AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-03-06, 11:11   Link #361
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
HLJ is a good store; I've ordered from them before, it just takes forever for anything to happen. I wouldn't expect a reply until the afternoon in Japan on Monday.
LOL I know what you mean.
They really do work strictly by their day time office hours... guess they don't like the idea of overtime.
Orders in your account page don't update over the weekend, and if you email them a question on a Friday, don't expect a reply till Monday.

By the way, has anyone heard if there's a post-credits scene or anything at the end of the movie?

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 02:08   Link #362
baltakatei

One thing I never quite understood was... why the alternate Asakura was ever recreated with her killer tendencies by Nagato. That means Kyon was given three options by Nagato:

A: Choose Nagato --> She's infatuated with you so having a relationship with her is no problem.
B: Choose Haruhi --> :'( You really do love her? I understand. To be fair, I *won't* erase all of Haruhi's memories. Pursue her if you like. :')
C: Choose none of the above --> D: What? I reset the universe just so you could have a choice ... and you ignore the issue entirely?! Fine, you jerk, here's Asakura. Die a stabbity death. DX

Besides some boring political compromise between Nagato and the Integrated Data Sentient Entity, I can't think of any other explanation for Asakura's revival. Any thoughts?
Old 2010-03-07, 02:11   Link #363
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Protector.

She is her backup, after all.

Maybe Nagato set it up so she didn't remember about being a humanoid interface, and instructed Asakura to keep her from ever finding out?
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 02:20   Link #364
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

It's weird, but I always had this idea that Nagato had some sort of affection for Asakura, and that's why she was brought back for the alter-world. Affection's probably one of the worst words to use, since the IDTEs don't seem to have emotion, but it's the closest I can think, and it's not like Nagato doesn't feel emotions while she's inhabiting a human body.

I also always had the impression that Nagato was sort of sad that she had to delete Asakura's presence, that she didn't really want to except that Asakura was going to screw things up in a big way if she succeeded with killing Kyon (ignoring the whole synchronized memory temporal paradox questions that have come up recently).

But I'm probably influenced by the fact that the two are friends (or at least friendly) in the Shoushitsu universe. And because it seems like Asakura is such a central part of Kyon and Haruhi's class's social sphere (when she isn't in Canada).
keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 02:21   Link #365
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
^^^I was surprised it took this long for this one to pop up:
Asakura is pure awesomeness. I agree with Triple_R, the art for the movie makes Asakura look 10x better than the anime. She never strains her face or facial muscles, so it's all smiles for you till you black out and die from the loss of blood.

On the guidebook, I saw it yesterday at my local Kinokuniya but I didn't buy it because I thought it was a movie release of the novel again (you know, those marketing tricks that Hollywood uses). Turns out it was the guidebook, so I'm heading down later to get it
edkedkedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 05:01   Link #366
Grahf616
High Saint of Asakuraism
*Author

Ah, what I wouldn't give for the Asakura related film strips. It's a shame that these are turning out to be so rare, but I guess that's the nature of the entire thing.

Also, I suppose there's been a few theories as to why Asakura was brought back: already mentioned was the idea that Nagato enjoyed having Asakura around on some level, as evidenced by her not erasing Asakura until she absolutely needed to do so.

I ascribe to the theory that this Asakura was brought back by Nagato to serve as her protector, but also as sort of an avatar of her own self-interest. I mean, on her own, Nagato did nothing to prevent Kyon from changing the world back, but I believe a part of her wished that she could simply stay as she was, in the world she had created, regardless of Kyon's wishes. Nagato was mostly unaware of this though, and those thoughts and ideals were transferred to Asakura when this copy of her (which I don't believe is the original in terms of the first one being revived, but rather a new one being created whole cloth that just happens to be based on the first).

Also, I suppose that I should say hi, since I'm new. Can you guess who my favourite character in the series is?
Grahf616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 05:49   Link #367
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

No. No I can't. XD

Welcome.

^^
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 09:53   Link #368
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahf616 View Post
Also, I suppose there's been a few theories as to why Asakura was brought back: already mentioned was the idea that Nagato enjoyed having Asakura around on some level, as evidenced by her not erasing Asakura until she absolutely needed to do so.

I ascribe to the theory that this Asakura was brought back by Nagato to serve as her protector, but also as sort of an avatar of her own self-interest. I mean, on her own, Nagato did nothing to prevent Kyon from changing the world back, but I believe a part of her wished that she could simply stay as she was, in the world she had created, regardless of Kyon's wishes. Nagato was mostly unaware of this though, and those thoughts and ideals were transferred to Asakura when this copy of her (which I don't believe is the original in terms of the first one being revived, but rather a new one being created whole cloth that just happens to be based on the first).

