AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-10-23, 12:54   Link #101
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

@Thread Title:
Yes... quite a lot.

I certainly could live without it, yet I see no special reason to not eat meat. I would not stop eating meat on moral grounds, since I consider myself to be an omnivore. And I should not act against my nature in every aspect (I am rather conservative regarding food).
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 13:18   Link #102
raito20

I tend to eat meat, I have a major weakness for animals so i occasionally have some regrets, but i don't think i will become a vegeterian anytime soon.

New site for anime and manga quotes!
raito20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 13:20   Link #103
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
To answer the thread question, yes, I eat meat. Quite a lot of it, actually. Which is rather funny since I'm an Animal Science major and thanks to my classes I could now tell you just how old the chicken/beef/pork you want to eat was when it was slaughtered. But I still eat it, and I can't see myself becoming a vegetarian anytime soon.
Old 2009-10-23, 13:45   Link #104
Shiemi
Counting days

I need to eat meat with at least one meal a day. It would be weird for me if I don't and I don't think I would be able to become strictly vegetarian.

Frank Parsons
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 14:06   Link #105
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

When i was young i ate once a Horse Steak and it tastes good .
For the Kangoroos , i think in Australian , they eats a lot of them there .
Did they tastes like rabbits ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 14:24   Link #106
Ending

Meat is a part of a healthy diet and and the only reason why vegetarians can exist is the fact that there is an abundance of food available. It's a bit twisted faith, me thinks.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 14:27   Link #107
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Well, the egg with the "Label Rouge" on it are all code 1 But what you said about supetmarket egg make me wondering if you have eaten those with a code 1 or 0 ?
Firstly, I hate you, you thread-stealer.

I don't buy any eggs from the supermarkets. That said, I eat egg code 0 and 1.

Quote:
Seriously it makes me really seek. And it's the way of life of us Occidental people. There is nothing natural at all in this, nothing at all ! (d'où ma phrase dans ma signature )
Sure. That's not like how it mainly was in the past. Farmers who loved to take care of their animals (and, given some documentaries i watched, who were sad when they had to slaughter their cows, pigs etc.)

Quote:
But, as a french, I eat snail (and it's very very good ) and I have eaten frog but they have no taste at all
I'll never eat snails or frogs. Bleh.

Good that I am not pure french =D I can still flee to Slovakia if they ever force me to eat that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I also eat a lot of seafood (depends on how you define 'meat' to include that) which is oftentimes the healthiest food nature has to offer (look up the nutritional content in a can of sardines, now that's a bargain for the price). I also try to buy grass-fed/free-range/local/organic meats as often as possible, people aren't exagerrating when they say it tastes better; it really does (and the nutritional content also changes, for example grass-fed beef has far higher omega-3 fatty acid content than grain-fed, as well as higher protein).
Agreed.

I'll add that Fishes from fish cultures are not that good. The taste and consistency are not the same. And for example, in the case of farmed salmon, with more fat and toxins (ten times more toxins than in wild salmon) and less taste.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 14:34   Link #108
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Firstly, I hate you, you thread-stealer.
I'm suddenly glad I didn't do it

Quote:
I'll never eat snails or frogs. Bleh.
Same here. I could never see the appeal toward snails, and some frogs are even poisonous, wth.

Quote:
Agreed.

I'll add that Fishes from fish cultures are not that good. The taste and consistency are not the same. And for example, in the case of farmed salmon, with more fat and toxins (ten times more toxins than in wild salmon) and less taste.
I hear a diet based on fish and potatoes (NO, NOT FISH N' CHIPS) is really healthy. An elderly couple of around 100 years old said they had that kinda diet. I think they were from Far Eat Asia somewhere, can't remember where right now.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 14:44   Link #109
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I'm suddenly glad I didn't do it
So you thought about doing it, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmh è_é

Quote:
Same here. I could never see the appeal toward snails, and some frogs are even poisonous, wth.
French are crazy, and thieves

So imagine it, some french robbers who're stealing disgusting snails to eat them.

