AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-11, 12:43   Link #121
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Oh good. In the JP version you had to get all the Xeha Reports on Proud to unlock Final Episode, which I felt was pretty unreasonable.
Really? I got all 13 Xehanort reports in one play even with first play in Proud mode. It was easy enough. Only in Aqua's first two worlds gave me trouble back then. Then again, I'm the type who always do all the extra stuffs (like Mirage Arena) that I didn't realize those are the conditions.

EDIT: Also I thought you can also get secret ending even in Standard (huh, can't remember the term used) mode. But you need 100% completion to get that if you're using Standard mode. Only in Beginner mode that you def. can't get the secret ending.

100% completion is another story though. That ice-cream shooting mini-game was HELLISH at best. My poor fingers... 15 retries are not funny! Even getting all skills is easier for me...

But damn, I'm tempted to import the English version to re-beat the game and try to beat the special secret boss

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2010-09-11 at 12:59.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 12:58   Link #122
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
100% completion is another story though. That ice-cream shooting mini-game was HELLISH at best. My poor fingers... 15 retries are not funny! Even getting all skills is easier for me...
It wasn't that hard I found it. You just need to match the pressing of the button to the beat. Though I admit having to move the cursor could get a little tedious.

Quote:
But damn, I'm tempted to import the English version to re-beat the game and try to beat the special secret boss
Or you could try waiting. I'd bet you anything they'll release a Birth By Sleep: Final Mix in a little while with all the features the NA/EU versions have that the JAP didn't as well as a couple of new things.

Anyway, I finally beat the Final Episode (for those of you who haven't got there yet, make sure to work on improving Aqua before attempting as she's the character you use in it), and while it was a good game I missed the reaction commands from KH2. They made fights so much more entertaining visually. D=
Old 2010-09-11, 13:04   Link #123
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
It wasn't that hard I found it. You just need to match the pressing of the button to the beat. Though I admit having to move the cursor could get a little tedious.

Or you could try waiting. I'd bet you anything they'll release a Birth By Sleep: Final Mix in a little while with all the features the NA/EU versions have that the JAP didn't as well as a couple of new things.
For people who are just bad with matching the beat, it was hell enough. The first level isn't really difficult. Then you have the Sweets Paradise in the hardest one... I spent a lot of time after-game just to finish that one

Hey, you're right! Silly me, forgetting S-E's marketing tactics~ XD /patiently wait for Final Mix version then~

Old 2010-09-11, 16:47   Link #124
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Seeing as though you've played the original version, i wouldn't mind knowing what you'd think of the dub.
Old 2010-09-12, 02:31   Link #125
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Seeing as though you've played the original version, i wouldn't mind knowing what you'd think of the dub.
Oh, I only have heard little (cousin is playing the English version while I points out things for him atm) to compare, but I can honestly say this:

The Disney characters dub feels much more natural than the Japanese one (Okay, technically the Japanese one is the dub, but mundane details )

But on the side of the FF and KH's characters itself, Aqua's voice is more flowing and spot on in the Japanese one. English dub for her still feel flat :|a Other than that, the other characters' dubs is better than I imagine, especially Terra for me. =D

Old 2010-09-12, 02:43   Link #126
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Quote:
The Disney characters dub feels much more natural than the Japanese one (Okay, technically the Japanese one is the dub, but mundane details )
Even so, the original English voice actor for Mickey Mouse recently passed away, so they had to get someone new for his voice in this game. While he does sound similar, you can really hear the difference between the two if you've known Mickey's original English voice for a long time. =(

Personally I loved Leonard Nimoy as Xehanort. Couldn't have found a better person to do an elderly character.

Is it just me but is Haley Joel Osment's voice getting even deeper? Or was it just because he was playing a villain role this time? (Vanitas)
Old 2010-09-12, 03:02   Link #127
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Even so, the original English voice actor for Mickey Mouse recently passed away, so they had to get someone new for his voice in this game. While he does sound similar, you can really hear the difference between the two if you've known Mickey's original English voice for a long time. =(

Personally I loved Leonard Nimoy as Xehanort. Couldn't have found a better person to do an elderly character.

Is it just me but is Haley Joel Osment's voice getting even deeper? Or was it just because he was playing a villain role this time? (Vanitas)
I have yet to hear enough of King Mickey, my cousin is still in 1/4 of Ven's story (he finished Terra's though), still in the world before Radiant Garden. So can't really be a judge for him >_<;;

And yeah, I was a bit surprised hearing HJO's voice being deeper compared to his work in KH before. But if Irino can do hell (which is read as awesome. I have never heard him play his crazy voice role for sometime, or maybe ever before~) with Vanitas, it is only natural that HJO must veer from his usual upbeat, cheerier voice to a bit more sinister-feel to catch Vanitas' personality. And as you can see, I am weird for liking Vanitas as much as Ventus

And I do love Nimoy's work as Xehanort-really close to what I imagine from his original Japanese voice (I COULDN'T REMEMBER THE SEIYUU'S NAME SO FORGIVE ME orz). :3

Old 2010-09-12, 03:41   Link #128
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Other than that, the other characters' dubs is better than I imagine, especially Terra for me. =D
Oh that's good to hear. I didn't like what i heard of his voice, so i'm sure that'll change when i eventually play as him.

I had no idea that Mickey's original voice actor died.

& of course, Mark Hamill.
Old 2010-09-12, 13:33   Link #129
secretzfan
*Fansubber

hey KH BIRTH BY SLEEP just came out in dub so why don't they have cut scenes yet
Old 2010-09-12, 14:05   Link #130
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

@Natsuki : At least you've finished it in 15 retries >_>;
Must agree with Shiroth here, I still can't find Terra's voice to be...good. It's just weird to have him sound like that when you've played the japanese version o.o; Personally, I thought that his sound was just too..plain and emotionless sometimes. It does describe a feeling of young person in his voice, but there's something missing in it

Also, I'm glad that they choose a good Aqua's VA for this game. I think she sounds a bit too old, but she sounds fine because I think it potrayed her quite well

As for Xehanort...lol, I got goosebumps.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 14:06   Link #131
xBTAx

So some of you started with Aqua? I heard that it's better to do T-V-A, since Aqua's story apparently spoils Ven's. I don't know how though, since I've only just beaten Terra's on Proud. It was hard at first, but it was much easier once I managed to get my hands on Cure.

Honestly, I'm not really looking forward to Ven's story. He annoyed me enough in just the prologue. >.>
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 14:09   Link #132
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

Many worlds are done chronologically from Terra, Ven, and to Aqua So it's no wonder that there are many who suggest you to do TVA to play your game

Old 2010-09-12, 14:35   Link #133
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I heard about the recommended order before i purchased the game, though personally i'd just rather do it my own way.
Old 2010-09-12, 15:35   Link #134
Sempie
Rargna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Many worlds are done chronologically from Terra, Ven, and to Aqua So it's no wonder that there are many who suggest you to do TVA to play your game
That, and the creator Tetsuya Nomura recommends it.

I beat Terra's story yesterday, and I have to commend his VA Jason Dohring for being much better than I thought. However Standard was....I didn't expect it to be that easy...Which is why I chose Proud for Ven.

The rumble racing is very...I'm just plain horrible at it.
Old 2010-09-12, 16:57   Link #135
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Really? I got all 13 Xehanort reports in one play even with first play in Proud mode. It was easy enough. Only in Aqua's first two worlds gave me trouble back then. Then again, I'm the type who always do all the extra stuffs (like Mirage Arena) that I didn't realize those are the conditions.

EDIT: Also I thought you can also get secret ending even in Standard (huh, can't remember the term used) mode. But you need 100% completion to get that if you're using Standard mode. Only in Beginner mode that you def. can't get the secret ending.
I don't mean that I found it too difficult personally, but more that it was unfair to players who don't play these types of games very often.

Took down the first secret boss pretty easily (still haven't finished the Arena... too lazy to grind to 9999 medals), working on the second. Goddamn he's hard, haha. Currently using LV50 Ven.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 21:51   Link #136
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

I heard that you need to do some trick to defeat the first secret boss... Does using Detonating bombs really works ?

Old 2010-09-12, 22:11   Link #137
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Quote:
I heard that you need to do some trick to defeat the first secret boss... Does using Detonating bombs really works ?
Yeah it's done in the following video, the mine-laying magic is very helpful against Vanitas' Lingering Spirit. AI seems very stupid and always keeps walking into it. =p

Though this is the Japanese version so I don't know if the AI was fixed for the NA/EU version.

Plus the prize for beating him is nicer in the NA/EU version too instead of a melding gem. It's his keyblade the Void Gear. =)
Old 2010-09-12, 23:37   Link #138
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I just walked up and cast Tornado on him three times and he died. Very quick and easy. Only works with Ven, since nobody else gets it.

The trick is that Tornados actually chain, so once he gets caught in it once, he's basically dead.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 02:13   Link #139
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
I don't mean that I found it too difficult personally, but more that it was unfair to players who don't play these types of games very often.
Ah I see. Makes sense now Also I must apologize, I just realized you're talking about the final chapter, not secret ending before orz

I have to say that using Terra to defeat the secret boss (in JP version) is not... I don't even last 1 minute Terra's gameplay is so not practical lol
(On the other hand, I must admit Ven's play is the most enjoyable for speedster players like me )
Quote:
@Natsuki : At least you've finished it in 15 retries >_>;
Like I said, HELL. ;; The song got stuck on my head for the next 3 days btw

Old 2010-09-15, 08:33   Link #140
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

This is fast. And barely a week after the international release.

Tags
crossover, jrpg, mark hamill = over 9000, mx = vulcan