AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 33 32.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 35.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 15.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.98%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.97%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.98%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-13, 04:41   Link #41
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Well I doubt DtB has a happy ending. Perhaps we may see a confession from Hei in the end of the series, but I doubt Yin and Hei ends up happily.
And man, Misaki is sure somehow a formiable enemy of Hei...leading him by the nose like that. If they didn't want to catch him alive he might've died. Though I somehow find it strange he didn't have gun with him. Then the contractor guy might've been the one in trouble

And Noriyuki or whatever is out? Well, I guess so.

Next Episode: Are they going to be in Tokyo? I sure hope so. It takes half season for them to get there...
__________________
willyvereb is offline  
Old 2009-11-13, 04:46   Link #42
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post

Next Episode: Are they going to be in Tokyo? I sure hope so. It takes half season for them to get there...
Nah, I don't care if they take long to get to Tokyo as long as we have Season 1 Hei back when we get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Well I doubt DtB has a happy ending. Perhaps we may see a confession from Hei in the end of the series, but I doubt Yin and Hei ends up happily.
Out with the old partner (Yin), in with the new partners (Suou and July). July even makes tea.

If Yin is called Izanami then there is a possibility that she's not "alive" anymore like her namesake. Yin's observer spirits = Shikome
__________________
orion is offline  
Old 2009-11-13, 06:05   Link #43
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 26
Nice. The plot thickens and we find out Yin's current situation, apparently she ha been captured and turned into anti-contractor weapon Izanami. More mysteries about Section No. 3 (I think it's part of the syndicate), Madam Oreille's goal.

Suou's thought and her strange feelings for Hei are fascinating. She slowly learns about love and I wonder if her faint feelings (for now) will result in anything. Hei is the pimp!

July taking the bottle everywhere and makes tea too!

Mao is as awesome as ever!

I hope this is the last time we are going to hear from Norio. He's really annoying.

Now that the series is at its half point, the remaining half is gonna get better!
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is offline  
Old 2009-11-13, 10:32   Link #44
arkxkra
全力全開
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Non-management 97th world
Since when Yin (doll) has such a ability to kill, really want to know what happen back then.
So Yin is miss Hei alot, but too bad now Hei can't see her. The last kick by the Suou is a highlight, because of jealous? interesting.

last thing, I wonder Hei has any chance to gain back the contractor ability....
__________________
arkxkra is offline  
Old 2009-11-13, 10:41   Link #45
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
last thing, I wonder Hei has any chance to gain back the contractor ability....
About that, I think it's very likely that he can get his powers back. Note how Madame Oreile pointed out a small, red star next to another one in the sky in episode 5; the OP and ED also both show two stars next to each other in the night sky. (well, in the OP and ED it's two shooting stars next to each other) I'm betting the small red star is connected to Suou in some way, and the one next to it is connected to Hei somehow and how his losing his powers due to that device in episode 2/3 was apparently connected to Suou's awakening as a Contractor with the (assumed) meteor fragment.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline  
Old 2009-11-13, 11:03   Link #46
V4sH
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
About that, I think it's very likely that he can get his powers back. Note how Madame Oreile pointed out a small, red star next to another one in the sky in episode 5; the OP and ED also both show two stars next to each other in the night sky. (well, in the OP and ED it's two shooting stars next to each other) I'm betting the small red star is connected to Suou in some way, and the one next to it is connected to Hei somehow and how his losing his powers due to that device in episode 2/3 was apparently connected to Suou's awakening as a Contractor with the (assumed) meteor fragment.
Im thinking that the two stars represent suou and shion, as they are both contractors, and the whole gemini twins thing is kind of astrological too.
V4sH is offline  
Old 2009-11-13, 11:08   Link #47
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by V4sH View Post
Im thinking that the two stars represent suou and shion, as they are both contractors, and the whole gemini twins thing is kind of astrological too.
Hmmmm, that's possible too, but then why is only the red one small and red, while the other one is normal? Plus, the two stars didn't appear (or at least, weren't pointed out) until after Hei lost his powers.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline  
Old 2009-11-13, 11:58   Link #48
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
I really don't understand why hei can't be bad ass? If you think about his character, if you are familiar with mathew reilly novels, Scarecrow is somewhat like hei, insanely skilled, and overall this change in his demeanor is just frustrating. Also maho shoujo in my dtb... gah am I the only one who feels like this is ridiculous.
Nosauz is offline  
Old 2009-11-13, 12:11   Link #49
Strange
Incoherent at best.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I really don't understand why hei can't be bad ass? If you think about his character, if you are familiar with mathew reilly novels, Scarecrow is somewhat like hei, insanely skilled, and overall this change in his demeanor is just frustrating. Also maho shoujo in my dtb... gah am I the only one who feels like this is ridiculous.
I find the magical girl transformation sequence ridiculous too, but it's like five seconds out of the anime.

I actually like this drunken, bum Hobo Hei. I think he'll go back to his pimp Chinese Batman self soon, but until then, humble Hei cooking for half-Russian lasses is just fine.
Strange is offline  
Old 2009-11-13, 12:28   Link #50
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
I find the magical girl transformation sequence ridiculous too, but it's like five seconds out of the anime.
BUT it completely ruins the mood, she majo shoujo's a gun out of her chest and thats just RIDICULOUS!!!! I don't know what else to say, plus I would like to see more yin but no all we get is emo hei. I would even settle for misaki's co worker from season 1, the otaku cop in the ova, shes so much of better character that misaki..... stupid megami fetish supplicants.
Nosauz is offline  
Old 2009-11-13, 12:35   Link #51
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Roanapur
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
BUT it completely ruins the mood, she majo shoujo's a gun out of her chest and thats just RIDICULOUS!!!! I don't know what else to say, plus I would like to see more yin but no all we get is emo hei. I would even settle for misaki's co worker from season 1, the otaku cop in the ova, shes so much of better character that misaki..... stupid megami fetish supplicants.
I got a solution.

When the transformation sequence is happening...

Close your eyes. There.

Seriously though, I respect the fact you like Yin but comparing Misaki with her otaku co-worker, I won't accept that; she deserves so much better. I also don't want to bring up the fact that Misaki's body is much more voluptuous than Yin's body will ever be, but if I did bring it up, Yin fans would overwhelm me.

She's even saving her virginity for Hei!

Have to say though, I'll be content with whoever Hei ends up with; if he ends up with someone. I'm not really watching this for the romance.
__________________
Zwei is offline  
Old 2009-11-13, 12:48   Link #52
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
I also don't want to bring up the fact that Misaki's body is much more voluptuous than Yin's body will ever be, but if I did bring it up, Yin fans would overwhelm me.
Why does that even matter in the first place?
__________________
Shinji103 is offline  
Old 2009-11-13, 12:52   Link #53
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Roanapur
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Why does that even matter in the first place?
Since he obviously seemed like a Yin fan...just to get back at him a little.
__________________
Zwei is offline  
Old 2009-11-13, 12:53   Link #54
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
I feel kirihara's character is only there because she wears glasses, kinda like bayonetta, and this is somewhat confirmed by the mahou shojo seen where it's clearly pandering to sub groups of otaku. I don't mind maho shoujo hell I love nanoha, and I reallly like cardcaptor sakura but maho shoujo just doesn't fit into dtb, it's just this clash that doesn't seem to fit. And my point about yin was she was a major character in the previous season and we get are some booze induced flash backs that give no reason or mention to why she's not there.

@zwei, no i'm not a yin fan
i actually prefer amber or the otaku girl who was featured in the ova
Nosauz is offline  
Old 2009-11-13, 13:57   Link #55
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
...maho shoujo in my dtb... gah am I the only one who feels like this is ridiculous.
Almost everyone else feels that way -- except me. I try to feel it from Suou's point of view, not an outsider's. I'm not a fan of mahou shoujo at all, but this works okay for me here, to give the feeling that Suou gets of being taken over by this process of the gun emerging from the pendant. I know it's there for fanservice, but since when is fanservice a sin in Japanese media, anyway?

Having just rewatched season one, I actually find that season two feels a bit more serious than season one. That's partly because Hanazawa Kana's Suou is adding human depth. But the ridiculous mad scientist was a total drag that made that first series seem like Scooby Doo or something when he was around. And the bumbling detective was at least as out of place as the mahou shoujo scene, and as annoying as Norio.

As for Hei shaving and becoming the old Hei, I'm sure it will happen, but I don't really care. He is a fascinating character going through changes, plunged into the depths by the betrayal of his dearest person, and now about to be rescued from them by a child. I think he is gaining respect and a sort of parental feeling for Suou. Suou is gaining a crush on him, for perfectly good reasons.

It's clear that Misaki is not really Hei's enemy. It's her job to find him, and she's doing well, but as the dark woman contractor said, Misaki also has feelings for Hei. She wants to find him in order to get closer to him. Misaki and Hei are the logical couple here, considering that Suou is young and Yin is festooned with death flags. They are both quite wounded people, who could heal each other's wounds. But I still can't quite picture it, lol. A happy ending? Naaah.

By the way, for reference, here is more of the story of Izanami and Izanagi, from Wikipedia. I think there are plenty of parallels to work with:
Spoiler for Izanami and Izanagi:
__________________
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline  
Old 2009-11-13, 14:38   Link #56
Strange
Incoherent at best.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Seriously though, I respect the fact you like Yin but comparing Misaki with her otaku co-worker, I won't accept that; she deserves so much better. I also don't want to bring up the fact that Misaki's body is much more voluptuous than Yin's body will ever be, but if I did bring it up, Yin fans would overwhelm me.
I like Misaki as a character, but her crush on Hei always seemed a bit ridiculous.

You're right though, she has a fabulous body, at least in the manga.
Strange is offline  
Old 2009-11-13, 14:42   Link #57
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
@Nosauz: Meganko fetish? How come? If she's anything she's more of the Class President type...especially in ep 9-10's flashbacks. She isn't one-dimensional. Hard-headed, serious, stern but also reckless, self-sufficing and even a bit of naive. On the top of it she's unexperienced in love and not used to be seen as a woman.
And also a badass normal who stands her ground relatively well in the crazy world of contractors.
Her relationship with Hei and Li-kun was interesting especially because of the "cat vs. mouse" tension. The cat(Misaki) wants to catch the mouse(Bk-201) who actually is right in front of her.
Compared to that Yin lacks character altogether. Her only part of personality is her affection to Hei and being dependant on him(at least in season 1). Half of the second season she even lacked that and was a simple support, like July and every other Doll. That's why I suspect the last two episodes and the gothic lolita otakuism for the cause of her fanbase.
If anything Yin is more of the otaku-favourite type. I doubt anyone would like her if she for example would be a musclebound guy...not as if Misaki wouldn't profit from her looks...

@Kaoru Chujo: When Hei lost his contractor powers I hoped for a conclusion like that. But I have to say it's not really possible. Hei seemingly had few feelings for her if anything, so Misaki hardly has a chance. But I sure hope they're going to talk a bit sometime mid-series. It can be a perfect conclusion for their relationship.

For Yin...well, she:
-dies and Hei has one more girl to mourn for. Probably with her saving his life and the world like Amber did.
-Hei saves her and they end up pretty much like their relationship was in the first season.
-Surprise! romantic confession,smooch else...while perhaps Yin is saved by him.

Now, the first option seems to be possible, though the second has quite a chance too. But with all that Yin-centered DVD extras I have a really bad feeling...
__________________
willyvereb is offline  
Old 2009-11-13, 15:06   Link #58
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Roanapur
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
I like Misaki as a character, but her crush on Hei always seemed a bit ridiculous.
I wouldn't really call it a crush since she still has feelings for him even after two years, so it's more like she's really in love with him.
__________________
Zwei is offline  
Old 2009-11-13, 15:28   Link #59
EadTaes
The Northern Guy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
I wouldn't really call it a crush since she still has feelings for him even after two years, so it's more like she's really in love with him.
Misaki see's Hei as someone like her. A defender of justice, someone who has high moral values and makes desions bases on what is bet for all.

This comes form the fact that she knows that Hei did not kill anyone in season 1 otehr then contractors that killed inocent people. To her Hei, the GrimReaper is a sort of hero. That is were her feelings for him come from.
__________________
EadTaes is offline  
Old 2009-11-13, 15:41   Link #60
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
And perhaps the kind Li-kun she had exceptional time with. I bet Li-kun was the first male she had even a bit of fun with.
__________________
willyvereb is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.