AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-07, 07:31   Link #61
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurogane_Shiroikaze View Post
Am I the only one who's noticing a huge seiyuu joke with Umenomori and her two maids, Satou and Suzuki?

Umenomori = Yuka Iguchi = Index
Satou = Rina Satou = Mikoto
Suzuki = Arai Satomi = Kuroko

Of course, this is being lampshaded by Fumino getting voiced by Itou Kanae (Saten). Herp derp.
Wow, didn't know there were that many index/railgun VA's in this. Then again, I'm not too big on following seiyuu's so it makes sense that I would overlook that. That is funny how they're grouped together like that lol.

Never knew that was Saten's seiyuu voicing Fumino.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 07:38   Link #62
Marty17
Like What You Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Watched the first episode, and it was decent. There are certain things that I like better than the manga, but there are also things that were worse than the manga. The thing I like about the anime is the portrayal of Fumino's character. I thought she was all around cuter in the anime. I don't like anime Chise. They really dropped the ball with her. We'll see how it goes, but I didn't like how she was into otaku things like cosplay, that was pretty random. Overall, I can't decide at this point weather I like the anime or manga better. I need more chapters/episodes of both before making that call. But the anime did start off decent enough.
I'm pretty much on the same boat, mainly about Chise. It may be 1 eps. and 3 manga CHs, but it feels different (from 1 another), especially we don't see her angry side (I guess its to stop clashing with Fumino) but more pampered (not in an overly spoilt way).
Old 2010-04-07, 07:48   Link #63
Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Mikuru Moe Overload

Send a message via MSN to Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Wow nice catch. Combined with what Kurogane_Shiroikaze said, I believe it is intentional.

The episode content was decent, OP and ED not as great as it should be. And animation is really inconsistent. The preview animation was really bad, look at the eyes. Not too bad overall, it has some pretty interesting characters. And you can't go wrong with cat girls.
The preview animation was pretty damn weird lol. Suddenly doing it in faux cel-shaded CG out of nowhere. Doesn't that cost more than just animating it normally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Wow, didn't know there were that many index/railgun VA's in this. Then again, I'm not too big on following seiyuu's so it makes sense that I would overlook that. That is funny how they're grouped together like that lol.

Never knew that was Saten's seiyuu voicing Fumino.
I didn't really notice it until Satou and Suzuki started talking and then FLASH! INSPIRATION.

I knew Saten was in the show for a while already though, watched the Mayoi Neko Overrun Book! TV special where she did a crazy shouting of "NI KAI SHINNE!" there
Old 2010-04-07, 08:00   Link #64
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Watched 1st episode. And I'm disappointed. I don't know but I think the manga is better so far. Maybe because it's Kentaro Yabuki's art in manga that gave me the impression that the animation is bad. And not only the artwork but the characters, I'm really ok with the other characters but this Ieyasu guy(the glasses guy who likes 2d girls) pisses me off. He's annoying in my opinion and it feels like he was in more spotlight than that of the main guy. I just hate him. And yeah his seiyuu too is annoying. It would have been decent but after he appeared in the scenes, I'm really irritated and made me feel bad. Is he really part of the light novels?
Edit: ok I see him in the manga but he's not as annoying as this one in the anime. I just wish the second episode, he will not appear cause 1st: he's not one of the main characters, and 2nd: he's not funny, and 3rd: he's annoying and badly animated. And also 4th: he's a perverted character that reminds me of cliche characters that I hate the most!!!

Last edited by Haru~; 2010-04-07 at 08:11.
Haru~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 09:34   Link #65
Nosauz

decent episode, a little on the vapid side, but still pretty enjoyable. One part that was pretty god awful was the op, it was the most generic cat theme turd sandwich i've heard in a while, probably the badness of the music was heightened with the overall oversaturation of rom coms/comedies based on or around cats. Just felt it to be extremely cheesy and bland. Takumi is a decent lead, because he doesn't misunderstand Fuminp's emotions, but this feels like one of those shows were you get faux development, and after 12 or so episodes your back at square 1, we'll see, but it's nothing stellar more on the lines of average to decent.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 10:09   Link #66
Wrath88
Kissing...

^Vapid, but enjoyable. Sums it up.

How did the guy get from her left over to her right...
Old 2010-04-07, 10:10   Link #67
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I dunno, but with cats, a tsundere pettanko, and also someone whose defining lines is to yell their target to die, this show should've been titled 'Daikuuji Ayu' lol.

Overall pretty enjoyable for me, then again, with the osananajimi at the forefront, why wouldn't I be? At the very least she seems to have more depth than your typical character, with her past and all. Main lead better take up some responsibility and protect her for the rest of her life, insults and punches and all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz
but this feels like one of those shows were you get faux development, and after 12 or so episodes your back at square 1
Is there any doubt? Ongoing source, harem, and only a 12 episode run. Expecting anything other than the above would be foolhardy indeed lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 10:26   Link #68
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Is there any doubt? Ongoing source, harem, and only a 12 episode run. Expecting anything other than the above would be foolhardy indeed lol.
I really don't know why people expect otherwise when it comes to light novel and for the most part manga adaptions.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 10:48   Link #69
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I really don't know why people expect otherwise when it comes to light novel and for the most part manga adaptions.
O I don't really expect much, but I threw it out there because some people do. Most of the times these shows are meant to expand the merchandising and manga/light novel says more so than anything else. We can always hope for better right?
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 10:51   Link #70
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I thought it was cute. The manga's better so far [the fanservice here is actually bothering me a bit], and I don't like what they did to Chise, but it can easily become a harmless add-on to her personality.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 10:51   Link #71
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Am I the only one who's noticing a huge seiyuu joke with Umenomori and her two maids, Satou and Suzuki?

Umenomori = Yuka Iguchi = Index
Satou = Rina Satou = Mikoto
Suzuki = Arai Satomi = Kuroko

Of course, this is being lampshaded by Fumino getting voiced by Itou Kanae (Saten). Herp derp.
YOu also forgot that the main protagonist was the seiyuu for Accelerator, so make that 4.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 11:04   Link #72
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I dunno, but with cats, a tsundere pettanko, and also someone whose defining lines is to yell their target to die, this show should've been titled 'Daikuuji Ayu' lol.

Overall pretty enjoyable for me, then again, with the osananajimi at the forefront, why wouldn't I be? At the very least she seems to have more depth than your typical character, with her past and all. Main lead better take up some responsibility and protect her for the rest of her life, insults and punches and all...

Judging from the three manga chapters I've read, I think it would make an osana-najimi shipper happy, as their relationship is what appeals the most to me from the series. Also, looking at the opening (with 'mute' on, of course) suggests that she is indeed a frontrunner in the harem race.

But yeah, these types of shows are just like a rollercoaster - You're gonna end up in roughly the same position you started, so let's just hope the ride is an enjoyable and exciting one...And if you're really lucky, you got a satisfactory adaptation and promise of a second season. Unfortunately, even though the original source has something that sets it apart from the typical harem fanservice show, most anime adaptation forces them back into it anyway, like Rosario + Vampire...
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 12:39   Link #73
Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Mikuru Moe Overload

Send a message via MSN to Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
YOu also forgot that the main protagonist was the seiyuu for Accelerator, so make that 4.
Male seiyuus don't really count :P. Okamoto Nobuhiko's in a few other shows this season with some of the other Railgun/Index seiyuus anyways.
Old 2010-04-07, 12:55   Link #74
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Male seiyuus don't really count :P. Okamoto Nobuhiko's in a few other shows this season with some of the other Railgun/Index seiyuus anyways.
That still doesn't mean that he isn't a character in Index.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 13:39   Link #75
Irie

To be honest, I would give this show the benefit of the doubt but it didn't compare favorably to the manga. For me, the relationship between Yabuki and Fumino and their little misunderstandings is what really makes the stories interesting.

This first episode seemed to give too much emphasis on the supporting characters and seemed a bit too fast paced. I actually went back to the manga to see if I misunderstood the original storyline. Not that I expect both to be the same but the overall focus on the relationship between protagonist shouldn't change all that much. I can't tell at this point were the story is headed or if it's one of those shows without any real plot.

I'll continue to watch but my expectations are now a lot lower. Like many of you said, it's a fun story but nothing I would anxiously anticipate each week. So far.
Old 2010-04-07, 13:42   Link #76
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Oh, I definitely don't see this as something many people will anxiously look forward to every week. Especially with this season being [in my eyes] so superior to the last.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 14:02   Link #77
Irie

I know what you mean but I was hoping for better. It's only one episode but I do hope it develops into something closer to the manga. At least in emphasis and not necessarily in the stories.
Old 2010-04-07, 14:12   Link #78
Kaoru Chujo
Kimura Juri

Almost no anime compare favorably with their manga. Reading a manga beforehand is usually a recipe for disaster, for me. I think we have to do our best to let the anime be itself, and not always be comparing it, especially after only one episode.

Which is to say that I am definitely giving this one the benefit of the doubt -- despite the fact that I haven't seen one show yet this season that I hated, and many that I liked (Dai Maou, Hakuouki, Senkou no Night Raid, Working, Maid-sama, Three Kingdoms, Heroman, Yutori-chan, Giant Killing, Arakawa, Angel Beats, even K-On...).

In this show, I like the lead guy, and his relationship with his osananajimi, and even with the ojou-san. I like knowing the origin of "die twice," and why he says her attitude is partly his fault. I like his voiceovers, and his truth-telling, and I especially like the truth-telling of the two maids (who are anime original characters?). As a cat-lover, I even like the oddly drawn cats.

The twerp friend is awful, but not as awful as many such characters, for me. At least he is straightforward about it. But I do hope he fades away.
Kimura Juri 木村珠莉 Joined Tokyo Voice Actors' Co-op in 2011, did voice-overs for corporate presentations. Anime bit parts 2013-14. Stars in Shirobako as Miyamori, will star in Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku (spring). Enjoys music, looking at Buddha images, reading. Used to work at a bookstore. Says she is a maudlin drunk. Age unknown.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi |
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 14:31   Link #79
Midonin
Last Engage

I know the manga is the only thing translated right now, but the light novels are the original source. Even the manga is derivative.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 16:01   Link #80
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Disappointed. It almost seemed like the glasses guy got more focus than the supposed main male. Maybe if he was something you could overlook that but he is just plainly annoying.

God I hope he fades away soon because I am not sure I want to watch anime where such characters take the front. VERY irritating.

Also the whole cosplay was retarded as hell. I definitely do not like this change too...

So yeah so far anime is just one plain disappointment. I will hang around for a few more episodes but I really hope they will make sidecharacters SIDE-characters and drop all this ridiculous cosplay shit.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, romance, shounen