AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 33 32.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 35.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 15.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.98%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.97%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.98%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-14, 05:26   Link #121
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
1
Love is silly, nuff said. Norio's mom being a Contractor that handles cases in Sapporo where she lived isn't as bad as it sounds, being she's a native of Sapporo before she became a Contractor.

Now Norio's mom being a Contractor? This would be the only part that could be considered a coincidence. Apart from them meeting the 2 Lebanon family members in a small town where a huge love hotel is bankrupt and most of the place is just being put under construction while stores are mostly closed. In retrospect, that actually increases the chance of people meeting in a small town...

Quote:
2
Season 1 of Darker than Black did this as well. They add people with some backgrounds and stuff gets resolved next episode. She didn't need to add more to the story. She was a Contractor mom that abandoned her kid. That's all. If they spent more time on her, Suou would've never have left Sapporo at that rate. But it's your right to feel unattached.

My point is if you didn't expect this after watching Darker than Black, why are you even watching season 2?

Quote:
3
I've already given you the reasons. AND as I've said, she is NOT in love with Hei YET. She's just being possessive like a child would for above reasons. They have several more episodes to explore it if they choose. If you can't see through that, it's your fault, not mine.

Besides, one two episode? They only have twelve episodes to flesh this out. Time and events do come to pass within those episodes. In this case, it was enough for Suou to change her opinion of Hei after he stopped being abusive and became kinder to her. Not love, but more a give and take kindness thing. You have to understand as well, Hei is the only one that Suou has as of now.

Quote:
4
Because every episode should have plot focus amirite? Especially right after a plot twist? They can't have character development in between, is that it?

Suou is the lead heroine and if I'm correct, they're making her grow up through this season of DtB. The Norio sidestory is there to show that Suou has no idea what love is, even when it's sticking right in her face. Call it throwaway drama, it still had its use even though it was annoying at some parts.

Whether her possessiveness of Hei leads to something or nothing is not for me or you to decide, however.

But I initially replied to you because you're just nitpicking at a show. And I hate nitpickers.
__________________
Nanaya is offline  
Old 2009-11-14, 05:34   Link #122
Mr. Anime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I just saw a Chinese sub and a couple more things became clear: first, Shinji103 is right and the one Hei thinks he wants to kill is Yin. That came out in his conversation with Madame Oreille, who said: "So you still say you want to kill that doll yourself?" And also when Suou asked Petya/Mao about Yin and was told she was a former friend who now had a "complicated history" with Hei.

But in addition, Hei is upset that Oreille knew everything and didn't tell him, and says he can't trust her and won't work with her again. That's when she says she feels the same since he has too much emotion, and still wants to kill the doll.
i dont think so, he said to madame oreille he wants to kill yin, probably to get information about yin and to save her. he stopped working for madame oreile because if he continued to work for her he might accidently kill yin. hei and madame oreille were both right concerning trust, hei probably tried to trick her to find yin and she tried to trick him to kill yin, but hei noticed it, thats why he quit working for her. When hei stopped suou it looked like genuine concern for yin and not because he wanted to kill her himself. i am sure all this "i ll kill yin" was just an act. now it looks like he ll even stop drinking not only because suou said so but because he has hope again to find yin.
NOW ALL HE NEEDS ARE HIS BADASS CONTRACTOR POWERS TO SAVE THE DAY.
Mr. Anime is offline  
Old 2009-11-14, 06:01   Link #123
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
Love is silly, nuff said. Norio's mom being a Contractor that handles cases in Sapporo where she lived isn't as bad as it sounds, being she's a native of Sapporo before she became a Contractor.
Bad excuse for a badly put together plotline.

Quote:
Now Norio's mom being a Contractor? This would be the only part that could be considered a coincidence. Apart from them meeting the 2 Lebanon family members in a small town where a huge love hotel is bankrupt and most of the place is just being put under construction while stores are mostly closed.
Norio meeting and immediately falling in love. Norio father happened to have been them not long before an establishing a relationship, this includes that this guy happens to turn out to Norio's father. Norio's mother being a contractor and not only that being the one new contractor introduced. All could have been put together much better and worked if they half tried.


Quote:
Season 1 of Darker than Black did this as well. They add people with some backgrounds and stuff gets resolved next episode. She didn't need to add more to the story. She was a Contractor mom that abandoned her kid. That's all. If they spent more time on her, Suou would've never have left Sapporo at that rate. But it's your right to feel unattached.

My point is if you didn't expect this after watching Darker than Black, why are you even watching season 2?
I think you don't get that just because something has been doing that means that there is doing something in a believable way and an enjoyable way and just throwing in elements together. Most of the stories in S1 had a much better structure towards there telling. They made more sense as Hei was sent to track down these people often and in so doing there stories would come out. In this case the story was forced and barely there in the first place. They was no real connection formed in which I gave a damn about her death so in all it was a wasted story.


Quote:
I've already given you the reasons. AND as I've said, she is NOT in love with Hei YET. She's just being possessive like a child would for above reasons. They have several more episodes to explore it if they choose. If you can't see through that, it's your fault, not mine.

Besides, one two episode? They only have twelve episodes to flesh this out. Time and events do come to pass within those episodes. In this case, it was enough for Suou to change her opinion of Hei after he stopped being abusive and became kinder to her. Not love, but more a give and take kindness thing. You have to understand as well, Hei is the only one that Suou has as of now.
They could have easily taken the time to flesh it out but they didn't. If they need more than 12 episodes to tell a story that's doesn't feel forced and a random then that's on them not me. They was no noticable shift in dynamics between the characters nor was there any real insight into what lead to this changes. You can claim all the loneliness you want but as far as I can see for the most part that was pushing her away then this episode that dynamic completely changed. It feels forced.


Quote:
But I initially replied to you because you're just nitpicking at a show. And I hate nitpickers.
I believe that's just your low standards talking. Don't hate on me because of my higher standards for my Anime.
__________________
Slick_rick is offline  
Old 2009-11-14, 06:37   Link #124
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
and i can actually see suou falling in love with hei, i think on an episode of CSI tv there was this one episode where the victim falls in love with the kidnapper, it's some sort of syndrome or something where they can identify with their kidnapper or w/e. bottom line it's not completely impossible even if these feelings arnt' driven by plot
Except that Suou isn't a hostage. She's his partner for the time being along with July and Mao. She gets paid for her participation and fed well if Hei continues to hate weeds. Not to mention TV and decent roof over her head. And somebody spent some money on next episode's uniform.

IIRC being called by your first name is suppose to be a big deal for the Japanese. It's a relationship shift from the user's standpoint.

Also, when Genma was talking about Hei's girlfriend ("honey" in the subs) and imminent death, Hei was thinking he meant Suou and not Yin.

The past is the past for those fanboying over the OVA trailer.

For anyone who continues to yell pedo, Suou is 13.
__________________

Last edited by orion; 2009-11-14 at 06:58.
orion is offline  
Old 2009-11-14, 07:16   Link #125
Avira
fanart-fan :D
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Also, when Genma was talking about Hei's girlfriend ("honey" in the subs) and imminent death, Hei was thinking he meant Suou and not Yin.

The past is the past for those fanboying over the OVA trailer.

For anyone who continues to yell pedo, Suou is 13.
First of all, who else was was Genma supposed to mean from Hei's point of view? July?? I don't think so. Hei's not gonna go " Omg you must mean my only love YIN!". Nah, his reaction was more along the lines of : " Honey? I guess you mean the girl." It was an obvious guess.

And um, I don't know about you, but a 20-something-year-old guy going after a 13-year-old kid is pedo all the way. At least in Germany.

How old are the rest anyway? Like Yin, July, Misaki and Hei?

About Misaki, she's a nice person and all, but I've always despised glasses (since I actually need them myself) and she just never really appeared especially endearing(Yin)/awesome(Hei)/cute(July)...she's sort of a 'meh' character for me
The katana woman (Mina or something?) is a lot more interesting^^

I'm personally really happy about this turn of events; Hei definitly still has feelings for Yin and Suou is starting to get jealous (my inner evil fangirl is laughing at her)...staring in the air thoughtfully while hearing that Yin was Hei's woman in the past and kicking the lamp post where Yin's ghost was trying to hug Hei make it more than clear.

Am I the only one mutating into a July fan? The tea scene was so adorable!^^
I'm considering SuouxJuly a bit, just for the sheer cuteness
__________________
Avira is offline  
Old 2009-11-14, 07:25   Link #126
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
And um, I don't know about you, but a 20-something-year-old guy going after a 13-year-old kid is pedo all the way. At least in Germany.

How old are the rest anyway? Like Yin, July, Misaki and Hei?
Loveless had a similar age difference and it wasn't called pedo. Loveless did more than what this is doing. Ritsuka age 12, Soubi age 21. Now we have a heterosexual "couple" and it's called pedo which isn't correct since this title went out of its way to show that Suou just had her period. Therefore, she is not considered prepubescent.

Loveless anime was in 2005.

Hei is 24 IIRC.
Others can tell you about Yin, Misaki and July.

You could think of her half way to being considered an emancipated minor. Russia via marriage was age 14 with parental consent.
__________________

Last edited by orion; 2009-11-14 at 07:42.
orion is offline  
Old 2009-11-14, 07:31   Link #127
Avira
fanart-fan :D
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Loveless had a similar age difference and it wasn't called pedo. Lovoless didm more than what this is doing. Ritsuka age 12, Soubi age 21. Now we have a heterosexual couple and it's pedo.

Loveless anime was in 2005.
There's also incest anime, so basically there are no limits, yes. But still, pedo comes from pedophile and 13 & 24 is that in my opinion
So it is pedo if anything, isn't it?
__________________
Avira is offline  
Old 2009-11-14, 07:33   Link #128
V4sH
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
First of all, who else was was Genma supposed to mean from Hei's point of view? July?? I don't think so. Hei's not gonna go " Omg you must mean my only love YIN!". Nah, his reaction was more along the lines of : " Honey? I guess you mean the girl." It was an obvious guess.

Am I the only one mutating into a July fan? The tea scene was so adorable!^^
I'm considering SuouxJuly a bit, just for the sheer cuteness
yeah, at that point hei didn't know that yin was even there so the obvious conclusion to "your honey" would be the only girl he knows for sure is there.

Also yes I am also turning into a July fan, hes great. A SuouxJuly pairing would result in so much cuteness that world peace would break out. Cant have that in darker than black ><.
V4sH is offline  
Old 2009-11-14, 07:45   Link #129
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
There's also incest anime, so basically there are no limits, yes. But still, pedo comes from pedophile and 13 & 24 is that in my opinion
So it is pedo if anything, isn't it?
Loveless anime is shonen ai. That got released in 2005 without issues.

It's your opinion but you can't say pedo when the person is at puberty as being prepubescent is a part of the definition and regional laws allow for different scenarios (involving emancipated minors which is the closest to her situation).

That was prob a secondary reason why they emphasized the first menses anyways. Physiologically she's at puberty and you calling the title pedo based on her age alone is faulty imo. Even her age falls within the range of puberty.

Also, depending on the region in Japan, the age of consent may still be 13 IIRC (16-18 yo in most prefectures with regional override).

They haven't even had sexual intercourse so really this title isn't pedo at all imo.
__________________

Last edited by orion; 2009-11-14 at 08:03.
orion is offline  
Old 2009-11-14, 07:48   Link #130
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Poland - Goleniˇw
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Hei is 24 IIRC.
Others can tell you about Yin, Misaki and July.

Yin is now about 20...

but I don't know how old is July... 13 or less ?
__________________
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/Darker%20Than%20Black/2cghi89.png
Chidori<3 is offline  
Old 2009-11-14, 07:58   Link #131
Mr. Anime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Loveless anime is shonen ai. That got released in 2005 without issues.

It's your opinion but you can't say pedo when the person is at puberty as being prepubescent is a part of the definition and regional laws allow for different scenarios (involving emancipated minors which is the closest to her situation).

That was prob a secondary reason why they emphasized the first menses anyways. Physiologically she's at puberty and you calling the title pedo based on her age alone is faulty imo. Even her age falls within the range of puberty.

They haven't even had sexual intercourse so really this title isn't pedo at all imo.
well a 13 years old girl and a 24 years old guy just isnt right, sure a 13 year old girl could develop a crush on a cool guy like hei, but its only one sided. maybe u are around the age of suou orion so u can identify urself with her but i am around heis age and believe me a 13 year old girl just lacks everything a normal guy seeks in a relationship^^
Mr. Anime is offline  
Old 2009-11-14, 08:05   Link #132
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anime View Post
well a 13 years old girl and a 24 years old guy just isnt right, sure a 13 year old girl could develop a crush on a cool guy like hei, but its only one sided. maybe u are around the age of suou orion so u can identify urself with her but i am around heis age and believe me a 13 year old girl just lacks everything a normal guy seeks in a relationship^^
It may not be "right". You may feel uncomfortable but it's not technically pedo depending on region and he hasn't even touched the girl. There isn't a romantic relationship portrayed at this time. So, it's not pedo.

If she turns 14 during the anime, then the pedo arguement lessens imo.

My age has nothing to do with the discussion at hand by the way.
__________________
orion is offline  
Old 2009-11-14, 08:06   Link #133
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Loveless anime is shonen ai. That got released in 2005 without issues.

It's your opinion but you can't say pedo when the person is at puberty as being prepubescent is a part of the definition and regional laws allow for different scenarios (involving emancipated minors which is the closest to her situation).

That was prob a secondary reason why they emphasized the first menses anyways. Physiologically she's at puberty and you calling the title pedo based on her age alone is faulty imo. Even her age falls within the range of puberty.

They haven't even had sexual intercourse so really this title isn't pedo at all imo.
Kodomo No Jikan got released in 2007 and its overtly pedo so I don't know what your point it. I'm sure someone has brought up the issue of the age difference in loveless too. I seriously doubt it went unnoticed by many. The care for that would probably be low though since the main audience of that is Yaoi fangirls who probably could careless as long as long as they get their Yaoi fill.

I'm don't think anyone called DTB a pedo anime but I commented on the pedo fanservice, ie meaning an underage girl being put in awkward fanservice scenes and a contrived relationship with a much older man. I honestly don't think it going anywhere nor should it but the need to put it in there I question. It's just fetish fuel and not my taste at all.
__________________
Slick_rick is offline  
Old 2009-11-14, 08:22   Link #134
Mr. Anime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It may not be "right". You may feel uncomfortable but it's not technically pedo depending on region and he hasn't even touched the girl.

If she turns 14 during the anime, then the pedo arguement lessens imo.

My age has nothing to do with the discussion at hand by the way.
i didnt mean to insult u about the age thing if u felt offended by it then i apologize to u. but seriously do u think its a good think to pair up with a guy who has approximately 2 times ur lifeexperience? regions where such things are ok are regions where women often are discriminated against

its nice to see how shipper wars break out in many animes^^. i would be a heiyin shipper but taking my anime/manga experience into account i dont think there s gonna be an romantic ending with heiyin or heimisaki but i sure hope there will be^^. suouhei probably has no chances.
Mr. Anime is offline  
Old 2009-11-14, 08:22   Link #135
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Kodomo No Jikan got released in 2007 and its overtly pedo so I don't know what your point it. I'm sure someone has brought up the issue of the age difference in loveless too. I seriously doubt it went unnoticed by many. The care for that would probably be low though since the main audience of that is Yaoi fangirls who probably could careless as long as long as they get their Yaoi fill.
The girls in Kodomo no Jikan were 9 yo. 9 yo is pedo by all definitions. Suou is a menstrating 13 yo. She is at puberty. The only restrictions on her is regional age of consent laws depending on her situation.

This kind of stuff happens in Japan anyways. It's not like the audience isn't used to hearing about it. Prob a few were snickering and joking "oyaji".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anime View Post

its nice to see how shipper wars break out in many animes^^. i would be a heiyin shipper but taking my anime/manga experience into account i dont think there s gonna be an romantic ending with heiyin or heimisaki but i sure hope there will be^^. suouhei probably has no chances.
That all depends on what the producers have in mind. They could end with Suou staying with Hei, do another 2-4 yr time skip and she's a 16-18 yo. Well within the range of the sensitive type of anime watchers imo. Then we can have more "oyaji" jokes.
__________________

Last edited by orion; 2009-11-14 at 08:36.
orion is offline  
Old 2009-11-14, 08:26   Link #136
Joe_fh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
%^$@#&*@#$&#%^#!@%

They originally said the OAV episodes were being released with each S2 DVD/BD release. >.>
Yes it did but sadly even if the first DVD is out on the 23rd we'll get the first OVA with the scond DVD for some reason. It looks really great though.

And I still can't see the whole YinxHei love relationship. They do love and care for each other a lot but in a different way. Maybe it's just me though but the only romantic relatioship for Hei was the one with Amber since she was the only one that loved him in that kind of way.
Suou well I can't see her starting to love him after all he did to her (maybe that will change after I watch the episode) Still a Hei Suou relationship is just too creepy for me.

And yes if they get in that kind of relationship Hei will be a pedo. That's what the term pedo means in the first place - an adult (Hei 24) who is attracted to a child (Suou 13). Everyone under 14 is considered a minor and a child in most normal countries.
It doesn't really matter if she is in puberty or not since her body is just starting to develop as a woman's body. Thus she is still a child.
Though I seriously doubt we'll see much progres with this.

I'm going to watch the episode soon so I can't say anything about it yet.
Joe_fh is offline  
Old 2009-11-14, 08:34   Link #137
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The girls in Kodomo no Jikan were 9 yo. 9 yo is pedo by all definitions. Suou is a menstrating 13 yo. She is at puberty. The only restrictions on her is regional age of consent laws depending on her situation.
Doesn't make it any less pedo fanservice in my book. She hit puberty all of yesterday. You can try to justify this anyway you want but its geared towards pedos, underaged girls who have fantasies about older men because all guys their age don't want them, closet pedos, and older women who used to have these fantasies and now still can't get any men so they have to try to resort to such fantasizing again about what could have been.

Ok, I'm being facetious and exaggerating a bit but only slightly...
__________________
Slick_rick is offline  
Old 2009-11-14, 08:39   Link #138
Mr. Anime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The girls in Kodomo no Jikan were 9 yo. 9 yo is pedo by all definitions. Suou is a menstrating 13 yo. She is at puberty. The only restrictions on her is regional age of consent laws depending on her situation.

This kind of stuff happens in Japan anyways. It's not like the audience isn't used to hearing about it.

That all depends on what the producers have in mind. They could end with Suou staying with Hei, do another 2-4 yr time skip and she's a 16-18 yo. Well within the range of the sensitive type of anime watchers imo.
u could be right, who knows.
but kodomo no jikan was awesome ^^
Mr. Anime is offline  
Old 2009-11-14, 08:41   Link #139
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Doesn't make it any less pedo fanservice in my book. She hit puberty all of yesterday. You can try to justify this anyway you want but its geared towards pedos, underaged girls who have fantasies about older men because all guys their age don't want them, closet pedos, and older women who used to have these fantasies and now still can't get any men so they have to try to resort to such fantasizing again about what could have been.

Ok, I'm being facetious and exaggerating a bit but only slightly...
In the end, it doesn't matter if those are the ones buying the DVDs, BDs.

Besides, if nothing happens then it's not pedo. So far it's all in the head of the person interpreting the dialogue and video. Thought crimes aren't convictable in most countries.

Edit: And if you really want to joke around. Since he saw Suou buck naked, he has to marry her anyways.
__________________
orion is offline  
Old 2009-11-14, 08:42   Link #140
-Sho-
~Omedet˘~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
The oav look greats
You can see that Yin wears the same clothes in the last pic in this episode .
Is it Amber in the last part ?
-Sho- is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.