Also, I suppose that I should say hi, since I'm new. Can you guess who my favourite character in the series is?
Maybe their relationship in Haruhi-chan is whats REALLY going on underneath

Oh, and welcome to the thread.

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 10:02   Link #369
Tabasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahf616 View Post
Welcome to the board, and your avatar is both creepy and neat.

Its hard to tell with Asakura, since the mask she wears is pretty much 'happy all the time' which isn't exactly hard to replicate either in a new version or reconstructing the original.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 13:11   Link #370
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltakatei View Post
One thing I never quite understood was... why the alternate Asakura was ever recreated with her killer tendencies by Nagato. That means Kyon was given three options by Nagato:

A: Choose Nagato --> She's infatuated with you so having a relationship with her is no problem.
B: Choose Haruhi --> :'( You really do love her? I understand. To be fair, I *won't* erase all of Haruhi's memories. Pursue her if you like. :')
C: Choose none of the above --> D: What? I reset the universe just so you could have a choice ... and you ignore the issue entirely?! Fine, you jerk, here's Asakura. Die a stabbity death. DX

Besides some boring political compromise between Nagato and the Integrated Data Sentient Entity, I can't think of any other explanation for Asakura's revival. Any thoughts?
Ryoko was her nakama, at least until she up and tried to kill her boyfriend. You also have to take note of the fact that on some level, they're the same person, or at least part of the same entity. That's a pretty strong bond.
Old 2010-03-12, 16:58   Link #371
sonicspin
キョン子主義
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to sonicspin
A new series of videos using Shoushitsu images and the OST have started coming out yesterday. 3 parts are out so far...

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10001540
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10004752
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10005691
Old 2010-03-13, 02:14   Link #372
baltakatei

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicspin View Post
A new series of videos using Shoushitsu images and the OST have started coming out yesterday. 3 parts are out so far...

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10001540
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10004752
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10005691
Brings me back to the days of the silent film era. Thanks.
Old 2010-03-13, 09:26   Link #373
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltakatei View Post
Brings me back to the days of the silent film era. Thanks.
It reminds me more of 90's RPG games. If these are the same videos on youtube. I can't seem to watch nico...
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 11:47   Link #374
sonicspin
キョン子主義
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to sonicspin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
It reminds me more of 90's RPG games. If these are the same videos on youtube. I can't seem to watch nico...
It different. These don't have text on the video, and are a lot more detailed. (Some lines have been added through Nico comments though.)

Oh, and they gone through the entire movie. Part 4 to 6 are here:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10009117
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10009996
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10010732

You need a account to watch them. Signing up shouldn't be too difficult. There are English guides if you try doing a search.
Old 2010-03-13, 21:45   Link #375
Peanutbutter

Guess we have to satisfy ourselves with these videos for now...
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 17:06   Link #376
Animexcel

I luckily registered and saw the videos. Really nice, but I think they're down now
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 17:55   Link #377
Peanutbutter

Drats, I only managed to see the last one.

Oh well, at least I don't spoil my own appetite for the movie.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 18:56   Link #378
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

I actually watched it on another website. Here's the link...

http://www.anidragon.net/shoushitsu

Can't wait to see the whole thing! The animation is beautiful! This a dream come true for ANY AMV maker. So much GREAT material!

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere
TheHaruhiIncarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 19:57   Link #379
Luminescence
Do I bring you happiness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaruhiIncarnate View Post
I actually watched it on another website. Here's the link...

http://www.anidragon.net/shoushitsu

Can't wait to see the whole thing! The animation is beautiful! This a dream come true for ANY AMV maker. So much GREAT material!
Question (anyone can answer):
In Part 3 of those videos (lovely find by the way, you can have my first-born), why is the cop grabbing Kyon?
I don't seem to recall that from the light novels...
Luminescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 20:03   Link #380
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminescence View Post
Question (anyone can answer):
In Part 3 of those videos (lovely find by the way, you can have my first-born), why is the cop grabbing Kyon?
I don't seem to recall that from the light novels...
Nice to see another Koizumi fan around here.

I believe it is after he first talks to Haruhi and Koizumi and they begin to walk away he gets grabbed by the cops. That's the general impression I get from the official guidebook, but not knowing kanji, I can be wrong.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote