AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your favourite arc?
Introduction/Land of Waves arc 12 17.14%
Chunin Exam/ Invasion of Konoha arc 35 50.00%
Search for Tsunade arc 7 10.00%
Sasuke Retrieval arc 9 12.86%
Kakashi Gaiden arc 13 18.57%
Rescue Gaara arc 7 10.00%
Sasuke and Sai arc 1 1.43%
Hidan and Kakuzu arc 9 12.86%
Itachi Pursuit/Jiraiya v. Pain arc 26 37.14%
Senjutsu Training/Invasion of Pain arc 28 40.00%
Five Kage Summit arc 8 11.43%
Other 1 1.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-11-30, 13:12   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Favourite Story Arc

This is a thread dedicated to your favourite arc of the Naruto manga or anime series. For the sake of brevity, only manga arcs will be listed, but the “Other” option is available for both future manga arcs as well as anime exclusive arcs (which are listed below). This new thread will replace all old similar themed threads and shall use a poll in order to properly tally our various opinions.

Additionally, do not make this thread into an “old vs. new” debate. While there are probably legitimate points concerning fan appreciation for initial arcs over current arcs, and maybe previous arcs are viewed more favourably than newer arcs, but this is not point of this thread. This is simply a thread dedicated to appreciation, not comparison. That being said, honest criticism of new or old threads is always relevant, just do not construct such criticism in an old vs. new debate/discussion. I expect that if this thread degenerates into mindless new vs. old rants then Hunter will probably shut down the thread...

Spoiler for Anime-only arcs:

Last edited by james0246; 2009-11-30 at 14:01.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 13:54   Link #2
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

FYI: made the changes and nuked previous votes as requested.
Old 2009-11-30, 14:27   Link #3
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Although the end pretty much ruined Naruto in general for me, the most enjoyment I have gotten out of reading the series was the Pain Arc. I never saw Naruto as that great of a character until that fight, and suddenly he was awesome. The major characters being seriously injured or dying left and right really gave the fight meaning (obviously to be stripped away as soon as Pain pulled his dragonball no jutsu). Up until that moment though, it was epic.

Sense then I feel like I'm just reading it because I want to finish what I started, desperately hoping that somewhere down the road Kishi realizes sacrificing some favorites like Kakashi or Hinata would be more than worth the weight it gives the story as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Only known as Nude Dancing Hinata Arc
Seriously does anyone even remember anything about that arc besides that? It was definitely the defining moment, lol
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 16:32   Link #4
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

That has to be the Senjutsu training and Invasion of Pain. That was simply marvelous.. epic.. insane.. great.. and dramatic. It had everything. Heck just from that Arc alone they could've made a great movie.

Main character is training..the evil boss destroys many homes and kills hundreds... thousands of people. Ninja's and civilians.. and afterwards... the main character returns.. to beat the living crap out of him.. and eventually returns back home.. as a hero.
Old 2009-11-30, 17:00   Link #5
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Only thing that ruined that epicness was Nagato being converted to Narutis, I swear Naruto has mind control techniques to make his opponents do what he wants them to. He already has 2 followers who are Kages and soon the Raikage might join them and Gaara is spreading it to the Tsuchikage so Naruto will basically control the ninja world

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 23:56   Link #6
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

It's gotta be the chunnin exam arc for me. Nothing = win like a tournament arc in shonen jump format. It should be a rule that any fighting shonen jump should have a tournament arc they are always full of awesome.
Old 2009-12-01, 04:54   Link #7
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The arcs I liked the most were the zombie brothers arc, because of the drama included as well as the combination of power and strategy involved, and the quest for Tsunade arc, it just gives off a very Naruto-like feel, not too goofy but also not dead-serious or emo, which makes it easy to read and highly enjoyable for me.
Old 2009-12-01, 10:46   Link #8
kitten320

Chunin exams for me. Pein's arc was aweasome but the end completly had ruined my whole excitement for it...
Old 2009-12-01, 13:44   Link #9
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Only thing that ruined that epicness was Nagato being converted to Narutis, I swear Naruto has mind control techniques to make his opponents do what he wants them to. He already has 2 followers who are Kages and soon the Raikage might join them and Gaara is spreading it to the Tsuchikage so Naruto will basically control the ninja world
Yeah... you know...Naruto's existence itself already working like the Eye Moon Plan..
Old 2009-12-01, 14:44   Link #10
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Yeah... you know...Naruto's existence itself already working like the Eye Moon Plan..
I wonder who is better at convincing people: Lelouch, Naruto or Madara

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 19:04   Link #11
DarthDestroiar

Itachi Pursuit/Jiraiya v. Pain arc
Just because my favorite fight is in it
DarthDestroiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 20:40   Link #12
Abyssinian

I voted Kakashi Gaiden, because it was small, but very nice. I enjoyed it very much.
Old 2009-12-02, 02:23   Link #13
chickdigger802

haku saga was nice. So was chunnin exam before final. After that naruto lost most of it's 'grittyness' and became crap and boring.
chickdigger802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 04:18   Link #14
Haak
Watching Ookami Shoujo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilis View Post
Seriously does anyone even remember anything about that arc besides that? It was definitely the defining moment, lol
If I recall, Hinata beat the shit out of a giant killer bee.

Yes i voted for "other" because of that arc. Also the episode where they tried to unmask Kakashi.
Old 2009-12-02, 04:36   Link #15
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
If I recall, Hinata beat the shit out of a giant killer bee.
Probably the only moment where she did something cool
Old 2009-12-02, 04:42   Link #16
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I like the first two arcs the most.
Back then, everything was alright. No big ambitions of ruling the entire world and no dbz-like powers. A relatively small-scaled story, great side characters, interesting fights and the greatest villain of the series made those arcs something special, imo.
Old 2009-12-02, 11:51   Link #17
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
That has to be the Senjutsu training and Invasion of Pain. That was simply marvelous.. epic.. insane.. great.. and dramatic. It had everything. Heck just from that Arc alone they could've made a great movie.

Main character is training..the evil boss destroys many homes and kills hundreds... thousands of people. Ninja's and civilians.. and afterwards... the main character returns.. to beat the living crap out of him.. and eventually returns back home.. as a hero.
This arc had no sasuke, no other bullshit it was just naruto, a wicked new technique(s) and a kick ass villain, so yeah, i hear ya. Its not even that I hate Sasuke per se, its just that... meh, I dont feel passionate about his goals. In naruto's case I can get reved up about his goals (even the one saving sasuke), because they're more involved imo.

With that said I feel they should have definelty created a Neji arc, his story brings up alot of emotions like naruto's also: a family forced to be divided into castes, and even though he is one of the most talented hyuuga in history, hes a servant and has to wash hinatas laundry. sucks. His situation has alot of potential to be a great arc.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 18:12   Link #18
kitten320

I wouldn't mind Neji arc... I wouldn't even mind to see Hinata there
Old 2009-12-02, 18:23   Link #19
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
This arc had no sasuke, no other bullshit it was just naruto, a wicked new technique(s) and a kick ass villain, so yeah, i hear ya. Its not even that I hate Sasuke per se, its just that... meh, I dont feel passionate about his goals. In naruto's case I can get reved up about his goals (even the one saving sasuke), because they're more involved imo.
Technically the Pain Invasion arc included the Sasuke v. Kirabi battle, but, that being said, I understand your point. One of the reason I like both the Itachi Pursuit arc and the Pain Invasion Arc is because both arcs are focused almost completely on one character, with only a few chapters dedicated to other characters (the Itachi Pursuit arc, for instance, also contains the Jiraiya v. Pain battle, while the Pain Invasion arc includes the Senjutsu training as well as the Code deciphering and Sasuke v. Kirabi). Consequently, we are able to delve more deeply into the individual characters, which allows for extra development.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 19:07   Link #20
GusGus

Oh come on, the invasion of pain was awful, it started great but when Naruto returned everything went down hill.

The insane power up that Naruto gained in a few days and the Nagato's brain wash kill the arc to me.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote