AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-07, 16:11   Link #81
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie View Post
To be honest, I would give this show the benefit of the doubt but it didn't compare favorably to the manga. For me, the relationship between Yabuki and Fumino and their little misunderstandings is what really makes the stories interesting.

This first episode seemed to give too much emphasis on the supporting characters and seemed a bit too fast paced. I actually went back to the manga to see if I misunderstood the original storyline. Not that I expect both to be the same but the overall focus on the relationship between protagonist shouldn't change all that much. I can't tell at this point were the story is headed or if it's one of those shows without any real plot.

I'll continue to watch but my expectations are now a lot lower. Like many of you said, it's a fun story but nothing I would anxiously anticipate each week. So far.
Actually I thought it was a good introduction. All in all though, this was the introduction + fumino introduction, and it seems the Nozomi intro is next week, probably followed by the chise backstory if it continues on that path. I am actually hoping that the other two heroines get alot of screentime and interaction with the mainlead as well, because they are all very good characters, and Id hate to see a "Milk the tsundere" approach for the majority of the series.

And it seems Nozomi is going to end up living with the protagonist again in the anime, which means more screentime, which is a + since im a big nozomi fan. I was wondering if she was going to end up staying with Chise.

People will warm up to chise overtime.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 21:24   Link #82
rumia
普通の魔法使い

original is light novel but I like manga for yabuki sensei drew it~
watched episode 1
I thought anime is just OK.
moe,tsundere,neko,harem,these what I like~
rumia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 23:01   Link #83
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol what was that .
Yeah , that was so differrent from the manga .
Dunno , which one is the closest from the LN , i guess the manga .
Average episode . Poor introduction .
Omg , the chicken part and the little boy .
Well , what is good => Chise is so moe .
I prefer the manga 10x .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 23:16   Link #84
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
I think the manga is better as it goes into more detail, and Yabuki can draw some really good boobs(hey, im just honest)

But the manga is monthly, and this isnt awful. Ill still read the manga though.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 23:58   Link #85
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

wow she have some anger issues
Old 2010-04-08, 03:05   Link #86
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

well... first episode is ok. I won't call it great but the first episode would make me watch more of it. it made me a bit confused since i read the manga... but i guess it's ok (you can barely make a 12 episode anime if it'll be solely manga based anyway).
Old 2010-04-08, 03:37   Link #87
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
I enjoyed the first episode but wasn't great so I'd say 6/10 as start I can hope it gets better with future episodes, few other shows have started rough this year and done better as gone on. Also OP was meh but not awfully, the ED was probably favorite part of the episode it was a really really cute song, it fit the show nicely I think.
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 09:11   Link #88
Westlo
Lets be reality

*watches episode*

yeah typical bullshit from the fanbase "zomg glasses guy got more focus zomg* lol?

Watch next episode before you go zomg it's not the manga either please, not that it matters since the anime was probably in production before the manga in the first place and might be closer to the original source, Mayoi light novels.

Oh well, good thing we won't have "it's not like the manga!!" talk soon, since the manga only has 3 chapters out.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 09:34   Link #89
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

We can't compare it to light novels, most of us doesn't know how to read hiragana/katakana/kanji or understand japanese. And the most famous source for japanese light novel translation (baka-tsuki) doesn't have it either. Most people would compare it with the manga since it's the one that has a translation.
Old 2010-04-08, 11:11   Link #90
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

It didn't 'draw' me in like other first episodes. I'll stick with it for a couple more.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 14:32   Link #91
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
*watches episode*

yeah typical bullshit from the fanbase "zomg glasses guy got more focus zomg* lol?
When the next episode will come it may be different but in this one the glasses guy got too much focus. It is not fanbase just a simple opinion, which you are too ignorant to accept.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 23:15   Link #92
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
*watches episode*

Watch next episode before you go zomg it's not the manga either please, not that it matters since the anime was probably in production before the manga in the first place and might be closer to the original source, Mayoi light novels.

Oh well, good thing we won't have "it's not like the manga!!" talk soon, since the manga only has 3 chapters out.
Personally, I am relieved. I really did not like TLR at all. I'll be glad to this series actually go somewhere; regardless of how trite the premise will be, I will enjoy this. So long as there's PLOT, and not just innuendo+boobies.
TWGOK (Kaminomi, The world God only knows)

Last edited by babohtea; 2010-04-08 at 23:26.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 01:50   Link #93
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
When the next episode will come it may be different but in this one the glasses guy got too much focus. It is not fanbase just a simple opinion, which you are too ignorant to accept.
Maybe he liked the perverted glasses guy? Which in my opinion is really the most annoying character I watched this season. Seriously, it's not a fanbase, it's just I feel really irritated whenever he appeared in the episode, and it left me a bad impression. And that's really bad for an introduction to the series. I just hope this glasses dude, Ieyasu, doesn't appear cause he just destroyed the appeal of the series for me.
Old 2010-04-12, 22:14   Link #94
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Finally got around to watching episode one and it was alright. It had it's moments but I was expecting a little more. Fumino's breast size fluctuated a little too, that's always stupid.
Old 2010-04-13, 14:22   Link #95
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 19:40   Link #96
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
Given the nature of this series it would hardly be surprising. As long as we don't get "cabbages" we'll be fine.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 20:33   Link #97
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
lol yeah right mate, you were like crying he almost got more focus than the male lead which is clear BS lol, now it's he had too much focus, fair enough comment but you were overreacting before, but hey that's your thing!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 00:56   Link #98
FateAnomaly

For a anime with neko in its name, this series is pretty boring.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 03:14   Link #99
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
ep2:

-The idea light bulb has now caught up with the times as a LED.

-The maids are cel shaded 3D models.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 04:10   Link #100
Kaoru Chujo
Kimura Juri

Ep 2. If you try to catalogue its strengths and weaknesses, this show doesn't have much going for it. Nothing much happens, and the drawing is just barely acceptable. But somehow the show has a sweet and charming spirit that shines through for me and makes it enjoyable.

Almost despite their surface characteristics, the main characters seem interesting and real. At least so far. I generally don't like tsunderes, but Fumino somehow pleases me. Uppity ojou-samas can be boring, but I somehow find Chise acceptable. Nozomi seems a blank, but her skills and Taketatsu Ayana's voice give her a real presence. I generally find schoolboy reticence and embarrassment very off-putting, but Takumi seems like a strong character despite all that. I can still do without otaku-boy, but even he was a bit less bad this week.
Kimura Juri 木村珠莉 Joined Tokyo Voice Actors' Co-op in 2011, did voice-overs for corporate presentations. Anime bit parts 2013-14. Stars in Shirobako as Miyamori, will star in Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku (spring). Enjoys music, looking at Buddha images, reading. Used to work at a bookstore. Says she is a maudlin drunk. Age unknown.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi |
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, romance, shounen