AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-27, 15:06   Link #281
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
To make some sense into this, try thinking of the following:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward
1st season of Legion of Super Heroes.
Certainly explaisn why I hate the idea, I find both of those shows to be bastardizations of what were once my favorite medias.

Quote:
When I said shadows of the past, I was thinking those shadows are the people I mentioned which will appear via teleportation, resurrection, or something similar to those orb thingies in Unlimited Adventure and Unlimited Cruise. Also, some the descendants of those shadows have personalities that are different from their ancestors. And those descendants would betray their ancestors for their own gains.

Yeah, we'll talk more of this once there's a fanfic thread made as member Keeper gave me a private message suggesting I request for one.
You know what, I'll join you in requesting that thread; it's good to have a place to vent while also critiquing others.
__________________
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 14:06   Link #282
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Certainly explains why I hate the idea, I find both of those shows to be bastardizations of what were once my favorite medias.
Try not to think of the popularities of those shows and instead think of the stories of those shows to see what theories are being used.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 14:45   Link #283
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Try not to think of the popularities of those shows and instead think of the stories of those shows to see what theories are being used.
Yeah, that's precisely what I hate about them. If not for that small fact I'd actually give them a chance.
I'm just anal like that; I can't help but find something like time-travel really lame unless it plays a major part in the story.
Like Back to The Future.

When it simply becomes a means to an end... well, you get my position.

By the way, I'm workin' on getting that fanfic foum, just waiting for a mod to respond.
__________________
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 21:42   Link #284
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Yeah, that's precisely what I hate about them. If not for that small fact I'd actually give them a chance.
I'm just anal like that; I can't help but find something like time-travel really lame unless it plays a major part in the story.
Like Back to The Future.

When it simply becomes a means to an end... well, you get my position.

By the way, I'm workin' on getting that fanfic foum, just waiting for a mod to respond.
Of course, Back to the Future, the movie that inspired time traveling references to such shows. (embarassed amazement) <"Why didn't I think of it?"
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 06:48   Link #285
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
So it seems pretty obvious that Nami will learn those knot tricks that make wind. I remember that the whole crew is starting to get nervous about Luffy constantly using the Gear system. The toll it takes on his body. I'm betting that when everyone comes back together. They will all have some new technique to add. Nami's will involve what she learns on that sky island.
Can you imagine Nami with the ability to control the wind? Perfect weapon on a ship. I wonder if that would work on the Calm Belt?

I can't wait to see what everyone comes back with when this whole arc is done with.
Also, didn't Lola give Nami a piece of the paper that leads to her mother, who is some great local pirate?
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 22:55   Link #286
bloody_rose
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Guys.. Seriously. I'm reading some of the things people are saying about romance and paring and I find (with the utmost respect) that they are not analyzing correctly.

OK, here we go...

Sanji and Nami won't work because he is a womanizer. (look deep within yourselves and ask "will she do it?")

Usopp and Nami won't work because... let's face it... have you seen any intimate scenes between them? They are working partners that benefit from each other in ways that employees in a company benefit.

Luffy and Nami (this is a popular one)... seriously... won't happen. Luffy is too carefree to go for girls. He has never even shown any sexual interest toward any female characters thus far. I think he would find a better time with pork, chicken, or steak than with any girl. Basically, Nami is too mature and romantic (as ironic as it seems) for him.

Zoro and Nami... not gonna happen. Zoro is much more of a ice... king (?) than any other character I have seen. Whether it's because that he is too focused on his ambition or that his love for girls died with the death of the girl from his childhood, I don't know, but the paring is not likely.

Those are pretty much the big ones. Oh, and a few side notes.
I don't see Nami as a lesbian, but rather just as a humble tease. And reindeer and skeletons don't work, so that takes care of quite a few of the other characters.
bloody_rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 10:05   Link #287
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 28
We all know Nami's greatest love is cash and greatest romance is with the world map.

Sanji loves all women and cooking is his greatest love.

Ussop's love would be Kaya and Merry.

Zoro loves his swords and slicing enemies.

Luffy loves meat and all his Nakama.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 20:13   Link #288
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloody_rose View Post
Guys.. Seriously. I'm reading some of the things people are saying about romance and paring and I find (with the utmost respect) that they are not analyzing correctly.

OK, here we go...

Sanji and Nami won't work because he is a womanizer. (look deep within yourselves and ask "will she do it?")*

Usopp and Nami won't work because... let's face it... have you seen any intimate scenes between them? They are working partners that benefit from each other in ways that employees in a company benefit.**

Luffy and Nami (this is a popular one)... seriously... won't happen. Luffy is too carefree to go for girls. He has never even shown any sexual interest toward any female characters thus far. I think he would find a better time with pork, chicken, or steak than with any girl. Basically, Nami is too mature and romantic (as ironic as it seems) for him.***

Zoro and Nami... not gonna happen. Zoro is much more of a ice... king (?) than any other character I have seen. Whether it's because that he is too focused on his ambition or that his love for girls died with the death of the girl from his childhood, I don't know, but the paring is not likely.****

Those are pretty much the big ones. Oh, and a few side notes.
I don't see Nami as a lesbian, but rather just as a humble tease. And reindeer and skeletons don't work, so that takes care of quite a few of the other characters.*****
I noticed your post here. You must either be a pessamist against pairings, or a realist being too strict with the pairings. Either way here are some things I've got to say:

1* You and I are the same on this one. I prefer that Nami NOT to be paired with Sanji. If Sanji is to be married to anyone, I'd go with Robin under the condition that she will give him extreme discipline.

2** You're also right with not pairing Nami with Usopp. Another factor of course is that Usopp is better off paired with Kaya.

3*** Here's where we disagree. Sure Luffy's always thinking on his stomach, but that's no reason to underestimate his thinking. Also the romance relation between Luffy and Nami better come true if I'm to create their descendants from the future.

4**** Once again we agree. Of course what would help for Zoro's chances for marrying anyone is if he realizes that Tashigi is actually the long lost Kuina.

5***** You forgot Franky the cyborg, but I'm sure you have some reason why he won't be paired with Nami to which I will agree.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 11:42   Link #289
bloody_rose
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
To Rainbowman:

Although I agree with you on most of what you say, I still think that Luffy and Nami would not be a... logical/likely paring. But, once again, it's an opinion, and I do respect everyone's opinion. So I will not judge you on what you think. After all, all we are doing is speculating. The only way to find out for sure is just to keep on watching. Maybe there won't any love in One Piece, but then again, maybe some unexpected pairing may show up.

Oh, and thanks for the Franky reminder.
bloody_rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 14:34   Link #290
AceD
See You En' Tee
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: England
Age: 28
Luffy wont have a romance with anyone

his only possible pairing i could see for him though, would be Vivi
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 14:57   Link #291
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
there is certain someone that loves Luffy right now, but since I haven't seen him show any interest seeing naked woman I don't think I'll see it ever Oo
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 01:15   Link #292
Psycho_Kenshin
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: USA
I love Nami, she is a true hottie. Best navigator ever.

And I'm rooting for Sanji to end up with Nami personally, we'll see.


As for Luffy, you never know. If a goof like Goku can get laid in DBZ, it just might happen for Luffy.
Psycho_Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 14:14   Link #293
Trax
Rock beats scissors
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
We all know Nami's greatest love is cash and greatest romance is with the world map.

Sanji loves all women and cooking is his greatest love.

Ussop's love would be Kaya and Merry.

Zoro loves his swords and slicing enemies.

Luffy loves meat and all his Nakama.
Didn't Nami once say she only loves money and oranges? A map of the world is her dream ofcourse...

As for Zoro, don't forget booze and sleeping.

I'd say Nami is closest to Luffy, even if there's no romantic side to that whatsoever. Anything could happen once they are a bit older and more mature though.

Back to Nami's ambition... I wonder if the world map she wants to make is really something that hasn't been done before? I can't really imagine there aren't any maps of the world yet, even if they just consist of a rudimentary collection of area maps. Ofcourse, Nami's maps are of high quality and her world map should be fairly complete, including the oceanic parts which is probably why Arlong was so interested in them; the oceanic parts are probably rarely mapped extensively by regular cartographers. She's have to do a lot more travelling to make it happen though, sail the entire grand line through all the different paths available in the first half, and the other big oceans she hasn't visited yet (probably part of East Blue aswell). It's something that might keep her busy long after the Strawhats find One Piece.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 19:39   Link #294
The_Three_Kings
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada
Well, there's no map of the world currently because the only pirates that made it to the end of the Grand Line, to Raftel, are the Jolly Roger Pirates. I dont think their navigator made a map of the world though, because if they did, really, there would be no reason for Nami to travel when she could copy out the map made by the Jolly Roger's navigator.
The_Three_Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 20:16   Link #295
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Three_Kings View Post
Well, there's no map of the world currently because the only pirates that made it to the end of the Grand Line, to Raftel, are the Jolly Roger Pirates. I dont think their navigator made a map of the world though, because if they did, really, there would be no reason for Nami to travel when she could copy out the map made by the Jolly Roger's navigator.
Thats not quite the same, theres no fun in making a copy.
For people with dreams they tend to go for it themselves.

plus I would guess to find the map they would no doubt need to reach Raftel which by then good protion of Namis map would be done.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 04:23   Link #296
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
No matter how you look at it Nami's dream has the longest way to go. She has to travel the whole world to do this map thing, and all the small islands and all those Calm belt islands and such. The fact that we don't see her drawning maps except for anime fillers and some few first chapters isn't a problem becuase we don't see crew runing from giant doplhins too often too XD

Unlike Naruto or Bleach characters in Naruto are older. Brooke is over 50 years old while the youngest crew member chopper is 15, Luffy was 18 as I remember but since they travel so long everybody could get +1 year in their age.
Somehow I doubt that 19 years old man didn't reach his maturity enough to be attracted to woman. Luffy just don't feel it, and I bet Brooke could teach him a thing of two about why woman are so attractive, but Luffy just don't get it.
Nami is only a nakama and will stay that way. He has the most beatiful woman in the world that is a princess to choose from so...
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 05:46   Link #297
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
He has the most beatiful woman in the world that is a princess to choose from so...
That's debatable :P
__________________
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 05:55   Link #298
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
That's debatable :P
but she isssss...
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 05:51   Link #299
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Nami is only a nakama and will stay that way. He has the most beatiful woman in the world that is a princess to choose from so...
Since when were you the one to dictate to Oda what he decides to do? Oda was asked something about this once before, and he danced around the issue. He didn't say yes or no.
Oda also thought that he would be ending this series after five years and we are well past that now. If Oda wants to change things then that's up to him. None of us are in any position to say for a fact that Oda will or wont do anything.

Nami wants to make a map of the world. For that she would have to visit all the islands on the Grand Line. What better place would that be then with the new King of the Pirates? It's sure that Luffy will want to go through the Grand Line again, but take one of the different paths. Surely, Nami is the most likely to stay with the crew. Franky wont leave the ship. I don't see where Robin would have to go. Zoro might stay. Unclear what happens after he defeats Hawkeye, and what could happen with Tashigi. Most of the others it's unclear what they do.
I think if any of the is likely to leave the crew at some point it would be Sanji. Odds are that the All Blue, his dream, is a set location somewhere in the Grand Line. Who's to say what he will do if they find that? That could also be a part to explain why out of all the wanted posters it was Sanji that got the silly sketch. It's a possible out for him, I guess. That or it was just done for comedic effect, since he has wanted one so badly. It's funny how he's always been the odd one out. Even back in the Alabasta Arc. On Little Island he wasn't ever really seen, there was the whole thing of the Mr. Prince, and the person he ended up fighting is Bon Clay who turns out to become an ally. Even Usopp's doesn't even have his name on it or his picture.

This isn't the freakin' romance forum.
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2009-04-22 at 06:09.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 10:35   Link #300
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 27
So...when do you guys think we'll be seeing the second sky island arc? (assuming each character gets their own mini-arc and not just a short reference of what they went through)...
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.