French are the worst (especially those who steal my threads)

Quote:
I hear a diet based on fish and potatoes (NO, NOT FISH N' CHIPS) is really healthy. An elderly couple of around 100 years old said they had that kinda diet. I think they were from Far Eat Asia somewhere, can't remember where right now.
Possible. Fishes are good. I like to eat fish =D But i advise you to avoid farmed fishes.
Old 2009-10-23, 14:50   Link #110
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
So you thought about doing it, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmh è_é
Yeah, but you called it first so I thought it would be fair for you to do it

Quote:
French are crazy, and thieves

So imagine it, some french robbers who're stealing disgusting snails to eat them.

O_O

Quote:
Possible. Fishes are good. I like to eat fish =D But i advise you to avoid farmed fishes.
Every time I think of sea food, I think of Sushi. I'm obsessed with Sushi. I love Sushi. I can't live without Sushi. There's several Sushi placed close to my _new_ workplace and they are all Superb.
Old 2009-10-23, 14:50   Link #111
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

How can you say that you don't like snail since you never eat them ? I can assure you that's really good ^^ Here is a picture of snails :

Snail ? What else ?

And with snail you're sure that they're not alive when you eat them (unlike oyster )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona

You're so cruel with me I...I...I How can you do that to me ? Now my little heart is broken
Old 2009-10-23, 14:59   Link #112
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
How can you say that you don't like snail since you never eat them ? I can assure you that's really good ^^ Here is a picture of snails :

Snail ? What else ?

And with snail you're sure that they're not alive when you eat them (unlike oyster )
I've had snails before. They don't particularly appeal to me imho.

Quote:
You're so cruel with me I...I...I How can you do that to me ? Now my little heart is broken
Bear with it man, you called it upon yourself. I had a feeling this would happen if I did it. I tried warning you but it was too late D=
Old 2009-10-23, 15:02   Link #113
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
O_O
I admit it. I overreacted. Let me try again.

Kusa is the worst.

Quote:
Every time I think of sea food, I think of Sushi. I'm obsessed with Sushi. I love Sushi. I can't live without Sushi. There's several Sushi placed close to my _new_ workplace and they are all Superb.
Makes me want to visit Japan XD

I Guess their restaurants are fabulous.

Quote:

Because I have better tastes than you

Quote:
[UR=http://img24.imageshack.us/i/escargot.jpg/][IM]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8746/escargot.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Old 2009-10-23, 15:09   Link #114
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
I've had snails before. They don't particularly appeal to me imho.
Seriously, if one day you see snail in a restaurant, try to eat them, I assure you that you will find them really good.

Quote:
Bear with it man, you called it upon yourself. I had a feeling this would happen if I did it. I tried warning you but it was too late D=
I bear with nothing at all and why you're so cruel with me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona

Kusa is the worst.
You forget this part :

And he makes the thread !

Quote:
Because I have better tastes than you
I like snail, you don't like snail yet everyone who like snail have good taste then you have bad taste. Thanks, you can close the thread now
Old 2009-10-23, 15:18   Link #115
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I wouldn't call snails or seafood "meat", for one they got no blood and bones...it's more like you're chewing fiber, kinda like mushrooms;the taste is there but it's very subtle. I'm not particularly fond of fatty fish, although it's ridiculously expensive and supposedly very good for your health, but the idea of eating fish whose tissues are just covered in fat and having it melt in my mouth doesn't make it very appealing...but it's not like I won't eat it if there's nothing else around
Old 2009-10-23, 15:26   Link #116
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:

Kusa is the worst.
I still O_O

Quote:
Makes me want to visit Japan XD

I Guess their restaurants are fabulous.
They have the best food ever, after us Italians of course.

Quote:
Seriously, if one day you see snail in a restaurant, try to eat them, I assure you that you will find them really good.
Thanks, but no thanks
Old 2009-10-23, 15:44   Link #117
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I wouldn't call snails or seafood "meat", for one they got no blood and bones...it's more like you're chewing fiber, kinda like mushrooms;the taste is there but it's very subtle. I'm not particularly fond of fatty fish, although it's ridiculously expensive and supposedly very good for your health, but the idea of eating fish whose tissues are just covered in fat and having it melt in my mouth doesn't make it very appealing...but it's not like I won't eat it if there's nothing else around
That reminds me that Greece has some Seabass cultures. But IIRC, I read that they use a kind of granules that is forbidden in France. But we still import greek seabass.

Ever heard about that? Do they still use it?

Edit: find a french article about it:

Quote:

http://www.marianne2.fr/Peut-on-enco...n_a106231.html

Cadeau, du néolibéralisme...
Mais, attention, ce n'est pas tout. Accrochez-vous au bastingage ! Pour produire 1 kg de poisson d'élevage, il faut 7 kg de poisson sauvage transformé en farine. Afin de fabriquer les millions de tonnes de farine de poisson nécessaires, les Pays-Bas, le Danemark et la Norvège, gros producteurs, pratiquent la pêche minotière. Dernier cadeau du néolibéralisme productiviste, cette gentillesse pourrait bien être le coup de grâce de la pêche tout court. Imaginez, à très grande échelle, un filet maillant dérivant de 30 km ou 40 km, raclant tout sur son passage, y compris les cétacés et les oiseaux Ici, plus rien ne survit. La récolte est ensuite chargée sur des cargos pour être livrée à une usine qui transforme le tout en farine pour poissons. Pour conditionner cette farine en granulés (sans quoi saumons, bars, turbots, et daurades d'élevage ne peuvent l'ingurgiter), on l'agglutinait avec du sang de bovin pompé aux cuves des abattoirs... Cette pratique est désormais interdite, et la Franceveille à ce qu'aucune farine de cette origine ne franchisse ses frontières. Hélas, un tiers du poisson d'élevage consommé en France est importé de Grèce, d'Espagne et d'Italie, pays dans lesquels les farines liées au sang engraissent encore le cheptel à écailles des fermes marines. Une horreur !
Quote:
They have the best food ever, after us Italians of course.
Now that's a declaration of war.

Beside the Snails and frogs, French cuisine is the best.

More seriously, Italian dishes are also great
Old 2009-10-23, 15:50   Link #118
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Now that's a declaration of war.

Apart from the fact that you have some of the best types of cheese (godforbid I'll never be able to have another piece of Camembert and I hope I spelled that right), we still have PIZZA, along with thousands of pasta recipies that inspired French cooks as well as cooks worldwide, and some of the best ice creams in the world, especially Sicily

Quote:
More seriously, Italian dishes are also great
Indeed, French dishes are also pretty good =D
Old 2009-10-23, 15:55   Link #119
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Pour conditionner cette farine en granulés (sans quoi saumons, bars, turbots, et daurades d'élevage ne peuvent l'ingurgiter), on l'agglutinait avec du sang de bovin pompé aux cuves des abattoirs... Cette pratique est désormais interdite, et la Franceveille à ce qu'aucune farine de cette origine ne franchisse ses frontières. Hélas, un tiers du poisson d'élevage consommé en France est importé de Grèce, d'Espagne et d'Italie, pays dans lesquels les farines liées au sang engraissent encore le cheptel à écailles des fermes marines.
Oh la la! I don't remember this one, unless it was some 8 years ago...but it's almost midnight so I don't have time to read the whole thing...more on this tomorrow! omg I can still read french well enough despite not practicing it for 6 years :O

Quote:
Your loss, this is a meat thread
I haven't really tried out many cuisines, but I did just have caramel-dressed chicken for the first time in my life just a few mins ago (tastes like sweet snitchel).
Old 2009-10-23, 17:12   Link #120
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
I eat alot of meat. And I've tried a good variety of it.

My top favourites gotta be quail, salmon, garoupa and all that good seafood.

And yes, snails are delicious. I have never tried frogs, but apparently they're good.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote