AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-24, 11:10   Link #41
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

I read the first three chapters of the manga adaptation and it was pretty good. When is this going to air? I may wait to read the manga and watch the anime first.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 11:37   Link #42
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I read the first three chapters of the manga adaptation and it was pretty good. When is this going to air? I may wait to read the manga and watch the anime first.
April 6th I think.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 11:40   Link #43
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
April 6th I think.
Nice, thanks.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 19:01   Link #44
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

This hasn't been mentioned yet, so...

OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 02:15   Link #45
NeoSam

I added the cover of volume 8 of the shounen light novel series Mayoi Neko Overrun! to the first post of this thread.

The first volume of the shounen manga adaptation will be released on April 30th, 2010.
Old 2010-04-06, 14:47   Link #46
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

The tsundere antics were just fun to watch...ending with a chibi, "TAKUMI NO BAKA!"

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 16:24   Link #47
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep1:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 19:32   Link #48
justsomeguy

What's up with the crap opening song? The singers are reading the lyrics with barely any heart, and the music sounds like prerecorded beats on a synthesizer and cheap carnival fare! By far the worst I've ever heard.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 19:33   Link #49
Lummie

Anyone else who thought that Mikoto from To Aru Index was standing in the bus?

Spoiler for Bus:
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 21:05   Link #50
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

The OP song was poor and the singing awful, and the seiyuu work for the initial crying was just embarrassing. But I actually enjoyed the episode itself. The look and animation seemed excellent to me.

I thought the seiyuu work was good, especially from Okamoto Nobuhiko. He's also the lead guy in Kaichou wa Maid-sama. Except for the crying, Itou Kanae was good, especially her tsuntsun stuff. And Iguchi Yuka did a nice version of a Kugimiya Rie ojou-sama, lol.

On the surface, the story may seem stereotypical, but the relations among the characters felt different to me than other shows. There was less stupidity and more feeling. We can probably expect the story to unroll a little differently than usual, since the original novelist is doing the series composition.

No overall director was made public before the series started, and none was credited in the opening credits. But in the end credits, Itagaki Shin (Basquash) was credited as director (kantoku), episode director, episode writer, and episode storyboarder. We'll see if he turns out to be the overall director of the series.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-04-06 at 21:32.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 00:29   Link #51
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

I was very surprised by the quality of the first episode. you'd figure this sort of thing would be pegged for QUALITY fest, but the art direction & animation was great. voice work was nice too (yuka iguchi as ojou-sama type was HNNGGGHH). episode content good as well; different from the manga though but good. I was originally expecting to drop this series, but if this keeps up I'll gladly stick through it.
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 01:40   Link #52
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Saw the first episode. The animation production company is AIC. I believe the first show I've seen by them was Petite Princess. This studio tends to be generally good at the overall animation production for most series it has undertaken. I also liked the episode. Simple and to the point. Not much of a story though other than the element of that slice-of-life vibe it projects, so I suppose each episode will have it's theme and build around it without worrying too much about the story.
Old 2010-04-07, 02:54   Link #53
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Well, I've got the first episode down, and while it seems plain, it has pretty good animation. I can't shake the feeling of it being a bit... generic, though. Despite that, I'm still gonna watch it.
Old 2010-04-07, 03:13   Link #54
Audit01

Fanservice

Just another shallow comedy\harem anime...
Whats wrong with the japanese these days are they running out of ideas ??

^^------------------------- Macross Frontier !!!! -------------------------^^
Audit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 04:31   Link #55
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
I liked how the guy are depicted, nice and sane, even competent!
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 05:34   Link #56
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
To be honest, when I first saw the manga chapter I thought it would be something mindless like To-Love-Ru and only read it because the art is done by Kentaro Yabuki, but I ended up pleasantly surprised. Thus, I have looking forward for the anime adaptation, but the first episode let me down a bit. The anime is different from the manga too, although it's possible that it's more in line with the original light novel and the second episode will be about the manga first chapter.

Also disappointing are the opening songs, a bit too much focus on the annoying male friend with the glasses (Ieyasu?) and not enough on Nozomi (the cat-girl only got to speak one line). A nice addition is the two maids, I love how they bluntly tell their master's true feelings. I'll definitely be looking forward to the previews, hope they got to speak more lines too.

The main appeal is the male lead, unlike typical harem leads who are oblivious towards their childhood friend's feelings, he got a pretty good grasp towards Fumino's character, and I hope they'll focus on this interesting relationship further.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 05:54   Link #57
MetaFire
Wuthuh?

I read the manga and then watched this episode. Is Chise supposed to be the super otaku cosplay freak she was in this in the novels also? I was extremely disappointed how they made her character in the anime.

Favorite Animes of 2010: Baka to Test to Shoukanju, Tantei Opera Milky Holmes
MetaFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 07:08   Link #58
wingman32x

Watched the first episode, and it was decent. There are certain things that I like better than the manga, but there are also things that were worse than the manga. The thing I like about the anime is the portrayal of Fumino's character. I thought she was all around cuter in the anime. I don't like anime Chise. They really dropped the ball with her. We'll see how it goes, but I didn't like how she was into otaku things like cosplay, that was pretty random. Overall, I can't decide at this point weather I like the anime or manga better. I need more chapters/episodes of both before making that call. But the anime did start off decent enough.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 07:09   Link #59
Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Mikuru Moe Overload

Send a message via MSN to Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Am I the only one who's noticing a huge seiyuu joke with Umenomori and her two maids, Satou and Suzuki?

Umenomori = Yuka Iguchi = Index
Satou = Rina Satou = Mikoto
Suzuki = Arai Satomi = Kuroko

Of course, this is being lampshaded by Fumino getting voiced by Itou Kanae (Saten). Herp derp.
Old 2010-04-07, 07:23   Link #60
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Anyone else who thought that Mikoto from To Aru Index was standing in the bus?

Spoiler for Bus:
Wow nice catch. Combined with what Kurogane_Shiroikaze said, I believe it is intentional.

The episode content was decent, OP and ED not as great as it should be. And animation is really inconsistent. The preview animation was really bad, look at the eyes. Not too bad overall, it has some pretty interesting characters. And you can't go wrong with cat girls.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, romance, shounen