AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-11-16, 17:23   Link #21
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, after reading aohige's extra detail I'm more willing to accept John Giant's defeat, now. I mean, it's pretty crazy to think that Whitebeard would literally tip an entire island over just to trip up ol' JG. I'm still disappointed to know that he was taken out in a single chapter, but at least it's good to know that he simply didn't get facequake'd like that Ronse dude did.....
...He's still a secretary...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 17:30   Link #22
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Not compared to John Giant they're not.
And what makes you so certain of that? You do know that Vice Admiral Komir is amongst the marines shown in the bottom panel of that very chapter and page I referenced, right? The point here is that all of these guys are famous in their own right, not who's more famous than the others.
Old 2009-11-16, 17:41   Link #23
Rainbowman

Well, here are my reviews:

Quote:
-Whitebeard fights the marine VA John Giant, but the VA falls to the mighty pirate's earthquake powers.
Sounds like John Giant is down for the count.

Quote:
-Whitebeard makes another earthquake in an attempt to destroy the execution platform, but the admirals stop him. The rest of his crew are advancing towards the platform, as well. However, the defensive wall that Sengoku had raised makes it difficult for the rest of the pirates to reach the platform. Fortunately, it turns out that there's a section of the wall that is obstructed by the downed giant Oars, whose blood leaked into the wall's power system, damaging it......
That sounds like Sengoku never took that into account which makes me wonder if Doflamingo's actions has hindered Sengoku's plans.

Quote:
-Akainu attacks Whitebeard with a "Meteor Volcano" attack, in which he makes a fist-shaped glob of magma fall down from the sky......
I hope this proves that Akainu's DF powers are Logia.

Quote:
Hmm, so it looks like things are heating up! Rather disappointed to learn that John Giant gets taken out so quickly, since I was really looking forward to seeing him in action. I can only hope that the Buster Call VAs will not go down as quickly as he did.
You're telling me. I only know that Onigumo has Zoan DF powers. I wonder about the other 4 Buster Call VAs.

Quote:
By the way, it's great to know that Oars' sacrifice wasn't in vain.
Indeed, but I still wonder if Oars Jr.'s sacrifice is Doflamingo's intentions of Sengoku's downfall.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 18:01   Link #24
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
That sounds like Sengoku never took that into account which makes me wonder if Doflamingo's actions has hindered Sengoku's plans.

Indeed, but I still wonder if Oars Jr.'s sacrifice is Doflamingo's intentions of Sengoku's downfall.
I doubt that. It was the actions of Kuma, Doflamingo, and Moria that put Oars down for good (with Moria landing the finishing blow). That being said, Doflamingo is not solely responsible for this hindrance.
Old 2009-11-16, 18:25   Link #25
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Well, here are my reviews:
What exactly are you reviewing? MarvelB's summary?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 19:27   Link #26
noktown

Ah what the hell,Whitebeared was damaged so badly and now he's kicking ass,it's not like i have a problem with that,but what was all that Drama about the wound then ?So many pages were wasted....
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 19:37   Link #27
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Ah what the hell,Whitebeared was damaged so badly and now he's kicking ass,it's not like i have a problem with that,but what was all that Drama about the wound then ?So many pages were wasted....
What ?? there was no drama about the wound . Just some info that WB was not as strong as he was before and the reason why he got attack. No one made a big deal about the stab itself i mean this is OP.

That wound was just show you WB losing his edge. So when he does go down you know he was not in his prime and he is losing power .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 19:41   Link #28
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
What exactly are you reviewing? MarvelB's summary?
I'm actually reviewing the One Piece story itself. If you must know, right now the Whitebeard War Saga is making me depressed since the Strawhat crew have been separated and my hopes of them reuniting seem to be getting crushed by the following factors that give me discomfort: 1. Luffy deciding to save Ace immediately. 2. Ace being transported from Impel Down to Marineford. 3. Sengoku wanting to execute Ace for being the son of Gol D. Roger. The one factor I'm not happy with is Boa Hancock's one-sided love interest with Luffy (This one is a threat to the existance of the characters I plan to bring to the One Piece universe). Not that I'm hating the series itself (I enjoy having characters and their powers revealed), it's just that I want the Strawhat crew reunited immediately. And after I had to endure a year (and 1/2) of doing the Whitebeard War, Oda had better deliver with that. I hope you don't think of me as a troll for this forum, because I try not to be.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 19:57   Link #29
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
What ?? there was no drama about the wound . Just some info that WB was not as strong as he was before and the reason why he got attack. No one made a big deal about the stab itself i mean this is OP.

That wound was just show you WB losing his edge. So when he does go down you know he was not in his prime and he is losing power .
Well it could have been shortened by a lot like :

*Whitebeared gets stabbed"

Whitebeared : *Touches his wound*"Woah I'm getting old"

The rest of the crew : K let's kick some ass.*Shoot the stabber in the Head on the way*
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 20:07   Link #30
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Well it could have been shortened by a lot like :

*Whitebeared gets stabbed"

Whitebeared : *Touches his wound*"Woah I'm getting old"

The rest of the crew : K let's kick some ass.*Shoot the stabber in the Head on the way*
The stabbed was to show WB getting weak, sengoku plan , how much WB would forgive , to make him piss off .

No one made a big deal about the wound it self as i said this is OP a stab like that is not a big deal to some chars.
Old 2009-11-16, 20:42   Link #31
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

Well Whitebeard is getting old doesnt mean that he is getting weaker, but as you guys earlier said, Whitebeard can mount an earhquake in his feet, right, why does he launch an earhtquake, right away to blow the whole marine force...
Old 2009-11-16, 22:11   Link #32
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
You really think WB would have allowed the stab if he didn't want to? Just because he's getting old doesn't mean he's getting that much weaker. Sure he's not as strong as he was back in Gold Rogers' day, but WB is still the strongest pirate out there.

He allowed the stab and I'm sure he'll be fine with it. I don't see why Sengoku doesn't just tell all 3 admirals to go all out at once against WB. Sure even if Ace escapes but you kill WB, I'm sure they would be fine with that.
Old 2009-11-16, 23:37   Link #33
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
You really think WB would have allowed the stab if he didn't want to? Just because he's getting old doesn't mean he's getting that much weaker. Sure he's not as strong as he was back in Gold Rogers' day, but WB is still the strongest pirate out there.

He allowed the stab and I'm sure he'll be fine with it. I don't see why Sengoku doesn't just tell all 3 admirals to go all out at once against WB. Sure even if Ace escapes but you kill WB, I'm sure they would be fine with that.
He did not allow the stab , i mean the whole WB saying he can't be the strongest forever , or croc calling him weak or marco saying the problem was him getting hit in first place with a flash back to show WB health is getting worst would clue you in .
Old 2009-11-16, 23:51   Link #34
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
The Admirals should stop messing around and spam WB with everything they have. Of course WB wont go to the grave peacefully. Or Sengoku can get his hands dirty.
Old 2009-11-17, 00:09   Link #35
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
The Admirals should stop messing around and spam WB with everything they have.

I'm pretty sure that this is the case right now, what with all 3 admirals preventing Whitebeard from destroying the gallows with an earthquake, and Akainu summoning a magma meteor this very chapter. We should see Aokiji and Kizaru up the ante within the next few chapters, as well.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 00:52   Link #36
Freya

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that this is the case right now, what with all 3 admirals preventing Whitebeard from destroying the gallows with an earthquake, and Akainu summoning a magma meteor this very chapter. We should see Aokiji and Kizaru up the ante within the next few chapters, as well.....
How about all of them attack at ONCE. WB is screwed no matter how strong.
Old 2009-11-17, 01:10   Link #37
andy

Quote:
How about all of them attack at ONCE. WB is screwed no matter how strong.
WB also have allies , marco is still about there plus the NW captains. It been show that Marco can take on a Admiral or at least kept him busy . Then if all 3 admirals are to busy with WB who going to stop luffy and jimbei or who know who else that still left back.

This fight is not in a bubble
Old 2009-11-17, 01:13   Link #38
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
WB also have allies , marco is still about there plus the NW captains. It been show that Marco can take on a Admiral or at least kept him busy . Then if all 3 admirals are to busy with WB who going to stop luffy and jimbei or who know who else that still left back.

This fight is not in a bubble
Ierno what's the goal here? Get Ace executed right? What if you kill WB instead? Isn't that a good exchange?
Old 2009-11-17, 01:23   Link #39
andy

Quote:
Ierno what's the goal here? Get Ace executed right? What if you kill WB instead? Isn't that a good exchange?
All 3 Admirals attack WB don't mean he going to die , marco can come and help out plus other pirates. When kizura shot a beam at WB when the war start marco block it for him , jozu also stop mihawk slash . Other pirates are not going to see WB get attack and do nothing to help him.

You make sound if all 3 admirals attack together WB going to have face them by him self when it no so he has allies and very strong crew members.
Old 2009-11-17, 06:16   Link #40
seiji_kun

the admirals are there to cockblock anyone comming near Ace, not to set out to finish WB which would take to much time and leave Ace open. I don't think they'll be leaving there post to far and especially together. Though open, Garp and Sengoku who are more badass then them anyway are still there though I am expecting Garp to not lift a finger if someone would be close to freeing Ace.

And I hope this little info is only the tip of the iceberg which it seems and should cause this just seems way to little for the whole 18 pages. I thougth the past months the chaps were going ridiculously fast but if all that happened this chapter is John Giant falling who is only a secretary VA then this war is going to still take forever. I thougth Oda said this arc would be over in a year and the year is nearly ending.

Mihawk, Don Flamingo, Kuma and mass PX and even Moria are still in order with the admirals and Sengoku and Garp. If WB doesn't fall soon and Ace gets executed which I personally don't think will happen this war will still take a lot of time which I don't hate. I'm not missing the strawhats. Just watch the anime with the fillers which are a preview to movie 10 if you're missing them. I guess Oda has that planned nicely, to cover those fans.

And I still think we'll see a dethroned WB who'll never be able to fight seriously anymore with Oars jr and Ace and Jinbei and Luffy hopefully beeing feeded bye Hancock at a campfire celebrating their "victory" which is freeing Ace (kind of want it in the middle of the marine HQ, would just be hilarious but that's just asking to much). The way Oda deals with death just makes me think this is possible or maybe I'm to much of an optimist.

I so want Oars jr to live. I love the fellow.

Quote:
The goal is to bate the WB pirates and kill them all together with Ace and tip the scale in the favor of the marines. Bye any means which we have shown the last couple of weeks.