AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-12, 02:10   Link #41
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

console vs controller vs keyboard vs wierd-duct-tape-gameclaw doohickey ... it really depends on the functionality in the game and whether chat typing is important.

Hard to beat a keyboard for sheer number of keys available though... (kind of like power keys vs mouse-clicks)
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 07:19   Link #42
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
The only thing I found very annoying was the mouse sensitivity on PC, I forgot whether it was too sensitive or too little.. I remember that even with it set to min/max that it sucked

Overall the game wasn't that bad...
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 13:49   Link #43
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^Then there is something wrong with your copy of the game or the computer you're using. The sensitivity was perfectly fine, not too fast on the start but adjusted it a bit and it was perfect.

Also nowadays all modern mouses should have option in their software or on the mouse itself to change the sensitivitiness.
Old 2009-12-12, 19:06   Link #44
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
^Then there is something wrong with your copy of the game or the computer you're using. The sensitivity was perfectly fine, not too fast on the start but adjusted it a bit and it was perfect.

Also nowadays all modern mouses should have option in their software or on the mouse itself to change the sensitivitiness.
I think it was too slow, I had ti set on the max and then it was decent to play with
But then again the only shooter I played before was UT 1999, the whole moving around is almost instant.. that is what I'm used to, that is what I lacked D:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 02:37   Link #45
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
You probably just need to adjust your mouse-speed outside of the game.
Old 2009-12-20, 00:14   Link #46
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Some people are having really nasty problems with GPF after 15-120minutes into game play. Research seems to indicate the game wasn't tested well with 64 bit XP OS and it isn't adjusting DLL requests and isn't dealing with multi-core cpus well.

Outside of installing a 32 bit OS.... some people suggest this fix:
Quote:
Borderlands (PC) General Protection Fault for multicore users
Solution : Have your taskmanager and then start the game.
Select go Processes, search Borderlands.exe, Right mouse button, click “Set Affinity” disable all cpu´s except of one (run this game with one Processor).

Its a race game, you must do this before the game start
Haven't checked to see if there's any way to automate that.

Other solutions involve copying 32 bit DLLs into the expected locations if they don't already exist in a 64 bit form.... I'd be wary of that.

Gear admits there's a problem and is working it but claims the frequency is low -- the number of forums buzzing about it suggests otherwise.

This *is* rather silly --- most serious gamers HAVE multi-core and 64 bit systems in their quest for BFG-leetness.

Note: It isn't necessarily the "64 bits" but also which OS. My son#2 is running an XP 64 bit and is encountering this -- my son#1 and I are running Vista 64 bit and not having this problem. I found no Win7 64 bit reports that seemed valid (they seemed to be having all sorts of other problems).
Old 2009-12-21, 21:19   Link #47
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Just tried this in a four player LAN setting. And I've got to ask... are we supposed to be encountering level 12-13 enemies as level 10s? Because most of our weapons seem to do very little damage.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 02:11   Link #48
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The world amps up with each additional player.... yeah it can get scary
Old 2009-12-22, 17:23   Link #49
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The world amps up with each additional player.... yeah it can get scary
I'm thinking we're going to have to find a few more grind quests to level up more next LAN... We got to the Storehouse bit and ran into some level 15 bruisers, and I'll just say that as a level 11 hunter with a 70-something damage sniper rifle, I was having to empty pretty much my entire ammo reserve to bring one down - and I was going for headshots. Game generally seems to be a hit with the group though.

As for technical difficulties... XP 64 bit seems to really get the short end of the stick in terms of support from just about everyone, so I can't say I'm that surprised.

I did have some odd technical issues of my own shortly after installing this. First, this is the only game I've ever had require me to install the AMD dual core optimizer (Athlon X2 plus 32 bit XP here) before running. This caused Windows to have a significant chance of locking up on startup until I went into my configuration files and told the optimizer NOT to load on startup. Weirdly, preventing the optimizer from loading on startup doesn't affect the game at all, so I can only assume that it loads the optimizer itself.

Second, and possibly unrelated, is the fact that Windows would often prompt me for a password at the welcome screen shortly after installing the game, which was kind of tricky since I never set a password on my only account and it wouldn't take a blank for an answer. Problem solved by setting a password and having Windows auto-login using that password on startup, instead of the usual autologin with no password that Windows defaults to. I don't know if this one is the game though since it started doing this a few days after the install.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote