality pics outs.
Old 2009-10-26, 08:44   Link #169
Prestige

Quote:
Look like some really bad quality pics outs.
Yeah checked them too, things dont look so good for Whitebeard.

Well I wont spoil myself more than that on this week. I better avoid these threads till Friday...
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote