AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-01-08, 22:41   Link #1
myopius

Amatsuki

Hey, anyone here also love this series a lot and just been waiting for a chance to express themselves? :D Amatsuki is

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
serialized in the manga magazine Comic Zero-Sum.
6 volumes are currently released: (volume 6 got released on 25/10/2007)

Spoiler:

Mangaka: Shinobu Takayama
(Unlicensed)

The story's premise as related by Hinami (which scanlates the series, and as of this time they've done 21/41 released chapters) is:
Quote:
History isn't Tokidoki's strong subject. He's even forced to do make-up work at a high-tech history museum to bring up his failing grades. After losing an eye to a virtual reality monster in an Edo-period simulation, he finds himself unable to leave the game. Could it be real?
But the story is so much more than that. There are references to modern science, the Edo period way of life, and complex belief systems. The story truly livens up history, and the characters are very likable. The manga's perspective alternates between the Edo period world and the modern ("real/ordinary") world in a very intriguing way.

Last October, the news of an anime adaptation from Studio Deen was announced. The web site for that is http://www.amatsuki.com/web/index.html . I'm happy because the series deserves more attention. :) Character designs are at http://www.amatsuki.com/web/chara.html . From top to bottom, they are: Rikugou Tokidoki (or just Toki), Shinonome Kon, Kuchiha, Bonten.

That's Kuchiha below, btw.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 03:47   Link #2
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

From what I read. The art is awesome. The story is kinda wtf is going on? I like the characters quite a bit too. It isn't really that intresting at this point tbh. I blame the story for not having enough drama. If this was an art book I'd run to the store to buy it. =o
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 04:26   Link #3
Sakuya
*Artist

Yet another seemingly good show for spring?! It's gonna be so packed. I really like the manga art as well. But the anime designs seem kind of plain in comparison.

Edit:
Let me rephase that, I really love the manga's illustrations! The coloring style is so unique! I am wondering how she does it.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 21:21   Link #4
myopius

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
From what I read. The art is awesome. The story is kinda wtf is going on? I like the characters quite a bit too. It isn't really that intresting at this point tbh. I blame the story for not having enough drama. If this was an art book I'd run to the store to buy it. =o
I get where you're coming from. I'd say the style of both characterization and plot development is nowhere near as "direct" as you find in a shounen, or really even most shoujo. (I don't think the magazine is exclusively either, actually.) The plot is complex; the first time I read a couple of the earlier volumes, I went too quickly, so I went back and re-read a lot of it to better understand it. And I'd say it's true that more effort is needed than for most manga to keep up with much of the plot.

The story's plot seems interesting to me, as I understand it, though.
Spoiler for Major spoilers for various intrigues up through the third volume:
So I have no trouble finding things which interest me about the story. Even aside from trying to piece together the metaphors and hints, I've grown to like the characters significantly (especially Bonten, Kuchiha, Toki, and Kon), and seeing them interact with each other and their immediate situations is enough to keep my interest occupied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
But the anime designs seem kind of plain in comparison.
Yeah, it's not just you, I read the opinions of a few other people who dislike the character designs too. I personally have no problem with them, since there's nothing "missing" or "wrong" that I see, and I don't expect Studio Deen to be able to keep up with Takayama's art.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 21:40   Link #5
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

Just from this thread, the coloring is very vibrant and beautiful. Can't wait to see how good the story is.
Old 2008-08-04, 22:44   Link #6
Xanithor

So, I nearly forgot about this series, I think I stopped at around the twenties. Dunno. So I took a peek at the 30th chapter. What.WHAT?!

Spoiler:
Xanithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 00:49   Link #7
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Yes, things are far more complex than you think.

Spoiler:
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 07:25   Link #8
MooMooFarm

BEAUTIFIED BISHIE AND WHAT NOT VERSION OF .HACK SERIES.

But lack of Alkaid and Haseo Have not tried anime yet, but manga lacks in the drawing department. Not really like, oh it's not drawn good enough, but maybe the scans I've tried are too small. It feels too cramped, and the ink used and what not makes some characters too diluted among crowds.

Nice story though. but it's as random as .hack, lol.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 19:05   Link #9
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

So, I know this thread has been dead for just under 2 years but I suppose it's the best place to ask, what the heck is up with this story? From what I got off the Japanese wiki, the manga ended after 11 volumes and the scanlations are up to the beginning of volume 9 (chapter 50).
Spoiler for speculation and general confusion:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote