AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Old 2009-11-13, 23:27   Link #21
Gin
*Artist

I think its funny that some people think that a crush can ever compare to first love or any future loves.

Maybe you just haven't experienced it yet.
Old 2009-11-14, 01:24   Link #22
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I think you're looking too deeply into it. Having a crush in no way shape or form can prepare a person for love, hell nothing prepares a person for love.
But the feelings can be as intense but perhaps fleeting. I'm with radientbeam on that one. By crush, i don't mean when kids fancy other kids, but the kind of 'puppy love' that is usually experienced at early teen ages when hormones start kicking in.
Even if it's towards some random ass star in a boyband (okay back to the 90's, lol), posters everywhere, singing tunes, all giddy and high and it lasts for a long while, the chemistry makeup and attraction stages are somewhat similar.
You end up besotted.

To experience true love, well only the person themselves knows the intensity and deepness of the emotion during their teens perhaps and usually with the hindsight = 20/20 thing, many people look back and notice that what felt like love then is nothing compared to a relationship that they may be in during their 20's or 30's when the stakes are somewhat higher and the sacrifices are a little more dire.

Hence if no one has yet to establish a relationship just yet, I referred to their 'first crush' instead. If first really was at some young ass age, the 'most intense' perhaps is more apt?

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2009-11-14 at 02:07.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 02:04   Link #23
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

My first love was also my first crush I guess (so neener on that one); we were together for 2 years, I met him when I was in 6th grade. Awesome, awesome boy, miss him greatly. I don't think we'd have actually stayed together and gotten married like we were discussing, but who knows?

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 02:19   Link #24
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

I remember him, I'll never forget him. We dated for a while our freshman year of high school, even after we broke up we were still really good friends.

He passed away 2/3/08. Sixteen is just too young of an age to die, makes me sick thinking of it.
Old 2009-11-14, 02:35   Link #25
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
But the feelings can be as intense but perhaps fleeting. I'm with radientbeam on that one. By crush, i don't mean when kids fancy other kids, but the kind of 'puppy love' that is usually experienced at early teen ages when hormones start kicking in.
Even if it's towards some random ass star in a boyband (okay back to the 90's, lol), posters everywhere, singing tunes, all giddy and high and it lasts for a long while, the chemistry makeup and attraction stages are somewhat similar.
You end up besotted.

To experience true love, well only the person themselves knows the intensity and deepness of the emotion during their teens perhaps and usually with the hindsight = 20/20 thing, many people look back and notice that what felt like love then is nothing compared to a relationship that they may be in during their 20's or 30's when the stakes are somewhat higher and the sacrifices are a little more dire.

Hence if no one has yet to establish a relationship just yet, I referred to their 'first crush' instead. If first really was at some young ass age, the 'most intense' perhaps is more apt?
Er... you're thinking too hard... this isn't a talk about philosophy or anything, it's a pretty straight forward question.
Old 2009-11-14, 02:44   Link #26
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Quote:
Er... you're thinking too hard... this isn't a talk about philosophy or anything, it's a pretty straight forward question.
Who mentioned philosophy?
When you denounce 'first crush' as an option to those who haven't experienced their first love yet as an alternative option and belitting it's significance, then yeah, of course I'm gonna be tempted to challenge that, they can bring back bittersweet memories as well, which I figured is the reason or part of the ambience of this thread, no?

Also, it's kinda common on the GC forum to get a few side topics from the main question of a thread anyway for discussion.
It didn't take many braincells to put my input into this one either.

That and I'm curious, if you're looking for a simple yes/no answer, why no poll?

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
Old 2009-11-14, 02:57   Link #27
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Well, I just gave my first confession about a month back. I guess I'd probably still call it a crush, but it's different from any of my high school crushes... and not just because I was too much of a nerd in high school to care much about girls.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 03:01   Link #28
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Well, I guess I can say I am in the midst of my first love right now.

I guess I should stay out of this thread, or I'll get too depressed.
Ascaloth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 03:09   Link #29
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

My first crush...I actually had two form simultaneously on my first day at a new school: I was four years old. I was never the type who believed girls had cooties, and I also found out at that tender age that I liked both traditionally feminine girls--one girl that I crushed on had ankle-length black hair and stuck with the other girls, doing 'girl things'--and less traditional ones: the other had very short brown hair and alternated between beating me up when I said something she considered stupid and protecting me from the bigger kids.

My first crush in the context of 'I think a relationship would be viable' was when I was thirteen, a girl I had been friends with for a while who was a partner in crime in my early attempts at writing epic stories: I'd do the writing, she'd do accompanying art. Very pretty half-Japanese girl, but as much as I liked her, turns out she's heterosexual but aromantic, and I'm heteroromantic but asexual, so we realized pretty quickly after I raised the idea of trying something that it wasn't going to go anywhere.

First out-and-out love followed when I was fifteen, another half-Japanese girl. She and I became close in a bizarre way that I don't think I'll ever be with someone else, and wouldn't want to if I could...but with her it worked. We had an off-and-on sort of relationship for years and years, then she went missing. Not that we fell out of contact, she literally went missing. Turned up in Japan some time later and let me know, but I somehow doubt we'll be 'back on' again. It hurts, just a little.

Last edited by Ricky Controversy; 2009-11-17 at 23:38.
Ricky Controversy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 03:30   Link #30
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Ricky's idea of a "first crush for which a relationship might be viable" is kind of where I am right now. At my last con a few months back I ran into a 5'2-ish girl with glasses cosplaying as a character from a bishoujo game to anime adaptation, and not one of the really well known Key games at that. The fact she asked me whether I was familiar with the franchise from watching the anime or playing the game only confirmed to me that she was clearly a superior class of nerd girl.

Despite this, a lot of people think I'm trolling them when I say you can get girl's e-mail adresses through cosplay photography.

Old 2009-11-14, 04:04   Link #31
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Who mentioned philosophy?
When you denounce 'first crush' as an option to those who haven't experienced their first love yet as an alternative option and belitting it's significance, then yeah, of course I'm gonna be tempted to challenge that, they can bring back bittersweet memories as well, which I figured is the reason or part of the ambience of this thread, no?

Also, it's kinda common on the GC forum to get a few side topics from the main question of a thread anyway for discussion.
It didn't take many braincells to put my input into this one either.

That and I'm curious, if you're looking for a simple yes/no answer, why no poll?
A poll is kinda pointless, its about talking about first loves, if you haven't had a first love yet then whats the point in talking then? Its not the thread for you. Its not like you have to post in every thread. It's having a white guy post in a thread labeled "Asian Community"
Old 2009-11-14, 05:12   Link #32
Nostalgia
We're so far gone

Send a message via Yahoo to Nostalgia
Nope, never will love nor be loved. Moe post is moe, yo. I for one have seen white people post in asian comms.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 08:33   Link #33
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Quote:
A poll is kinda pointless, its about talking about first loves, if you haven't had a first love yet then whats the point in talking then? Its not the thread for you. Its not like you have to post in every thread. It's having a white guy post in a thread labeled "Asian Community"
And if he happened to be raised in an Asian community, then what...?
Kinda missing the point of exchanging ideas on a online forum in the 'general chat' section with an international audience, then aren't ya.
I'm enjoying hearing the tales from Ricky or 0utf0xZer0 for example, they may not have fallen in love yet, but their memories and nostalgia are just as credible, too.
I wouldn't mind it you wanting to make it 'exclusive' as such if only the general demograph here didn't have more potential to lean towards the "3rd option" of the poll, if you were to make one.
"I've yet to experience my true first love".

As I mentioned earlier, teens experience crushes with emotions that can be just as intense as falling in love. It's still learning to deal with how to potentially beginning a relationship, seeing how your thoughts change and revolve around someone, how giddy/warm you feel, the heartbreak if things didn't go right and so on.
They're viable subjects to discuss in here too imo.

Eitherway, short of kicking anyone out who hasn't experienced that yet, I beleive it's a open to all and both aspects are somewhat linked emotionally anyways.

Saying that, I better take my leave I guess or just lurk around while the thread grows. ^^

Old 2009-11-14, 11:45   Link #34
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Send a message via Skype™ to Throne Invader
My first love was this guy I met in 2nd year high school. He had alot of things I was looking for in a guy and he was different from other guys too. Believe me people, I'm a girl that has semi or really high standards. Having the same values is really important to me. We had alot of the same interests too. When he finally confessed his feelings to me, I had this totally funny giggly feeling and I tried my best to hide it but to no avail. He finally confessed to me after half the school year cause he thought I had other suitors. We didn't officially become boyfriend and girlfriend because we both had reasons but we spent time as if we were. At the end of 3rd year, he had to leave because he and his family were going to move to Canada. We said our goodbyes because we knew this most likely wasn't gonna work out but all I can say he's one of the best guys I have met so far in my life and also the kind of guy I find hard to replace.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 12:01   Link #35
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
*sighs*

Beyond the whole "first crush" thing, I actually have had a first love. Was a guy I met while I was still in seventh grade, he was my best friend. I crushed on him pretty hard, and somewhere along the way it became love, although I never confessed because he called me a sister and I could never get a clear reading on his feelings. Finally got over him near the end of my senior year of high school, after a lot of things happened and I realized he wasn't the man I thought he was. It was hard to get over that.... I honestly thought I could have spent my life with him if we'd done things right and been honest from the start.
Old 2009-11-14, 12:02   Link #36
klowny
OH NO

Before i left high school i told my school president that i had a crush on her since freshman year, she always cheerful and energetic, the only problem was that she had a boyfriend and she was leaving new york to go to college somewhere else so it wouldn't have worked out
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 12:48   Link #37
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
And if he happened to be raised in an Asian community, then what...?
Kinda missing the point of exchanging ideas on a online forum in the 'general chat' section with an international audience, then aren't ya.
I'm enjoying hearing the tales from Ricky or 0utf0xZer0 for example, they may not have fallen in love yet, but their memories and nostalgia are just as credible, too.
I wouldn't mind it you wanting to make it 'exclusive' as such if only the general demograph here didn't have more potential to lean towards the "3rd option" of the poll, if you were to make one.
"I've yet to experience my true first love".

As I mentioned earlier, teens experience crushes with emotions that can be just as intense as falling in love. It's still learning to deal with how to potentially beginning a relationship, seeing how your thoughts change and revolve around someone, how giddy/warm you feel, the heartbreak if things didn't go right and so on.
They're viable subjects to discuss in here too imo.

Eitherway, short of kicking anyone out who hasn't experienced that yet, I beleive it's a open to all and both aspects are somewhat linked emotionally anyways.

Saying that, I better take my leave I guess or just lurk around while the thread grows. ^^
Smart choice, being unnecessarily complicated without me to smack you upside the head and say shut up would've been frustrating lol

Every thread is segregated, its why theres separate threads for every topic. Not everyone watches the same things, read the same things, do the same things or experience the same things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klowny View Post
Before i left high school i told my school president that i had a crush on her since freshman year, she always cheerful and energetic, the only problem was that she had a boyfriend and she was leaving new york to go to college somewhere else so it wouldn't have worked out
lol, your location says NY. did you follow here there? XD
Old 2009-11-14, 13:16   Link #38
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
lol, your location says NY. did you follow here there? XD
He said she was leaving NY.
Spoiler for :
Old 2009-11-14, 13:18   Link #39
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
He said she was leaving NY.
Spoiler for :
Ah! Ok, misread my mistake
Old 2009-11-14, 14:30   Link #40
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

One thing I am curious about is when you people started taking relationships seriously, in the sense of actually trying to develop them.

Part of the reason I consider my current crush to be my first "viable" one is because I've been making an effort to get to know her - she's the first girl I've actually confessed to.

I imagine that waiting until 22 to make this transition is somewhat later than average - I freely admit to being quite the nerd during my high school years.