AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-26, 09:04   Link #41
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Luffy is surely not dumb enough to face the 3 admirals.
He has some plan of course.
"Luffy"

"plan"

Does not compute.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 09:10   Link #42
zaner
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
I think this is one of the best chapters in any manga I have ever read O_O I want to see it in the anime! It wont be as epic as when i first read it but this will be awsome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
"Luffy"

"plan"

Does not compute.
Well it does but only if it is so off the wall it just might work
to quote another popular Pirate media
Lord Beckett: You're mad!
Jack Sparrow: Well that's good, cause if I wasn't, this'd probably never work.
zaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 09:19   Link #43
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
I remember the last time Luffy had a plan.
It almost ended in death of his entire alliance.

Buggy: I knew we should never have listened to your idea Strawhaaaattt!!!
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 09:46   Link #44
Nik
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
I don't see why everyone is so surprised that the rookies at the archipelago weren't captured... I mean they're approximately at Luffy's level (perhaps a bit below after impel down and all) and the Marines probably couldn't waste any more time on mere rookies while Whitebeard could attack at any moment.....


I'm really intrigued by the "Luffy vs. 3 Admirals" thing.... would be a good moment for Luffy to understand a little bit about Haki...... at least a little bit.... (How the hell can he have no idea -,- )

Whitebeard was shown meeting with Shanks a while back... how did that end... is it possible that he will appear in the current battle??? (would love to see more of him).
Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 10:00   Link #45
seiji_kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Kizaru had no reason to capture those pirates, Kizaru just didn't know location of Strawhats that time and he just wanted to play some time with Pirates. He did not care did Pirates die or not it was just ignisificant for him.

He was basically toying with Pirates, he had no real grudge against them he just didnt have anything else to do while waiting for confirmation of Srawhats location.

When Strawhats were found he took his Pacifistas and headed to finish them off.

Akainu would just killed every pirate he would encountered, Aokiji would most likely just ignore other pirates for being too much of trouble.

Marines are not good guys, they are simply military wing of World Goverment, they 'uphold the law' and protect citizens of Kindgoms of World Goverment but they are but a military tools for World goverment and they hunt down Pirates because dont follow laws.
Them beeing pirates is enough reason in itself to capture them. His job is upholding the law and arresting some big criminals still falls under it. He could've done his organisation and the world a big favor bye actually doing his job and captured them instead of just fooling around and showing of while unnecessarily nuking some mangroves.

He didn't had any excuse like Ao Kiji who let Luffy go cause he doesn't look like a threat to innocent people and cause he was of judgement that the WG owed him one.

I don't see what you really want to contest about my line of the marines beeing the so-called good guys. Like you so nicely put it, the marines are the ones that uphold the law. That's what most good guys basicly do...
__________________
http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/d6f0e9bb51ccf01c113566a57c39cea41226394548_full.jp  g
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 10:18   Link #46
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Them beeing pirates is enough reason in itself to capture them. His job is upholding the law and arresting some big criminals still falls under it. He could've done his organisation and the world a big favor bye actually doing his job and captured them instead of just fooling around and showing of while unnecessarily nuking some mangroves.
Kizaru is an Admiral and an Admiral is only responsible for Fleet admiral and Seireitei, Kizaru had no intention of securing and arresting those pirates a perfect admiral would done that to be an example for his subordinates but Kizaru just didnt care, pirates were good toys to kill some time.

Quote:
He didn't had any excuse like Ao Kiji who let Luffy go cause he doesn't look like a threat to innocent people and cause he was of judgement that the WG owed him one.
Ao Kiji noticed that during Luffy's career he only had attacked the 'bad' guys and thought this was very alarming progress, he originally mean to let Luffy go because he wanted to confrim that Robin was with Strawhats.

When he confirmed that he noticed that Luffy was very similar with Garp and was not just an ordinary pirate and he could become major threat to WG specially with Robin with them, he then decided to neutralize problem by killing all Strawhats.

But Luffy 'tricked' Aokji to leave them alone by making him accept 1 on 1 match with Luffy. Aokiji didnt choose to finish off Luffy there because he did just not want to and he believed that Water 7 could finish him off with Cp9.

Quote:
I don't see what you really want to contest about my line of the marines beeing the so-called good guys. Like you so nicely put it, the marines are the ones that uphold the law. That's what most good guys basicly do...
In Burma or some African country where goverment orders massacre of entire ethnic section of populace and where soldiers slaughter those ethnic groups of people and soldiers who observes the massacre and makes sure nothing is disturbing them and kill those that try to resist do this make those soldiers 'good' because they are upholding the law and order?

I am not saying that pirates are good by default and marines bad by default but its not that black and white.

Just because marines are marines and police force of One Piece world does not mean they are good and innocent, sure most of the lower rank marines are shown to honestly want to protect innocents from evil pirates but most of the superior ranking marines are almost all corrupt and evil in someways.

Marines ALWAYS follow orders, when Morgan ordered marines to shoot themself for head they were preparing to shoot themself to head. If admiral orders marines to protect city from pirates they protect it, and if admiral orders marines to exterminate entire city because there could be couple of criminals in city they will exterminate entire city.

Marines are perfect soldiers, they do excatly what they are told, too bad that most of superiors of marines are just so corrupt and cruel. Of course we get deserters like X-Drake who cant take it anylonger.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 10:27   Link #47
Vree
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Man, Kizaru is such a wussy. xD Does he also say "ooh, how frightening" to everything in the original, or is it supposed to be some other catchphrase?

Yeah, the part with the supernovas made no sense at all. Not only did they survive the encounter with Kizaru, they came back from the New World where they were heading, back to the exact place where they almost got captured, only to watch the broadcast?
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 10:44   Link #48
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fate's futon ofc
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Luffy is as determined as ever takin' on those big bad marines.
__________________



ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 11:03   Link #49
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
Man, Kizaru is such a wussy. xD Does he also say "ooh, how frightening" to everything in the original, or is it supposed to be some other catchphrase?

Yeah, the part with the supernovas made no sense at all. Not only did they survive the encounter with Kizaru, they came back from the New World where they were heading, back to the exact place where they almost got captured, only to watch the broadcast?
Kizaru never finished off any of those Rookies. Hawkins would have surely been killed had Sentamaru not called Kizaru in about Luffy. Also remember, some of the crewmates of the Pirate captains were there watching Kizaru totally own them, it makes sense that they got their captain and went into hiding...

Also. R.I.P Moby Dick. The crew seemed visibly upset at it being destroyed, and WB apologised to it. >_<
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 11:04   Link #50
'Pryde
I am better than you
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
shanks is sure to be watching this fight so isnt he sure to come after seeing luffy?
'Pryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 11:08   Link #51
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Pryde View Post
shanks is sure to be watching this fight so isnt he sure to come after seeing luffy?
He is busy having war with Kaidou...
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 11:22   Link #52
Trax
Rock beats scissors
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
I wonder what got Bonney so upset, I guess she must have some connection to Whitebeard...
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 11:27   Link #53
dejan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
I see Haki in luffy`s eyes!
dejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 11:50   Link #54
sanzo
33million Humming Brook
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ask me no questions and ill tell u no lies
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
Man, Kizaru is such a wussy. xD Does he also say "ooh, how frightening" to everything in the original, or is it supposed to be some other catchphrase?

Yeah, the part with the supernovas made no sense at all. Not only did they survive the encounter with Kizaru, they came back from the New World where they were heading, back to the exact place where they almost got captured, only to watch the broadcast?
Only to watch the broadcast?! This broadcast isn't just something to watch to pass the time. It's the battle between the greatest pirates in the new world vs the marines and by extension the World Government itself. The outcome of this war will change the outcome of the pirating era indefinitely. No pirate let alone person would miss this war.

AND It's not that over the top that the supernovas all made it. As it's been said before kizaru left the other supernova alone and all they had too do then is fight off normal marines and lay low or leave the island.
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 12:18   Link #55
Tommy
Mr. Prince
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Age: 31
I wonder how much longer Garp will stay idle, I'm guessing he'll intervene when the execution begins.

Maybe Hancock will help Luffy again against the admirals until whitebeard and co get there. More realistically though, I think Whitebeards "trump card" will distract the admirals enough so Luffy can get past them.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 12:47   Link #56
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
good guys
I'm intrigued that someone decided to use this phrase when there's an entirely separate thread to elaborate on the corruption of the WG...well, the marines cut out the transmission, that's not exactly playing fair, not to mention the dark history of the past, etc.,etc...
Anyway, on-topic: this was a pretty awesome chapter, stood out from the chaotic (to me, an inexperienced OP fan) battle in its simplicity and straight-forwardness. If all 3 admirals are fruit users, all Luffy has to do is stomp them with kairouseki sandals or something Would fit his attitude, at least...looking forward to the next chapter ~
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 13:22   Link #57
SMASHERJACKSON
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
first off, wtf WB has a trump card!?

2ndly, akainu knws pf luffys dad!?

awesome ch
SMASHERJACKSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 13:35   Link #58
Vree
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanzo View Post
Only to watch the broadcast?! This broadcast isn't just something to watch to pass the time. It's the battle between the greatest pirates in the new world vs the marines and by extension the World Government itself. The outcome of this war will change the outcome of the pirating era indefinitely. No pirate let alone person would miss this war.
Still, this is the New World where they were going that we're talking about, with three other warlords, and places where not even the marines can follow them. Nine times out of then when Luffy was in a situation like this he kept moving forward and catched up with the news later.

But I'd let that slip if it wasn't for the whole, yknow. Almost getting killed by admirals and cyborgs in the same place hardly any time ago thing. I'd be getting out of there faster than a bullet.

Why's Booney upset? Dunno. Maybe they got Rayleigh. (Probably not.) If every pirate takes this much effort for the Marines to capture it's really a wonder that they have deeper levels at Impel Down at all. xD

Fun chapter at either rate. What happened to the Pacifistas? I seem to have forgotten.
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 13:43   Link #59
seiji_kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Kizaru is an Admiral and an Admiral is only responsible for Fleet admiral and Seireitei, Kizaru had no intention of securing and arresting those pirates a perfect admiral would done that to be an example for his subordinates but Kizaru just didnt care, pirates were good toys to kill some time.
Responsible for fleet admiral and Seireitei? I don't know what you mean or you have to mean that they only fall under command of the fleet admiral and Seireitei. And I could care less about that cause I don't see that reason as enough just cause he wasn't specifically told. The man has a brain of himself.

And like I said, if it's really that he left them cause he didn't care then I truly find him incompitent cause the man is an admiral. The second highest position there is and you'd expect those guys to be more thorough then just leave 100+ mil guy to be able to escape cause he has a more pressing matter. Especially when Sentoumaru was already on Luffy's trail which gave him the time to be thorough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige
Ao Kiji noticed that during Luffy's career he only had attacked the 'bad' guys and thought this was very alarming progress, he originally mean to let Luffy go because he wanted to confrim that Robin was with Strawhats.

When he confirmed that he noticed that Luffy was very similar with Garp and was not just an ordinary pirate and he could become major threat to WG specially with Robin with them, he then decided to neutralize problem by killing all Strawhats.

But Luffy 'tricked' Aokji to leave them alone by making him accept 1 on 1 match with Luffy. Aokiji didnt choose to finish off Luffy there because he did just not want to and he believed that Water 7 could finish him off with Cp9.
Here I thougth he let Luffy go cause he said he owed him one like I said. An excuse that the supernovas not had on Kizaru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen's script
Aokiji: It would be so easy to crush you here
and end your life... but I have a debt to pay.
Let's call the stakes even... now that you've taken care of Crocodile for
me.
Plus...
No... nevermind. That's just Smoker being stupid...
Farewell...

Yeah just leave out the part where he says that he (they) owed him one cause he did their job for them in Alabasta bye stopping Crocodile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestige
In Burma or some African country where goverment orders massacre of entire ethnic section of populace and where soldiers slaughter those ethnic groups of people and soldiers who observes the massacre and makes sure nothing is disturbing them and kill those that try to resist do this make those soldiers 'good' because they are upholding the law and order?

I am not saying that pirates are good by default and marines bad by default but its not that black and white.

Just because marines are marines and police force of One Piece world does not mean they are good and innocent, sure most of the lower rank marines are shown to honestly want to protect innocents from evil pirates but most of the superior ranking marines are almost all corrupt and evil in someways.

Marines ALWAYS follow orders, when Morgan ordered marines to shoot themself for head they were preparing to shoot themself to head. If admiral orders marines to protect city from pirates they protect it, and if admiral orders marines to exterminate entire city because there could be couple of criminals in city they will exterminate entire city.

Marines are perfect soldiers, they do excatly what they are told, too bad that most of superiors of marines are just so corrupt and cruel. Of course we get deserters like X-Drake who cant take it anylonger.
No need to go out of your way to show that they are corrupt governments, law officers where the so called good guys are actually the bad guys. You always

That's why I even put down "so called". Nor do I want to discuss whether the WG is good or bad like it's been done a thousand times here cause it just boils down to opinion. Which mine is that the top with the Gorusei and their absolute justice is rotten which shows their even worse then the pirates.

However, in the OP world the marines are the so-called good guys in the eyes of the public. If you really don't get this or disagree with, well then...

And they always follow perfectly their orders, Smoker and Garp disagree. Even Jango and Fullbody broke the meeting time cause they were picking out flowers for Hina or what the reason was again. Don't turn every marine in mindless robots who perfectly follow every command. They still have a mind of their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I'm intrigued that someone decided to use this phrase when there's an entirely separate thread to elaborate on the corruption of the WG...well, the marines cut out the transmission, that's not exactly playing fair, not to mention the dark history of the past, etc.,etc...
Glad to intrigue you and I got better things to discuss such an opinionated thread where things can easely get heated. And then you had to find chapter 563 its thread far more intriguing due to the discussion whether tricking Squad was dirty or not. And don't leave out so-called.
__________________
http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/d6f0e9bb51ccf01c113566a57c39cea41226394548_full.jp  g

Last edited by seiji_kun; 2009-11-26 at 13:54.
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 14:40   Link #60
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Aha wow. Luffy jumping in front of the 3 Admirals and starting a fight.

I wonder if Hancock's beauty would affect the Admirals. Probably not since it barely worked on the vice admiral.
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.