AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 37 29.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 33.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 25.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 7.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.79%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-24, 01:07   Link #141
Arbane the Terrible
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
Preview for Episode 18 is subbed guys.

God I loled. If Touhou becomes an anime, I expect Deen to make it.

With our beloved Lambdadelta as ⑨

Perfect Freeze!
Perfect Link! (Edit: For episode 18-here there be spoilers.)

(And thanks, 4evadiamondz & CruelestWitch.)

Last edited by Arbane the Terrible; 2009-10-24 at 05:05.
Arbane the Terrible is offline  
Old 2009-10-24, 01:53   Link #142
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a certain tropical island
Age: 28
Ah BTW, the link above is the preview for episode 18. Don't click it if you don't wanna be spoiled for the next episode.
__________________

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Christen is offline  
Old 2009-10-24, 03:48   Link #143
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
Todays episode felt dragged out, Pieces worrying over stuff we have seen time and time again, other than that here are the pro's and cons of the episode so far:

+ Siesters Improved Rocket Shot - Hellyeah! that was awesome, much better than last time.
+ Beatrice meeting George.
+ Piece-Battlers Anje foreshadowing.
- Still cant get used to Beatos 470 degree personalty twist. It usually takes a whole season to fix a demeanor of that level.
- Chibi-Evatrice feels like one big plot hole In order to cover for the lack of development when Beatrice left the throne, it would be far more interesting if Battrice appeared creating a unsolvable paradox.
- Something does not feel right... The episode felt stale, the lack of dark BGM music is really taking a toll on the shows atmosphere.

Last edited by Crontica; 2009-10-24 at 04:55.
Crontica is offline  
Old 2009-10-24, 04:51   Link #144
npal
I desire Tomorrow!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sixth Layer of Celestia
Age: 31
Moe Moe Beato? Waiting for the Kyun
npal is online now  
Old 2009-10-24, 04:53   Link #145
Echoman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
what? Beato likes them, she even calls them "my children", she fixes Battler so they can play with him and all.... I have never saw her threatening them (i guess so)
Well she was pretty mean to Lucifer when she lost to Kanon in the VN.
Echoman is offline  
Old 2009-10-24, 05:18   Link #146
Workworkwork
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: a better place than here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoman View Post
Well she was pretty mean to Lucifer when she lost to Kanon in the VN.
Well, the difference was that she expected better of Lucifer. Eva-Beatrice just doesn't care.
Workworkwork is offline  
Old 2009-10-24, 05:36   Link #147
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: カケラの海
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Something does not feel right... The episode felt stale, the lack of dark BGM music is really taking a toll on the shows atmosphere.
i'm starting to worry there will be no happiness of marionette in next ep...
desirebluesky is offline  
Old 2009-10-24, 05:56   Link #148
~Ayane~
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
Preview for Episode 18 is subbed guys.

God I loled. If Touhou becomes an anime, I expect Deen to make it.

With our beloved Lambdadelta as ⑨

Perfect Freeze!
yeah, i watched it to, its the most epic preview ever in Umineko! it actually shows something and a lot of it ;D oh my gosh, just 4 days more...well...5 for subs...

btw what the heck means 9 in Touhou? x_X
~Ayane~ is offline  
Old 2009-10-24, 06:37   Link #149
Digdri
Uu~ Let's solve a riddle
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
btw what the heck means 9 in Touhou? x_X
⑨ has become a synonym for one of the fan-favorite characters: Cirno, the ice fairy.
Likewise it has become a substitute for the word "baka" (idiot) because... well Cirno is always depicted as an childish or idiotic girl in fandom. Resulted from the fact that she has the easiest to dodge attacks in the whole game series.

The 9 itself come from a little nod of the author towards this fan interpretation. In a manual screenshot which explained the interface elements ( "1 = Life bar" etc.) there was circled 9 in the middle where Cirno was present during a boss fight. But the explanation didn't say boss or something like this but simply "baka".

So ⑨ in general is used to describe characters who act silly / childish / show obvious overestimation.

Lambdas talk about "super paper" in the tea party of the second game was an obvious shout out to this characters as her behavior was very similar to this idea. Considering the even paraphrased Cirnos catchphase ("I'm the strongest.") and the Touhou cosplay before, it sure was no coincidence... The preview just make this gag a little more explicite then the VNs. "Perfect Freeze" is also a shout out to one of her attacks.
Digdri is offline  
Old 2009-10-24, 06:48   Link #150
Workworkwork
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: a better place than here
Quote:
Originally Posted by desirebluesky View Post
i'm starting to worry there will be no happiness of marionette in next ep...
I think HoM got the cut. It's probably a much more expensive track to use, seeing as how it was played in important scenes, and thus Dai can raise the price on that one. .
Workworkwork is offline  
Old 2009-10-24, 07:17   Link #151
~Ayane~
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdri View Post
⑨ has become a synonym for one of the fan-favorite characters: Cirno, the ice fairy.
Likewise it has become a substitute for the word "baka" (idiot) because... well Cirno is always depicted as an childish or idiotic girl in fandom. Resulted from the fact that she has the easiest to dodge attacks in the whole game series.

The 9 itself come from a little nod of the author towards this fan interpretation. In a manual screenshot which explained the interface elements ( "1 = Life bar" etc.) there was circled 9 in the middle where Cirno was present during a boss fight. But the explanation didn't say boss or something like this but simply "baka".

So ⑨ in general is used to describe characters who act silly / childish / show obvious overestimation.

Lambdas talk about "super paper" in the tea party of the second game was an obvious shout out to this characters as her behavior was very similar to this idea. Considering the even paraphrased Cirnos catchphase ("I'm the strongest.") and the Touhou cosplay before, it sure was no coincidence... The preview just make this gag a little more explicite then the VNs. "Perfect Freeze" is also a shout out to one of her attacks.
oh, right, BAKA character, that would explain everything XD
oh, btw she finally said super paper 7 episodes later that she should! yay for deen!
now only Bern has to say "nippah" in one of the previews and ill be happy =3

(and your links doesnt work i think)
~Ayane~ is offline  
Old 2009-10-24, 11:36   Link #152
Uchiha Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
wow .. pretty good epi
George & Shanon part
Ange?! nice move .. i liked they add new character to the show .. not just Ange but Nanjo-sensei sick grandchild .. they didnt talked about them b4.

sorry if this question asked here before, but i cant read 5 pages .. so Is Ange Kyrie daughter or Asuma? coz what i remembered in epi 16, Kyrie talked abt her unborn child?!
Uchiha Soul is offline  
Old 2009-10-24, 11:42   Link #153
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: カケラの海
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
Ange is Kyrie's daughter. she's 6 years old at the time of the conference; in ep16 Kyrie was talking about how she was pregnant 18 years before. these were different kids.
desirebluesky is offline  
Old 2009-10-24, 11:45   Link #154
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
not just Ange but Nanjo-sensei sick grandchild
Oh in this case Nanjo's grandchild was never mentioned before even in the novel.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-10-24, 12:23   Link #155
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Nanjo's grandchild is more important than ange
maximilianjenus is offline  
Old 2009-10-24, 12:36   Link #156
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Remember people, even if it doesn't looks so, max is joking.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-10-24, 12:37   Link #157
Uchiha Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Nanjo's grandchild is more important than ange
Really

wow interesting .. i love this improvement
Uchiha Soul is offline  
Old 2009-10-24, 12:39   Link #158
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ImaginaryLand
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Nanjo's grandchild is more important than ange
I wouldn't be surprised if that actually came to be true by the end of the story.
__________________

momobunny is offline  
Old 2009-10-24, 12:39   Link #159
Uchiha Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Remember people, even if it doesn't looks so, max is joking.
oh MAAAAAAAAAAAAX for ur joking
hahahahahah .. nice move

Last edited by Uchiha Soul; 2009-10-24 at 12:51.
Uchiha Soul is offline  
Old 2009-10-24, 12:51   Link #160
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
There are theories involving that child, however you can see theories about anyone. I'd be surprised if there isn't a theory involving the cat that broke the vase in that flashback with chibi Beatrice.

Clearly... that cat had to be Bernkastel...
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.