AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 6 6.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 15.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 19.10%
7 out of 10 : Good 31 34.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 10.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 5.62%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.25%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.25%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-16, 03:01   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, Episode 3.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 04:35   Link #2
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Here's to plot starting this week!

...unless the title means just more pantsu flying in Tokiwadai...
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 07:38   Link #3
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
The title is Tokiwadai in danger
Please! this one must have plot plot plot plot plot plot ;_;
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 09:16   Link #4
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
...which was why I prayed that it's not refering to flying pantsu...
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 10:45   Link #5
Lummie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
I wonder if this episode is animated from the manga because to be honest... i have a feeling it doesn't.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 11:02   Link #6
dai1313
busy creating chaos
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Send a message via Skype™ to dai1313
Oh dear god, I hope we get actual plot...
dai1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 11:24   Link #7
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 23
We need plot. Although I can't think of anything from the manga when I read the title of this episode...
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 11:35   Link #8
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
...which was why I prayed that it's not refering to flying pantsu...
The flying pantsu from Sora no Otoshimono episode 2 has invaded Railgun!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 12:01   Link #9
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
We need plot. Although I can't think of anything from the manga when I read the title of this episode...
Because its anime original.


My question is how many days is it till Biri-biri chases Touma towards that bridge.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 12:11   Link #10
stillmissing
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Because its anime original.


My question is how many days is it till Biri-biri chases Touma towards that bridge.
It's hard to say since the Railgun anime is mixing up events and isn't following the Index/Railgun timeline all that closely.

As for the episode, it was ok for an anime original, and at least featured Kuroko and Uiharu doing some of their work for Judgment.
stillmissing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 15:00   Link #11
Estaron
Member
*Fansubber
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
hmm out of the whole episode only two or so lines had something to do with the plot
Estaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 15:29   Link #12
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Like relentlessflame said, the anime will focus more on the girls interacting with each other. So get over it or go watch Index again or something, if you want a "plot".

Pretty satisfied myself with the episode. Especially glad that Ruiko is getting more appearance time. There was a lack of her and her interaction with the other characters in the story (Kazari too though...). One good thing about an anime adaption is that it can do the stuff the manga never bothered to do. Of course, then we have manga-freaks lamenting over then fact it isn't completely following the anime, but hey, if you go through a few certain threads in this forum, you'll build up a good resistance.
Though... They mix up hints for the future, but the general plot of the episode lacked tension. Because it turns out the criminal was just drawing eyebrows on people because of a grudge she was holding towards her own think eyebrow. Talk about lacking tension.
What kind of Jigglypuff are you...

They say the reason the people were staring at them was because of their uniforms... But... You know, I think the main thing that catches the eyes of people is that batch of flowers on your head, Kazari-chan...
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 15:43   Link #13
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Cause I don't have anything against Saten/chan ... I still have to be patient.
Anyone have the 2chan link about this chapter?
I can see the people complaining .... again ;_;
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 15:55   Link #14
Lummie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Though... They mix up hints for the future, but the general plot of the episode lacked tension. Because it turns out the criminal was just drawing eyebrows on people because of a grudge she was holding towards her own think eyebrow. Talk about lacking tension.
What kind of Jigglypuff are you...
Ehrm.....serenade....after this your still preferring that the people shouldn't complain about the plot? I don't have problems with their focus on the relationships between the characters (though they might be overdoing it).

I think most of the viewers (readers/non-readers) would demand a explanation on why to waste a precious episode on such lame selfcreated story while they should've learn from mistakes from Index and create something really exicting to attract both sides. But that might be my opinion but from my point of view, some might have right to critize the ep.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 16:03   Link #15
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Ehrm.....serenade....after this your still preferring that the people shouldn't complain about the plot? I don't have problems with their focus on the relationships between the characters (though they might be overdoing it).

I think most of the viewers (readers/non-readers) would demand a explanation on why to waste a precious episode on such lame selfcreated story while they should've learn from mistakes from Index and create something really exicting to attract both sides. But that might be my opinion but from my point of view, some might have right to critize the ep.
Of course. Why? I don't have a problem with them being silly. I don't think they "wasted" an episode. Like I said, the point of this manga was watching Mikoto anyways, and I love the fact the characters are just interacting with each other. So I don't find anything wrong. If the manga people are so desperate, they can just read it over again?
Material:
Manga =/= Anime, after all, in most cases.
And in the first place, this isn't anything like Index, so even if they learned anything, they can't apply it. Air heroine? Lectures? Doesn't even exist in the first place. I already said it before, but I don't even know why people are expecting "Toaru Majutsu no Index" out of this in the first place. The title is pretty different. Though I guess if someone's eyes were bad enough, the words might be blurred?


---

I just realized... But this episodic character's voice... Dame-po's Sakura?!

Putting that aside, the next episode looks completely anime original too. Telling scary stories in the dark?
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2009-10-16 at 16:13.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 16:20   Link #16
Lummie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
^ Sorry serenada but i somehow can't agree with your point of view. The producers creating their own way of story without relying on the manga: "100% fine with me". I'm alway in for anime original stuff and i'm also not saying this is Index but i want it to be something greater then Index even though it's a spin-off.

But if you create a story involving Mikoto, please create it in a way that keeps people curious about her and the story-line. That's the only thing i would love to c.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 16:22   Link #17
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
^ Sorry serenada but i somehow can't agree with your point of view.
Of course. By the point you asked me in your post, I pretty much realized that. @different point of view
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 16:28   Link #18
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So....

Oh, JC Staff. *sigh* Forget the lack of plot that everybody else here keeps asking for, forget the lack of development....

You decide to spend an episode on a potentially interesting opponent like an Esper that can turn invisible.........and you have her spend the episode going around drawing eyebrows on people, because of her own misgivings about her own eyebrows, just to end the whole thing insignificantly when you could have at least made the confrontation with Mikoto more interesting?

Seriously, JC Staff? Seriously????

And I'm sorry, but a series based on character interactions is fine......if, y'know, it was actually done like that. This is no Kimi ni Todoke, neither in theory nor in practice. And if this series is really supposed to be about character interactions, then they're failing. I've had more interesting interactions with a random store clerk that I don't know. >.>

And yes, if you're going to make a show based on Mikoto....then you'd need to make it actually interesting. And we're lacking interesting material here. (again, an invisible eyebrow drawer? )

I can't in good conscience give this episode any good rating.....so 5/10 is the best I can do.

And unfortunately, the next episode doesn't seem to be getting better, but that rating will wait until we actually see the episode.

EDIT: Okay scratch that last part, on closer inspection it looks to be just a cell phone; there's a camera on the back on the one Saten is holding.
__________________

Last edited by Shinji103; 2009-10-16 at 16:42.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 20:07   Link #19
Namihana
Soul Driller
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Philippines
Bah.

One way or another we're getting the main plot anyways right? Besides, this is just the 3rd episode. I can deal with a few episodes from the start not involving the main plot. Doesn't matter.

In the end, we'll ALL get what we want anyway. Being patient is key.
Namihana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 20:30   Link #20
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namihana View Post
Bah.

One way or another we're getting the main plot anyways right?.
Yes it seems they are building up towards it with the girl. Introducing clues here and there crawling towards the first or second arc of the manga.

Spoiler for 1st clue:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.