AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 15 17.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 29.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 31.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-30, 01:07   Link #121
Sibs

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2009-11-30, 01:07   Link #122
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Tanya was a goner the moment her boss was killed since we all know she wasn't going to tag along with the group. Now, if only this is a 24 episode series then we can have more of Suou vs Tanya moments. I think Tanya had the potential to gain back some of her personality as be a part of Suou's development but the damn shota shot her.

As for the next episode, I'm pretty sure that Suou will learn a thing or two about what happened two years ago as well as the black reaper. It seems like every time she gets upset at Hei it triggers some sort of recovery for Hei.
Old 2009-11-30, 03:34   Link #123
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
i also think suou will find out next episode that her dad and brother have been using her for their own devices and will be royaly pissed off and then team up with Hei.
Old 2009-11-30, 07:48   Link #124
Narutaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
i also think suou will find out next episode that her dad and brother have been using her for their own devices and will be royaly pissed off and then team up with Hei.
if she finds out about her brother and father manipulating her, it's more likely that she'll be in denial and just want to find them and ask them herself.
Old 2009-11-30, 08:01   Link #125
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

At the end of it, she's going to get upset and pissed either way. I still don't think that the guy there is the real father. He acts more like a servant. Shion treated him differently too imo.
Old 2009-11-30, 08:23   Link #126
xKeen

I liked the ending of this episode when suou was walking with july holding hands,they look cute.
The song that is played when Tanya talks to Suou is good,mentioned this earlier but again!

Credits to Pellissier~
Old 2009-11-30, 11:50   Link #127
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I LOLed at the preview...

Spoiler for Preview stuff:

Shion's has some deadly sniping skills! And yeah, Repnin must've pissed his pants when he saw how "good" Hei was in eating.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-11-30, 12:02   Link #128
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
I LOLed at the preview...

Spoiler for Preview stuff:

Shion's has some deadly sniping skills! And yeah, Repnin must've pissed his pants when he saw how "good" Hei was in eating.
Deadly? Lawl he was so close and was shooting with an AT rifle, no worries about missing at THAT distance.

Im just surprised the stupid little kid could handle the recoil on that bad baby, same goes for suou...but then again, it would be stupid if they got blown backwards each time they shot lawl...would make for a nice getaway though ;P
Old 2009-11-30, 12:07   Link #129
Sigsig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As unfortunately seems usual these days, I had exactly the opposite reaction: my heart sank to think that we will get some stupid filler now. Here's hoping they do something better with those two this time than in the first series.

Otherwise, a highly enjoyable episode, with action, events, information, humanity, sorrow, and more questions. Suou and July walking into Ginza hand in hand. "Memory of the future"....

One of my favorite things, as in last week's preview, was seeing Hei eating like the old Hei.
i have a feeling, that at this rate of the series progression, with fillers taken into account, that the season will end the moment suou reunites with shion
Old 2009-11-30, 13:19   Link #130
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I noted with interest that as soon as it became clear Suou was splitting from Hei, July took off like a shot after her. It's clear his loyalties are unabashedly with her - but why? What is a doll's motivation to attach itself to a contractor in this situation?
Old 2009-11-30, 15:14   Link #131
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
At the end of it, she's going to get upset and pissed either way. I still don't think that the guy there is the real father. He acts more like a servant. Shion treated him differently too imo.
The only thing is, maybe he is the real father, and the real father was like Shion's servant, too. I remember the father warning Suou about spending too much time with Shion. Shion seems to be extremely powerful in some way (every way?). Maybe he can even bring Tanya and Nico back, somehow?

@Guardian Enzo -- Maybe it's just that July is her spotter, so his function as a doll is connected with hers as a contractor. But probably it's because she has been making efforts to communicate with him as a human being. As Hei did with Yin.

@Vulcannis -- As far as I can recall, that was the fist time Hei admitted killing Suou's father, although maybe she already believed he did. Noriomom's ability was water manipulation, but I'm not sure whether she had a spout from the fountain ready to use, or Yin just took over and did it. In either case, I think you may be onto something in saying that Yin may take over a contractor's power and use it to kill them. I still have no idea why she would want to kill them, except in that case.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Old 2009-11-30, 18:02   Link #132
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Damn i felt bad for Tanya just when she managed to regain a little something she gets half her body blown away. Well it was only a matter of time and even though she did regain some of those lost feelings her Contractor nature quickly covered them up such a shame. She honestly did nothing wrong she just happen to be a contractor and that was the luck of the draw. Suou has now lost both of her closest friends one eaten by cockroaches and the other one blown away by Suous very own twin with his own Rifle. Interesting things are starting to form.
Old 2009-11-30, 18:40   Link #133
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Damn i felt bad for Tanya just when she managed to regain a little something she gets half her body blown away. Well it was only a matter of time and even though she did regain some of those lost feelings her Contractor nature quickly covered them up such a shame. She honestly did nothing wrong she just happen to be a contractor and that was the luck of the draw. Suou has now lost both of her closest friends one eaten by cockroaches and the other one blown away by Suous very own twin with his own Rifle. Interesting things are starting to form.
There sure is a lot of tragedy to go around with this series.
Old 2009-11-30, 19:50   Link #134
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I noted with interest that as soon as it became clear Suou was splitting from Hei, July took off like a shot after her. It's clear his loyalties are unabashedly with her - but why? What is a doll's motivation to attach itself to a contractor in this situation?
July following Suou means that Suou isn't without protection. He has been taking the initiative to keeping track of her. He can always call Hei for help like he did when they got kidnapped. Lots of glass in Tokyo.
Old 2009-12-01, 09:43   Link #135
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite Send a message via Skype™ to Jin Kizuite
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOuuuuuuuuuuu TANYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! *Cries on someone's chest*

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2009-12-01, 10:21   Link #136
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
July following Suou means that Suou isn't without protection. He has been taking the initiative to keeping track of her. He can always call Hei for help like he did when they got kidnapped. Lots of glass in Tokyo.
July can't call Hei for help since he lost his contractor powers though. Wasn't Suou the one who noticed that July was calling for help and told Hei?
Old 2009-12-01, 12:30   Link #137
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
July can't call Hei for help since he lost his contractor powers though. Wasn't Suou the one who noticed that July was calling for help and told Hei?
But Mao is with Hei pretty often and he can still see the ghosts.
Old 2009-12-01, 12:35   Link #138
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
No, Hei in the last ep said to thank July for rescuing her. The only way for Hei to have known where they were is with help from July (ep.7 21:41). Last ep. thread, we thought that he could see the observational spirits again.

This ep. his appetite returned. Again, a similar arguement could be made as to how he found her again.
Old 2009-12-01, 12:51   Link #139
Equidistant

Quote:
No, Hei in the last ep said to thank July for rescuing her. The only way for Hei to have known where they were is with help from July (ep.7 21:41). Last ep. thread, we thought that he could see the observational spirits again.

This ep. his appetite returned. Again, a similar arguement could be made as to how he found her again.
His appetite returned because he stopped drinking, and just like 2 episodes ago he couldn't see Yin's observational spirit and nothing has happened since then to think he regained that ability.
Old 2009-12-01, 13:06   Link #140
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

1. We have no direct info that Hei can see observation ghosts, but I can't see how he found Suou in ep7 if he couldn't, especially since he told her to thank July. Hei was with Suou all that time, so he can't have told Hei. Could he somehow tell that July had obscured Ilya's vision with an observation ghost in the windshield?

2. I haven't heard of sake being a complete substitute for food, although beer can be. Sake has a higher alcohol content than beer, so you'd have to be very, very drunk to get enough food value, I think. I'm not sure what the staff is trying to tell us with this shift from sake to food: just cleaning up his act, or getting his powers back?
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Closed Thread