AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-11-25, 22:45   Link #61
Blackbeard D. Kuma

This is twice now that Oda has refrained from showing us whether or not Shanks had his scar twenty two years ago. The first time (Chapter 434 - Page 10 - Middle Panel), Shanks' hair is covering the eye with the scar over it. The second time (in this very chapter), Shanks has his head down with his strawhat concealing most of his face. I just found this interesting to note.

I really like Doflamingo's old look back then. He reminded me of Captain Kidd with the goggles on top of his forehead and his hair being brushed upwards.
Old 2009-11-26, 00:08   Link #62
andy

well seem like grap and sengoku is who put gold lion in jail .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 00:21   Link #63
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
This is twice now that Oda has refrained from showing us whether or not Shanks had his scar twenty two years ago. The first time (Chapter 434 - Page 10 - Middle Panel), Shanks' hair is covering the eye with the scar over it. The second time (in this very chapter), Shanks has his head down with his strawhat concealing most of his face. I just found this interesting to note.

Actually, Shanks' face is clearly shown this chapter, and his face is scar-free. However, he was still in Roger's crew at the time. The panel from that spoiler pic takes place at a later point (after Roger's death, I believe). I guess that means Blackbeard wounded him sometime after Roger's crew parted ways.....

By the way, Shiki definitely seems like a pretty crazy guy. A face-off between him and Roger was shown (no details of the fight were revealed, though). And he took on both Garp and Sengoku at once. We also see him implanting his sword-legs at Impel Down (we have confirmation that Magellan was there, by the way, and chilling out with Whitebeard after he escaped.

...Geez, to think that they showed little Robin being on the run from the government by the time Shiki escaped from prison.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 00:30   Link #64
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

There's a lot of things revealed in the dialogs, I suggest you wait for the scanlation.
If you can't, here's my summary.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-26, 09:53   Link #65
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
For one, even two years before he reached Raftel, he had already located an ancient weapon capable of destroying the world.
Shiki wanted Roger to join forces with him, claiming that between his pirate army and the ancient weapon, they could rule the world.
Roger declines the offer, saying he's not interested in ruling the world. There's no point of being a pirate if he can't act freely as he wants.

I'm pretty sure that the ancient weapon in question is Poseidon, right? Because I remember the poneglyph at Skypiea makes mention of it (and Roger left a message on the glyph in question, so.....).

Roger turning down Shiki's offer is no surprise, of course.

Quote:
Shiki seemed to regard Roger very highly after this, and could not believe he has been captured by the marines.
So he stormed into Marineford, demanding to let him see Roger.
He doesn't care about this whole "Pirate King" name given to Roger, he feels he's the only man equal to him.
Garp and Sengoku fights Shiki, and the battle between these three alone destroyed half of the entire Marineford.

So I guess this confirms that Shiki didn't infiltrate Impel Down after all, but simply rampaged in Marineford. The fact that his fight with Garp and Sengoku destroyed half the island just goes to show what sort of monsters those guys were.....

By the way, it's good to know that Sengoku is capable of kicking ass, after all. I hope this means we'll actually see him fight against Whitebeard in the current Marineford storyline.....

Quote:
Later, we get to see Magellan as Sub Chief Warden, answering to the Chief Warden of the time.
So Magellan was in the same position Hannyabal is in currently. (We don't get to see the Chief Warden's face, only Magellan taking orders)

Okay, so I was right when I said Magellan was a vice-warden (too bad Shiryuu didn't appear during the Impel Down scene..... I guess he was employed at a later date). It also would've been nice if we at least got the name of the former warden like we did with Kong, but oh well.

Quote:
At Shiki and Whitebeard's meeting
Shiki: How's the sea without Roger? No one stands in our way anymore...
It seems the era belongs to you now, Whitebeard?
Whitebeard: If you came here to chat bullshit Shiki, I'll sink you to the bottom of the ocean right now!
Shiki: Jihahahahaha!! Glad to see you're still an asshole.
I plan to go into hiding for a while. I'll show this lukewarm era the fear of a true pirate...!!
Whitebeard: You're up to no good again....

Heh, looks like even back then Whitebeard had little interest in becoming pirate king. I still wonder what Oda will have in store for Shiki outside of the movie, though. We know he exists in the manga's canon because he was clearly mentioned during the Impel Down storyline, but now I have my doubts about him being dead in the manga's present......

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-11-26 at 10:09.
Old 2009-11-26, 11:40   Link #66
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

I think we're missing the most important part of the entire chapter here. Pandaman was a part of the Legendary Roger Pirates.

OMG, OMG. Joz & Marco as youngsters on WB's crew. So they've been there frm the very beginning then. As well as Vista and Blackbeard as well.
Wow. This chapter is just amazing, it reveals so much and alotta history at the same time. I'd love to see this get animated..
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 12:15   Link #67
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Actually, Shanks' face is clearly shown this chapter, and his face is scar-free. However, he was still in Roger's crew at the time. The panel from that spoiler pic takes place at a later point (after Roger's death, I believe). I guess that means Blackbeard wounded him sometime after Roger's crew parted ways.....
In both of those panels I referenced, we see Shanks literally moments right after Roger had been executed. In those very same panels, Oda hides Shanks' eyes; so we don't know for sure if he didn't have the scars. That being said, there is also a possiblity Blackbeard inflicted those scars over Shanks' eye shortly before Roger died. This would make sense considering how Whitebeard's and Roger's crews were always battling each other, and during the course of those battles would have been the perfect opportunity for Blackbeard to wound Shanks. If what I postulate is true, Shanks getting scarred most likely happened before Roger's crew disbanded (which was before Roger's death), because it's not like the individuals who had went their separate ways would dare to attack an enemy when he has his whole crew to protect him (Blackbeard having the protection of Whitebeard and his entire crew, in this case).

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2009-11-26 at 12:36.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 14:44   Link #68
'Pryde
I am better than you

man...moria sure was alot skinnier and scarier lookin when he was younger. I like that look alot better than wat he looks like now
'Pryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 15:14   Link #69
Vree

OMG Duval xD

Now this is the sort of thing I like. xD
Forgive me, but with Shiki actually having to go rough stuff (losing a battle because of an injury, sacrificing his legs to escape jail) makes him so much better as a character for me. Too bad that this kind of thing only happens in flashbacks in OP.

It would be too awesome if it happened, but here is a thought:

What if Shiki and Indigo found the original island of the Devil Fruits?

(He does mention "unique plants"...)
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 15:18   Link #70
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Just read the scanlation, There was like a ton of info here and a confirmation on a lot of things. Garp was clearly admiral level back in the day and seeing Sengoku and him take on Shiki will hopefully mean that we will witness Sengoku fight in the future. Also interesting to see bogart was with Garp so that might put a dent on MarvelB's theory about him being a spy if Dragon had not started his revolution movement at that time. Weird seeing Dragon not having any tattoos as well, Maybe he was just a pirate tookie back then?

Oda not showing crocodile's face seemingly adds suspicion to the fact that he was a woman before Ivankov turned him into a man. Seeing duval and a lot of older characters was a hilarious and awesome moment.
We got a glimpse of a few other Roger pirates, who i hope will make an appearance
Marvel B, doctor kureha doesn't have a son it was merely a villager in the background.
I thought it was pretty obvious based on the trailers of the movie, That Shiki's powers are to make any object fly and fly himself, Which is why he didn't need his feet. This was a pretty good setup for Shiki as an interesting and badass villain.
I gotta say this is a pretty ingenious way to get people hyped for the movie. The Japanese box office sales should be interesting.
It was worth all the breaks after all. Make a movie next year too Oda, so we can more plot details and revelations.

Last edited by Poetic Justice; 2009-11-26 at 15:33.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 16:08   Link #71
PrototypeX2

Shiki looks like a non-cannon Blackbeard rip-off to me.This mysterious guy with plans trying to destroy world story will never get old lol.
PrototypeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 16:13   Link #72
james0246

^Yeah, but unlike Blackbeard, Shiki has the worst luck imaginable. Half a steeering wheel stuck in his head, relatively stupid, no feet, etc. Blackbeard, arguably, much like Roger it appears, has fat on his side.

edit: LOL, I said fat instead of fate .

Last edited by james0246; 2009-11-26 at 17:04.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 17:02   Link #73
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Wait, what? Crocodile a woman? When did that happen? o.O

Anyway, it's interesting to see a lot of people in their younger days. Li'l Robin is so cute. xD Lucci and and the pigeon are friends forever. XD
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 17:13   Link #74
Prestige

Very exciting and informative chapter, mixing funny and sad moments together.

Sengoku seems to be melee fighter like a Garp, what the hell with Duval's accent even at baby speak?

Crocodile was watching Rogers execution in Loguetown... I was pretty intrested about this fact... oh and people looked really intresting about 20 years ago.

Shiki appears to be quite badass... I am really getting intrested about this movie... shame that it airs only at japan...
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 17:17   Link #75
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
It's a crazy theory stemming from the fact that Ivan knows Croc's *secret* and this just adds fuel to the fire.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 17:20   Link #76
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Really stupid and sovinist theory during Impel Down where Ivankov turned one guy to woman and told to Croc that he knew secret of Crocodile.

I fail to see how making Crocodile woman would make him any weaker... I am pretty sure that its something about his powers or personality.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 17:26   Link #77
ZeroForever

I liked how it answered alot of back story character questions that i've been wondering about... like why garp wasn't a admiral and if sengoku can fight.

makes me actually kinda hyped about the movie, which is a first since most are meh...
Old 2009-11-26, 17:26   Link #78
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

haha well nice to know garp and Sengoku's friendship hasn't changed in 20 years, no wonder Garp acts like he does around Sengoku cause for most part he can
Pretty awesome seeing Garp and Sengoku going up agianst Shiki even if we don't actually get to see the fight, now thats writing for ya.

Pretty cool seeing all these characters from before and for some reason I chuckled at chibi Hatchan, not that I found him adorbale or cute per say but funny looking I guess
He's someone you wouldn't think had such connections eh
Old 2009-11-26, 19:38   Link #79
marvelB

Having read the full translation, I can say without hyperbole that it would be an absolute waste for Shiki to merely be a one-shot movie villain. I've taken a real liking to the guy after seeing how passionate he is about "true" piracy (as was mentioned before, he's pretty similar to Blackbeard in that regard. Plus, they both share the same dream of world domination, though Shiki has been less successful in his plans than Teach). Here's to hoping that Oda will find a way to use Shiki in a future manga storyline at some point in the future.....

By the way, it's nice to know that Marco, Jozu and Vista all have seniority over Ace in Whitebeard's crew. It's great to get a glimpse of Wapol's father, as well (too bad baku-baku boy himself didn't appear, though). The only past characters missing are those from Skypiea (specifically Gan Fall), but it makes sense since they wouldn't much news from the blue seas since they all live so high up in the sky. Therefore, they wouldn't know about Roger's death.....

I actually think it would be neat if Oda did another special flashback chapter like this at some point in the future. Who knows, maybe he'll consider doing so a few years down the line.
Old 2009-11-26, 21:50   Link #80
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
You know, until this 0 manga. I had no idea how old Boa is. She's well older then Ace. She's roughly around the same age as Robin.